Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'll give this a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

No.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Finally got my pm! Now I can go to sleep.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote Keane

His apathy is a mask for evil.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

YO King Burgundy why you gotta be whack?

You're a joke like those District XVII Legion guys.

Don't make me burn you to a crisp with my magical powers.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oops, totally spaced this. Sadness.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is still going? Now I no longer am sad I missed it. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PinMom apparently has to pay per letter he types.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

On the surface, Keane would have us think that he isn't invested in the outcome. That, of course, begs the question: why enter a tournament that he doesn't care about?

Looking carefully at his posts, I feel like he is making this up to cover up something deeper:

I think these quotes prove that Keane is emotionally invested, and suspect that he is trying to go unnoticed so that he can sneak his way towards the finish.

I call. ##vote CCKeane

Doesn't mean much given my current vote but I like this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

While I appreciate that people thought my case on Keane was genuine, I'm curious how people took it seriously when I took the above quote and pasted it as

I'm sure people have figured this out at this point but the goal was just to put out something for people to react to and judge accordingly.

##vote KB

My opinion on this is consistent. This looks like flailing to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay posted:

My main problem with the challenge is that it took way longer than expected, I thought it wouldn't be more than half an hour. I really got upset when I logged in this morning and people were calling me a baby for falling asleep. Its really upsetting since I'm a grown man.

There. There. It'll be OK.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

My vote wasn't based on your changing your opinion of Keane, it was based on your liking a bad case that supported your opinion (which made me think it may be fabricated). While I'm not sure what you mean by "flailing", I admit the vote is as flimsy as D1 cases usually are.

My reason for voting Keane was exactly the same as yours minus some words. You didn't think it was worth a vote initially. But now you do. To me that looks like you are trying anything to get out of the pressure you were under since I hadn't actually done anything new. Aka flailing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Opopanax posted:

No, I actually have reasons and am talking about them

I also agree with Opop on this. Pmom is prolly scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's Anarc, Opop, and KB. Thank me after the game.

Heh nice. Quoting this so I can laugh at you after the game is over.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

eh that last post was unnecessary and in bad taste. it was a dumb post and I shouldn't have made it. if this were a normal thread I'd have edited it out by now, just take this as my preemptive mea culpa.

In bad "taste". Wink wink nudge nudge.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, I wouldn't call PMom/CPigs votes on me without further explanation "pressure", at least not after the first case of the game.

Really? Since when are votes not pressure? That seems like a dishonest interpretation to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I see pressure as stress caused by the fear of a negative outcome. That isn't something I've felt at any point in this game so far, mostly because I feel like I can easily and truthfully explain the thought process behind any posts people might use to cast suspicion on me.

It is still pressure even if you aren't stressed about it. :). People talk about making cases or making a vote to apply pressure all the time. I know you know this and this conversation is really weird.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Since I feel like we're getting hung up on word selection: the votes on me had nothing to do with my subsequent casing of you, and that my vote on you was based on my read that you were supporting my case without actually reading what I was saying.

OK that is super interesting and not what you said before. I'm phone posting so I can't do the elaborate casework but I am voting you for the bolded. I'll revisit this later with details.

##vote mmt

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

OmegaGoo posted:

Can anyone be 100% sure?

My reasons are that his case against MMT is pretty good and founded in sane logic. To be fair, a followup look will be required. The main point is that King makes no sense as a D1 lynch.

Not that I want to argue this because you are right about me but, did I even have a case on MMT before just now? I was questioning her but I didn't think I had made a case. May just be semantics though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

OK that is super interesting and not what you said before. I'm phone posting so I can't do the elaborate casework but I am voting you for the bolded. I'll revisit this later with details.

##vote mmt

Ok, I have a chance to flesh this out now.

This is what MMT says first about her vote for me:

Murmur Twin posted:

My vote wasn't based on your changing your opinion of Keane, it was based on your liking a bad case that supported your opinion (which made me think it may be fabricated). While I'm not sure what you mean by "flailing", I admit the vote is as flimsy as D1 cases usually are.

So she is saying she voted me because I liked a bad case that supported my opinion.

And then:

Murmur Twin posted:

Since I feel like we're getting hung up on word selection: the votes on me had nothing to do with my subsequent casing of you, and that my vote on you was based on my read that you were supporting my case without actually reading what I was saying.

She is saying she voted me because she doesn't think I read her case and I just agreed despite that since it suited my goals.

It would take an extremely charitable view of what she is saying for these views to be consistent. I think this inconsistency came about because the whole kit and kaboodle is nonsense and she wasn't able to keep her stories consistent.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also on this:

Murmur Twin posted:

You said "I like this" to a case that was based on (a) Keane lying about being apathetic (how is that even scummy?) and (b) involved me changing one of Keane's quotes to reflect the non-serious point I was making. I voted because it didn't seem like a case that anyone who actually read it would genuinely like.

(a) Keane lying about being apathetic is scummy because it allows him to float through the thread without putting forth any opinions on scum, making cases, etc. It was not a joke vote, but I can see why someone would think it was. Your case was a wordier version of this, thus I agreed with it. --- I should point out here that Keane has started engaging with the thread and putting forth opinions, so this is now moot.

(b) This doesn't factor into anything I do. Unless it is an obvious quote fabrication like:

Murmur Twin posted:

I am Scum

I don't go back to every source post to make sure that you aren't loving with us. Why would I? This is such an extremely weird thing to expect from people.

I'm sorry you rolled scum this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

yuming posted:

She did clarify~

Does anyone else think Ecco is scummy? Take a look please.

Hi Yuming. You mentioned having nothing to talk about, but this is something you could totally talk about. Tell us the story of Ecco as scum. What are the things that make you think she is scum? Can you point out specific posts?

Also, there is a fair amount of other stuff floating around right now that could be commented on. Any opinions on any of that?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

QuoProQuid posted:

Getting a greater sense of "flailing" from KB than Murmur because KB is doubling down on a lovely joke case that literally no one likes. Get the sense of trapped scum trying to divert attention to another member of their bandwagon after the experiment goes sour.

Interesting. And you feel the same way after my most recent posts on the subject?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

QuoProQuid posted:

Cool. Please elaborate.

He's not backing up anything he says, trying to participate in the conversation the minimal amount with the minimal amount of words, etc. This seems like scum PinMom to me. But he's not my first choice.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Nothing ANarc or Opop have said feels sincere to me. Opop keeps mischaracterizing my posts in a way that feels agenda-driven, and Anarc keeps giving weird opinions ("Murmur is scum hunting", "imgay is contributing') that have no basis in reality.

I agree with you on the imgay comment. That is pretty weird.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

garthoneeye posted:

Sorry, I haven't posted much yet.

I am a fairly low post count player combined with being away from my computer all day.

In the Murmur Twin-King Burgundy spat I side mostly with Murmur.
I feel KB's posts don't follow from what he quotes Murmur.

He claims Murmur's reasonings have been inconsistent, but I don't think that's true.
Murmur's suspicion of King Burgundy began from an agreement of a bad argument and that opinion hasn't changed.

Either KB has been misreading Murmur consistently or he is intentionally misinterpreting Murmur to try and shake suspicion.

Which do you think it is?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Home. Going to go back and respond to some things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

QuoProQuid posted:

Her case was never intended to be serious, and if you thought it was a good case then you clearly never read it.

I agreed with her case since it was the same as mine. I read it. It jived with my own stated opinion. Why are people having such a hard time seeing that? <---This is my thought process when I first read this post, but I'm caught up on the thread now and I think I see the problem, I'll address it in my response to Murmur.

QuoProQuid posted:

Also, lurker votes are baaaaaaaad.

I disagree with this entirely. Too often on SA Mafia, our scum are lurkers, holding this opinion is why scum win so many games here. I'm not saying it should be the driving force in our scum hunting, but it should definitely be considered.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Ignoring that last quote that I changed, you read:

and thought that constituted proof that Keane isn't actually apathetic?

I finally see the problem. I understand now why we are talking past each other.

No. At no time did I think that you had provided "proof" that Keane wasn't actually apathetic. That wasn't the meaning I took from your post, but upon rereading I can see the issue. Yes, if I had focused on that part of your case, I would indeed have thought it was pretty dumb. My thought process was:

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Keane

His apathy is a mask for evil.

