Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Tomahawk posted:

Man Scott Walker is a real dolt. He could have been The Establishment Choice for a week or two if he had just hung in there for a few more months.

No, he's actually too stupid to run for president. The fact that he can get by in Wisconsin really says more about his garbage quality opponents from Wisconsin democrats but when confronted by people with equally insidious views but either charisma (trump) or intelligence (cruz) he has no chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zo posted:

I didn't believe it so looked up the quote. Here it is (interpret it as you will):

"Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5% unemployment. The number's probably 28%, 29%, as high as 35%, in fact, I even heard recently 42%," Trump stated.

Hey, gotta credit him for listing numbers all greater than 5.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Montasque posted:

On clickbait and Nate Silver...

Once Trump is no longer the number one subject for 538 articles he will be officially stumped.

Well it doesn't matter what he does because ESPN is pulling the plug mid November no matter what on this really kind of lovely iteration of 538.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

a helpful bear posted:

seems like this is a good time for some new candidates to enliven the race that share similar sentiments to Our Lord Trump

Trump/Hulk would be the #1 ultimate daughterfucker ticket of all time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gagelion2 posted:

you arrive home early from work, only to find a strange car in the driveway. suspicious, you enter the house quietly, sneak up the stairs, and crack open the bedroom door. you see the unmistakable image of jeb bush gorilla loving your wife.

what's your reaction?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

kenner116 posted:

Atlantic City must be the Ground Zero of Trump support.

I wonder if they can hold a polling place at the Trump Taj Mahal.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Orkin Mang posted:

marco rubio is gay lol

But he chose to be straight now.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Brannock posted:

Maybe I'm optimistic on Hispanics, but I really can't see black voters rejecting Trump en masse to the count of 95 to 5. Not when he's directly going after the lowest blue collar class and talking about their lack of jobs and being screwed over economically. Especially with two white candidates

Hmm yeah, clearly George Wallace 2016 is the key to the black vote.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

NutritiousSnack posted:

I go to work, and instead of voting go see a movie. Maybe if IL starts slanting towards Trump I hold my nose, but probably not.

There's probably good races down ballot you should vote on.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Extensive Vamping posted:

I wanted to take a minute or two to try to add my thoughts on this matter to date, and where I'm at now.

I didn't have much interest in the Republican primary until Trump entered the arena. I was pretty dismayed to see Jeb coasting an easy victory, knowing the same neocon advisors would have yet another shot at power. Trump's vendetta against Jeb changed that, and I've been watching with barely restrained glee as Trump destroyed Jeb with the ruthlessness and thoroughness of an industrial shredder. The collateral damage to the Republican party as a whole has been icing on the cake, too. AM propagandists waging civil war against one another, National Review attacking Trump and getting creamed, and the face-melting awesomeness of conservative pundits being set upon by the very mobs they've spent years delicately tweaking and grooming. Koch darling Walker becoming a very expensive, very fast flameout. Freepers once again turning on one another with the inevitable zottings, but this time with fervor seemingly an order of magnitude greater. Millions, maybe billions of precious donor dollars being summarily flushed into the toilet. I could certainly go on. It would be my great pleasure. And for the first time in a long time, following politics has become a pleasure again.

But to whom do I owe this overwhelming achievement? A man who is certainly no philanthropist, no great thinker. A man who thinks as little of my needs or desires as I do those of the ants scuttling about my bathroom. A man who practically defines the term ego. And I would dare to say, the perfect man for our time. In the age of blatant lies prevailing over self-evident truth, of the proudly ignorant populace who blindly accept falsehood as fact simply because it makes them feel good, he is our P.T. Barnum. An incredibly talented grifter going for the longest con of all.

And the weird thing is, I can't really blame him, or even bear him ill will. He's loving good at this. His timing is perfect, his strategy impeccable. As someone else said, politics has lowered itself to him. There's a perfect storm of poo poo: A lovely media working with lovely, corrupt politicians and lovely, corrupt executives to maintain some kind of hosed up hegemony. Of course people want to burn it to the ground, especially with this lovely economy.

But my glee is starting to fade, and get replaced by something resembling worry. Can this really happen? WILL it really happen? Who loving knows! We can't even guess as to what his actual plans would be if he got elected! I mean, I dig the public works angle, The Wall is a crap Great Work but people will have jobs. Maybe he'll fix some bridges and poo poo too. Or maybe he'll just drop dozens of nukes on Megyn Kelly when she's visiting Dubai. Hilarious as that is to imagine, it might be something he'd actually do!

Maybe it's a little sad, but I still have some hope that this will be some kind of wake-up call for the people that don't pay attention. Maybe somehow, we become a little less corrupt as a species. Adapt better bullshit detectors or something. I'd like to think something positive can come out of this. It's a nice thought. But that's so beautifully naive, it's even a little charming. I know better.

And yeah, we deserve this. As a nation, I mean. Not literally "us people posting here", that's just mean. BTW, I loving loved Deadpool.

nice c/p

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

This is a shockingly good description of the great plains

Like it's possible to get an abortion anywhere in the planes region.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Maoist Pussy posted:

What on earth would motivate someone to invade Mexico, lol

Probably a number of complicated political reasons related to the new independence of Texas, Manifest Destiny, and low level border conflicts.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So if the GOP ratfucks Trump I assume that means he's instantly going third party?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

So if the GOP ratfucks Trump I assume that means he's instantly going third party?

