Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brakanjan
May 26, 2014
anyone here actually manage to play multiplayer yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

macnbc posted:

Just started this up tonight, and even though I'm under <10,000 with my citizen number I'm still not multiplayer-enabled.

Plowing into an asteroid was far less satisfying than I hoped it would be. I wanted maximum carnage!
This game sure is pretty. It's got a lot of potential but boy is it clearly an alpha still.

Under 10,000 , Man I got no way in hell of seeing that soon then. On the plus side hopefully they will have cleaned it up a little by the time I get there.

As for satisfying I felt the same way flying under that yellow energy beam. I wanted to see the different damage states and all that happened was it flipping to a cut scene of the ship blowing up.

Yeah looks nice, plays a little odd though. Saw someone compare the ship flying to water sloshing around in a bucket.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Octopode posted:

The paragraph is a bit misleading and confusing, especially if you're not a close follower of the game.

Star Citizen is not an MMO in that the Persistent Universe is not the sole way to play the game. It's more accurate to say that playing the game on an MMO-like server is one of several ways to play the game, but you are not forced to in the manner of a real MMO. Instead, you can play a single player campaign, or host your own version of the MMO style server (scaled down to what your machine can support).

Only the official PU server will be impacted by your pledge ships, organizations, and the like, though.

Basically the carebear can ride the rainbow without interference, if they choose and still have fun doing it :)

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Warcabbit posted:

The 360 controller works really well. I was surprised.
None of this yaw-twitching. The Aurora flies like my old Honda Civic, light and responsive but anemic. The 300 does feel like a BMW, precise and accurate. And the Hornet is... well, it's not as precise as the 300, but it really doesn't care.

I kept wondering if that's why they kept using controllers. Is it better than a standard joystick?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Courthouse posted:

Also, has anyone noticed any stealth mechanics? Doesn't seem to be implemented yet?

Do you mean stealth as in going cloaked or cutting out the engine and hiding behind an asteroid - star wars style?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Raged posted:

If you are whining about how the game should not be made for the lowest common denominator you should go post with your fellow spergs on the official forums. Also Brad McQuaid has a game in development just for you.

P.S. Diablo 3 is a million times better now that it doesn't cater for the pant shitter sperg crowd.

you telling me blizzard don't cater to every little newbies whinge on how something is OP and needs to be nerfed because it is to hard and unfair at the moment. (Said in the tone of someone who hiked 10kms in the snow and fought off wild bears just to buy his game cartridge - back in the day).

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
Surely if they make micro transactions for in game creds, like plex in eve, available to sell and purchase for both in game and normal currency - that would work. Of course they must prepare economically for that but they got years to perfect it right?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
I just downloaded 2.5 gig patch on launch - anyone know where to find patch notes for AC?
Correction that was 1 of 2 I am now downloading 10.5 gigs. Seems like the game crashed when I returned to hanger after flying the aurora bus. Now I am downloading the full AC again? Not sure :(
Thank the heavens I have a good connection only 8 minute wait.

brakanjan fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 6, 2014

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
so flying with a logitech flightmaster joystick. I am actually using every single mode to use this effectively. Normal as is ,is great for evasive maneuvering but when trying to hit those bad boys then the compensation is all over the place so I hit caps lock and uncoupled mode seems to work for finer aiming or if all else fails I just quickly jump to the mouse to finish them off :) Occasionally I get fed up and just launch a missile. I must add that match speed function seems to work quite well. Although I had my guns shot off and flew around for 10mins trying to ram a scythe - does not seem possible they seem to stop in mid air do a back flip and change
direction on a dime.

What is actually happening in Uncoupled mode while its great for finer adjustments I seem unable to pull off any evasive maneuver. Tried flying like that in free flight I seem to just end up drifting aimlessly half the time.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

TasogareNoKagi posted:

The penis ships now have balls. Well, some of them. I guess cargo hauling is for eunuchs.

I thought eunuchs had there balls lopped off.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

DatonKallandor posted:

That TNGS ship will be hosed when it comes to implementation, because engine size and component placement seems to be the most important detail for combat - their engine pods are gigantic, I'd say about a third or fourth the size of the rest o the ship each. 300i's die when they get shot from behind because their engine is huge, and each wing contain a third of their firepower. Aurora Engines are fairly tiny and they've got those 4 weird stubby wings and a lot of dead hull that doesn't matter if it's damaged or lost - plus their firepower is in a place where you're probably dead anyway if you get hit.

That is the the only reason I voted for the Boomslang. I was just thinking even if I banked or rolled I would just be bringing those great big pliers into enemy line of sight :smith:

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
You see the 10 for the chairman, Question 7 at 11.29

-Can a player organization be classified as a terrorist organization by UEE. So its members are attacked on sight in UEE space.

