Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

MVP posted:

Why is Sandi not a good actress?

https://vimeo.com/49705991

PAAARP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

skit herre posted:

I'll buy a new Av or Plat for the first goon to turn this into a nice looking :gary:

:toxx:

46 seconds mark if anyone wants to cap a better quality version

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

pftc posted:

Caption this

looks like a mini convertible

which is actually quite a reasonably priced car

would've expected a BMW or porsche

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

2DCAT posted:

that's not a mini; the seats in the mini are different. It looks more similar to the audi tt, but even then, i don't think it's that.

EDIT: yeah, its the z8

i was going off of the windowscreen and the door handles, the new minis look quite similar. poster above said it was a bmw z8 which looks more like it!

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
am i too late to hop on the cat bandwagon

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
springtime for roberts and RSI

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

I did a more fluid one.

:yarg:

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Why is legal next to the bosses instead of being confined to the admin area or whatever

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Dapper Dan posted:

My question is: why do they have an in house mocap studio? They spent millions upon millions of dollars mocapping actors for two months and god knows how many man hours loving around with the data and models to make them functional. They also hired a studio in Manchester to do this for them.

Are they going to be taking on work for other studios for more revenue? Will they offer movies mocap services? If not and it is just for SC, then loving why do you have so much mocap in a space sim and what is the point of having one in house when you hired a studio in Manchester which is probably loving cheaper than making your own from scratch?

The mind truly boggles.

Clearly they're going to syndicate an online Star Citizen show and charge people for it

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I know it's not unique to them, but I love how whenever someone has some vaguely negative thing to say about SC and the community you get a few of the weirdos coming in to the twitter feed or comments sections trying to 'educate' everyone on how wrong the person making the statements are, but do it in such an overbearing and condescending way that it's completely unhelpful to their message.

all I did was point out on a status that it was lovely of RSI to charge people money to receive development information first

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBfxjSFAxQ

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

EminusSleepus posted:

I bet those are Austin positions

I looked at the job page earlier today and it still has positions on there from June that have either gone unfilled or the HR dept are too lazy to take them down

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Oct 22nd - Refund Request Sent
Oct 23rd - Mass email from Patrick about high ticket loads
Oct 29th - Generic email from CIG about refunds, asking about press articles
Nov 4th - Chaser email sent
Nov 6th - Mass email from Mike about high ticket loads
Nov 13th - Mass email from Mike about high ticket loads
Nov 18th - I sent an email complaining about generic emails being sent and gave a deadline of 23rd Nov before a chargeback is issued
Nov 20th - Email from Mike asking me to confirm Paypal address, not addressed to me personally so likely another generic email
Nov 20th - Mass email from Mike about high ticket load (110+ tickets in his queue)
Nov 23rd - Mass email from Mike about high ticket loads

On the phone now to the bank

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

quote:

Hey there,

Thank you for your patience thus far. I am happy to confirm that I have actioned the refund for $110.00 USD via PayPal Send Money. It can take up to 30 working days for the funds to appear. Should you have any further questions or concerns let me know.

Your account has been permanently de-activated. Should you wish to return in the future you can create a new account with the same details.

Thanks,
Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6c70hPa8iU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
what happened to the guy that was summonsed to court to explain his internet posts

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Watching Wing Commander. It's not that bad!

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
So Star Marine is out now? This is some 1984 poo poo. Double Plus Good

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
I've been out of the loop for about 1500 pages since I got my refund. I see that Star Citizen is no closer to be released and that in one of their recent announcements they're talking about rebuilding the backend. Again. It's like I never left!

What delicious jpegs have they been selling recently? Can't wait to see this ELE that Derek is on about. I wonder if it's linked to the Panama Papers being released? Wouldn't that be something

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Variable 5 posted:

It's happening. Just wait. Two weeks. They're hosed. The end. Period.

approaching croberts level of hype here

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Does anyone have any knowledge of the CIG Austin office?

Looks like they subleased a giant proportion of it in December 2013

http://ecrtx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/13420_Galleria_Flyer_Sublease.pdf

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Mendrian posted:

Also how the gently caress did this guy get to Syria? It sounds like he'd have a hard time getting out of the house without being arrested, reading some of his posts.

He racked up $40,000 in credit card debt so I'd be willing to bet a fair few palms were greased

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

OB_Juan posted:

What does E.L.E. stand for?

