Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
Is anyone else working really really hard for really great pay today or is it just me?

(I am a self-employed :smuggo: plastering woman who keeps confusing other tradesmen by being a plasterer by trade and having boobs, apparently this is Not The Done Thing in the North East)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Lucky you lot then! If I could get anyone to schlepp for me I'd be working quite hard for drat good pay. I need a minion.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Rolled Cabbage posted:

I am not working for no money. This is a marginal improvement over all previous employment which was working very hard for poo poo money (and even shitier people).

I spent a lot of last year and this doing no work for no money and once I was doing that properly I felt much better because I no longer had to deal with the 'wonderful' company I was working for.

Now I am working for me and I am sad because I am still not earning the average female full time wage for my area. However I'm not working full time so it balances out.

Vitamins posted:

dont eat our beef though you might get BSE

dont eat our sheep either because foot and mouth

leave it all for me :yum:

Please leave some sheep for me, I could go for a joint of mutton with lots of roasties and goddamnit I've just eaten.

Anyone got any recommendations on how many painkillers you can take without damaging yourself or should I just take the normal amount and have a gin and tonic to go with it?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Jose posted:

you can mix cocodomol/ibuprofen/aspirin at all their standard doses safely afaik

or just get pissed instead i'm not a doctor

already taken painkillers so no getting pissed I suppose then. didn't know you could have ibuprofen and codeine-containing substances at the same time...guess that's how I'm getting through tomorrow then...

also no weed, haven't had any since I lived in london because once you're out of london you don't really need it to cope with the day to day horror of our wonderful capital...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Jose posted:

there is some codeine/ibuprofen mix that you can buy otc so its definitely safe to mix them

have you considered going to see a gp though

I plastered a large ceiling today, I know why I hurt and I know it'll pass, I'd just like to not feel it for a while!

Organic food's ridiculous, expensive and pesticides are still used, just not the ones which people whinge about when they refer to pesticides being bad for the environment.

Vitamins, you made me sad, guess that's tomorrow un-sorted for pain then. However you are extremely right about mutton. Wish it was easier to find these days...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Aramoro posted:

Currently I drive a VW Golf, but it's not a GTi at least.

My favourite car was my mark 2 vw golf gti (2l) - it was a grumpy old man and I drove him very nicely, though enthusiastically.

Also the whole 'pay us 2k to drive a lovely car because you're young' is awful and I'm old and remember my first insurance on a 1.8l car being about £350. I knew someone who really did write off several cars (and lose her license) in the space of a year when she started driving because she loves audis and is a complete twat so perhaps the high insurance is justified in some cases?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Daytime tv ads are really not aimed at my age group. Just because I'm watching star trek / ncis doesn't mean I need a) a steam iron or b) over-50s insurance.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Semprini posted:

Most brides will straight-up murder you if you ruin their wedding day, possibly tell her in advance what you're planning on saying so she can veto any bits involving her that her family shouldn't hear.

Can't overstate this enough. I'm still (a little) grumpy with the best man for a couple of the things he did during the speech and it's been almost 2 years.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

JFairfax posted:

What did he do?

The things party boat said. However just saying it like that doesn't do it justice as it meant party boat knelt in front of the wrong table and downed a warm bottle of lovely alcopop, in front of an extremely confused bunch of family and friends, then everyone got an eyeful of nekkid groom, still looking pretty drunk (hidden genitals, thankfully) as the groomsmen held up a poster about 4' high.

My family still occasionally remark on these things if the subject of weddings come up so I think my grump is at least a little justified...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

what is icing and who do i have to kill to bring it to an end

'Bros'

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Semprini posted:

Their songs weren't that offensive.

One of them at least redeemed themselves by getting ripped and doing an exercise routine with his extendable spear...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Party Boat posted:

oh poo poo

Balls. Sorry darling...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Party Boat posted:

I need to find a new place to discuss my secret scampi fries addiction

It's really not secret, I've seen you eat those things before...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

Kluliss start posting in the running thread again so Ive got someone else who doesnt do 100 mile runs in 3 hours to post with.

If you do in return I will give you the greatest gift - I will allow you to tell me Party Boats deepest darkest secrets so I can make fun of him while you chuckle along safe in the knowledge he will never know who told me his secrets

I'm not posting in there again, they'll make fun of me for having dodgy ankles and doing teeny runs (I ran a whole 1/4 mile this morning but I didn't stop (except to cross a road when there was traffic) which is good?) and wondering about shoes because my feet hurt and not really caring about running as much as everyone else in the thread...

As for secrets, he's a civil servant, he's not old enough to have a string of mistresses (or for anyone to be concerned if he does (except me, I'd be concerned, possibly with an axe)) not in the right position of authority to be able to embezzle and is far too honest to do so anyway, and isn't important enough (you'll get there eventually PB) to have caricatures made of him in political cartoons.

So what I'm saying here is that he has no patio under which to find any skeletons. Just a few sad paving stones in the front garden.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Jose posted:

you probably just hide the corpses/skeletons in the walls before plastering over them

yup, cos no-one notices when you suddenly make their room a foot or so smaller along one wall...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Party Boat posted:

... all my mystery... gone... :qq:

Consider it payback for the best man's speech leaving nothing to the imagination...

Park runs: need to get back into them, don't think I want to do them with anyone I know because I pretend to be a train when running (for breathing purposes) which would make me feel (even) more embarrassed about running in a group.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

DrWrestling69 posted:

I did my first parkrun and was beaten by someone pushing a pram.

