Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
I'll play :yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Birdstrike posted:

This is not my beautiful horse.

:horse::horse::horse::horse:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Mayor Glowku posted:

I don't even have my role yet!
Welcome! :yayclod:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

tpink posted:

Day 1 chat is my favorite. :allears:
:(
I dont like early day one chat

##vote tpink

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKsnrjhSxcs

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

SirSamVimes posted:

Now then, why do you think that it's "extremely unlikely" that Mayor Glowku is not scum?
I'm curious too, and also about "seems to obsfucate things". In my only game with Glowku he was a town tracker, and it was a p good move IMO for him to hide then.

Like, going after someone entirely because of how they played before, esp looking at only like one or two games, is :/

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Propaganda Machine posted:

it's extremely unlikely that he is both scum and would* get lynched. It's day one. I wouldn't stand firmly behind the both. So, I'm not necessarily convinced that he is scum (obviously), nor do I expect he would be lynched. Either of the two, possible.
Ohkay, I understand now, it was a weird way to say so.

:/ You could have left your vote on them, though. As you had Glowku's only vote, I think its very unlikely they'd get like six other votes in under 12 hours if they didnt do anything very very scummy.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Jimson posted:

##vote Jimson This is a serious vote. I seriously think I am scum. I am scared guys.
:/

##unvote
##vote Jimson

and wow, I doubt I'd be able to recall whats going on if I was in so many games at once

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

tpink posted:

Agree with that. ##vote Jimson, though I am also fine unvoting if he comes back and offers an explanation. We are at 4 votes only, so plenty of time left.

Your vote made five for Jimson, so we're at H-2. I'm fine staying on Jimson atm, as :/ as this entire thing is to me.

Without Jimson's post, I'd be voting AA for copying the Mayor's self vote and then only responding to p much tell us they saw Birdstrike's vote on them. Like, as early as they were, their two posts very minimally interacted with anyone. AA, what do you think about our Jimson votes?

Im also curious about AR and the Mayor, but that's my gut more than anything.

I'd like to read from Hal and our Muse, what do you two feel about this?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hi. I'm here and I love to party
Hello! and goodbye I guess?

Id enjoy reading your view even if its just one quick thought

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

tpink posted:

I call made-up bullshit.
If you dont know who could be what, you can find our possible roles here:

Allen Wren posted:

A C9++ game of Mafia.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Kasumeat posted:

This is the scummiest post of the game so far for me. Jimson's scumclaim early in day 1 has about as much real meaning as a townclaim (absolutely none). This reads like an attempt to turn it into a Thing.

It's just a day 1 read, but hey, gotta vote someone.
##vote SSV

SirSamVimes posted:

If we "gotta vote someone", then why is your read based off a single post better than mine?

Kasumeat posted:

Because a jokepost is a jokepost, but you're trying to play it off as a seriouspost.

Kasumeat posted:

Jimson's post, that is. You're playing the "I'm far from certain but I've got bad vibes" card on what's obviously a meaningless post. I think that you trying to give off bad vibes about Jimson's nonsense post might be intentional, and thus it's the scummiest post so far. My bad vibes from you is based on a post which I believe to be serious, vs. yours which clearly was not addressing a serious post.

lol I'm too tired to rewrite that more clearly but I think it's good enough
You wrote clearly enough for me to understand

##unvote
##vote SirSamVimes

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Absurd Revolver posted:

I was hoping I hadn't accidentally lured Jimson to an early grave with a misleading D1 post.

##unvote
I dont understand what you're saying, please walk me through it. You were Jimson's fourth vote, but you were hoping no one else would vote for him at all, or what?

You are not voicing your thoughts on anyone who voted Jimson after you, and you're putting your vote on no one now that everyone's leaving him. Did you join a group, voting someone you didnt want to see lynched, simply to vote?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Infinitum posted:

Good job everyone.

Team effort.
:(

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
End of day one votecount link, for my future reference

Infinitum posted:

Scum would be unlikely to hammer one of their own D1

Infinitum posted:

I personally still don't see the SSV vote, but the fact there was no hammer will make him appear to be the most logical target to lynch.
Even though we didnt lynch anyone, we still got a little information in that no one hammered SSV, which, in isolation, is a better reason to vote for someone than the analysis before.

The Mayor, Birdstrike, Prop, tpink, Hal, and SSV didnt hammer.

I trust Hal the most, and I understand why SSV didnt vote. The mayor seems okay to me, as is.

Tpink seems fishy and Birb even more so.

Agreed.

##vote jimson
Where did you come from, and where did you go? Is that your only feeling so far? You've posted only in the jokeish-vote phase and this, which is almost less than nothing.

