Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Reason posted:

There was a mod that let you build multi block portals that was really cool, it wasn't the stargate one. Anyone know what it is called?

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/225921-enhanced-portals-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Max size for smelteries is 7x7 inside dimensions, which can smelt a ridiculous amount of material if you also build it up. I had a 11 block high or something, 2200 buckets of molten Uranium.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Somebody earlier in the thread suggested I mention oil fabricators in BFSR to fuel the rocket. I guess they didn't manage to run into any of the oil laying around. I never heard of it before, but I was about to punch it in to the quest book. I see it online, but it doesn't come up in NEI nor in the MFR configuration. Was it recently removed?

Not sure, but I think you need buildcraft installed for it to appear, since it is buildcraft oil it produces. Might be wrong though.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

So I like having new biomes, but I am going to shoot everything in sight if I see another patch of quicksand or plant that can hurt me if I step on it. What is with people and really small, annoying environmental hazards?

I assume you haven't encountered any jungle spiders yet? Small and poison you, and they blend in with the grass.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Goncyn posted:

This sounds exactly like EE3 as explained in a recent direwolf20 mod spotlight. How is it different?

EE3 isn't finished, is it? And never will be?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

You can also make a thaumic harness or something and fly around. Enchant it somehow to improve the speed on it, it's very slow to begin with.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Whalley posted:

Wand of Equal Trade will mean you can pick up anything (other than bedrock) that you want by replacing it with trash from your inventory; pour water over a lava lake and turn it into obsidian, then convert all that obsidian into oak saplings, watch them fall into lava, then convert the next layer of lava again and again.

I especially recommend using the Wand of Equal Trade with fences and/or railroad tracks. Looks horrible, but it's oh so fun.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

I thought you were supposed to go to the Nether for tech metals?

You are not supposed to go to the nether, at least not in the version I played. All the nether stuff is at the volcano.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Managing a small server for some friends, as well as the modpack they use.

How is Ars Magicka now? They really want it, but as far as I know, it's super buggy... Is this still the case, or is it safe? 1-5 people online, not that spread out, if that matters.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

SugarAddict posted:

It's still the case, some things like mana batteries if linked in a loop will break the server until ars magica is removed. If you do plan to have ars magica, back up your server once a day.

Remove ars magica, or the offending blocks in mcedit?

Server is making a backup every 12 hours now, but I have to download manually through filezilla now if I want to keep more then the single backup. It's overwritten when the next one is made. This has been working fine until now, since they have my number and have been told to call me if it's urgent like a lost inventory due to grave not appearing. But I think I have to get some automatic regular download going, so I have a couple of versions on my own computer... Gives me a chance to play with scripts.

Thank you for the replies!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Does anybody see any reason to actually post an update to Baby's First Space Race? I've been mostly sitting on the big, red button. I just felt I should make sure most of the quests still work. Some of my concerns stem from what I've seen in omp-i since it also took the latest of everything. The Forge loading bug particularly worried me since I'm most likely to have users that will stare at the Mojang loading screen since they're probably coming from vanilla Minecraft.

I'm waiting for the update... So press the button please!

I enjoy the huge amount of resources and how "easy" things are. Feels more relaxed.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

TheresaJayne posted:

seriously i already had thoughts about it,
It will be a frame that you have special colored buttons on to select the different destinations (still trying to determine how to fully do this without needing a complex gui - colored wool blocks like enderchests will not work as what if someone else chooses the same code ? I have an idea but it will be fleshed out as I go along.

First each Teleport Frame Block will have to be made (and it will not be cheap)

Heisenberg Compensator = An Emerald surrounded by ghast tears in the corner and diamonds in the centers

Zero point module = Heisenberg compensators round a Nether Star

Pattern Buffer = Diamonds round a ZPM (this has the 3 wool blocks for the address)

Teleport Block ZPM middle Heisenberg Compensator Bottom middle Surrounded by wool

Teleport Blocks can be dyed by dyes to allow coding.

so make a frame with 16 blocks and buttons on each block. to activate dial the 3 color code for your destination

or you can just make a 3 wide 4 high block and use that as the smallest (less available codes 9 codes rather than 16)
when you dial the center activates loading the world/chunk the destination is in, and then if i can work out how to do it - shows you the view out of the portal at the other side
(that will be the technically hard bit - i mean portal had to custom write that part of their system

Thoughts?

Seems way to expensive if you need 16 nether stars, 64 emeralds and 64 diamonds to make a teleporter...

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

wylker posted:

ITT Shukaro actually asks someone to turn it off and on again.

You should have some log files in the log folder. If you try to run a pack and have that problem can you share the log with us?

Please use pastebin or something for the logs, don't paste the whole thing in here.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

wylker posted:

You know, there are fun-MAKERS and fun-RUINERS. Which do you want to be?

