Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

VitalSigns posted:

I don't understand. No one looks at my skin and assumes I'm German and no one ever mocks me with German stereotypes and asks where my wurst and liederhosen are because of my skin color.....sooooo I guess the Asian guy is right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
is it gauche to post a quote from a thread I made?

GBS > gbs recommend me a bicycle

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Royal W posted:

Mondays are often harder on the cat.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Honorable mention:

syscall girl posted:

lossagna.jpg

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Intel&Sebastian posted:

*sitting in a stolen federal building where the felonies are so thick you could cut them with a smith and wesson 6 inch snap action folding titanium alloy blade, armed to the teeth talking about war on the FBI*

Why is everyone so mean to me

context: militia guy in Oregon live streaming and getting called names for lovely stream says into camera "I've never done this before you meanies"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

theflyingorc posted:

"The government can't control me" and "I want to sleep with teenagers" have about the highest correlation of anything ever

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mad Monk posted:

Blue tarp man, blue tarp man
Blue tarp man hates Federal man
They get in a fight, Federal wins
Blue tarp man

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

HoboZero posted:

Ascendency-Onset Parkour is a pretty cool brain flaw, all things considered

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Professor Tomtom posted:

Suck+gently caress my rod OP

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Context: The People Vs. OJ SImpson thread in TVIV

NutritiousSnack posted:

Who thinks he gets off?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit: WGBS Channel 4 - Your local news leader > Post Innovative Improvements to Existing Products and Services Redux

(bolding mine)

SciFiDownBeat posted:

okay here's an actual legitimate innovation:

a friend-propagated ad network. basically you ask people on a social network to promote some product or service in exchange for reducing the amount of ads on their feed or timeline or whatever. so a user writes a review of a product and then those reviews substitute actual company-provided ads in the feeds/timelines of people in their social network. so gradually across the entire social media network, the company-created ads are reduced in place of ads created by users. in this way, not only do you tailor products and services to potential customers, but also the delivery, that is, how the item is sold.

so for example if I'm a millennial, I'm likely to see an ad for the AMC network that uses emoji's and hip-talk as cheesy or transparently manipulative. but if I see a friend make a post about one of their shows, I'm more likely to take the assessment seriously, because it's a third-party endorsement. the trick is to avoid the word "advertisement" in describing this process because otherwise it will turn people off. the very notion that someone is trying to sell something immediately throws up mental walls in people's minds. ideally this "sponsored" post by your friend would appear like any other item in your feed.

it probably wouldn't work in practice unless you convinced a whole bunch of people on the network to participate, to jump-start user engagement on a network-wide level. I just really hate the current implementation of internet ads and I want to see them die in a fire

Paladinus posted:

A chrome extension that blocks not only regular ads, but also whatever the hell this is.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
General Bullshit: WGBS Channel 4 - Your local news leader › Describe movies using tertiary plot details

MariusLecter posted:

Loser man children relive their lovely childhoods, learn nothing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SedanChair posted:

Killing murderers is granting them a final moral victory. "Yes, this is how problems get solved, murderer. But I, the state, am the ultimate murderer and am bigger than you."

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Please get any notes off me, i can feel them and if you don't take them off I will scratch and scrub in the shower till my skin peels off. :(

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Man falls into hot spring at Yellowstone.

Mozi posted:

I'm getting steamed just thinking about it.

Deteriorata posted:

Their only mistake was pulling him out before he reached an internal temperature of 165°F.

Airborne Viking posted:

I bet he felt pretty poached afterwards.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

crabcakes66 posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Are Mass Shootings Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Down To the Gun Store And Become A Good Guy With A Gun Haha

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

maxnmona posted:

This is a performance art piece called "entitled baby man tantrum over $30 tickets".

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*drinks tap water*

*doesn't die*

Now let me tell you about how the government doesn't work

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Concerned Citizen posted:

getting a lot of people to fart on command seems challenging

Al! posted:

ive got one on deck p much at all times

Thoguh posted:

But enough about your posting.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BWV posted:

i hope the cops keep on only opening one window on one side and he keeps on dodging. it would suck if they opened two so he couldn't slide by

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hearing John Travolta's voice while reading that is traumatizing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Phantasium posted:

Fire 'n Ice is an NES game.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

RVWinkle posted:

I forgot to post this earlier but they also announced this week that they're working on a new expansion for Renowned Explorers. They haven't given any details other than posting this concept drawing:

Looks like they'll have some Native American character, maybe to go along with a Lewis and Clark themed expedition.