----
Kasumeat, Jimson, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum and myself were voting for SSV.

I dont have strong feeling for most. I think Kas, AA and Infinitum are good so far, and I'm totally null on Jimson but I really dont like the votes for him atm. AR is with Birb in fishiness to me.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Mayor Glowku posted:

I honestly can't think of anything more scummy than tryharding.
:what:

Kasumeat posted:

And Tentative8 hasn't in a day and a half. I'd like to hear from both of them.
When I was on last night our thread was closed :(

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Im mostly wondering, why is Jimson at -2?

AA posted an early day analysis of the votes and why he's voting Jimson, which reads as good to me:

Anomalous Amalgam, early on posted:

I don't know if there are better candidates, but the lack of turn out for deadline is a bit rough on town. Scum are just going to keep picking us off at night unless we get some cases out there.

Interaction wise, I don't like Tpink's posting during D1 and this quick vote today rubs me the wrong way as well.

...but more than that, I don't like how the votes on Jimson came about and disappeared leading to a stalled vote on SSV.

##vote Jimson

Jimson posts empty gut suspicion about SSV and Birb

Jimson posted:

I have a strong gut feel about SSV if you trust me on this we might have a clean run if he flips scum. Because invariably the next domino id wanna tip would be birb

Which instantly gets Birb to vote, and Prop to step out of nowhere for a third vote

Birdstrike posted:

chain lynches...

are bad

##vote Jimson

SSV and AR hop onto the wagon because 'jimson's weird'

SirSamVimes posted:

Because Jimson's posting has been weird and off. Infinitum's just a gut read.

Also I formatted my vote wrong. ##vote jimmy

Absurd Revolver, to SSV posted:

Jimson has been unusually weird, and I honestly forget why you were so suspect because I am literally a goldfish.

##vote: Jimson

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
AR jumped late onto Jimson's day one bandwagon. After that fell apart he distanced himself by claiming he really didnt want Jimson to be lynched

Absurd Revolver, about his D1 Jimson vote posted:

I was hoping I hadn't accidentally lured Jimson to an early grave with a misleading D1 post.

##unvote

tentative8e8op posted:

I dont understand what you're saying, please walk me through it. You were Jimson's fourth vote, but you were hoping no one else would vote for him at all, or what?

You are not voicing your thoughts on anyone who voted Jimson after you, and you're putting your vote on no one now that everyone's leaving him. Did you join a group, voting someone you didnt want to see lynched, simply to vote?

Absurd Revolver posted:

It was because it was a joke vote in the first place. I have no real reason to think Jimson is scum right now, but watching him hit 5 votes was pretty funny.

Now that we have actual options, I'm keeping them open. After my last mafia game I'm wary of early lynches.

AR then jumps late onto SSV, a good thing so late in the day, buuut

Absurd Revolver posted:

I'm gonna feel dumb for trusting Jimson if I accidentally kill SSV as town again, but what the hell, live fast, die scum(leave a beautiful corpse).

##vote: SSV

Ar now jumps onto a third bandwagon for no reason at all, and claims SSV is no suspect

Absurd Revolver posted:

Jimson has been unusually weird, and I honestly forget why you were so suspect because I am literally a goldfish.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
##vote Propaganda Machine

Id be happy seeing Birdstrike and AR die too, and, with the overlap of posters who didnt vote for/are defending SSV and are voting for Jimson, an SSV flip would be good for the info we could nab.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Kasumeat posted:

I'm not convinced that people wagoning is a good reason to lynch them. There's 5 people on that wagon. At least 2 are town, probably 3 or 4, possibly all of them. There are better candidates in this game.

You said you think Infinitum and I are both town. Can you explain why? I cased him pretty clearly.

The current wagon is the only thing Propaganda machine has done. She's absent for late D1, but has been reading the thread enough to throw her only non-jokephase post onto a forming bandwagon just an hour after Birdstrike's Jimson vote.

Jimson has pointed at SSV, and Birb is defending and going anti-Jimson, and Prop is joining on. SSV-defending posts are VERY interesting to me right now, due to the failed lynch, and the way Jimson's current bandwagon got to H-2 out of nothing worries me.

Both you and Infinitum seem to be digging into eachother. You're seeming to focus too tightly and he's not posting as much as I'd like, but I dont have bad vibes from either of you as-is. Both of your postings, focus's and actions seem null to town to me.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Only quoting this one, but re: your other points:

I didn't hammer because I was bad and missed deadline. Sorry about that.

