Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

There’s also snow on Venus so Earth being so hosed up that it needs life support for people makes sense!

But wait, why does your Warframe need life support? It’s for the unnamed guy doing the hacking I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I can only assume that the archwings contain some kind of shielding and life support which is how you can survive in space / underwater.

Also that water isn’t simply water but a supercritical fluid of water and ammonia. So like 100 atm minimum of pressure and maybe 400C minimum

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’m glad I appear to have started an hour long running discussion on the hek in alliance chat.
My newbie take: its good

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Saddest Robot posted:

I think that one of the design flaws of Limbo and some other frames (like Octavia to a much lesser extent) is that it requires the other players in the group to know how your frame works - and in a game with 35 different frames, and more on the way, expecting everyone to know how every other frame works is kind of a big expectation. If a player gets sucked into the limbo dimension then they have to know, without the game ever telling them, that they can do a roll to get out.

This, as a new player until I built a limbo I had no idea what was going on when one was in my party.

I also thought Octavia's 2 was a cosmetic until I asked clan chat and then followed up and looked up Octavia's mechanics where I discovered metronome

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dahbadu posted:

That's actually a pretty drat good point!

OK, here's my final Rhino build: https://goo.gl/EQEZdb

It's new player friendly (granted, you have to complete the Sacrifice quest) and doesn't require primed mods.

Edit: I'm actually pretty excited to try this out. Looks like I have a project this weekend.

Level 10 mods aren't new player friendly, those are 38k endo each, no?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Well I certainly didn’t expect our resident Death Cult being based around worshipping an autistic Tenno banished from the rest of the group because proto-Lotus Margulis thought he was too annoying, or something. I’m sure his portrayal is highly problematic and insensitive, but eh. It was a cool quest.

I found Clem on the roof :3:

I can’t do the follow up quest for another week,other than the prologue, but gently caress me im not going to get used to the “Hey Kiddo” thing, especially since my Operator has glowing electric blue eyes that shine in the dark. And gently caress THIS KEITH THOMPSON-DESIGNED, TOGA-WEARING, YAOI-HANDED, MOM-STEALING HOMEWRECKER.

If we're doing spoiler questions, I have one after the sacrifice: If the warframes are people that were infected then what exactly are we doing in our foundries?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Flytrap posted:

A lamer, less fun Lord Shaxx then, got it. Thank you. Seems like kind of an odd choice for what feels like they're supposed to be a major player.

The lore behind PVP is that it’s how Tenno train and learn how to use their Warframes before going on the missions Lotus sends you on. So he’s actually pretty important story wise.

You’d only discover this if you wandered into his room at a relay

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

Hey guess what, CorPro is actually entirely unnecessary bar 120+ level grineer (which most people don't really fight, more work around) and Tridolons. If you're playing the game regularly and doing non-really high end stuff, don't worry about CorPro like, at all.

For people that don't have lots of mods and upgrades a level 50 enemy is as hard as a level 120 enemy for someone with all the mods and endo in the world.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ran the sortie today with a pubbie that didn’t use corpro. A sortie against grineer with extra armor as the condition.

Use corpro jfc

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

devinebovine posted:

Why are you fighting things in a rescue mission?!

Event target showed up :v:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sandweed posted:

Protip for Ivaras bow: Heavy Caliber.

Any protips for getting it to drop? I think I have 5 tainted mags.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I sure am enjoying this double nef's brokers.... in the red!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That pistol "feels" really good with the recoil reducing mod on it.

Too bad it takes up a slot so the gun will always be a lesser option.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 12, 2018

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Flytrap posted:

Rhino players need to remember that they have more moves than Iron Skin.

Your best move is your Stomp assholes, use it and stop making me pick your dumb rear end up because you thought you were invincible.

And stop using skin before engaging! Your armor is calculated based on how much you're getting shot when you cast it, it's as useless as a shield when cast out of combat!

But yeah Frost is great, a lot of people use it as their universal main.

You sure the best move isn’t roar?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

1) never cast it, basically
2) disorients a target and pulses an energy recharge four times; if the target dies before it expires, then the rest of the pending energy gets pulsed out at once - this is part of why Trinity owns so much
3) teethers you to up to three nearby enemies; you take 75% less damage while tethered and that 75% of damage that is mitigated gets redirected to the tethered bad guys - this is part of how you get really tanky
4) big AoE heal with with a damage reduction buff attached (caps at 75%) - this is the other part of why Trinity is both awesome and really tanky

Your goal for modding her is to hit 150% ability strength, and then build for duration without tanking your range too much. Efficiency is nice but for most stuff you can just EV.