Neither, I'm just here to watch the world burn.

Record you reading the logs with a deep manly voice, then post the recording.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Goncyn posted:

Has anyone ever built an effective passive mob farm (i.e. no spawners, vanilla or otherwise, just a dark room) that used a Thaumcraft guard golem for the killing? Do golems prevent mobs from spawning near them, similar to players? What about golems with the visor accessory, which makes their kills drop XP?

I think they tend to die. When I tried to use them, attrition ate them all in an hour or so. That is a while ago, things might have changed. But their regeneration didn't keep up with the incoming damage, so they would eventually die.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Goncyn posted:

But they didn't prevent the mobs from spawning? With or without visor? Did you try using the various combat accessories (armor, mace, dart launcher, fez)? What did you do about creepers?

I have so many questions.

This was Thaumcraft 3, so Minecraft 1.5.2 or something. I put everything on them, some had the gun thing, some without. Can't remember anything else, no idea on creepers. Try out in creative and report back.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Musluk posted:

So what's the pick progression in OMP-i (singleplayer) like? Installed it late last night, got stuck at copper. Don't have materials to mine tin/iron as making a T shaped copper pick can't mine those, nor can flint TiC picks. Am I missing something?

Make a smeltery, then cast a copper pickaxe head.

Or make a plastic straw, drink some lava, then some water right away afterwards. That gives you obsidian. Either use that for a pickaxe head, or make alumite with it.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Musluk posted:

Casts require aluminum brass or gold, no? I can't mine anything higher than copper without cheating something in. I think the problem is mining iron needs an iron-level pickaxe head. Last version I played I don't think it was like that.

I'm fairly sure you can mine aluminium with the flint pick...

Is leveling up your tool turned on in that pack? If so, you have to mine a ton of stone so your mining level increase to what it should be. It's dumb and annoying, turn it off in the config files. You can also add a mob head to your tool for instant level up.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

taiyoko posted:

Seed is -192237733.
Might try messing around with the settings, but might just remove the offending glowstone generator instead, but I think I might be screwed on this world because no matter how much I save before exiting NBTExplorer, it doesn't keep the changed data to put me back in the overworld at one of my waypoints.

What if you straight up deletes the nether? I think it's DIM1 in the save folder, but not 100% sure :P

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

on that note it looks like the redpower 2 dev is making a whole new game instead of trying to keep up with minecraft

http://www.eloraam.com/

Someone find the patreon that has been giving this person a lot of money with no result.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

What I'm curious about is, can you live up to the hype you are creating? I do have faith in the Technic team, but many people/companions have created unwarranted hype before and it's always such a downer when it happens :(

Please be good Technic team.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Yeah, I played Blightfall with Kilran, fellow goon, and it was fun. I never liked the Thaumcraft scanning and research, so I just added a ton of points and set it to easy (we were in agreement on everything). Ended up with making my own version of it, as a new modpack, adding and changing things as we felt like it. Added minefactory reloaded laser drills, removed AE2 controllers (because of my cable chaos that I didn't want to figure out), added powersuits and jetpacks, as well as lot's of other things. It was great fun and we had a huuuge area cleared, several big reactors, four laser drills, big factory, the mod that let you put Thaumcraft essence into AE and use from it, it was awesome. Felt like we had conquered the world. Never mind the cheating, we won.

Maybe I'll trick him into playing it with me again, he is a good guy. And he reads this thread, nudge nudge wink wink hint hint.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Krakatoah posted:

Day 5 of the Blightfall promo splash page is up, less than 24 hours to go until it launches hopefully.

No further exploration needed, so I guess the pack is cancelled then. Oh well.

This is very well written guys!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Magres posted:

Watering Cans are a bit slower than bonemeal and I don't think you can use them on trees (not sure though), but they seem to be infinite use and sprinkle in a 3x3 AOE, so they do a really good job of speeding along crop growth.

You can use it on saplings, it speeds it up a bit.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

chairface posted:

I understand that for practical purposes, TiC is still the weapon mod, but are there any that like... an armory mod I forget the name of try to bring in a similarly diverse group of weapons up to and including firearms? I like minecraft on its own terms well enough and TiC is a mod I really like, but there's something compelling about the idea of having a pump-action shotgun in a game like this. gently caress you, zombies, get off my lawn, click-clack.

Flans weapon mod or something?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Mr Scumbag posted:

I'm currently building a passively cooled Big Reactor. I'm looking to have it push out as much RF/t as is possible with no regard to fuel efficiency whatsoever. I have magical crops pumping out more yellorium than I'll ever use. My question is, what coolant would be best for maximum power output while ignoring fuel burnup rate?

if it helps, I'm using the x configuration for the control rods as follows:

code:
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOO
OOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOO
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOO

If you are just going for power-power-power, either pyrotheum or just solid fuel rods would probably be best. But I really don't know much about min-maxing reactors :(

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Mr Scumbag posted:

Well, I did this. In survival. For some reason.

