Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
^ :argh:

Breadallelogram posted:

Wait, Windows 10? What the gently caress happened to 9?

Something something third party programs like Java and Adobe search for if the OS name starts with "Windows 9" and then automatically assumes it means Windows 98 or 95.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Finished Runaway. I did it because I hate myself.

Cut the poor guy some slack, he looks like he sells propane accessories for a living.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lord Lambeth posted:

I'm pretty sure the Rochelle of BL2 is actually Zer0. But's that's okay because you have 5 other characters to choose from.

What, in that he's incredibly boring and almost devoid of character? I never found anything particularly off-putting about playing as Rochelle aside from that her quotes weren't nearly as fun as anyone else's.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sloppy posted:

How is Forced? It looks like some really fun local co-op but the 72 Metacritic rating and the fact that almost nobody on my friends list has played it makes me dubious.

Last time I checked, the netcode was pretty lovely. For a game that's all about positioning, timing, and precision, many players found it to be a fairly inexcusable flaw in an otherwise very enjoyable game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I thought there was only one Claptrap left in Borderlands 2, but that was a fairly recent development in the timeline. There are probably tons of Claptraps in 1.5, just like there were in BL1.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Did Don't Starve ever implement that multiplayer mode they were working on?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Thanks Assassins Creed Brotherhood, yes I would like to sit through 15 minutes of unskippable credits before getting to play/save post-game Ezio, thanks ubisoft. thanks

Assassins Creed 3 had something like thirty or forty minutes of credits :shepicide:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Justin_Brett posted:

You forgot the fantasy RPG slapfight.

Hey, FF7 had a fantasy RPG slapfight and it was arguably one of the funnest scenes in the history of Final Fantasy :colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Deakul posted:

Why does this suddenly make me want to buy Payday 2 even though I have no friends to play with?

When you're with goons, you always have tons of friends to play Payday 2 with.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Freak Futanari posted:

You really are hellbent on making yourself look bad on the internet, aren't you...

I can do him one better: I watched some and now I wouldn't touch anything David Lynch has worked on with a fifty-foot pole.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Palpek posted:

L4D2[...] You really need good friends to even start enjoying the game.
You really, really do. I played through it with my best friends in the whole world and there were one or two stages in that game that had us at each others' throats. We're no slouches, either. I can't imagine what it would be like to play through with people less tight than that.

Personally, my main problem with the campaign is that there's such a huge gap between the difficulties. On Easy, pretty much everything does 1 damage to you. As soon as you step it up to Normal for a bit more of a challenge, though, scrub hordes get ramped up to something like 5 damage per hit. Even just that tiny jump takes the game from "insultingly easy" to "ugh, okay guys, for the twentieth loving time." (The peak difficulty sees you dying in five hits which, on a bad day, can happen in under as many seconds) When you're winning, it's fantastically fun. When you're on a losing streak, though, either from the RNG or because you aren't familiar enough with the map yet? That's some bad times.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Max Wilco posted:

Mercenary Kings is on sale for $9.99. I've heard conflicting opinions about it. Is it worth picking up? I understand that it's not like the Metal Slug games.
As you can see,

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Ive found it loving boring. Like aggresively boring. A shame because it looks rad and isnt a bad idea for a video game.
opinions on it are divided, but the most common thing I hear is that it's just samey and grindy and :geno:. I liked it. I also only ever played it co-op with my friends. Your buddies being there can change your opinion of a game entirely, even if the gameplay is still the same, or even lovely.

It's basically Monster Hunter in a Contra interface. There's a lot of running the same stages a bunch of times so you can grind for materials, so due to the random nature of the game, you might be there for a very long time. Great animations, fun to run around in, but in terms of why you run the stages, gets stale quickly.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ryuga Death posted:

Uplay don't just auto patch their own games like Steam and Origin does?

They do! Unlike Steam, however, which seems to cap somewhere like 20MB/s, Uplay caps at about 20KB/s. It seriously took me an hour to download a tiny patch for Far Cry 3 a couple months back.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The only reason an AAA studio hasn't locked away the ending to a game or an entire act of the main campaign behind the transaction paywall yet is because they're all looking at each other waiting for the first studio to be the sacrificial lamb

After the DLC characters were introduced and the game was rebalanced around them, this is basically Dungeon Defenders.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rookersh posted:

Full Mojo Rampage is a super fun co-op Roguelike that takes almost all it's ideas from Binding of Isaac. Everyone should get it, and since it's so cheap we should get some goon groups rolling for it.

Is it finished? I remember playing it in Early Access last year, but while it was functioning, it was also extremely barebones.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

New Concept Hole posted:

Obviously Macrotransactions are the future of video games. It's just that simple.