Basically yes if they are participating in anti social, negative anti UEE behavior lol :)

"You have to be careful how you run your organization"- Chris Roberts.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Stevefin posted:

Funny thing with the Aurora is since it is 3 times smaller than a hornet, and despite having one shield gen, I got hit less during vandul swarm cause of how small it is, heavy guns will have a hard time hitting it, even if it is the slowest. I found it played more like a Zero from war thunder, not the best armoured or armed, and deffently not the fasted, but getting behind some one normally means you stay there till they are dead

I concur. I seem to be able to shoot my way accurately through the waves with the aurora, stayed on the elite guys to, in fact it seemed a lot easier to hit shoot them down between 100 to 400m. I thought the Hornet should be faster.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Kalenn Istarion posted:

As long as they make and API and/or static data export publicly visible there's no reason you couldn't. Otherwise having people need to extrapolate from in-game stats or ripping the underlying data files is going to significantly increase the barrier. The dynamic energy system adds some kinks to it though; any fitting system is limited by he underlying assumptions. EFT and Pyfa for example give different damage numbers, both of which are often different from what the in-game tool provides.

Looks like someone will definitely have to make something though.
Question 3 on 10 for the chairman (episode 24), at 3:31, someone has asked if they will have something to view stats of different fittings before purchasing them. The reply seems pretty vague. Kind of like their Ship Specs page at the moment :)

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The question was basically "will I have a tool in game to tell me my percentage chance of blacking out if I combine Thruster X with gimp suit Y?" and Chris's response was "you'll have to ask the community." They're going to provide stats (similar to what's already in the game), but the level of extrapolation the question was asking for was a bit extreme.

Oh, I took that as in generally speaking. Not specific to the question. Just re watched it. See what you mean. Ty.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

DancingShade posted:

Well its good thing us goons only sing campfire songs while holding hands, we always get along drama free,

:v:

Kum bay ya, my goon, kum bay ya.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

i am harry posted:

This story sounds all to familiar. Come, young ones, sit by the fire and let me tell you about the brilliant Peter Molyneux...

although he did blame microsoft :). No one to blame here though.

On a side note does anyone else get a random bug when you enter AC in a hornet and it just keeps spinning full yaw to the left. I did not see this mentioned in the list of known issues or patch fixes?

Sometimes it happens and other times it is fine. I play with a keyboard and joystick (logic3 - pro flight 2).

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Schrödinger's Wallet.

I think the prices are completely anus extractus at this point, especially when combined with the context of the $1:1000 UEC exchange ratio. Expecting people to pay $8 for what is essentially trash in the game is pretty silly, but people pay it now because they have no context. The most obvious point I can think of is the loving GreyCat. $15 will buy you a pair of battleships in EVE Online. Here it will buy you a glorified golf cart.

Well said. But even if it became a pay2win would it even matter in a PU. In eve people pay billions for ships and fittings and lose them in the silliest of ways. I mean would pay2win not benefit pirates more, via easy loot from new players. Even in WOT if someone shoots a gold ammo round at me I play differently to counter them and still come out on top due to experience. End of the day as long as someone is keeping an eye on the economy and actively working to balance the books then I am happy. Worst case scenario would be all these paid for items now depreciate to where they almost worthless because newer better items replace them. I am sure in time that might happen but by then people will hopefully not care as those who started from the beginning should have earned enough UEC as inflation goes up.

brakanjan fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 13, 2014

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like how nobody gives a poo poo about me possibly selling the Caterpillar.

I was going to chime in, but I'm just a newbie - what do I know :) could just be something that turns into a butterfly for all I know.
I just like anything Drake :pirate:

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
Anyone think it would be fun to introduce another gamemode called, Capture the Idris?

2 teams, 1 attacking and one defending .Only use auroras or something small for more players. First phase, attack disable it and 2nd you breach and fight onboard.

3rd phase repair and hold it against opposing team.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
Never mind the space truck. Didn't CR confirm some sort of space transport in between planets if you did not have a ship. Just wondered if someone wanted to make extra UEC to pay off a debt or a reformed captured pirate trying to work off criminal status could work and pilot one of these. All aboard the space train! Alternatively they could attract train sim fans as backers :)

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Jegan Ace posted:

I've played EvE enough to know that there are a shitload of idiots out there in space, and a lot of them will be playing SC. That knowledge itself warms my loins, countermeasures be damned.

