Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Descent 3: Retribution (Part of the Descent Series Megathread)

Parallax Software, in 1997, dissolved due to what seemed like creative differences in the ownership of the company. From them, Volition and Outrage were created, with the owner of Outrage, Matt Toschlog getting the Descent license. They published Descent 3 in 1999 as a game that was intended to make full use of the next generation of graphics cards and push the limits of 6 Degrees of Freedom. They created new tools, new software, and combined engines from multiple games to create this game over the course of about two years.

What you are about to see is one of two games published by Outrage before their purchase by THQ, and subsequent dissolving. The other being Alter Echo.

Descent 3 ain't pretty, despite the sheer beauty of the game. So, let's get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Join me in the founding of a hopefully great city - in Songs of Syx, a game where you start with a throne room and ten minions and end with a city of tens of thousands - each one moving around your city!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Just opened a new team based LP for The King's Dilemma!

Join us and become a representative of one of 12 influential families (or “Houses”) as part of the King’s Council.

The Houses are going to be presented with Dilemmas that will pose a problem that the Council will have to solve on the King’s behalf. You will have to discuss, bargain, and make decisions that will shape the story of the game and determine the fate of the Kingdom of Ankist. Occasionally, your decisions will result in the addition of new cards to the deck (unlocking new events that will happen in the future as a consequence of your decisions); they will also create Legacies for your House, that will influence the way the people in the Kingdom sees you; or they will create new Agendas for your House.

You will have to keep the kingdom going while also seeking an advantage for your own House; this power struggle may lead the kingdom into war, famine, or riot, or it could generate wealth and well-being. It will depend on your choices! Each decision has consequences, though: what is good for the kingdom as a whole may be bad for your House. Will you act for the greater good, or will you think only of yourself?

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

Let's Play and Partae with Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero! A fun 2D Metroidvania game.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

You've heard of puzzle/platformers, but here's a game that's...both at once? Put a tough-as-nails platformer on one screen, and Puzzle League on the other - add a sprinkle of British stereotypes, and pinch of the Madden NFL development team, and we have ourselves one of the most underappreciated titles for the Nintendo DS: Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

I'm actually updating my LP again now that I have the ability to do so! Do you like trains? I like trains. Let's make money and run some trains.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Football Manager

A Let’s Play where you will follow newly appointed manager, Aine Bruton, from her part time job working on a golf course, through the highs and lows of coaching Tunbridge Wells in the pits of the English footballing pyramid.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Let's go and explore the secrets of the Evertree Inn. This is one of my favourite choose your own adventures. It's set in a high fantasy world, and is extremely reactive to your choices. Hopefully this will be fun for everyone involved. As is standard for CYOA LPs, there will be voting.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Oh hey, I forgot about this thread. I am playing a Halo, and I plan on playing other Halos in the future.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Welcome back to Kamurocho.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Edgy Pokemon fangame #14807058 coming right up.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Hi! Lea!

Let me take you (and Artix) through CrossCode, a retro-Zelda-retro-JRPG-fake-MMO 2018 GotY contender that you slept on.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 14, 2021

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Yes, I am indeed doing an LP of Steel Battalion. What else needs to be said other than this is a very exciting one for me. Come for the big rear end controller, stay for the stompy robots.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

EDIT: technical failure

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Quackles posted:

EDIT: technical failure

You're off the hook, since I reasonably believe you tried to post a new LP, but be careful from here on out :colbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hmm Danaru shows much mercy. not sure i would have done the same.

sheathes modding blade

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

I'm doing an LP for the Baldur's Gate Saga centered around the infamous Sandrah megamod. Those not familiar with Baldur's Gate probably won't get all that much enjoyment out of this as I mainly focus on the added content. Those that do want to try and follow along are advised to read a 'vanilla' LP alongside it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Final Fantasy. The first one!
But, like, it's a romhack/rebalancing mod for the Dawn of Souls release. It's designed to make the game harder but it seems to frontload a lot of good ideas.

I have virtually no idea what I'm getting into for once, either!

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...