Those are quite firmly in the past, we used to call them "expansion packs" before we started needing to stick pretentious Greek prefixes on poo poo to make it sound futuristic.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Enslaved: yea or nay? I've always had a cursory interest in it, but I've also heard extremely mixed things--primarily that it blows its load too early and has a crappy back half. Is there any merit to that, is it just people being overly critical about something, or does it get kinda stale even though it's still nice to look at?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Reminds me of Fallout: New Vegas. You can just say "gently caress you" to everyone and take over yourself. How do you not do that on your first playthrough? It's too tempting.

Because you killed the guy who murders the outpost early in the game (thereby irreversibly tanking your standing in the faction) and really, really want those Lucky Sunglasses in the Legion Safehouse. And also weren't playing the PC version where you can just spawn the key :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Unreal_One posted:

I know the first one isn't right, 'cause your reputation with that faction is raised to at least neutral the first time you go to the strip. Some guy will run up to you and give you a thing and say something like Caesar wants to meet you. I think the same happens with NCR, but I've never pissed them off before getting to the strip.
That's actually part of the problem I ran into: your standing is raised to neutral, but iirc you miss out on a quest that Vulpes gives you (or maybe some free rep thing you can feed into--bringing him slaves, I think?) that'll put you into high enough standing with the Legion to get the key without dedicating yourself to their cause. Maybe there are a couple other factors like you don't need him, you just need to be above 0 rep when you first work with them, but either way I was stuck on a path I didn't wanna be on if I was gonna get those shades.

A couple years later I built a computer, brought Gannon and Boone with me on a rampage through the Legion encampment, and spawned a key to get my prize :cool:

I should pick it up again, it's been a couple years more. Never finished it, but then, I find that I rarely do with those open-world titles. I just get sidetracked and then I feel like I've forgotten everything else that's going on. There wouldn't happen to be any standalone mods that remove the color filters from NV, would there?

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 15, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kibayasu posted:

Every dungeon in Fallout New Vegas had a self-contained story and a unique piece of loot and there were more locations than Fallout 3.

I think where the latter half of this design falls apart is that a lot of that loot is really hard to see (or bugs out and falls through the geometry). I like it when NPCs give me skill books or permanent stat boosts for helping them out! Not so much when I need to dig through a ton of junk items and maybe the issue of Milsurp Review at the bottom didn't get thrown through the roof from being on the bottom of a pile of items in the Gamebryo engine.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Deakul posted:

But, I want to be a dragon. :saddowns:

There's always the option of helping me greenlight this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187281725 :v:

Though to be fair, it's more "stoner simulator" than "dragon simulator"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Deadly Hume posted:

Come to think of it, can you still pat cows in the new AssCreed game?

You can pet cows in the vastly superior Assassins Creed: France game that came out in 2009 called The Saboteur. You pet them with your fists, and they explode into glitched-physics chunks of meat that fly in every direction at a thousand miles an hour.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Drifter posted:

• You want to talk about music? Bwahahaha. You already lost that conversation.

As if the radio stations weren't good enough already (my personal favorite tracks include Purple Drank, Until The Nipple's Gone, and that reggae song about the guy who's being arrested by the police and he's like "wait hold up policeman I wanna get one last bonghit in"), the fact that the villain hijacks them sometimes to do dramatic readings from Hamlet is just magical.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kulkasha posted:

What's urbodys opinion on Edge of Space? Is it more polished than starbound?

Let's put it this way: I bought it on Desura, never got a Steam key, and the dev puts more effort into the goddamn "HI ARK-CO-NAUTS!!!!" "news" emails that contain more lore than they do "so this is happening with the game" than s/he does into developing the actual game.

The game itself is essentially unplayable. At the moment, it's still in the Jumping Simulator phase despite having been in development for, what, three, four years now and on the market for two? Apparently there's tons of internet meme poo poo like Saoshyant says, but I'd be surprised if you even bothered to put enough time into the unwieldy thing get far enough to see any of it.

Also, it's choppy on my computer that runs Assassins Creed 4 at 50+ FPS on nearly max settings, so there's that, too.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I never finished it, but I thought that what I played of SR3 was hilarious and fun. I was also suprised by how good it was for something that came packed with the humble bundle and cost next to nothing. So I guess SR4 is a no-brainer. Torchlight II actually sounds a bit meh. I think I may go for South Park at $13 instead.

You gotta remember that SR3's low bundle price was kind of a sinking ship thing for THQ. It didn't save 'em, but they were at least able to offer really good games for really low prices to the consumers' benefit.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Drifter posted:

If you're driving ANYWHERE in SR4 past the first twenty minutes you're playing wrong.

And that's a drat shame, because I loved the new cosmetic options for modding your cars. Well, maybe Saints Row 5 will have a lot of driving, plus the flame decals and potleaf spinners that I want so badly.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Yar The Pirate posted:

Does anyone have some feedback on Dungeon Defenders II? I really liked the first one (until the grind became ridiculous), but I still got my money's worth out of it.