Extinction Level Event

I thought this was a joke but yes this is actually what people are referring to this as

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

SomethingJones posted:

"a very deprived part of England called 'the North'"

She just gave herself away, release the sea monsters.

gently caress her she makes it sound like we're all flat cap doffing coal miners

shine ya shoes guvna?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ShitLesnickSaid

more twitter accounts popping up

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ShitLesnickSaid/status/721388216100790272

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Phi230 posted:

Anybody have the screenshots of Ben banning that girl who was being sexually harrassed?

They all think you are in league with me and I am summoning my horde of goons to defend my honour :laugh:

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Ezekeel posted:

The more I look the more I find. How many horrible stuff can be hidden in a finite number of only 20k quotes. Or is this hell and the horror will never stop?

https://twitter.com/ShitLesnickSaid is up to nearly 70 tweets now and they've all been objectively awful

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Ragequit posted:

If it helps bypass weirdness, you can PM me the name and I can post a screenshot of the PM. That way it's me doing the deed. You can then confirm I didn't edit anything.

Doxxing isn't a good idea, wait for mod approval

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

SurfaceDetail posted:

getting the vibe he and ben werent friends lol

This is sweet revenge for Ben ripping into Disco on the last ATV about the leak that happened ages ago

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

It should be possible to figure out in what year those pictures were taken and prove how old he was at the time.

We can get his date of birth from his website; 19th April 1981

And as for the news stills, they were taken between 2002 and 2003 according to the file names. So that would make him 22 when he was doing it.

Old enough to know better.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Duckaerobics posted:

Damage control has begun.

I almost can't believe they aren't going to fire him. Almost.

I can't believe the website is still up

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
The sheer mental gymnastics involved in the average Star Shitizen's head for dismissing the Lesnick website is baffling. The whole spectrum ranges from "Well, Hitler was a good leader" to "This is an elaborate goon hoax"

How

Why

What

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Eonwe posted:

REMEMBER HOW YEARS AGO DEREK MAYBE PUNCHED A COKE MACHINE? THAT MAKES HIM BAD

oh, Ben said terrible poo poo years ago? thats a long time, he could be a completely different person now

I was arguing my own corner with my own opinions on Facepunch and was instantly branded a Derek Smart follower / lover.

There aren't sides to pick, I just think that CIG spends money on poo poo and are incompetent. That doesn't mean I support Derek. I do like him and the stuff he comes out with, but I feel when I post my opinions I am being impartial.

It's like loving DoubleThink or some poo poo.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

\
I wouldn't care if Star Citizen was headed by Adolf loving Hitler so long as they could deliver a good game. And I say this as a member of a visible minority. Are you quite done threadshitting yet?

Hezzy fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 17, 2016

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

SabinBlitz posted:

I got 2 reporters on the line now. Not sure how to present the info.

Just give them the links to the worst poo poo and say have fun?

Edit: And Sandi/Ben when you read this. gently caress both of you.
Edit2: And gently caress you guy trying to lock my account for $15.

I would come at it from the angle that Ben is the Community Manager for CIG, thus is directly responsible for representing the company. A company which has already had allegations of racism made about it.

Then give some overview about the lead up, that Ben posted this link on Twitter for all to see stating that he still found some of it funny. That it's a website with an extensive gallery of a news anchor and a quote database from a chat room he used to frequent when he was 25, with the majority of (if not all) quotes attributed to him.

Move on to show them some of the worst queries, such as "rape" "sex with" "hitler" "jews" "friend of the family"

Reiterate that this was a while ago now, possibly towards 2008. That Ben is however old now (DOB 19th April 1981)

However, he is a representative of the community and he has no issues with hosting offensive hate speech on his personal website. Then link to his statement where he doesn't apologise for any of it but gives some sort of excuse.

That would probably provide the most balanced view.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

SabinBlitz posted:

Can I get the twitter link of him saying he doesn't apologize for it? I'm looking for it too but off chance you already have it..

http://banditloaf.livejournal.com/105991.html

Can't see anything on Twitter.

TL;DR

Doesn't acknowledge the quote database, the post is about the LiveJournal and trolling. States he was "in a bad place". Doesn't apologise once for the awful content he is still hosting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

SabinBlitz posted:

Can I get the twitter link of him saying he doesn't apologize for it? I'm looking for it too but off chance you already have it..I can only find the initial post and the one about a spider page.

There is also this

• Locked thread