Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Some time ago I saw a post where someone called a car their "Lottery Car" which got me thinking of what would be my lottery car? It was not an easy answer to find. To make this interesting here are some ground rules:

• You are limited to a total of THREE automobiles
  • Initial cost and cost of maintenance are irrelevant
  • Scarcity and condition of vehicle are irrelevant. Assume you will find an example you would want
  • Cars must be actual production cars at one point. Concept cars do not count
  • Custom build/swapped cars are allowed
  • Cars must be available/legal in your region (No Skyrines in US, etc)
  • All cars will be kept for a minimum of 5 years
  • "Honorable Mentions" are accepted, but with minimal dialogue for reasons against it.

Guidelines:

• A photo of each of your three choices and why.
  • Keeping "Honorable Mentions" to two or less
My list:

Mercedes AMG G63 G-Class Wagon

I have a wife and she takes kids places. In my imaginary world we would probably have a boat and need to haul some poo poo. It snows in Utah so this would ping on all of the categories of practical to haul people/things, plenty of power. It likely burns money at the rate of heating a house in North Dakota by lighting single dollar bills on fire all while screaming FYGM at every angle.

F10 BMW M5

Not that I see myself as a big person, but the 3 series is only for poors who can't afford a REAL car. Plus I would see myself going out with friends and having the extra room in the back seat being an advantage. Class and performance in one neat package. This would likely be the thing that I would drive daily.

Porsche 911 Carrera RS

So many good things happening here. Tiny, coupe, track day car, classic car, exotic car, weekend car. I have seen exactly one in real life and thinking about that car will illicit an emotional response from me.

I was surprised that when pinned down all three cars came up German. Ultra exotics and hypercars just make me think I would be nearly miserable running them anywhere but a proper racetrack. My honorable mentions would be the Aston Martin Rapide in place of the M5. I chose the M5 because I think for every day driving I would enjoy it more. I would also consider a crew cab SVT Raptor in place of the G63 as something loud and angry that can haul people and kids and drive over stuff.

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Mini Moke with Honda swap

I grew up with a Dad that was very active in British car clubs, we owned a Morris Mini, but my Dad always had a soft spot for Mokes. He said the fastest Moke he ever saw was one with ITB and would wreck the other Minis on the little autocross course they had set up. This is my lottery car because I will be killed driving it and I want to make sure my family is taken care of when I sling it off the side of a cliff doing stupid poo poo.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

As I am currently driving a kei car without the means to upgrade for a little while this "game" roughly occupies half of my car related thought process at any moment. :smith:

I'm within the JDM so of course my first choice is..

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R34)

I really love the R32 and the R34 but if I had to choose one I'd have to go with the R34. I just love that big bulky square front, it's powerful looking yet at the same time somewhat understated. V-Spec II because I like the clear turn signals and the NACA duct serves as a nice accent on the huge bonnet.

Mazda RX-7 (FD)

The styling of the RX-7 however is in no way understated, though by today's standards it's not really overstated anymore either. The pop up headlights give it a really clean look and combined with the almost stolen from Jaguar curves I think it looks pretty drat good. While I'd be very much tempted to switch out the rotary for reliability reasons I'd still want to keep it in there for engineering nerdery's sake.

Nissan Fairlady Z (S30)

This is my almost obligatory "classic" pick. I've been in love with this car since I saw one dead and slowly crumbling away in an empty lot in northern Japan. I went back to see it a couple of times until one day it was gone, cleared away to make way for new constructions. I always wanted to save the poor thing, but in reality everything that could rust was already half gone and everything else had probably heat cycled out. Out of my 3 picks this is probably the only one I'd modify, as an engine swap sounds rather good in terms of power and economy.

Honorable mentions: Evo or STI, as I wish to frighten squirrels.

(I wasn't surprised that all my cars came up Japanese as I am aware of my own tackiness :v:)

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
That's cute how you think rich people have some sort of a region lock when it comes to cars.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm assuming that I'm allowed to keep all the cars I currently own, yes? This is just new aquisitions?

First up, I'd have a McLaren F1.

While it has the accolade of once being the world's fastest production car, for me, it's more about the singleminded concept of setting out to build the best car. It is also one of the very few cars on my "want to own" list that would need a lottery win to facilitate ownership. Also Gordon "well I don't listen to the radio, so no-one buying my million dollar car gets one fitted either" Murray is a hoopy frood in the engineering :spergin: sense.

Next, I'll have a Scammell Explorer.

You have a Unimog or a five-ton? Aw, that's cute. Let me know how you get on when your tank gets stuck.