WickedHate posted:

Do you think Sacagawea's estate will sioux?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

A Winner is Jew posted:

Which reminds me, whats the opposite of Christopher Reeves?

Christopher Walken. :v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

My Lovely Horse posted:

I can't stop watching this. It's like someone built a machine that accelerates natural selection.

PCOS Bill posted:

They did, it's called a motorcycle.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

I can only hear these like a sarcastic Wild Bill when tucking for the camera to Goodbye Horses

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 04:35 on Nov 2, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Powaqoatse posted:

Heath was making a joke you massive idiots.

Idgi

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lastgirl posted:

LABEAST PUNCHES A NAZI WHILE EATING 50 EGGS AND PUKING ALLOVER THE NAZI

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dog_Meat posted:

I've got a friend who is just getting into 40k and he keeps calling me to say "am I reading this right?". He's also loving the absurdness and macabre insanity of it.

I've realised that after 25 years I'm kind of used to accepting that criminals, heretics and political opponents are broken down to become lobotomized automatons to do basic tasks because there was a galaxy spanning Terminator style war that nearly wiped out humanity (mere footnote in WH40k), dead babies are turned into flying cybernetic cherubs to swing incense around 12 foot tall genetically engineered super soldier religious zealots, entire worlds are turned into grinding, manufacturing hell-holes to create ammunition for wars that have been raging for 20,000 years, tens of thousands of children are snatched from their families to be fed into a machine that may or may not be sustaining a giant corpse that is responsible for keeping mankind from being killed/eaten/raped for one more day and battles that make the Somme look like a paintball game are mere skirmishes as the entire galaxy teeters on the brink of being overrun by marauding green fungus based orcs, swarms of horrific bugs that will literally strip planets like locusts, souless robotic zombies, advanced anime mecha-ripoffs, actual gods and the very real possibility that at any moment half the sector could be dragged into literal hell because that corpse on a giant throne being fed 10,000 souls a day is the only thing holding a dimension crossing black hole shut and untold billions of people are being systematically oppressed because if they were allowed free thought they can actually make things worse.

And these are the good guys. The brainwashed, blinkered, fanatical preachers singing hymns in the gigantic gothic cathedral built on the shoulders of a 100ft tall walking war machine laying waste to cities below are the reason why mankind isn't extinct yet. Sure, it might LOOK like the Spanish inquisition sent hundreds of inhuman armour plated killing machines to go full Rape of Nanking on a city the size of a continent wiping out more women and children than are currently living on earth, but they probably just stopped an infestation of giant space locusts or the birth of a new god or some poo poo.

None of that warp drive bollocks in this world. Hell no. Here we breed mutants with a freaky eye in their forehead because we don't do anything of that faster than light poo poo - we rip a hole in the fabric of the universe, fly our space monasteries into the hole and get the screaming three eyed guy to tell us when to turn so we don't fly into the teeth of a gigantic hell-demon or take a wrong turn 5000 years into the past and wind up with tentacles for eyes. And when we come out the other end with half our forces either lost, insane or 10 years behind us we don't do any of that air support poo poo. We rev up our swords with built in chainsaws, recite prayers to our guns, strap ourselves into a free-falling diving bell and hurl ourselves to the surface with the intention of ruining the poo poo of everyone and everything regardless of if it's human or not.

God, I love 40k...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

syscall girl posted:

People always try to equate the races of middle earth with religions and ethnicities but the truth is dwarves were republicans.

Their women? All beards.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Redeye Flight posted:

I don't care if it's a joke, I will not play in a clan with CUCK anywhere in the name. I'm perfectly fine with PANSY.

warcrimes posted:

hitting too close to home?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
John Wick Chapter 2 CineD thread

PJOmega posted:

Zeris posted:

There are no NYC trains you can board from both sides of the platform :colbert:

There are no assassin run hotels that accept gold doubloons as payment in NYC. :colbert: ^2

K. Waste posted:

There are cops in NYC.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jerry Cotton posted:

Itchy tits then gently caress you.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What went wrong with your messed up rectum that pooping isn't a nice time for serene relaxation?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3820719&perpage=40&pagenumber=105#post472440843

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

triple sulk posted:

the next hurricane is gonna be named jose