Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

RabbitWizard posted:

When the common fence gets startled, it can sacrifice its spikes to confuse predators:

Bbloddy hell. Couldn't help thinking of:

http://youtu.be/uIqa11NCbmA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ms Boods posted:

I know the safety PSAs are from a few pages back, but I'm just catching up with this thread on my extra-hour-set-the-clocks-back Sunday: enjoy a very British PSA about why you shouldn't play on the train tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slJyhOEo-SY

It looks like something produced by the Scarfolk Council, but my now 48 year old husband says it freaked him out as a little'un in the '70s.

They used to show us these things at school when I was a youngster. There was one called 'Apaches' about a gang of kids dying in various horrible and grisly ways while playing on a farm that they made us watch (probably because we lived in a rural area with plenty of farms to go play on). Drowning in slurry was the worst one I think *shudder*

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Bip Roberts posted:

When I live Scotland we watched the PSA where the kid got his football cleats stuck in the train tracks then the train cut off his arms and legs.

He was called Bobby in the film iirc.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Parkingtigers posted:

The schadenfreude is that you're all arguing over lovely American candies that taste like shaved dog bollocks when the true king of yellow sweets is Sherbert Lemons. http://www.amazon.com/Bassetts-Sherbert-Lemons-200g-192g/dp/B004AVCLK2

Qft. They're like yellow crack.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I have so many questions, the first of which is 'why is she sitting naked on an outside dunny?'

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Things I didn't need to learn this week #1. :gonk:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

EZipperelli posted:

It's a miscarriage of justice that you're at a loss as to what this is in reference to...

Pun-tastic.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

PRADA SLUT posted:

It's only a matter of time before someone drives themselves in front of a bus with some jerky motion to avoid something.

A 15 year old kid already did that in London although I think he fell off the pavement in front of the bus and got run over and died. I don't think you can buy them here in the UK now, at least the larger retailers have taken them off the shelves.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Hahaha wtf I never heard this:

MorgaineDax posted:

Segway schadenfreude peaked when the CEO died after driving his off a cliff. Until a CEO hoverboards himself through a plate glass window 20 stories up, there's no contest.

He was the guy that invented HESCO fencing not a Segway guy.

Yeah I know, STFU about hoverboards.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Parkingtigers posted:

He went in for a hard tackle, marked his man, demonstrated excellent ball control, and dribbled in the box before shooting.

:captainpop:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

AzureSkys posted:

and children being kicked.

:thurman:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MrSmokes posted:

We've traced the schadenfreude. It's coming from inside the thread.

It always does mate.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

KoRMaK posted:

Who said that? I didn't say that. Why would you assume I said that?

You monster.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

CowboyKid posted:

I think we shouldn't have a tipping system in restaurants and all baby boys should be circumcised and that if you have a penis, you are a boy.

How should I cook steak?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

:stare: :gonk:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I imagine the enormous salary also helps.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Is that custard? Lol.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Strudel Man posted:

It probably wouldn't do that much damage, though. Big tires.

I think you should post footage of yourself being run over by a tractor just to make sure.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Somfin posted:

People who do calls like that get hosed if a call wastes their time and doesn't end in a sale. You're not sending any kind of message any higher up than potentially that caller's supervisor, who is also a wage slave.

E: I yelled at a receptionist for an hour until she cried. She missed three calls and now she has to go to a meeting to discuss her efficiency. Take that, Microsoft!

Serves them right for having such a poo poo job.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah. I don't see why some parties are exempt from the do not call list. I don't want calls from political parties stumping for their candidate, or even my own bank, if it's just to advertise some new service they're offering.

It's not really a problem, since call display is so ubiquitous these days that no one answers their phones unless they recognize the number, but still, why even make the call in the first place. Once the boomers are gone, since they're pretty much the last bloc of landline users, I could see telemarketing and other such phone based annoyances start to disappear. No point in making cold calls if literally no one will pick up their phone.

Except that every company you've ever dealt with that has your mobile number has sold it over and over again to many many telemarketing, accident solicitor and lots of other companies. So they'll give up calling landlines and call you while you're in the car.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Tiggum posted:

I don't think you can go to jail for "maybe thinking about committing a crime in the future" either.

Have you seen Minority Report??

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Wanamingo posted:

For some drat reason they don't embed in the preview, but they do when you actually make the post.

http://i.imgur.com/hp9RB6Q.gifv

making the post pictured here

You see that just shows up as a still image for me (iPad).

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Scarf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaduEUGI5Bw

Puddle of Mudd (I know, I can't believe they're still around either) abandons their lead singer on stage, so he starts on some rant. Unfortunately I can't find a video of them actually leaving the stage. Also, some annoying rear end in a top hat just keeps yelling "gently caress you" so it's hard to hear what the singer is saying.

Wow this happened again last week when they played at the Diamond Lounge in my town. They were average, at best.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

loving beautiful. The pepper spray aim, not the girl.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I know what you mean. It's such a harrowing story. I remember the news when it happened, it seemed impossible that so many were dead from one ship.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rick_Hunter posted:

It's a good deterrent but fines like that are loving ridiculous when they aren't a 'public safety' concern. I once got ticketed $450 for parking in a handicap spot.

Well that opened a can of worms...

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

belt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5nf1s-8po&t=169s

2:49 Holy cow, this is like when your fireworks don't go off on the 4th of July.... What the gently caress do we do now?

They demolished it the next day.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2016-04-11/harworth-landmark-tower-finally-comes-down/

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

amityville anus posted:

Cross posting from the meme thread because so far this page sucks

I think you just redeemed the last few sucky pages.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Korgan posted:

Is it ok to punch someone if they're a retarded circumsised non-tipper who put ketchup on their well-done steak before pushing your child into a cake

Depends if they take their coffee black or full of cream and sugar.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Weatherman posted:

hey i found a machine gun

You motherfucker.

Do you tip in restaurants?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Mister Mind posted:

I'll try to be there for her next time.

:aatrek:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Strudel Man posted:

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only. No parking.

Look Betty, don't start up with your white zone poo poo again. There's just no stopping in a white zone.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

tunah posted:

Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.

It's really the only sensible thing to do. If its done safely, therapeutically, there's no danger involved.

:v:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Data Graham posted:

Air Force None

:perfect:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

FuhrerHat posted:

This isn't why it happened and it is important that it isn't assumed to be.

Important to you, maybe.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

omnibobb posted:

Like... what was the original goal? Best case scenario, what's the outcome?

"I bet you can't ride that dirt bike up my dirt box'.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Mak0rz posted:

Is that poo poo under his left arm some kind of growth or a bad burn?

Yes.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ratjaculation posted:

The things were originally designed to knaw through human bones.

So far...

Really??

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kruller posted:

I too am weeping in the office because of that bear eating poo poo so loving hard. My god.

Amazing. I just nearly choked to death on South African Pinotage and Cheddar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

:stare: :ohdear: