Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Hi, I'm new. I've been following since the previous Star Citizen thread that got locked down. Thought I'd finally register due to all the entertainment and lol's I've had from both threads. I'm also the one that asked in the CIG stream earlier if Sandi had a reflection and got banned.

I've also attached a photo of my cat Kitsa, who has an extra toe on both front paws.

print screen windows 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

yeah thanks for the links to that awesome print screen app FINALLY a solution for all my screen dump needs

Oops. My bad, silly postimage. To make it up to you, enjoy this secret CIG Staff meeting in Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ieFrMGT83c&t=64s

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

G0RF posted:

I just logged in to see if anyone could explain the Vanduul Glaive ship scale questions and I've been laughing so hard at the replies that my wife asked me to tell her what's cracking me up so much. I tried but as with so much of the best Star Citizen humor, it's a bit like translating a joke to another language - the nuances get lost. Still, thanks for the answers gents.

I tried to explain to my fiancee the whole Star Citizen thing and about how dudes were taking out second mortgages, deciding on whether or not to pay their rent or buy another picture of a spaceship, lying to their wives about financials, dumping 30k into a game that's not even out yet...needless to say she didn't believe this was a thing.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

I'm really excited to find out who Erillion is on the mmorpg.com forums.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/445077/star-marine-news-and-two-devs-leave/p13

dsmart
"Hey Guis!!

Look at all this mean stuff this guy wrote. Then he came up with this too. I mean seriously, he's begging to be sued, right?

ktnx bye

ps: We now know who Erillion is. Going to figure out how to break the news to you denizens without being accused of doxing. It's a doozy. But my guess is that some of you already suspected all this time. "

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Young Freud posted:

My guess: it's Dolvak with all the INN links and name drops.

Didn't even think about Dolvak, I guess it's more plausible then Ben or Hobo but I can dream can't I?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Does someone have a link or the saved picture of disco lando in front of a Porsche that was around but then covered up by CIG?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/677222716408131584

e: It also gives a beautiful visual explanation as to why the livestream was so poo poo. lol

Thank you, I love you.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

It's so easy to play that guy. Had some lols in between wank seshs.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

All I hear is Lando's nose breathing. Pretty sure there's exactly 3 boogs in there.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

I saw that, RIP. I like how when he sees a question he doesn't want to answer he just keeps rambling on until a fanboy question shows up.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

At least they answered my Chicken talon question.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

This stream is such a cluster gently caress. Pretty sure an orgy is about to happen.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

fuzzknot posted:

I'm glad I'm not watching whatever y'all are. The soup was definitely a better use of my time, with or without burning the place down.

http://imgur.com/nY3Ys98

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

ilovecig: whos disco lando

Disco Lando: "Well played ilovecig"

ilovecig = me.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

I'm amused by the fact that Stardew Valley (A game made entirely by one man over the course of 4 years) had more viewers on twitch during the release announcement then SC has had on any of their recent streams by actual legit non SA viewers.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

It's really creepy that Lando never makes eye contact with anyone while they're talking to him. Am I the only one who finds this weird?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

I asked if I could run SC on a dell, i got banned.

Make another account,

i type this in:

ilovecig3: i have a condition where i can only jerk off if i hear other peoples voices live

it's completely fine. im still not banned.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Standard CIG moderation.

I also got banned for saying the louis ck lookalike sperg in the middle was gary oldman.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

http://postimage.org/

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

zcrow posted:

lol derp dream

I want this on canvas above my shitter.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Star Citizen will be a COD killer guys, it will be more "lethal" than COD ever was. Don't you forget it.

p.s. assembling 40k orks sucks so much, plz halp

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Hope you like dry brushing green, because you are going to be dry brushing a lot of green.

I'm doing a grot themed army, including some FW stuff like grot tanks, an rear end-ton of mek gunz, an ork themed aegis defence line, etc. I also have a Stompa I'm working on.....I love the Ork fluff. Excited for Battlefleet Gothic and Total War:Warhammer this year hnggggg. WAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

http://postimage.org/

Goobs fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 1, 2016

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Oh dont get me started, I love Orks, best race ever and fun army to play, all they need is a half decent codex. Would be playing them now if not for money constraints.