There are, of course, SUVs called Explorers, which transport school-run mothers around town and occasionally explodiate their rear tyres and kill people. A Scammell Explorer is not this. It's a recovery vehicle that combines six wheel drive and proper lorry construction with ridiculous axle articulation to allow it to just stroll over extremely lumpy terrain and fix whatever it is your squaddies have broken. The lottery win isn't necessary to buy one (they're less than the cost of a used Fiesta), but enables me to have a big enough estate or disused quarry to go and play with it easily.

Keeping it with the 6x6 :btroll: action, I'll also have an Alvis Stalwart.

My disused quarry probably has a lake in it :colbert:.

Cakefool and I probably bang on about these enough for people to recognise them by now, but yeah: Let's build a high-mobility load carrier. And high-mobility means water, too :toot:

Honourable mentions:

A nice, original 1948 Land Rover 80".

I already have a Landie, and while a Series 1 would be nice, it wouldn't necessarily add anything new to the fleet. Lottery win candidate due to :rodimus: pricing on first-year ones, though.

Initial D replica AE86 Toyota Sprinter Trueno.

Not a lottery win car, and I intend to own one at some point, but I don't own one now, so it gets on the HM list. If I need to explain, then there's no hope for you.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 22, 2014

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

turdriver posted:

That's cute how you think rich people have some sort of a region lock when it comes to cars.

Oh I just assumed they were too busy paying ten bucks to poo poo up threads.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I would like these, please:

1: Sportsmobile 4x4 - For weekend adventures and road trips.

2: Audi RS6 Avant - Seems like the most fun way to haul a few people and their stuff around.

3: Corvette ZR1 (or whichever corvette is the most bad-rear end when I win my zillions) You don't have to worry about a 'vette, let it get scratched up who gives a fudge.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress all if I can get a picture but I want a full lowrider Maserati Biturbo with juice spokes 18 colors of candy and a hood mural of Richard Nixon riding a tractor.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

2007 Hamann Ferrari 599 GTB

6x6 Camper

Tommy Kaira ZZII

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Hands down, the first thing I would do is head down to the Mercedes dealer and trade in my current Mercedes wagon on the below E63 AMG Touring. In white, of course.

It would be for all of my long car trips, getting groceries, etc. There would be nothing better.

Of course, should I need to toodle about town, a Renault Dauphine (with a Gordini kit) would be more than adequate for cruising quiet cottonwood lined lanes.

Also, I would be that guy who buys a Ferrari as well. Because I've wanted to since I was knew what a car was. And I really like the 458.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
For a driver:

1958 Dodge Coronet Lancer Wagon (Pic is a 4-door because they are so loving rare I cant even find a '58 wagon pic online.

The front just makes it look like it wants to bite your leg off.

With a Hellcat Hemi swap and Air Ride + Modern brakes.

Winter Beater: Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

With studded snow tires. I would only drive it where there is snow on the ground or to rallies. Yep, I know it will disolve in 2 weeks, but I have gently caress you lottery money, I can pay a guy to replace all the rust every spring, hell, I could commission a company to make a replacement carbon fiber body shell.

Trackday Car:

Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR-X.

Because more letters the better. This car wants you kill you and makes no secrets about it.

Mighty Horse fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 22, 2014

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Heh, fun idea.

I don't live in a million dollar home, and I don't particularly like being ostentatious. I like understated. Attract attention, sure, but because it's a cool car, not because it's loud or expensive. So for cars that fit that profile, and that I think I could somewhat realistically park in my neighborhood without alienating the neighbors?

(Source)

Any of the Mercedes W113 models. This is for cruising around the neighborhood or going to work or going (by myself) to get groceries. These cars just exude class, and I'd love to own one someday. (I'm depressed at how expensive these 40-50 year old cars actually are.)

(Source)

Next is whichever Cayman S is the latest available with a real transmission. This is for taking to the track to blow the remainder of my ball of money.

Aaaand since this is a fantasy scenario and I'll never own one anyway

(Source)

The best-looking car ever made.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

ColdPie posted:

Heh, fun idea.

I don't live in a million dollar home, and I don't particularly like being ostentatious. I like understated. Attract attention, sure, but because it's a cool car, not because it's loud or expensive. So for cars that fit that profile, and that I think I could somewhat realistically park in my neighborhood without alienating the neighbors?