Only problem then is ...do they outnumber you and can CIG drown out the grumble of a thousand carebears. Hopefully for their sake the pvp slider does not stop them from flying in interesting times.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Goredema posted:

In my dream world, the public transportation between systems is not only something you can work on as a pilot, but is a 4K resolution, Oculus Rift enabled recreation of Desert Bus.

:pervert: I sense a potential Stretch Goal! :pervert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9c2oHbM-3A

Ha! Classic. Reminds of the place everyone goes to when they die in the Terry Prachett books.

I think if that is the road to redemption then we're definitely going to have more pirates.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Funso Banjo posted:

So I got:

Arena Commander Multiplayer Pre-Alpha Test Invite

In my email last night. Never paid a penny toward Star Citizen, but did sign up to their website when the site first went live, before the kick starter actually happened.

So I guess they're letting everyone in, now, not just those that paid towards the game?

Good for you. For the rest of us it feels like..

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
Beer4TheBeerGod was that your LTI beer that the customer service team thanked goonrathi for?

Around the Verse Episode 2 @ 7:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieHBBOoZy-w

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes.

3 did the logo, which is badass:

Nice. You got any way of sending a case to London?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

Sorry jaegerx. Sincerely, these recent events bring up an important question for all concerned star citizens: will there be gay marriage?

I think it is disturbing I find sailor hitler sexy. I am going to go lie down for a bit.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Wulfling posted:

Thats one Gibbis troll thats a few months behind on his material.

Honestly I have to say I'm rather surprised that the money counter has not taken off like a rocket again for the Xi'an, like it did for the Freelancer variants. Maybe its just delayed and will rocket off again over the weekend.

It is also because the initial paper spec advertisement for the Xi'an was a lot more impressive than 4 thrusters. I wish I could sell mine to play elite :(

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

DatonKallandor posted:

The thing is EVE is incredibly pay to win. Except EVE players want a P2W game and accept that. You can't compare EVE to any other game except to highlight how EVE is not like them.

Here is your EVE P2W right here ....

http://themittani.com/features/alod-go-back-wow

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
Has anyone found a solution to the sporadic occurrences of your ship continuously spinning inside the AC when you first spawn in the Vandul Swarm when playing on a joystick & keyboard?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Filthy Monkey posted:

I didn't even know Crytek was still making games, as their recent stuff hasn't been on steam. Crysis was fun, but not enough fun for me to want to install origin.

So many games I would like to try except for that or Uplay.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Broccoli Cat posted:

best looking bottle in the history of beer

Most definitely. @Beer4TheBeerGod how much for a 6pack plus shipping to UK?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Pony Khil posted:

You Sir have an eloquent way with words. Whilst performing said deed the yet to be written boarding party SOPS, will state you must say something cool like "heads up" or "nice hat, pity you no longer need it, any chance I could have it? I'll pay fair market price as you'll require currency for a new prosthetic head my good man".

perhaps you should just get another prosthetic head in the first place, especially if you plan to venture into uncharted space.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

ImplicitAssembler posted:

So, you're saying that they'll go bankrupt before the game is done?. That's a new angle :)

Not really comparisons have been made to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdoms_of_Amalur:_Reckoning

As in they release with something with less functions than intended.

brakanjan fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 3, 2014

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Thought it was 50 people in an instance max.

Also, I agree. AC was a milestone, but really waiting for the PU. I may or may not even touch SQ42.

Here is a question for the more autistic around here. If a limit is set to 50 people in an instance why do they do this. If it is for performance and lag (I am a layman), then would the size of the ships (amount of weapons, extra crew, more lights) matter if set to only 50 per instance - would it affect it at all. In case this is all wrong and I sound like someone in a "how to paint caves" beginner class. Please feel free to make fun of me :)(Not that I am sure that needed saying - but I might have been a druid in a past life so I need to say these things)

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

imperialparadox posted:

Star Warrior Online. :pgi:

Yeah, I always hate how some Citizens seem to reflexively spout that line about Elite as some kind of automatic defense mechanism.

Star Citizen Automated Response to Elite Dangerous.....you have 20 seconds to comply.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Rastor posted:

I have never seen that declared.

What I have seen is trolls come into the thread to say Elite took $4 million and made a complete game in one year and Chris Roberts took $40 million and couldn't even make a working tech demo.

Obvious troll is obvious but yet it works so the trolls keep using it. :shrug:

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You consented when you paid for it.

That's what she said.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

HiHo ChiRho posted:

It's okay I bought the towels to wipe the sweat off after some good ol rape moduling:

That is a pretty voyeuristic looking towel you have there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Widestancer posted:

That guy worries me sometimes

Hmmm, then again the devil may care cavalier pose and sarcastic grin of your avatar sometimes makes me think your just mocking me. :tinfoil:

• Locked thread