I'm hanging back for now because I haven't gotten clear reads on anyone. A vote for jimson based on a chain lynch is responding to anti-town behavior and as good as anything at this point. Also, I got killed in my last game for posting too much on a vague hunch. There's definitely stuff to read from the last couple pages though. I'd like to give it a reread or two.

I'm actually tempted to vote for you not out of spite, but because your case sucks. Besides, not posting enough would get me modkilled. Why wouldn't you put a vote against someone with momentum? It's really, really important that we pull off the lynch today, and the day would be a waste if you get rid of someone who hasn't given a good amount of content to pick through later.

Yay, you responded quickly... to tell us that you're quiet on purpose, and that we shouldn't vote you because you havent interacted with anyone?

Youve obviously been following, how about you give us your views now, instead of putting off your "reread or two" for an indeterminate future time?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
By the way, there are her only two posts post-jokephase.

Agreed.

##vote jimson
She's jumping onto a bandwagon while voicing no opinion at all.

Only quoting this one, but re: your other points:

I didn't hammer because I was bad and missed deadline. Sorry about that.

I'm hanging back for now because I haven't gotten clear reads on anyone. A vote for jimson based on a chain lynch is responding to anti-town behavior and as good as anything at this point. Also, I got killed in my last game for posting too much on a vague hunch. There's definitely stuff to read from the last couple pages though. I'd like to give it a reread or two.

I'm actually tempted to vote for you not out of spite, but because your case sucks. Besides, not posting enough would get me modkilled. Why wouldn't you put a vote against someone with momentum? It's really, really important that we pull off the lynch today, and the day would be a waste if you get rid of someone who hasn't given a good amount of content to pick through later.
And her quick response to being called out is that
1) she's quiet on purpose but thats why we shouldnt vote for her
2) she's reading but will tell us her views at some indeterminite later time
3) voting for a lurker is about the scummiest thing
4) only 13 hours into a day, we really really need to hurry up and vote off Jimson

This is the worst post I've read so far

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Kasumeat posted:

you completely ignored my question.
Infinitum hasnt posted as much as I'd like, and about the only thing I see day two is him jabbing you a few times, which I dont like either but doesnt mean much in and of itself. Day one he was defending SSV, you were right, but he returned to vote.

Inf also pointed out that people didnt appear just to join in on or hammer SSV, which leans towards either scum already voting SSV, or scum avoiding voting for their teammate.

With what a mess other people are right now, Infinitum is pretty null to me

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
##vote SirSamVimes

Looks like its between SSV and Jimson. I'm not comfortable with a Jimson lynch rn, and I'm very interested to see how SSV flips, esp after our day one debacle.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Why aren't you comfortable with a Jimson lynch?

Because I dont feel strongly against Jimson.

How Jimson's votes formed irks me the wrong way as well. Like, after your vote, Jimson called SSV and Birdstrike suspicious and Birdstrike immediately voted for him for doing so. Prop Machine, quickly followed up with 'agreed' and her vote before lurking again. SSV and AR jumped onto the wagon with without offering much, agreeing with no real points but their vote.

Also, in addition to the day one scummy post, SSV is making sure not to say much today. They're very very minimally actually interacting besides jumping onto a bandwagon, which I didnt see before but makes me feel even more comfortable with my vote.

People didnt take the opportunity to jump onto SSV's lynch too. If SSV was town, either scum quit playing for a while or very few of us voting SSV were town. If SSV did happen to be scum, it would go a distance to explaining the difficulty we had.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Hal Incandenza posted:

No amount of convoluted reasoning will ever make me think not self-hammering is scummy.

:agreed:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
I dont like how our clock's ticking down and people are starting to vote for others right now. Kasumeat, Infinitum, AA, if we no lynch again and your votes are still trying to start a third wagon, then I dont even know.

Hal, Glowku, please vote for someone.

With wagons on both Jimson and SSV on day one and today, they are really our only two choices.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

I'd encourage people to look back at YPM's posts from D1-actual. Scum must have thought he was saying something, otherwise he wouldn't have been their first shot for a nightkill.

I dont see anything, my feelings are Muse was killed simply because they posted p much nothing. With a no-lynch, I think it's okay for scum to deny us info by killing an inactive player

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Infinitum posted:

I like that you seem to think that Jimson or SSV are the only 'real' choices today tho.

We're not at the beginning of a day, our time is ticking down.

A no-lynch is fantastic for scum, two in a row is unthinkable, starting or joining a third group right now is an easy way for someone to move their vote away from a likely lynch with plausible deniability. With players in all camps saying they have trouble logging on in time for our deadline, this problem is compounded.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Infinitum posted:

Give me one reason, right now, why I should vote Jimson or SSV over the case I made for Kasu

I am literally in bed about to go to sleep, so I'd make it compelling.
To make it short:

Day one SSV tried to turn Jimson's joke wagon into a real thing,

Day two SSV very very minimally actually interacted besides jumping onto a forming bandwagon. Most of his posts have been fairly empty of anything besides explaining why he didnt lynch himself.