Really wish we had a 40k space sim rather this shite cig are half arsing.

Eternal Crusade - WHEN IT WAS ANNOUNCED - was basically what Star Citizen set out to do. You'd have your own chapter (clan) assault cruiser or whatever race you were's capital ship, you'd fly around to different planets just wrecking poo poo and fighting against the other races (At launch they were going to have Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks, Eldar). Once in a while when a chapter or clan held a planet too long (Certain planets had certain resources etc) the tyranids would show up and you'd have to kick rear end starship troopers style to defend against the swarm.

Eternal Crusade as it is now, is basically a more sluggish version of Space Marine with just as sluggish online fighting. While it being sad, at least Behavioral knew that they couldnt pull it off and altered the scope...you know, instead of plugging ahead like CR did.

Dusty Lens posted:

Well I'll be gosh darned.

So hyped for this game you don't even know.

Gilganixon posted:

i had an ork army once and it drat near bankrupted me. I briefly considered doing a grot army, they used to be like 3 points each but still cost plenty. you'd need hundreds of them for an army.

welp, godspeed!

The new codex makes it easier, they have mek gunz crewed by like 5 grots now and you can have 5 of them in 1 heavy support choice so it's basically a grot artillery battery, you can even shoot bubbles out of them...the randomness of AP and Strength make its hilarious (sometimes sad).

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

fuctifino posted:

So I'm wondering if that showreel is Sandi's way of handling the walking-out, by re-creating reality? It was just something that stood out for me...

It was probably one of those George Costanza moments where he spends like, days thinking of a good comeback to something that was said to him earlier that week and tries to get into a situation where he can use that comeback. Replace George Costanza with Sandi and the person who said the insult with Chelsea. The only way Sandi would get a chance to vent her sweet comeback would be in a fake scenario where it ends with Sam Fisher infiltrating the CIG office she's in and killing her.

e: just finished assembling 20 grots and 2 runtherders. done for the night.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Remember when Lowtax posted that article and people were having difficulties figuring out if it was real or not? Those were good times.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

SuitDude posted:

Thinking about buying into this game with a starter pack or something. Is the community GamerGate friendly or no?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

I can't stop looking at CR's chins.

e: also lol at sandi's in and out again accent that seems to go away then come back randomly.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

So wait is this in the PU? Is this what Roberts was talking about in his comments? Looks pretty good.

That map has more content in it than the entirety of what "Star Citizen" is now. Amusing.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

The Meat Dimension posted:

Hello friends does anybody have a link to the old Star Citizen v1 thread?

Also how did you find it? Its not in my post history and google is full of GBS.

Yes I have archives.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337

Dis wan?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

James Brand doing his thang.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

omfg. im dying.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

G0RF posted:

Speaking of the meta-drama, i_still_trust_cig named you and Daltek as known trolls on Lando's most recent Twitch appearance. Lando had quite abit to say about trolls not long thereafter. Watch your back man.

Pretty sure I_still _trust_cig is a goon, they posted here with a screenshot when they were logged in not too long ago.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Chris probably thought this was a video on what to do with your arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAioN2mtsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfv1FhdaBBk

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

BMan posted:

That was G0RF :v:

Yeah, I'm a tard. Woopsy.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

G0RF posted:

The plot thickens...

----

Also, interesting responses to the story about the SQ42 / Star Citizen split on Engadget:

...this is amazing.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

skaboomizzy posted:

There hasn't been a lot of buttcoin news lately, but yeah, it was up there.

Buttcoin sounds like a currency used at blipz and chitz.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

This is basically how I figure everyone who is a white knight is like. I just assume they're SUPER into anime and have creepy statues of schoolgirls all around their house.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

I actually cringed. I have noticed though that the Weabo population is pretty high in SC, which, if I didn't have a mind of my own and already have gotten the hell away from this lovely project, would of scared me away eventually anyway.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

I like how they had to keep CR away from this guy because they probably thought he was such a white knight they thought he was going to steal some of CR's hairs and make a little doll out of it then eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Exioce posted:

So it's been a while since Star Citizen crossed my mind, and so here I am. Jokes aside, is this a thing that looks like it might become real yet, and if it becomes real might it actually be good?

No.

• Locked thread