Actually my second question here is if people voting third party disconnects them with automatic straight party voting for the down the ballot races. Did anyone look at Perot voters and see if they voted differently down ballot than they normally would (or just not at all)?

Edit: So what I'm getting at is if the GOP pulls the nuclear option on Trump will that destroy the GOP hold on the house and senate at the same time?

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Mar 3, 2016

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

How Republicans will get through a trump nomination.

What does Freedom taste like?

SemenGlug.gif

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zoux posted:

Haha Kasich's got the hot hand now, and all he had to do was hang around.

Kasich is looking pretty hot in Ohio! When's Ohio voting next? I bet he'll kill it!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Joementum posted:

He's also a Steelers fan.

What a total piece of poo poo human.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Trump building a hosed up fantasy endorsement team except instead of all running backs he's getting all people with like 10% approval ratings

Once he gets a dozen of them then 120% of everyone have to love him.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Is that lovely republican Gavin Newsom?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

trump is probably a goldwater but id be terrified of whoever ends up his reagan

Vote Shkreli 2036.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

I wonder if Cruz counts as a white supremacist if he's not white? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq7Xcy5m5bU

Gonna lol when someone finally tells cruz what we've been saying when we were calling him a "canadian".

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

same

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I can't believe this man lost to Butch Otter.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

OTOH, you're saying 5 fairly attractive women said, 'yeah i want to jump on that dick'.

We have manifest proof that at least the three who are named are totally bonkers, pre cruz-dick that is.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

You know how SA had a pizza delivered to Joe Biden's front door once and got covered by national news? Well...

Are we going to end up sending dildos to even more people?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Are extermination camps internment camps?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Toadvine posted:

If Ted became president we may finally get those sharp new police uniforms I've been waiting for

Yeah but Hugo Boss isn't what it once was.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Can someone mix :smugdon: and :gary:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

ah, i see you wanna join in with two truths and a lie

Why do you think Jews aren't good guys?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

No Mans Land posted:

WW2 was a completely different time. His position on a past hypothetical has no bearing on todays issues. Besides, a past president was for those internment camps, and they only seem like a bad idea in hindsight. Besides, it was a time of total war. It's progress enough that Trump is on the fence about them in retrospect. If he said he ruled them out then he would get a whole new wave of attacks from critics saying "he doesn't know what the situation was like back then" and bla bla.

Basically that was another attempt at a bait.

Hmm, I wonder if he wavers on slavery and the trail of tears too.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Has anyone probed deeply which historical period "again" refers to?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Typo posted:

this is the beauty of sex scandals it's pretty much impossible to disprove something happened until a year has passed or something

even grrm understood this in ASOIAF where cersei just accused Margery of whoring around and they have to have a trial by the faith or something even though there's like 0 evidence anything happened

It's gonna own when Cruz has to walk the length of the national mall nude and pelted by rotten fruit.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't want to recap the whole thing but you were confronted with an ad where people (you were fixated on them being actors as if that somehow changes the content) simply state the words Trump has used about women in the past. These words are sexist. You eventually admitted as much, after so many backpedals and goal-post shiftings.

In the end, you confessed (by implication) that we should pay attention to the words of a person whose job is to say stuff to persuade people to vote for him. The words are almost all that matter in a political campaign and you were stupidly trying to downplay the things he said because, as you later admitted, the things he said were sexist.

You like biscuits and gravy? they have "sawmill gravy" at the Cracker Barrel. No idea what that is. Makes me think there's going to be pieces of wood in my gravy. But then, who cares since there's wood pulp in our food these days. What a world, No Man Is World.

Sorry about your effortposting but I don't think you're gonna make headway on this one with your epic logical fallacies and truth bombs.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

RACHET posted:

Ted Cruz is gonna be the new Tiger Woods.

Like he could hold onto Ambien and not have Ben Carson steal it all.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I'm so confused as to why this really beautiful women is, at best, utterly obsessed with her boss in a very creepy and public way, and at worst had sex with Ted Cruz.

Probs daddy issues.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Those dudes are going to get their asses whooped.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Joementum posted:

A Trump rally at the Janesville Conference Center tomorrow.

I'm glad Trump was able to sniff out the home of the KKK in Wisconsin for his rally.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Acquilae posted:

lol Ted thinking this dairy farmer from Wisconsin gives a poo poo about Sonny Bono and Cher.

Notorious tree hugger Sonny Bono that is.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm gonna buy Yosemite and fill it with garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

oystertoadfish posted:

i saw like 30 seconds of the john wayne movie the searchers and memory is that they had these like white girls the indians abducted and the girls had like face paint and feather headdresses on and were doing that thing where you go ooooooooooh and move your palm toward and away from your mouth rapidly and the cowboys were like 'these girls ain't white no more'

and then it turns out that movie is like a hollywood classic or something

im probably remembering it unfairly but i doubt it was much better than that'

anyway that's what's happened to the american electorate

You could say we're... on the reservation.

• Locked thread