You see, I thought of that. In fact, I've thought of that for a long time. And since it's the "winning the lotto" game, I have the solution. Two blocks from my house, over on Main Street, is the place dreams are made of. It's been sitting unused for a number of years, and I would simply buy it and turn it into my personal garage / "Mr. Wiggles Motorsports".

*wakes up, walks over to the garage, Ferrari pulls out onto Main Street, echoes of exhaust noise fade into the distance*

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Hands down, the first thing I would do is head down to the Mercedes dealer and trade in my current Mercedes wagon on the below E63 AMG Touring. In white, of course.

I'm changing my Audi RS6 Avant to this^^^ I would've sworn I've seen an m5 touring, but nope. At least there are a couple of options for too-fast station wagons :)

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Some time ago I saw a post where someone called a car their "Lottery Car" which got me thinking of what would be my lottery car? It was not an easy answer to find. To make this interesting here are some ground rules:

• You are limited to a total of THREE automobiles
  • Initial cost and cost of maintenance are irrelevant
  • Scarcity and condition of vehicle are irrelevant. Assume you will find an example you would want
  • Cars must be actual production cars at one point. Concept cars do not count
  • Custom build/swapped cars are allowed
  • Cars must be available/legal in your region (No Skyrines in US, etc)
  • All cars will be kept for a minimum of 5 years
  • "Honorable Mentions" are accepted, but with minimal dialogue for reasons against it.

Guidelines:

• A photo of each of your three choices and why.
  • Keeping "Honorable Mentions" to two or less
My list:

:words:

:wtf: is this poo poo???

And BTW MR. Wiggles and Astonishing Wang, the RED c36 AMG Touring Wagon is faster.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
See not that its an ugly car, but given the lottery situation Id hardly call the E type the most beautiful *ever*.

Its like nobody ever saw the Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Crotch Fruit posted:

:wtf: is this poo poo???

More or less an attempt to quell the ADD that most of us seem to be inflicted with. It's like the old question of 'what's your dream car' meets a scenario where when pinned down what would you actually choose for an extended period of time.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

What lives in my garage would depend on how big the lottery win would be. Right off the bat, I'd have several BMWs, with the goal being to own one of each generation of M-car, with the 3.0CSL, M1 and the M3s being the highest priority. Also, probably a 2002 Turbo, a 1M and an S54 clownshoe as well.

I would own a short-wheelbase 911S as well, along with a very early 930 Turbo. If the win was huge I'd go for an original 550 Spyder too. A 959 would probably also find its way into my garage as well. Also since I love how much they piss off Porsche fans, a 928 of some flavour as well. I would probably stay away from Italian cars as a whole; apart from a Ferrari 288 GTO, the only other Italian car I'd have would be an Iso Griffo.

All of that would be a distraction from what I would really be collecting - airplanes. I would probably own a Pilatus PC-12 as my daily driver because they kick so much rear end, along with some vintage jet stuff to have fun with. I hear MiG-21s are cheap (to buy) these days...

So if I had to choose three or four...

BMW 3.0 CSL

Seriously, just look at it. Wild as hell and probably my favourite BMW of all time.

Porsche 959

As an eight year old boy in the early Nineties, you had one of three cars on your wall; the Ferrari F40, the Lamborghini Countach (still) or maybe the McLaren F1. I had none of those - this lived on my wall. I still think to this day that it's the ultimate expression of the (mostly) air-cooled Porsche 911...993TT be damned.

BMW 435i

Because you can't drive around in a supercar everyday, and because 8 months of the year I have to deal with a horrible thing called Canadian winter. The roads around here are awful, which makes DD'ing an M3 an unpleasant proposition - hell, even driving around in my non-sport E46 is bone-jarring enough at times.

In the hangar attached to my garage - Pilatus PC-12

Light business jets suck donkey balls and are hilariously overpriced for the performance you get. For the same money as a Citation, you can buy a PC-12 and actually have usable performance. With it's fantastic takeoff and landing performance, along with a convertible interior and a huge cargo door, this aircraft can go anywhere and do anything. Think of this airplane as being the Chevy Suburban of the skies.

E: Now mit pictures.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 24, 2014

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

I imagine these three would keep everything but the automotive ADD at bay.

The G63 would handle the dirty work of grocery shopping and adventuring. The singer 911 would be shoehorned into commuter and hillclimb duties and the HK500 would handle A road touring/carboner dispensation

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

turdriver posted:

Seeing as even Bill Gates got his 959 impounded for years? Sure he got the show-use law passed, but unless you don't mind being limited to a stupid low number of miles it's not much help.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I can't really think too far beyond my actual plans, but there's no escaping it -

E92 BMW M3.