I think Keane is using this apathy thing as a way to remain disengaged in this game for scum reasons.

Murmur Twin posted:

On the surface, Keane would have us think that he isn't invested in the outcome. That, of course, begs the question: why enter a tournament that he doesn't care about?

Wow Murmur, I can't believe someone actually agrees with me on this. I hadn't even thought about the Tournament part, that is even stronger.

---

I read the rest of the post, but obviously didn't give it the weight you were giving it, it was mostly filler for me. Whereas you seem to be saying the whole thrust of your post was the nonsensical "gotcha". That actually removes the conflict in what I thought you had written about voting me, since as it turns out, I certainly didn't read your case the way you meant it. My bad.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

garthoneeye posted:

I don't think you have to explain your vote to the person you're voting for if they press you.

I find this opinion really weird and I don't agree with it, fwiw.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I'm not seeing Opop at all, frankly.

I agree with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING MEAN GENE? WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT THE MANIA, MEAN GENE. WHEN I PRESSED TOP TIER TOM OVER MY HEAD IN A STADIUM WITH AT LEAST 50 PEOPLE WATCHING I KNEW I WOULD LIVE ON FOREVER IN THE MERKAMANIACS

I HAVE TO ASK YOU SOMETHING MEAN GENE? WHATS THIS YUMING SMOKING OVER HERE?

WHERE IS HER VOTE BROTHER? THIS TYPE OF GARBAGE TIME THEATRICS LOOKS LIKE A HEEL TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO TURN OR A HEEL DISTANCING FROM A HEEL BROTHER
-----------------

WHAT DOES SHE WANT THE GAME TO LOOK AT BROTHER? SHE CANT FIND A WAY TO GET INTO THE GAME AND PIN HER OWN HEEL?

------------------

YOU HAVE A DRAFT OF A CASE ON ECCO BUT CANT MAKE IT BECAUSE OF TIME? COME ON BROTHER. THE CASE YOU END UP MAKING COULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN TWO MINUTES

THIS IS A HEEL TRYING TO GET THE FANS TO TURN ON A WRESTLER ONLY TO COME IN AND PILE ON IF THE PILING ON IS PILING ON-ABLE, BROTHER. MEAN GENE.

##vote yuming

This is the case of the game. Slam Dunk.

##vote Yuming

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

code:
 (•_•)
<)   ) ANarc
 /    \

\(•_•)
 (   (> is
 /    \

(•_•)
<)   )>  scum
 /    \

This is beautiful.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I can be here on and off till deadline. But I'd rather be playing games. So let's decide what's happening early.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That's actually pretty convincing.

I guess I'll be fine with either vote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AN, who are your top scum picks at the moment?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

I can be here on and off till deadline. But I'd rather be playing games. So let's decide what's happening early.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

When?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

yuming (8): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, merk, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, Opopanax, Birdstrike, Roydrowsy, QuoProQuid
AnonymousNarcotics (6): Pinterest Mom, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, yuming, garthoneeye, imgay, CCKeane, EccoRaven
imgay (1): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, OmegaGoo
EccoRaven (1): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, CapitalistPig, yuming, yuming, Murmur Twin, CapitalistPig
Roydrowsy (0): TMMadman, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, imgay, QuoProQuid, TMMadman, imgay, QuoProQuid
CapitalistPig (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
merk (0): EccoRaven, Opopanax, EccoRaven, Opopanax
Opopanax (0): merk, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, merk, EccoRaven
King Burgundy (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Pinterest Mom (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
Murmur Twin (0): Pinterest Mom, CapitalistPig, Pinterest Mom, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, King Burgundy
OmegaGoo (0): Roydrowsy, CCKeane, Roydrowsy, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, CCKeane
CCKeane (0): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, OmegaGoo, Birdstrike, Birdstrike, OmegaGoo

Not Voting (1): AnonymousNarcotics

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 24th, 2015 at midnight EDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm confused why yuming wouldn't claim. It's not like she wasn't here at the end. She could have easily turned the tide with that claim.

• Locked thread