Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

This thread is really moving now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

I believe that we as the community are curators and docents of the SA star citizen thread shitposting, we have the opportunity to bolster and clarify what shitposting is for new and potential posters.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

So looking at the stretch goals they are promising pets on spaceships.

Does this mean that if I bring my dog on my spaceship and get blown up, my dog gets spaced and dies?

Do I have to buy a new dog?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Danknificent posted:

Good lord I just spent 75 dollars to get E:D and the Horizons beta and that feels like a lot, and I'm pretty comfortable.

Kind of puts the SC spending figures in this thread in perspective for me. Yeesh.

I just spent 15 dollars on sweatpants and I' m pretty comfortable :smug:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

I just bought the blue collar package and I've been speaking in tongues for the past twenty minutes is this normal?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

wait a second is it the actual Derek Smart posting in this thread?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Are the people funding Star Citizen the ones who really liked sitting on the station couch in EVE?

It seems like CCP had the idea for the BDSSE but then they released Incarna and everyone hated it

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

FUN GAMEPLAY coming soon to 'verse near you :wink:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Should I be rebalancing my portfolio out of Star Citizen and into SA forums account upgrades?

I am loving these rotating elephants

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

hey it's octopode again

edit: octopode is one of my favorite star citizen characters, he has appeared in some of the funniest pages of the Star Citizen thread

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Eonwe is just the kind of strong shitposting role model this thread needs

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

G0RF posted:

Star Sisyphus.

gif is me trying to keep up to date reading this thread

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

what is the stretch goal for procedural generation of plumage patterns and beak shapes on the birds?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Eonwe posted:

you guys should watch the red letter media reviews

haha i did

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

just want everyone in the thread to know that if you were on fire i WOULD take the time to piss on you

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

star citizen sucks

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

i hope he can finish all of that pizza :suspense:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Eonwe posted:

remember when CIG literally had a cake and sang happy birthday to star citizen

so is it 3 years old or 4?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Synagogue of Smart? Is this a lazy attempt at alliteration or are we dealing with an anti-Semitic auditor?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Ravane posted:

Star Citizen: Is Star Citizen a Gay Pride Parade?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/79264/moderator-censorship-eliminates-exposure-of-moderator-bias#latest

Being gay is just a personal belief. :colbert:

excuse me you have to be tollerant about intollerance :colbert:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

you will post in this thread every day until the game comes out

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

CIG runs on the same funding model as NPR

NPR should try offering jpgs of tote bags and coffee mugs instead of real ones they could raise a lot more money I think

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

:lesnick: is Ira Glass and those two radiolab guys in a costume pretending to be one person

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Maybe we're the crazy ones?

I can't stop thinking about it
even at work I keep checking the thread, looking at rsi forums for stuff to screencap
I already made 4 or 5 shitposts today but then today I saw that incredibly stupid reddit post and oh boy
i just couldn't hold back
my hands are shaking as I put them to the keys

Hey thread, do you think I need help or just to post more?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

I have found happiness and it's :yarg:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

serious norman posted:

Any updates on the bird mechanics?

real time evolution of beak shapes

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

I'm been like hollow, death too

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Space Skeleton posted:

This has a hunger meter, right? It's not immersive enough without both a hunger and thirst meter. If you fill them too high you should get slower.

of course it has them also you will have to go to the bathroom that's why it's important to buy pledge and receive as a gift a ship with a toilet

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Lowtax posted:

I WON CUSTODY OF MY KID BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY NOW I GET SPACESHIP JPGS TO FLY IN DA VERSE

It's the same forum post, star citizen also makes me a lot happier than my stupid disappointing children

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

I missed page 1000 :smith:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

getting a bit recipe thin here and i'm hungry

can someone post a good foie gras recipe? I don't trust the first results on google.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

darkbeast kaarl

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Does lowtax know that allowing some of these gifs to be posted on his website could be considered aiding and abetting corporate espionage?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

:wow:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

EminusSleepus posted:

Beer you are such a drat special malt, look because of your long emails CIG has decided to add more CS people just to properly handle your tickets lol

responses to beer's emails are actually the result of collaboration between all members of the CS team, they get into a conference room and hash it out line by line over the course of a few hours

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

How much does Ben weigh?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Hey so it seems like Eonwe stopped posting about it, did they let Kimsemus out?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Eonwe posted:

i posted about it yesterday!!!! they have not

Oh wow, sorry I see it now. What a shame

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

at this time I would like to float the idea of securitizing the jpgs and then redistributing those securities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

So from the standpoint of Plato's world of forms, the concept is the most pure and true pixel spaceship right? Or is even the concept of the star citizen ship already a derivation of some other higher form?

I don't really understand Plato's philosophy, but I guess what I'm trying to as is basically this:

If Plato were still alive today, how much money would he have put into Star Citizen?

• Locked thread