Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

New XB1 and PS4 footage featuring Cesaro's apron suplex, Luke Harper's Tope, Bray Wyatt's Sister Abigail, and Orton & Batista's RKO-Bomb.

Daniel Bryan's model appears to have been improved. Also 2K confirmed the game will be 1080p on both plaforms because that matters to five people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK51MZLseMc

I get the feeling someone in the marketing department is not a Daniel Bryan fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

I just hope the ps4 version is the full fledged game proper. If Story creator was cut from the ps4 version as well that would be all sorts of messed up.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Annual sports games, like Madden and NBA2K, usually lose features when they switch to newer consoles. The Character/Story editor is also something that seemed pretty low effort and grew out of having a bunch of unused animation assets rather than being a selling point that the designers have time to actually work on and polish.

I'd love to be wrong though.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Why even waste time and money making a last gen version if it's just 2k14 with a smaller roster and hilariously removed features?

Edit: ^^^Exactly

The last gen versions are going to sell a lot better.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

It's probably happening, but not until 2015

The real thing to be worried about is whether it will be a port of the new version or the last-gen version.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The amount of bullshit mediocrity people are willing to tolerate in these games is pretty hilarious.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jubs posted:

So it seems that Career Mode is just controlling a create-a-wrestler through Universe Mode, same cut-scenes and all. You are also only allowed to wrestle on 3 PPV's a year. Once you become champ, it auto sims you to the last match of your career.

But you can play as Sting.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

I love how every time they change something in this game it's not to make it more fun to play, but make grinding for cards take longer.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

rovert posted:

I LOVE TEW but I find the AI to be crap, the rate of change worse (Stardust still teaming in 2019) and the move me to main roster developmental emails excessively annoying.

All these sound true to life.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Madtrixr posted:

Revenge takes the parts of World Tour that were good and made them better, and improved the stuff that was lacking. so there's really no reason to play WT because Revenge is simply better, but that's not to say WT isn't really good. All 4 of the AKI engine games released here have reasons to be played.

Revenge was a huge improvement over World Tour, but came up short in two key areas: you could no longer play as Ric Flair or "Sting".

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sockser posted:

I appreciate the use of a future-thong to really tie the outfit together.

Paige forgot to do laundry and had to wear a bathing suit for underwear.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jubs posted:

I don't get it. What are so special about these mods?

The first one is the greatest mod in the history of our sport.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxsU7KenMw

this game looks like such garbage jesus christ. I cant stop laughing at that dead eyed blank face he has near the end, clenching a fist.

I love that Reigns making his entrance through the crowd is represented by a low-angle close up of character model walking in the air.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Shadokin posted:

What the hell do you have to do too move up in the card? I'm the wwe heavyweight champion and I still open raw/smack down or am in the 3rd spot. I want too main event damnit!

projecthalaxy posted:

- CM Punk, 2011-13

This ends with him trading in 2k16 for EA UFC 2 but never taking the game out of the shrink wrap.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6zOeC-Ye38

"Makes me proud to be a Samoan" - AJ Styles, 2016

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

From what I've seen the AI promos in Universe Mode and such are pretty funny because they just ramble about the weirdest stuff with no internal logic

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

remusclaw posted:

2K is supposedly going to actually be putting time and effort into the game for 2k20

Hearing this gets funnier every year

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Artelier posted:

How does it end? Is there some way I could find a plot summary?

quote:

The plot follows the path of a fictional pro wrestler attempting to prove himself as the strongest there is. Through a long train of ranked matches, he slowly gains notoriety as a wrestler as well as the grudging respect of his contemporaries.

The hero encounters Akira Maeda's fictional sister and falls in love with her, but she spurns his romantic intents, causing him to fall into a deep depression. To make matters worse, just before his championship match, he watches as his American trainer is killed right before his eyes. Even after becoming the undisputed pro wrestling champion of the world, it's a hollow victory without anyone to share it with. Deciding that everything was all a waste of time, he commits suicide.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

:vince:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Swear to God they've gotten worse at this since 2k14.

I rented last years game and was legitimately shocked at how badly it played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

God I want to play FFNY