The Historic Perspective saga continues, adding Egypt alongside the continuing adventures in China. Somebody must tend the banks of the Nile, it might as well be us.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Doom Eternal - Some Things Are Eternal at Home

JigglyJacob takes me and TorpidTypist on one last rampage through the forces of Hell

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Who's ready for an Earthbound-like that has Depression as a status effect? I know, I am!

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

I've just posted the beginning of my attempt to LP Bug Fables. I've thought this deserved a SSLP for a while now, finally decided to give it a go. This is my first LP, so any constructive criticism would be well appreciated.

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

S T A R M E T A L C A S T E
[img]https://lpix.org/3944511/2021020713422200_s[1].jpg[/img]

I know it sounds selfish, but this is my story! (Narrative SSLP) I’m going to take this famously beautiful and flawed game and overhaul the script, bringing its story to life as never before even as I show the game itself off.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I started my first LP! :toot:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

All we had to do was LP the drat game, DM! Let's 100% GTA: SAN ANDREAS!

We'll get to Red Dead 2 eventually, maybe once I finally get my Xbox Series X. Right now, though, we're returning to the GTA series after about a year, and this time we are heading back to the west coast. Not only that, we're gonna go for 100% completion!

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like

A Link Between Links - Let's Play Ocarina of Time: Master Quest Co-Op

We finally kick off our co-op playthrough of Master Quest!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

I've been wanting to play this again for a while and thought that I'd bring you all along for the ride. I haven't played a space sim seriously in over a decade and my LP's have been exclusively adventure games for the last seven years. What could go wrong? :stonkhat:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

The Story Mode LP of Etrian Odyssey Untold went on hold for a long time due to busy schedules and technical difficulties.
Those have been dealt with and/or worked around, and so it is resuming.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - World Loogie Tour 2004

Tony Hawk and Bam Margera take me and JigglyJacob on a tour to do stupid stuff across the world

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

Lost Odyssey

Come join me as we follow the adventures of a bunch of old people with really bad memories.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Blackstar: Agent of Justice (redux)

Blackstar is a poorly made point & click adventure game from 1995, starring a garish, nihilistic hardass who has some serious issues with women.

I revive a 10-year old screenshot LP in video form by adding my own voice and sound effects.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

The fifth game in the series and the last one to use this particular engine. Of the three releases that have used it, this is the one that has been intriguing me the most.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

I was told to post here that I've made a writeup of a match between two goons commanding four M1A1 Abrams and four Panzer Tiger II B in Phoenix Command Mechanized Combat System.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I forgot I wanted to post this here.

My Hearts of Iron 4 thread has finished with the vanilla base game and has now moved on to playing mods.

The first mod campaign that we're running right now is in Kaiserreich, the mod that asks "What if Germany won World War 1?". If you saw this LP previously and thought "well, they're playing Nazi Germany, I don't like that", this campaign will have more Communism for you. Or rather, Syndicalism.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

I've just started a LP for Floor Plan, a Roll&Write game (similar to RailRoad Ink) in which each player takes the role of an architect tasked with the development of a small residential area/giant villa/commune. Each round, a pair of dice are rolled and then players will act simultaneously, using the dice to either draw a new room onto their floor plan or add crucial architectural and landscaping features. The game ends when any player has completed six client demands, or is unable to use all dice in a turn. The player with the most points is the winner – the client likes their design best and they earn that lucrative commission.

The LP will be Goon vs Goon, with a 1week update cycle (this means you'll have 1 full week to send me your updated masterpieces) and will last a few weeks. The signup window is 1 week, but we'll let anyone who wants to join during the 2nd week as well (you can sign up before the results from Week #1 are made public).

EDIT: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960903 now with 100% more links! :v:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 2, 2021

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You seem to have forgotten a link to your thread, I'd follow along!

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

I (don't) respect you, bookerman! - Let's Play Total Extreme Wrestling 2020

It's pro wrestling with excel sheets, what more could you want!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dare you brave the second Yggdrasil Labyrinth?

Etrian Odyssey II is an improved game from the original, since that game was pretty rough and pretty mean, but this game has a lot of jank and bad coding and crazy class balancing that it's a real treat to go through. Lots of powercreep, weird characters and pure, mapping goodness, come through and submit a guild member!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962220

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Time for MM7 after beating MM6 in... less than record time.