Are you me?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

DrWrestling69 posted:

It was one of those sporty prams with the big wheels. And i didnt even do that badly they must have hust been really good at pram running.

Ah, if they're designed for running they're pretty good - you even get to use it to put a little of your weight on, though obvs lose the use of your arms whilst you're running so swings and roundabouts.

Also, you're not me, you have an arm pouch for your phone, I use a belt.

Also also, wondering where I can get a sporty pram, maybe I can put the Dog in it and push her round the course...might help my time...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

goatface posted:

Stick a bag of cement in there, go full Team Hoyt

bag of cement would be a heck of a lot quieter than taking the dog, to be fair...

also I'm pretty sure PB's mentioned the dog before? can I be bothered looking back through the thread? no...someone else who cares more (taff, because otherwise his notebook's not going to be right) can do it...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Nigel Farage posted:

loving Monks?

I thought monks were usually celibate?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

I would like to pet that dog.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

and if pedricko got murdered in the pub yet

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

we must conclude the worst

My brain didn't register much from this except the word 'Pedricko' which meant I read that as 'we must conclude the wurst'.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Can we change the subject please? It's still too early for lunch and I'm really hungry. Go back to complaining about the weather, perhaps? We are British after all. (and yes, summer appears to be over)

Argh, even my av is making me hungry. Tbf it was exceptionally good cake. And not a Kipling so don't go there.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Well, I'm a bit pissed off. The guy who I was supposed to be working with today hasn't told me where I need to be, so I'm going to spend the day watching NCIS and pretending to do housework. Also means he likely isn't going to tell me where the rest of the job is for next week.

Anyone else grumpy this morning or is everyone looking forward to the weekend?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Party Boat posted:

My train's been terminated at Grantham yay

Minion man is standing on the platform looking pissed off

has he turned purple yet?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

I am making the day better; there's chocolate beer bread in the oven. I might just go sit in front of it and watch it until it's ready...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

We love girls, in fact Solefad is the first person to be invited to all goon meets, the 2nd person invited is Party Boats wife.

Objection, I grew out of 'girl' status 20 years ago. I am definitely a woman, not a girl.

...yes I do get grumpy about being infantilised, wouldn't you?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

Are you offering to be my mummy?

I...

No? Also, hell no?

Also also, a woman != mother

Bobby Deluxe posted:

please dont kinkshame or femaleshame in this place of peace

Can I peaceshame?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

CancerCakes posted:

I did my first park run this morning, it was OK. Hampstead heath is a motherfucker.

Now I shall eat enough food to wipe out any health benefits of that exercise.

This is the purpose of parkruns, they're specifically so you can eat everything in sight afterwards but still feel good because you ran with a couple of hundred other people.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Vitamins posted:

its stormy

it's supposed to get stormy here later. going to have a very pissed off dog...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Jose posted:

the storm has arrived

We had one rumble of thunder and that was it...boring, but at least the dog's not going nuts.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Jose posted:

it was more the rain but lookingout the window teh cloud is already clearing. a shameful storm

It was very shameful, however it's back now and we have a dog that's shaking and pacing around the house :(

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

corn in the fridge posted:

ive already told her im buying one and she can't stop me but in an effort to appease her ive agreed to wait till after xmas to see if the price drops

I hope that you didn't actually say the first part of this sentence...the second half (waiting until after christmas) is a sensible idea. It is always sensible to allow yourself to get something nice every now and then, otherwise saving for a house just feels really rubbish because you can't see any return on not having shiny things for the 5 years you're saving up...if she's been looking at anything shiny and pining as well, then you could make a pact that you both get to buy the shiny thing but no more until the next year?

(oldpost reply, sorry! Jose, there's no way you can hear our dog from here; I know because we can't hear our old next-door neighbours fighting, and you're at least that far away from us. So nice not having fighty neighbours any more)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

Its £300 its hardly something thats breaking the bank

depends how much you're earning and what disposable income you have....and apparently whether or not you're saving for a house with your partner...

I still view £300 as quite a lot of money...hell, it's our mortgage for a start :D

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Slash posted:

Office is half empty, everyone must have taken Friday off to get a long weekend.

Going to SW4 tomorrow - train picnic and beers on the way there, try and find the train station on the way home. Should be a good day, Faithless are playing.

What are your Bank Holiday weekend plans UK goons?

Visiting Mother*, then going to a friend's wedding and staying in a reasonably fancy hotel. Dog staying with mother in law, hurrah! Driving down to Epping from Newcastle, less hurrah.

Also Faithless are pretty good, enjoy.

*this is the slightly less enjoyable part of the weekend but is making our lives easier and cheaper as she'll be feeding us tomorrow. Yes, of course this is important information.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Jose posted:

i went to palmersville chippy for lunch and now i'm struggling to stay awake at work

Much better than Forest Hall Fisheries, but not better than the sausage sarnies we just had.

Coffee?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Party Boat posted:

Kluliss said she would do some baking today but then we spent too long at my mam's and no baking happened :(

Terrible isn't it :( I really wanted homemade cheese straws and some sort of biscuits for our road-trip as well. And to fortify myself against mother, of course. If in doubt, eat biscuits.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

what is wrong with you people, get a pint of ben & jerry's you weirdos, works out much cheaper and you have nicer ice-cream.

I may have eaten half a pint of choc fudge brownie. totally worth it.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

running *dies*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

it's getting cold. what cool stews etc should i plan for the next few meals

there's only one sort of stew; meat, veg, stock of whatever variety you like, herbs, bung all together with a bit extra water in a large pan and cook. add to it every day and have never-ending-stew-of-your-grandfather or something.