Isn't Dungeon Defenders 2 a fuckin' moba?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Doublefine Bundle ($6.99) - YES: it contains all four games listed above. i've never played iron brigade but some people love it??

I really liked what I played of Iron Brigade with my buddies, but unfortunately we never finished because its netcode was unbearably lovely.

e: to elaborate, it was a known issue that they never got around to fixing that would make the game briefly lock up for every connected player whenever someone picked up a bolt.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 10, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Junkfist posted:

Nazis would've probably made really good videogames if you think about it so I'm ok with all this.

i concur, they already made some pretty good pre-video games

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gmq posted:

Apparently I got a Holiday Sale 2014 Foil card. 200 gems or $0.64. Are gems even worth it at this point?

200 gems = 0.20usd, right? Think about it that way.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Anonymous Robot posted:

I'd also like to know what the deal is here.

How to Survive is $1.50 good. It's not particularly interesting, but I guess it's reasonably fun. It doesn't hold your hand and it drops some gently caress-yous into the new player's lap, but it runs out of tricks really quickly. Once you know the best recipes (fruit + bottled water for healing, bows or hydraulic guns, and something to stave off exhaustion), the challenge gets sucked right out.

Bring a friend: I did, and I imagine it would be kind of unbearably boring with just one player.

Also, the victory screen is funny the first time you see it, but then you realize that it's the same thing for every mission because animating road sign stick-figures is hard(?). You're getting your money's worth at this price, but I'm not kidding when I say it's worth every cent and not one more.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Dec 21, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Orv posted:

The worst misuse of money since the Louisiana Purchase.

But the Louisiana Purchase included neither Florida nor Austin :confused:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Some other guy has been posting about it the past few days, but allow me to give a glowing recommendation for Dungeon of the Endless. It's "FTL crew combat meets mystery dungeon roguelike meets tower defense meets online co-op for up to four players." It's great fun managing your party and resources and you really start getting into building and exploration strategies,

My only complaint is with its underdeveloped multiplayer. Don't get me wrong: it's fun and all the issues I take with it are things the devs have said they want to address, but not being able to save in an honestly quite marathonny game or private lobbies and drop-in gameplay are all glaring feature to leave out.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Ha ha, as if there was only one fatal flaw with Mercenary Kings. Yeah, you just fuckin' craft everything, because that game is just a grindy ride over systemic speed bumps.

Did you bring a buddy? Mercenary Kings is tedious because you're running the same, what, six to eights stages over and over. With some friends, though, everyone kinda brings their own playstyle and most people won't consider the same gun to be the most effective one. It's not really an intended consequence, but you get lots of enjoyable moments like, drat motherfucker, what kinda gun is THAT?

But then I guess "basically hanging out with your bros except online" isn't really a good defense if it isn't your game's core conceit. Me, I liked it, but I can also understand why it's also very easy to dislike.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zombie Samurai posted:

Pretty good isometric action game.

My opinion is pretty much the opposite of this, it's fun the first time you fire it up, but the gameplay feels a little sluggish with extremely clunky menus. The first time you start a game, it's exciting and you don't know what components will make which recipes, but once you figure them out, the wonder is all gone. My buddy and I couldn't stand to do more than half the challenges before getting tired of it, and we're the sorts of players who tend to receive even the worst games quite well as long as there's some nice co-op.

It didn't help that the first challenge mission is the most interesting one, and the ones after it all seem to be in a weird "half the features are locked out and this probably should've been a tutorial" limbo.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mokinokaro posted:

Go wizard or go home.

Just make sure the host disables "must play as different characters," three wizards making GBS threads out a dozen blocks everywhere is the best.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

AnimalChin posted:

So how is SimCity 4 that just went on sale for $5?

This must be a sign because last night I dreamt I was playing Sim City 3000 and I really, really need my fuckin' fix.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Drifter posted:

Mechanically it's an okay game for the type of game it is, I think, but I'm not a fan of these types of games in general.
Mechanically it's nigh-inexcusable with unpredictable jump momentum physics and "lovely DM" jokes that kill you and set you back ten minutes to your last respawn point. Unepic is terrible even with friends because it doesn't have enough respawn coffins to go around, so if one guy dies, he might have to walk twenty minutes to catch up to your party... that is, if the lovely jump mechanics don't kill him on the way.

Pass. Pass like you're mid field, five points behind in the super bowl, and it's the last play of the game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Drifter posted:

An angel with the body of a giant Odie with Jon Arbuckle heads as its eyes - with mouths in eternal rictus and forever screaming obscenities at the world -, a lasagna tail, and a hundred Garfield's human centipeded together as its tongue.

Oh, so you're the Foreverial Tiedup guy. It all makes sense now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah it's easy you just need to open the command prompt and type in the following "computer can you kick up the 4d3d3d."

Oh my god I'm such a fuckin' nerd, I read this and I was like "there's no such thing as a three-sided die" :v:

• Locked thread