A god among cars. Its trump card is actually its suspension the engine is incredible, which allows stupid speeds over terrible roads. The all-rounder "get-there-fast-and-gently caress-the-lot-of-you" car.

Diesel Mercedes Gelandewagen.

Hitler never imagined a truck for the volk but I imagine this is what he would have if he lived long enough. Indestructible, efficient, and capable, likely the grocery getter as well.

Ferrari F40

This is what going full retard looks like. I've driven and been driven in one of these, and the experience is the opposite of subtlety. Hard edged, raucous, violent, and very, very loud, it's exactly what I need when the road itself wants it to hurt so good.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Morgan Aero Supersport - for fun - what's not to like about a BMW V8 4.8l in a retro body with a 6-speed and little to no driver assist. And side exit exhausts? I was down at the factory in Malvern earlier this year and they are glorious to look at and listen to.

VW California - for adventuring - top spec has a 180bhp bi turbo diesel with 4 wheel drive. Fits and sleeps the entire family, small and tough enough to drive easily just about anywhere in the world.

G Class - Wifemobile - My wife doesn't like vans or sports cars, she likes something that 'looks mean and if someone crashes into me they come off worse', and she has a fondness for Mercs (her first ever car was one). Performance and bling isn't relevant, she just wants to be able to stomp over anything in her way.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Family cruiser/dog hauler Cadillac Escalade. It seems the current model is quite good.

I would have a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. I enjoy cruising, but I enjoy a *spirited* drive from time to time. The 730HP grand touring F12 fits the bill quite nicely.

Finally I'll take a current gen Viper in Stryker green. It's obnoxious, ostentatious, loud, and a little obscene.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
E63 AMG Wagon in a color one of you already hasn't taken. For daily driving with a family of 4.

Resto-Mod Charger with all the bells and whistles. For cruising, and shorter trips with the family.

Ferrari 458 Especiale. Track car, street legal, what more is there to say about this choice?

And as an honorable mention, because there is a chance here that you fuckers have bought all of the AMG wagons I will have to choose something different for a family hauler.
Panamera Turbo S

Modus Man fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 23, 2014

Pulling Teeth
Jan 13, 2008
My Cadillac got that bass
Someone already chose my first choice, the Lancia, so I'd start with one of my favourite twisty road cars: a Ford RS200.

Then something practical. Four doors and a boot. You know, something like a Mercedes Benz S65 AMG. I'd want to own at least one bank vault on wheels in my life.

Finally, a car I lusted over as a child: a Bugatti EB110. Ugly, unreliable (Quad turbo quad cam V12!) and the last fling of a dying company - but that blue. I saw this in a magazine when it was released in 1991 and I've wanted one ever since.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'd keep my piece of poo poo mr2 first.

E39 M5 for the everyday stuff.

As i've gotten older I fail to see the point in supercars. So i'd just buy this or this and waste all of the rest of the money crashing it in the historic group c series.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'd go with a Nissan S30 and Porsche 911 RS (both already mentioned.) For the third, I'd go with a BMW 507

The first time I saw a picture of one of these, it made my jaw drop and made me think, "What the heck is that??" I just like it 'cause it looks god damned gorgeous. According to wikipedia, only 252 were made...

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
First would be a Citroen DS:

Next up is a Singer Porsche 911

And lastly, a bagged 1980's Chevy dually with semi truck wheels.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

sadnessboner posted:

I imagine these three would keep everything but the automotive ADD at bay.

The G63 would handle the dirty work of grocery shopping and adventuring. The singer 911 would be shoehorned into commuter and hillclimb duties and the HK500 would handle A road touring/carboner dispensation

Facel Vega is a great choice.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
FD RX7
R32 Skyline GT-R ('89 R32's are legal in the US now, suck it)
Subaru Impreza 22b STI

Hard to narrow it down to just three, but I'm picky so the list isn't super long to begin with

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

I've only got two that I'm fairly sure about, but I like this game.
First - 1952 Chevy Stepside pickup. This I would give to my dad. He bought one when he was 19 years old, brand new off the lot. Sold it 4 years later, regrets it to this day. It'd be his, then I'd use it for a cruising/looking awesome ride. And I loving love these trucks.

Second - the Mercedes Benz AMG 6x6 - ever since I saw one of these on Top Gear, its been my "wheeeeeee" fantasy. Daily driver/offroader/run over poo poo ride.