Or just built for -duration and press 2 all day everyday.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Truga posted:

oh boy are you gonna love sorties :v:

The only hard part of sorties is keeping up with the other goons.

Well. Radiation procs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It clearly says $110 value so it’s actually a good deal

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kinda like when the Elite Dangerous community asks for features to be less convenient and more time consuming for “realism”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

And Tyler Too! posted:

the best part of void D.

Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Rhino should do the job, keep doing Fossa on Venus until you get all the parts. Max out a Steel Fiber and Intensify mod, since Iron Skin builds off those. Ask in alliance chat for the Iron Shrapnel mod so you can refresh Iron Skin when it gets low.

And do not level iron shrapnel

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

ballas is absolutely a gigantic fucker and this isn't de trying to 'redeem' him, they're just adding another facet to his character

literally the big story quest before this is all about how much of a gigantic fucker ballas truly is

He’s also nice enough to give us a sword to kill him with!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Was there any confirmation that the current lotus plot stuff is because rebecca didn’t want to do as much VO work?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

edit lol wrong thing

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The most relatable character in the game is Hok. Eh crafts zaws and doesn't afraid of anything.

And Konzu. He just wants you to do all his work for him so he can duck out and get lunch.

The corpus leaders are all orokin too right? Like that dude in the detron crewman synthesis imprint.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Look at them thesa comein to dis place whena thesa know thesa is no pure. Tenno use da keys, but thesa is mere trespassers. On missa, vor, know da true power of da void. Mesa cut in half, destroy, but through its janus key, da void call to missa. It bringa missa here and here mesa reborn. Weesa cannot blame these creatures, thesa is be l by a false prophet, a impostor who knows no da secrets of da void. Behold da tenno, comein to scavenge and desecrata dis sacr realm. Missa brothers, did missa no taleo of dis day? Did missa no prophesize dis moment? Now, missa ganna stop them. Now mesa chang, reborn through da energy of da janus key. Forever bound toda void. Let it be known, if da tenno wanna true salvation, thesa ganna lay down thesa arms, and wait for da baptism of missa janus key. Isa time. Missa ganna teach these trespassers da redemptive power of missa janus key. Thesa ganna learn its simple truth. Da tenno is nocomebackie, and thesa ganna resist. But missa, vor, ganna cleanse dis place of thesa impurity.

Cursed... everything.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SIGSEGV posted:

Tides would die out, orbit would be slightly modified by the suddenly missing mass counterweight. Possibly quite unpleasant, but I don't really care to calculate it because Rhino can canonically disrupt space-time by stomping.

Stomping with a little help from the void

I assume a lot of crazier warframe abilities would invoke operator magic anyways

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It’s so it can be shortened to Arby’s and we can all make terrible jokes in clan chat.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’m confused I thought the alt fire was a suicide button

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

x beef n cheddar

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You put a potato in a mk-1 braton?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So I assume Vor’s speech is already up in the dojo?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sockpuppetclock posted:

loving FLYING NULLIFIERS

“Hello zephyr I see you’re having fun, that’s not allowed unfortunately”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I ran a 40 minute survival with Octavia a few hours ago and the song I was using is still stuck in my head.

Is this a recurring problem with this frame

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

njsykora posted:

Octavia: The Tenno were lacking in sick bass drops.

Octavia: all about the bass, no Tenno

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I just completed glast gambit and the reward is only mentioned as an "old orokin relic" or something. A warframe is never mentioned with regards to the colonists.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'd really like a 4k forma drop tbh

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pipski posted:

I'd like forma prime, that doesn't require you to tediously re-level everything, and lots of it.

Its a plot from big sanctuary to keep you running onslaughts.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

I had a bad dream last week that they made all weapons have the paracesis rank 40 gimmick, and buying hundreds of formas. Woke up in a cold sweat

Just do rubico prime and pyrana prime tia

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Twin grakatas is all the dakka you could ever want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Movement in this game is going to give me carpal tunnel syndrome though