Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh boy oh boy, I can't wait to cop a look at this game. I'm going to have to watch close to make sure I keep track of everything!

...Doctor.

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Rarity

When you come at me later in your aggressive way, as you do, it will be omgus. ;)

Scum post.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Max posted:

##vote Poison Mushroom

Old school rules: vote claimed scum.

She's not claiming scum. She's making an awkward joke of casing herself by accusing herself of being scum. I think you're trying to jump on this for an easy lynch.

##vote Max

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'll say this while I can still be mean: I don't know what Bowmore is going to require from you guys activity wise, but speaking for myself, I expect a lot out of all of you. Don't lurk in this one. It's pure mafia and it's something you will rarely experience here or elsewhere. Town, make an effort. Scum, don't be lazy, make your win mean something other than "lurking works ugh". I want this to be a special game. Help me make it one.

Interesting.

See you D2 guys!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheRam posted:

to anyone who's concerned with how off topic this seems it would appear that opop probably did scumslip...

When I read that I thought Opop was joking :shobon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheRam posted:

CP I don't even know what you are man. Two times I put you as unreadable/town and you just imploded as scum.
One of those wasn't your fault but lol mate you're an enigma.

Cpig is the hardest person to read in this community. It's annoying as hell.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Max posted:

Do people really not policy lynch players that claim scum (even jokingly?) That used to be like, an unwritten rule.

Hi Max, I'm scum :unsmigghh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Let's all claim scum, then Max will be REALLY confused

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

^^^ My face irl

EXAKT Science posted:

Sorry I'm just very excited to play mafia! :sun:

This post makes me think Exakt is scum but I can't really explain why cause it's all ~*gut and meta*~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hi, Scum, I'm Dad.

Why did you give me such a crappy name, Dad? :saddowns:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

Maybe you're scum again! :sun:

Clearly not reading the thread ##vote Exakt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Poison Mushroom posted:

It stands for Super Cool Ultimate Master. I'm trying to impress you so that one day, I'll get a card that isn't "yo stop loving replacing out of games, nerd".

That was a cool card, it could have so much utility!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KB, what's your take on Max?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

Heh. So what are your real thoughts on the game right now?

And anyone else around? I'm all caught up now, let's chat.

What do you want to talk about?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

What do you think of Rarity? :)

Fantastic, an SSS+++++ player

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wall monitor posted:

Hey thanks.

Dunno. Was it joke? I have a hard time telling when jokephase ends and seriousphase begins I guess.

##unvote then...

Ok, realtalk this is a bad post. WM flakes out on his vote at the first sign of weakness in his case. He's more worried about what other people will think of him than what he thinks about FV.

##vote WM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VivaNova posted:

A++ Fantastic Avatar.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wall monitor posted:

Agh, I hate the 'changing your mind when someone points something out to you = FLAKINESS SCUMTELL TURBO TURBO TURBO' meta that seems to be going on these days

You did a complete 180 just cause KB said your case was based on a jokevote. It doesn't even sound like you went back to look at the vote in question.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Opop I will give you this one opportunity to REDEEM YOURSELF. Will you take it?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

Ok but only if I don't have to do a bunch of work

Not in the least. All you have to do is... vote wall monitor!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

Also he's not me

This text shows up when I hit quote but not in your post wut

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

Also I have no idea about the text, I did a ninja to add that last bit and I get it got stuck halfway

Haha. I'm glad you agree about WM though. Consider your redemption pending based on further commitment!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I don't feel the same way. To think of WM as scum you have to almost think of them as Meinberg

What? How? I'm gonna need you to explain that in more detail. The only thing you need to remember is that WM has never been scum before so he will be prone to newbie scum mistakes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That changes my perspective some but it's like they're SO nervous that they're unable to speak coherent sentences.

Do you mean that's how WM comes off or how WM would have to be read for you to think him scum?

Meinberg is like that - he struggles with social interaction, even on a forum interface.

Disagree with this, but that's kind of a tangent.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That's how WM reads. To think they're scum, I would imagine a more reserved approach, especially if it was their first time. It's an all vanilla game. Why would they flop about like that as scum? In effect, I want to see more from WM. I think Opop is a vastly superior vote.

You don't think the small number of posts/short sentences used in those posts are reserved?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Reserved in a different sense of the word. I don't know how to describe it and its actually churning my stomach knowing I can't communicate this concept well, but I'm going to try. If WM was being careful as one would assume they would be on a first time scum, they wouldn't probably put themselves out there that quickly on such a silly, weak case. I don't see it. I think your overzealous approach of WM is more interesting, actually!

I'm having difficulty relating what you're describing with what WM posted. I wouldn't call what he was doing as putting himself out there, I'd say it's trying to sneak it through under the radar. To me his posts read a lot like someone trying to be careful.

And yes, I am taking a proactive approach here! Convincing other people to see my reads has always been the weakest part of my town game so it's something I'm trying to improve.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

"##vote FV" "I still want to vote for FV" "Oh, it was a joke? Maybe not then...##unvote"

I think that's very sloppy stuff and nothing that a first time super nervous scum would do.

I guess we just have a difference of opinion then cause I think it's exactly what a first time super nervous scum would do.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I think a first time nervous scum would be asking for advice from scumbros and trying to latch onto other cases.

Ok, I see your point. But I don't think that's the only way newbie scum would play and assuming scum only act one way is the kind of thinking that allows scum to win.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit FV :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That's fair. There is no cookie cutter way of things, but I still don't see that play as scummy. I have a lot of trouble imagining that interaction from a scum perspective.

Can you explain the town thought process behind that series of posts please?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I can't explain dumb.

Then how is it dumb town as opposed to dumb scum?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Because dumb scum in this case would be supremely concerned with how they were going to look to town and would likely opt to be "safer"

Yes! This is entirely my point! He withdrew the vote the second it was called into question, which shows this exact concern with playing safe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

How many games does WM have under their belt?

10, including this one and SA Mafia.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
diqnol, you're up mega late. Don't miss sleep for mafia :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I came in to work at 5a today!

Don't get fired for playing mafia at work :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
By the way, Viva I would really like to hear what you think of wall monitor!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Murmur Twin posted:

intentional pre-planned jokes and not scum slips / him running away?

To me the only thing that really looks bad is him bailing on the thread for the rest of the day. That's straight out of the merk playbook.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wall monitor posted:

10 already? Jeez, I've lost track then.

WM, what do you think about somebody. Anybody.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wall monitor posted:

That's my bad, I tend to procrastinate when people point FOS at me, since I get easily discouraged and such. It's a bad habit I probably should try to deal with.

Lemme see what I can do today. If I accomplish nothing else then at least you'll have my opinions available after you miscuddle me.

That post wasn't even talking about you :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Murmur Twin posted:

It's a less-offensive alternative to "lynch". See also: "lunch" and "dunk".

I think you'll find it's called plorp now :colbert:

e.g. We should all plorp wall monitor today

• Locked thread