We can't ignore that people didnt take the opportunity to jump onto SSV's day one lynch, too. If SSV was town, either scum quit playing for a while or less than half of us voting SSV were town. If SSV did happen to be scum, it would go a distance to explaining the difficulty we had day one.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Allen Wren posted:

If I were to push it to when I get home from work (2 am eastern/1 am central/11pm pacific/4 pm AEST) it'd work out at least vaguely okay for everyone except eurozone types.
I'm okay with this time too.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
:toot:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
So I can easily skip to the right page later:
End of day one vote count/history link
End of day two vote count/history link

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
I'm cop

Infinitum is town

Hal, our spectator padding his votefinder games-played ranking, is town.

##vote Absurd Revolver

I'm going to sleep soon. I'll analyze after I wake up tonight, but right now I feel like I'd be happy seeing AR, Prop Machine, tpink or the Mayor die, in that order

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Kasumeat posted:

Holy gently caress if Tentative is right, you played like absolute loving poo poo

I had to guess whether your(both of you) slapfight would spill towards you or infinitum today instead of investigating prop like I wanted :mad:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Absurd Revolver posted:

If you're cop, you should really use your night action on me if this vote on inf goes through. That way you can change your kind before you do something dumb.

:what:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Allen Wren, can you please fix Birdstrike in votefinder? I cant tell if we're really at six to lynch or five since we really have ten players :(

Kasumeat posted:

Before we jump to conclusions, let's not forget that we could have an investigation-immune SK in this game.
We may, and we likely have a doctor as well. A one-shot-bulletproof SK, or two one-shot vigs, and a doctor makes sense to me atm, but I'm bad at setup spec, and our game's designed to confound mild setup spec, so I'm not worried about wasting time working out our possible roles right now.

:tootzzz:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Soo Absurd Revolver, you're avoiding participating in any discussions so your vote posts are p much all we have to go on

AR jumped late onto Jimson's day one bandwagon, he was Jimson's fourth vote. After that fell apart, he distanced himself by claiming he really did not want Jimson to be lynched

Absurd Revolver, about his D1 Jimson vote posted:

##unvote

tentative8e8op posted:

Absurd Revolver posted:

It was because it was a joke vote in the first place. I have no real reason to think Jimson is scum right now, but watching him hit 5 votes was pretty funny.

Now that we have actual options, I'm keeping them open. After my last mafia game I'm wary of early lynches.

AR then was a fourth vote on SSV, normally a good thing but it still feels off to me

Absurd Revolver posted:

I'm gonna feel dumb for trusting Jimson if I accidentally kill SSV as town again, but what the hell, live fast, die scum(leave a beautiful corpse).

##vote: SSV

~Our no-lynch happens~

AR votes SSV early Day 2 without giving much info. As soon as players started voting Jimson, though, AR bailed and claimed SSV has no reasons to be a suspect. AR keeps his vote on Jimson for the rest of the day.

Absurd Revolver posted:

AR jumps onto another bandwagon today

Absurd Revolver posted:

Yeah at this point it seems like about as solid a case as we'll have for day 1.

##vote infinitum

And IDK what to make of these, all his non-vote posts are empty or discussing himself but these two are asking to waste an investigation clearing a 'vanilla townie' instead of hunting someone.

Absurd Revolver posted:

If you're cop, you should really use your night action on me if this vote on inf goes through. That way you can change your kind before you do something dumb.

Absurd Revolver posted:

Seriously, I'd love for you to confirm I'm town for me..

Unless that would, you know, prove you incited a Lynch vote towards a VT.

If we do have an investigation immune serial killer, I'd currently peg AR as that more than anyone else, but I feel like AR's bad either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
I'm our kind policewoman, not a police man. I investigated Inf and claimed today because I didnt want our day to be wasted with everyone single-mindedly dogpiling onto someone and not discussing anything else. Even without claiming there's a chance I may die during night too, at which point we'd be down more players tomorrow but starting where we are now. I feel like we're doing well enough that pushing us away from a mislynch and wasted day and onto productive reasoning is totally worth claiming

I can't see a four-scum team in a 13 player game, with two non-mafia killing roles(vt+vt or vt+sk) a possible lylo day two seems like plain bad setup.

Our doctors cannot stay on one player every night, too, so :(

• Locked thread