Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mister Adequate posted:

Hello, I am new to Star Citizen, but it looks like just the kind of modern update to games like Freelancer I would love to play.

NINE HUNDRED loving DOLLARS FOR AN IN-GAME SHIP?

Okay so explain it to me, is this poo poo a shortcut or are they actually restricted so you have to pay 90 real SA forum accounts to get the thing?

I mean, putting aside that it doesn't exist and apparently never will.

Actually if there's an effortpost in the old thread about how the whole thing was supposed to operate, that'd be neat, because it kind of looks to me like even if they were delivering everything as promised it would still be completely goddamn insane.

not falling for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

willus posted:

is one of the famous star citizens a noted pedophile too?
"one of"?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

hahahaha

AP posted:

VAT at 20%. Ships bought with RSI credits are not charged VAT.

At least there's a slight chance the government will do something useful with their cut.

Star Citizenry benefits everyone

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

cosby i love you bro but theres only like 2 dudes in this thread who still believe in Star Citizen, you are literally preaching to the choir

I'd estimate a third of the people who post here arent even backers, we just came for the hijinx

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Madcosby posted:

Ap claims I keep posting poo poo he already knows yet still thinks a game is coming out and a jpg of a spaceship might be "worth holding on to"

Hence why I have to keep repeating myself.

lmao

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Most of the white knights are just trolling the "LOLOLOL this doesn't exist" goons because they're too dumb to realize this is basically just games gbs with surprise guest appearances from random reddit star citizen fans and a healthy dose of burgin'. The thread the lololol goons think they're trolling hasn't existed in well over a year when it went on a roadtrip through the forums with a nice, long visit to GBS proper. I don't mean to spoil the fun, but now that I got my refund I'm debating if I should put it towards a grill and want suggestions.

I spent a house payment on a fancy gas grill last year and still do 80% of my grilling on a Weber Kettle. It's a classic for a reason.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Battletech just hit $1M.

nerds literally never learn

edit: oh harebrained schemes are the Shadowrun Returns guys. I have faith they will at least produce a game, then

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 30, 2015

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Star Citizen? More like Stupid Bullshit Citizen :smug:

:vince:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I wish more CEOs would respond to articles by making personal attacks on the reporter

it';s refreshing

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Truga posted:

So did CR actually refute any claims there? Or are we still in the Baghdad Bob phase?

According to the reddit thread, he dealt the "detractors" a fatal blow and possibly brought the Escapist to its knees

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Adventure Pigeon posted:

"Hmmm... how do I calm the agitated masses and restore dignity to my game in this time of trouble"

*begins to type out the word 'Gamergate'*

lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Can't wait to read Croberts' angry email about this guy

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

quote:

Thing you have to understand about this article on the escapist, is that everything from these supposed ‘sources’ (which are completely anonymous btw) are all saying the same exact thing derek smart claimed on his blog, except in the first person, not the third.

quote:

So, when CIG is still operating in a few months (which you push forward the BS claim that they can’t afford to do), will you retract this joke of an “article”? This is disgusting, and only reflects on your poor skills as a journalist. I’m embarrassed for Forbes.

quote:

My judgement made me go and donate another $1000 to the SC development because of all you so called “journalists”.
“The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.” — Chinese proverb.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" -- Chinese proverb

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Irrational Man posted:

If you're really interested in learning, check out Anita Sarkeesian's series on women in gaming to see how sexism is rampant in the culture and industry.

Well played

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

OhDearGodNo posted:

People seem to be surprised over how crazy the SC cult is.