It's the maximum size without editing the config file: 32x32x48

This makes me think there should be a mod that adds a machine that can fabricate any object in the game with the only price being energy. Massive amounts for the rarest stuff.

Now make it active cooled and make turbines to match.

Also, you can run dozens of mining lasers off that. Use tesseracts to transfer power.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Devor posted:

Is this the laser drill, rather than mining laser? So am I understanding right that if I slap a Yellow Laser Focus on it, it will only spit out Gold/Glowstone/Yellorite/those three other yellow ones?

Also, I was failing to realize that you can use control rods to easily scale down production and consumption of fuel, so now I can just run at 10% unless I need to fire up all my industry at once.

You can use rednet cable from Minefactory Reloaded. Put two rednet ports in your reactor, hook them together with rednet cable. On the output, set white to be energy stored in percentage. On the input, set control rod setting to white. It will now put the control rods in as deep as you have energy stored. Which means full output/0% rods if you use all the power, shutting it down/100% rods if you are not using anything. Super easy to set up and will save you a lot of fuel potentially.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

Which leads back to that driver being unable to be installed.

Which is unrelated to Minecraft. Have you tried using Google and search for instructions on how to update Intel drivers on Windows 10? Cause I found this page, maybe that will work. You are not giving us a lot to work with either.
http://sertacozercan.com/2015/02/how-to-install-latest-intel-graphics-drivers-on-windows-10-technical-preview/

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Black Pants posted:

Already have Fastcraft in the pack, doesn't fix the font though.

Try changing GUI scale in video options. I have it on normal from auto, so much better (on a 24" screen).

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Thyrork posted:

Should I just go full mad science on a containable island and corrupt it utterly?

If it's anything like old versions, taint will spread through caves and ruin everything. If you want to do it safe-ish, you have to separate the corrupt land either physically (wide moat that goes to bedrock, with something that stop taint at the bottom, glass maybe?) or through chunk loading. That means, go into the nether, head 500 blocks in one direction, make a portal and exit. That is the area you should taint. It's to far away to be loaded when you are not there, very small risk of stumbling across it by accident.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

CrazyTolradi posted:

Is there any way to use Galacticraft and AE2 in 1.7.10 and not be hosed over if you want to use sealers? You can't add AE2 facades as a sealable block because it's not counted as a block but as an item.

Use the quantum chamber thing that let you connect networks wireless? One inside, one outside. Go full retard on it.

Edit:

This one: http://ae-mod.info/ME-Quantum-Network-Bridge/
Make one inside the base, and one outside the base. It will look awesome and really dumb at the same time.

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 24, 2016

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

You mean turn the + into an X?

I'm terrified to deploy it, which is going to be a small problem. It's using code I put in Lockdown myself so that players start in this world, but then go to their own randomly-generated overworld when they step through the overworld portal. Then to handle updates, I doodled some code that will flatten their existing tutorial dimension with a fresh copy as needed. The code for all of that was not that hard in itself, but there's no way for me to know side effects since I'm completely unfamiliar with Minecraft internal quirks. I particularly need to make sure none of that shits out on a server instance.

Make a beta modpack, and I'll help test it out.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Mega rubber tree, sacred rubber tree and someones worldship is what you should be careful about. They all generate gigantic trees.

Mega rubber is possible to handle, but the sacred and worldship are gigantic. I think the trunk alone on the sacred is a full chunk, and the tree crown is 16x16 chunks or something. You can tear down a whole one of those with a single harvester apparently, they were put in to test out some new code for the harvesters.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Need a liquid boiler to burn creosote, and even then it's not very efficient. Nice way to get rid of excess though.

This one: http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Liquid_Fueled_Firebox

And a either low-pressure or high-pressure boiler ontop.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

CoreDuo posted:

Apparently in the GT: NH 1.0.7.7 update the textures for sacred oak blocks changed and now my house looks weird.

It's fine, a bit of mold never killed anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Magres posted:

Any goons got recommendations for server hosts? I'm considering booting up a like 10 person modded server for some friends and don't want to run it off my desktop cause I don't feel like leaving my computer on all the time.

Turtlicious posted:

2nding this.

I have good experiences with Hosthorde before. Small servers with 3-6 players spread out with little regard to reducing lag. It will lag once your world get's big enough, but I think it's good for the price.
We used the unlimited one, but everyone chipped in. You want at least 2 GB of RAM for your modded server, don't get the starter one.
https://www.hosthorde.com/