Third - likely some Porsche or Ferrari or something stupid-sexy-fast-fun, but I'm honestly not sure. Its always a fun thought though.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I'd ditch my current vehicles and home and spend the remainder of my life traveling, floating around on a yacht, and doing longer stints in luxury hotels wherein I do copious amounts of drugs and escorts.

gently caress being tied to poo poo like cars if you don't need to be.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I win the thread (by cheating)

1954 Mercedes-Benz W196

Sold for: $29.7 million

1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 NART Spyder

Sold for: $27.5 million

1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa Prototype

Sold for: $16.4 million

Grand total of $73.6 million dollars. I'd sit in them and make vrooming noises and then ride my bike to work until I could resell them for even more money!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Well, I'd start building up my classic car collection. Never really been big on crazy supercars and stuff but one day Imma own a fleet of classic cars.

1. 1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible. I with appropriate resto-mods and possible an engine swap to make it an enjoyable driving experience. As much as I like old cars, no power steering + brakes sucks.

2. 1940-something Chevy COE with car carrier. I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted a few classic cars, and I'm gonna need something to haul them around in. :v:

3. Tesla Model S85. Well I will still want a modern daily driver, and I mind as well balance out my -1mpg classic cars with something a bit more environmentally friendly

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

ExplodingSims posted:

Well, I'd start building up my classic car collection. Never really been big on crazy supercars and stuff but one day Imma own a fleet of classic cars.

1. 1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible. I with appropriate resto-mods and possible an engine swap to make it an enjoyable driving experience. As much as I like old cars, no power steering + brakes sucks.

A real baller would get a Mark II. :wotwot:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

13 INCH DICK posted:

See not that its an ugly car, but given the lottery situation Id hardly call the E type the most beautiful *ever*.

Its like nobody ever saw the Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale

Hood length is directly proportional to beauty. Victory, E-type.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
The Best Lamborghini, an LM002, for whenever I need to haul/tow or go off roading.

I always liked the look of the BMW Z3 Clownshoe and the Ferrari FF is more insane so I'll have one of these.

And for my Classic/Track Day/Cool ThingTM car, I'll have an e30 M3.

And I guess as an honorable mention, something like a Honda Civic for when the rest of them are broken/on fire.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Well, let's see. Ideally I'd not have any need to consider buying any other cars, so let's cover the bases and start with something eminently practical:

a Volvo 850 T5-R wagon in "GET THE gently caress OUT OF THE WAY" YELLOW (or maybe understated "move" white).

Good for hauling groceries, kids, and small furniture; good for safety; good for icy conditions with the front-wheel drive and decent snow tires; good for gas mileage (I've heard examples of ones with ECU tunes getting 41 mpg highway); and good for upwards of 400 horsepower with the right tuning.

However, perhaps that doesn't have the style one needs for special occasions. For that, maybe a

Ferrari Testarossa in Ferrari Testarossa red (or maybe understated "move" white) ought to do.

However, the Colombo flat-12 kinda shows its age by now, and would be upstaged by the Volvo, so along with this I'd grab a LaFerrari as an engine donor and give the rest to a local auto engineering class or something.

And, for those days I just feel like driving something a little understated:

A Volvo 1800E, the "iconoclast's car". With either the stock B20E (130 hp) or a B230FT wedged in there (165hp and up), and a more modern transmission. Perfect for coastal drives on foggy days.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Wheeee posted:

I'd ditch my current vehicles and home and spend the remainder of my life traveling, floating around on a yacht, and doing longer stints in luxury hotels wherein I do copious amounts of drugs and escorts.

gently caress being tied to poo poo like cars if you don't need to be.

I don't think you're getting the whole 'lottery win' and 'AI' thing - we're talking infinite money fantasy cars not what would you actually do. Drugs and escorts in an chauffeur driven, stretched Aventador would have been an acceptable answer.

In fact everyone just change your answer to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

ColdPie posted:

Hood length is directly proportional to beauty. Victory, E-type.

Then you'll like my first choice:

Toyota 2000GT. Only 351 produced, built by Yamaha under contract to Toyota. It's Japan's answer to the E-type, and proof that Toyota didn't always make bland white goods cars.

I would pair it with:

An Aston Martin DB5. Another timeless design that will never stop looking good.

And finally for normal everyday use, I'd get:

An Aston Martin V12 Vantage S. If I'm still buying my own groceries after winning the lottery, I'm going to do it with power, beauty, and soul.

Honourable mentions would be some form of Caterham 7 (probably an R700 Fireblade model or similar), and maybe a 1967 Camaro SS like my great-grandma used to have.

• Locked thread