Has everyone forgotten this?

http://youtu.be/blPpnnSOiwk

holy moley

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I've handled a reasonable amount of defamation work and I've never seen (or written) a demand letter like that. I mean demand letters are common but not whiny five page ones filled with sick burns and then published on the internet. I can't imagine they are going to follow through with this lawsuit but I would love to be wrong.

tooterfish posted:

Is typing up threats of a lawsuit smack bang in the middle of the weekend standard legal practice?
Yes, absolutely, if your purely hypothetical butthurt cokehead of a client is all in a tizzy you get that poo poo done asap

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

That said I sure hope Lizzy has better poo poo in her back pocket than Lanyardgate, the escapist isn't nearly as untouchable on this as some of you seem to think

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

god, the buttons on that poor shirt

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

The letter's actually dated Friday, Chris was just too busy comforting a sobbing Sandi to post it until yesterday

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Gryphon0468 posted:

You're all such huge hypocrites it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. Not believing a word CR says but lapping up the drivel of DS and the crappy games media articles. I'm gonna be hanging around here with a big grin on my face soaking in every word you dumb asses say until CIG releases exactly what they said they would.

same

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

god I love Randy Orton

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Bootcha posted:

I HAVE BEEN INFUSED WITH GREAT PURPOSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

every single time I think this thread can't get better I'm wrong

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Derek Smart reminds me of Jerry from Parks and Rec

He's got to be surprised people are still listening

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

:chanpop:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

Once again Derek Smart fails us. Why should we trust what someone that can't keep a release date says?

:justpost:

maybe it got held up in legal

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Derek Smart vanishes for less than 2 hours and we devolve into infighting and #freekimsemus-ing

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ShredsYouSay posted:

When you say "corporal punishment" what did that entail?

Nothin' too serious, he just makes his kid put his hands on the table and then whips him with a belt 3-5 times. You know, as you do.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Shala posted:

I'm sure he'll have a good, overly detailed answer.

Dude talks about it like he's done it in front of a judge before.

He's already written volumes about the appropriate way to hit your kid with a belt tbqh, not sure we need more of it itt when Derek Smart is gonna drop that hot fire on us any minute now

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Wafflz posted:

He didn't start writing til this morning, did he?

Has Dr. Smart ever let us down before? He's got this.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I can't even believe a lawyer wrote that 9/30 "Cease and Desist" letter to Derek Smart. That is loving embarrassing. If a first year handed me that thing as a draft I would never work with them again.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

D_Smart posted:

I told you guys this project was FUBAR. There you have it. You're welcome.

You have brought so much joy into my life Dr. Smart

I think I might love you more than I love certain family members

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

This is like the Bill Pullman speech from Independence Day except worse in every conceivable way

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

You've been declared a suppressive person, you're fair game now. Such a fall from grace must not go unpunished.

Wait, who is that quote referring to?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Decrepus posted:

I hope if reddit takes a single thing from looking at SA, it is what a properly loving formatted forum looks like.

sorry but flat browsing is idiotic and makes it very hard to follow a single conversation thread

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Sarsapariller posted:

Pledging and pledging in the widening gyre
The model spaceship cannot hear the modeler;
Things fall apart; the Croberts cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The goon-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of rear admiral packages.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Derek's Blog
Troubles my sight: a waste of fanboy cash;
A shape with pubeless body and the head of a woman,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant Citizens.

The pledge counter drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a journalist's article,
And what rough beast, her hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Something Awful to shitpost?

:vince:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

D_Smart posted:

uhm no, that was not the reason. This is the preceding tweet. It's all about context, you see.

Rev. Dr. Smart, buddy, you gotta focus on what's important

Kate Russell making a dumb video is not important

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Dark Off posted:

consider it done

would

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

D_Smart posted:

So apparently DickWulf has now started posting on Twitter that we doxed his wife on SA forum (so he probably has an SA account). Public LinkedIn profiles is doxing now apparently.

That lying punk. This is him btw. Apparently he's from Alaska.

lmao

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Madcosby posted:

d smart doesnt seem to have an issue doxxing or threatening to doxx people if it's in the name of his crusade

we should ban him

Martin Luther King was a plagiarist. Winston Churchill was a drunk. John Paul II turned a blind eye to child abuse. Elizabeth Cady Stanton was racist as gently caress.

Great men and women are flawed. But we have to accept our heroes, flaws and all, if we are to benefit from their greatness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Dr. Smart do you think Genghis Khan let the rabble of his empire tell him how best to be a warlord?? No. Nor should you let the everygoon whine their way into controlling your actions.

• Locked thread