Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, why not. I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

mr.capps posted:

Confirmed to probably have a better character than everybody.

Why are you scum, capps?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jamuraan posted:

I'm at work but I am confirming my role. I'm hoping everyone will be civil this game. Looking at you Capps.

What is this "civil" you speak of? I don't understand.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka

Put the blame in the right place. ##vote Datavail

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Ok number 1 Loki is best character in anything, followed closely by Beta Ray Bill.

2-

See also: the entirety of God of Thunder.

Clearly I need to read more comics.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

wins32767 posted:

No, I'm not scum.

Exactly what scum would say! :tinfoil:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Oh right I have a thing to do that isn't SGDQ.

Also Jedit someone not being a Norse god isn't reason enough to vote for them. I'm Skurge, for example. Granted eventually he redeemed himself (resulting in his death), he was still a bad guy for a long time.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

MildManeredManikin posted:

In all fairness, I was being a little harsh there, I'm sure many mafia players actually have lives. Still, a bunch of people weren't around for the deadline for whatever reason.

Also, if enough people were busy they could have told Opop or like, at least told the thread or made a vote.

I had people over and was drunk. I was expecting the game to be happening much earlier (THANKS LOWTAX) in the week, so... :shrug:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

Interesting. Ixt wasn't really in any danger, because he was at -3 instead of -2, but he actually was scum.

I'm liking Hal for Town because of this post. Normally I don't like turbos, but if he were scum and knew Ixt was scum I don't think he would have started a second push after his team managed to dodge the first one.

We had two NKs. That means two scum teams, a vig or an SK - probably. I shan't ask anyone to claim, but if anyone's a bad guy it's apostate. Claiming to be Skurge the loving Executioner, AKA "The Evil One"? If I hadn't gone to bed after voting I'd have switched my vote for that.

##vote apostateCourier

Yes, this is a flavour vote. But flavour does seem to have a strong correlation to role in this game: the Enchantress beguiles people into loving her, hence Loved, and Fandral is one of the Warriors Three - his mason buddies are presumably Hogun and Volstagg. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest the guy who just claimed to be a psychopathic killer and the former lover of our dead scum is perhaps not on the side of light.

This is really weak, even from a flavor perspective. If you'll remember, Skurge redeemed himself and earned his place in Valhalla.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Hurt posted:

Nah, he went to Hel.

Not the whole story.

Wikipedia posted:

Eventually, he joined the heroes of Asgard in a mission to Hel, where he sacrificed his axe to destroy Naglfar, the ship of the dead, and delay Ragnarok, and sacrificed his life to hold the bridge at Gjallerbru so the heroes could escape the forces of Hel. After a time trapped in Hel, he joined the honored dead in Valhalla.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry about the lack of posting. Got caught up in post-SGDQ drama bombs.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Late late contentless vote when a no-lynch was practically guaranteed? Do not like.

Do not like this either. If the person who killed Ix wanted to claim they would. They don't need you to prod them. Also why would you want someone to claim? So scum can go after them? Scum LIKE YOU?

You've also been super quiet for you this game. D1 is usually right in your wheelhouse.

##vote wins32767

This post has merit, though I don't like the first part about it. I'm not drawing any conclusions based on day one. I definitely agree with the latter bit, it felt like rolefishing.

Grandicap posted:

There is no story. We've had little contact, but in a 3 man unconfirmed masonry there is probably a non town entity.
If he isn't scum, I fully expect to be voted off next, while that would be a bad thing, because I am town, I don't disagree with the logic of it.

Every time I say something like "because I am town" I get lynched, so clearly that must be a scummy phrase.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Juanito posted:

It was mostly the fact that, it wasn't bad that you showed up and made a case. But that you make a case and immediately throw a vote on someone. It doesn't feel as sincere of an effort.

I'm not sure I follow. Voting along with an argument can help give said argument a sense of urgency. I've never heard of someone being called out for voting for someone they made a case on before.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Juanito posted:

Okay, so the single person with a sense of urgency in a game where over half of the game hasn't posted, you think it is town, I don't really think so.

Urgency might not have been the right word. Aside, the forums dying didn't do this game any favors.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hmm.

If there's a lot of killing, you maybe might expect that some people might be able to come back to life? Gods + comic book universe.

Normally I'd say this is crazy but it IS an opop game so I don't know what to think.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I do not want to vote MMM. I'm also not sure about voting for grandi, just because his case is so stupid it's hard to attribute to malice. I mean, if MMM is town, what's the scum defense after? "Huh, well I guess it was a three town masonry, whoops! Guess I'm all alone now :downs:"

Y'know actually I'm starting to talk myself into it.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

In the interests of avoiding a nolynch, ##vote wins

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Grandicap posted:

A 15 player game seems unlikely to have multiple killing roles and multiple 3rd parties. I think the most likely scenario is that wins was the SK.
There was no second kill last night.
The only oddity was wins "looking" for the second killer. This could be him just trying to throw people off of his trail. If there had been a second kill last night (if wins hadn't been killed), he would have had been a less than likely candidate.
I'm not sure if that is useful in finding scum, but I wouldn't be wasting any time in looking for another 3p unless something occurs that puts it back on the table.

I think Grandi's right. Putting too much thought into wins at this point isn't helpful.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Occam says that Wins was the second killer. I'm inclined to think that way myself.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Slightly Toasted posted:

I don't know that a town vig would necessarily 100% have claimed. I probably would not have because either I would have been one shot and been vanilla and I would be more useful drawing a kill at that point or I would have more than one shot and I would not want attention and people would have undoubtedly gone crazy trying to finger an sk or some poo poo

(it was not me for clarity)

I cannot for the life of me parse this. You wouldn't claim because you would want to draw a kill? Huh?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Slightly Toasted posted:

Yes? That is the point of being vanilla

That and to play rubiks cube

Wouldn't a one-shot nightvig be able to draw a kill by threatening someone during the day after they had already thrown their kill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Slightly Toasted posted:

I do not follow

As scum I would probably be less inclined to kill a townie with a multi vig and more likely to cuddle up to him and let him be little spoon

Yeah I guess I didn't think this through. That makes more sense.

• Locked thread