Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Yes, someone join Clemens*, the league where I just bought this cheap murderer of left hand pitching and nothing else IFA for some reason.

Who's the real world version of this dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

If any of you are interested in my guys, get on IRC.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Tradezzzz

Edit: Don Cole still available. Anyone?

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 23, 2014

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Devo posted:

Sean Creek status: Gettin' Paid

It is going to be hilarious when i pull a coup and sign him.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

I am so confused by this Art/nasboat trade

Art wants to get younger so he makes a trade where he gets older?

Three pitchers are involved and nasboat is acquiring the worst of them?

nasboat is adding another first baseman to go along with Fred and Vin?

There have to be complementary deals, right?

Theoretically, if I were good at trades, I would trade Del and Bo for younger talent. That is if I was good at trading.

Anyone want Bo or Del?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

gardenald posted:

You know for all that art gets called out in this thread, I don't think I get called out for being a bad owner nearly often enough. I'm actually considering a trade with art that, in the long run, I think he wins, and I'm still considering it.

It's a great trade and you should do it because you rule as a person and we are best friends.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Nerokerubina posted:

why are you talking about trade offers in here instead of responding to ones you get

I'm thinking about it, and trying to get more offers on Peters before i pull the trigger.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Tradezzzz :rock:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

gently caress Matt Cambridge

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I am about to have about 10 players, including 2 pitchers, on my major league team. Gonna get that #1 next season.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Devo posted:

A lot of people are going to ask, "You won over 100 games two seasons ago, how is this even possible?"

But the real question is, "How did you ever win 100 games?"

I was hoping you could tell me, I'm completely stumped. I guess blind luck?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

uublog posted:

Oh my god art has 5 pitchers on his 25-man and one of them is literally Mark "gently caress Mark Cobb" Cobb. Only one of them is actually a starter, too, but whatever, that's beside the point

I'm on vacation and literally just haven't had the time. I'll be back late tonight, so that will all be fixed.

Edit: also i want mark cobb to retire and become a coach.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 29, 2014

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I disagree. loving up is a rite of passage. We've all done it.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The Mark Cobb for HOF has to start this year as well. He is the pitching version of McKay Duffy, and i will not rest until he's made it. Hopefully he retires a Vandelay after this season.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My pitching staff heading into this season might be the best one i've ever constructed

Raul Bethancourt
Daniel Ramirez
Erubiel Beltre (currently injured for another 3 weeks)
Darin Rauch
Ahmed Hubbard

Relievers
David Gomez
Richard Wang
Teddy Blake
Mark Cobb
Victor Tavarez
Houston Strickland
Jackie Eyre
Pedro Molina
Endy Mori

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

uublog posted:

congrats in advance on your 12th 100-loss Dimaggio season, Art!

congrarts

I'm going to make the playoffs in Clemens, probably with under 70 wins, and you'll never be able to take that away from me :)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Devo posted:

How is it even possible to have an entire division that bad? I feel like you could make a 75 win team just with late signing FAs and waiver pickups.

I know I picked up a team that was on a downswing and I totally dismantled it. My offense is actually pretty good, but my pitching is amazingly bad. I was trying to get that #1, but i'm failing at that! I have a ton of prospects coming up in the next 2 seasons, so i'm good.

As for this division, it's because of a lot of 1 and done owners who paid no attention. The teams have been bad for quite a few seasons. Hopefully uublog and AD can do something to fix it, but I think with the prospects I have coming up, I could be division winner for at least the next 5 seasons.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

uublog posted:

e: so Art is gonna get a top-10 pick and a playoff spot, right? making the playoffs doesn't affect first round draft order, I think? lol

Yes, and it's going to rule!

I have Jaret Fox, Alex Hernandez, and Brian Jodie coming up next season, and maybe Yorvit Azocar as well. My offense is going to be interesting, and i'm going to buy a shitton of pitchers in free agency. I like where this team is heading. Jaret Fox is going to rule.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I guess Teddy would rather mortally wound himself than pitch on my team. Thanks a lot, Teddy.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

uublog posted:

Well wouldn't you? :colbert:

you're gonna go from 100 wins to 100 losses in two seasons and it's going to be majestic. I can't wait to watch this tire fire

When I set my mind on something, I really go for it :)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So hey, I am the proud owner of Tony Feliz

My stupid scouting is so terrible that it said he was 18, not 20. Who cares, he's still going to be pretty good, and much better than anything i'm getting in the draft.

Edit: where should I put him? AA or AAA?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Serious question here, why did operaterp and i both get messages saying we were leading when it was clear that i actually was. Is there a built in preference for where an IFA decides to go? Is it pure chance?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Vandelay West

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Vandelay North: 2. Vandelay West: 0.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My heart can't handle waiting too much longer to see if I get that awesome IFA in Clemens*. This might kill me.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Welp, I've been outbid :cry:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Oh hey, I want to kill myself

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Holy Moly at John Yoshii

The other IFA out there right now is even better. He'd be mine if i hadn't gone for feliz.

I hate everything

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Beepers just beat me in game 5 of the playoffs in Clemens. My 63 win team made it interesting, and i lost because my awesome rookie of the year candidate reliever totally blew it in the 8th inning.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

8 picks in the first 106 let's gooooo

I have 9 picks in the first 92

I have 4 million dollars.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

you do this every loving year

can we please kick Art out of the world

I actually don't, it just seems like it. Besides, i'm happy with Feliz. He's not as good as the last couple IFA's that were signed, but he's still pretty good.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I could have had at least 1 or both of those guys if i hadn't given all my money to Feliz.

I am impatient

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I didn't think I had a chance at Nichting, so I of course didn't move him to #1 on my board :(

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

art is a gimmick, right? no one can be this dumb about HBD after all the goddamn seasons he's played

this has to be a gimmick

a loving long-con

You should actually be happy I didn't get him, as I wouldn't have been able to sign him. The guy I drafted at 15 asked for too much money.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

tatankatonk posted:

how do you spend more money than you require for signing draft picks without realizing it

Do you think I didn't realize it? I correctly gambled that I wouldn't see anyone better in the draft and signed an IFA.

If I had signed those other 2 IFA dudes, the same thing would have happened.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

The problem was the IFA you signed was not destroy your draft worthy.

You'd still criticize me the same amount if i had spent all my money on the other guys, though.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I made a gamble that didn't completely pay off, I'll admit it, but i don't regret taking it. Sometimes there's only 1 or 2 good IFA's, sometimes theres a lot of good ones. I probably should have waited to see if there would be others, but i didn't want to take the chance of wasting 25mil if no one else showed. I'm happy with Feliz, he'll never be a star, but he'll be pretty good.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

And Zimmer sims an hour after everyone else has finished.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Even Bartolo Valdez won a game in his 30 loss season

And what a magical season that was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This guy just got signed in 7jerry7, not sure i've ever seen an overall quite that high, even if this one is a bit inflated.

• Locked thread