Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

NewMars posted:

The only thing I wish for in this game is chaos dwarves. Is there any indication that the madman assyrian/babylonians will ever be put in?

The data miners who found the "wh_dlc03_bst_beastmen" stuff also found "wh_dlc13_chd_chaos_dwarfs" files, among others, so it seems that Chaos Dwarves were at the very least in the planning at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

madmac posted:

I'm not sure what the Tomb Kings are supposed to do or fight to not have the most boring campaign ever.

In the lore the Tomb Kings have always been highly preoccupied with reclaiming stolen artifacts - they've raided Altdorf because of a "Wonders of Ancient Nehekhara" sort of exhibit, their big boss Settra led a massive group north to hunt down 11 Chaos Marauders who had become filthy rich warlords after looting Khemri, and there's a 2,000+ year war between one city and a nearby Dwarf Hold over a dispute regarding ownership of a hammer. I could absolutely see them getting a grudge-esque system, with some sort of bonus to make it more viable to do the sort of massive travel that they do in lore.

Aside from that, Bretonnia launches crusades towards the area semiregularly, Araby is directly north of Nehekhara, and the Queen of Lybaras, Khalida, hates Vampires to the extent of teaming up with the right-hand apprentice of Nagash, the necromancer the Tomb Kings hate above all else.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Wait, did the FLC vamp get revealed? I assumed the bit in the letter referring to another "bearing [Mannfred's] name" and saying that the ring brought him back and "is the source of his power" was teasing Vlad as the FLC, with the sender, Ghorst, being the Lord Pack guy for Vamps.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Deified Data posted:

It's weird how there's like nothing on the internet about Gorst. The top search result is a reddit thread asking "who is Helman Gorst?"

Why this guy, of all people? Does he even have a presence in the tabletop?

He's from the Sigmar's Blood campaign that the regiments are also from, and the main Vamp antagonist for that campaign, Mannfred, is already in so they obviously couldn't make him the LL.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Safety Factor posted:

My chaos campaign was kind of weird because the Skaeling actually offered me a peace treaty out of the blue.

Same thing happened with me, and shortly afterwards (around turn 30-ish, having sacked Praag for the achievement and wiped out Kraka Drak) I decided I might as well go for all the Chaos achievements, and cloistered myself in the Chaos Wastes to build five one-man hordes with pillars of skulls and do research. By the time I got the 24-techs achievement, Estalia had apparently eaten Bretonnia offscreen, and VC had killed the Empire with the aid of Skaeling. I walked over to sack Baersonling a couple times and that was that, short campaign victory.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Honestly, the way I understand it: beastmen need humans to eat and rape to replenish their numbers (or something? I think its implied beastmen reproduce by taking human women?) So they should be ready to defend humans, if only to ensure the supply of meat and babies for the future.

There are female Beastmen, they're just rare. There's even one in-game! The Doe follower you can pick up for your lords and heroes that gives horde growth.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Deified Data posted:

Kinda glad to see there's no insane vanguard army. Vlad seems pretty good and balanced now that I read his abilities in detail.

I believe the vanguard army is a campaign bonus if you pick him as your starting lord, like how Ghorst gives his army (and only his army) poison attacks as one of his campaign bonuses.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Deified Data posted:

Aren't campaign bonuses usually faction-wide? I can't think of any that just apply to the lord you pick. Not saying I think all of VC would get vanguard, but that sort of thing makes a lot more sense as an ability if it only effects his army. Was his vanguard army confirmed anywhere?

How Vlad's vanguard army works hasn't been shown yet, outside of the mention that he gets it in the description on the Grim and the Grave trailer (yes he's free but he gets a mention there anyways). In their Rally Point lore video they show selection of the DLC lords and Ghorst's got "all units in Helman Ghorst's army receive poison attacks" as one of his, so I feel like they're probably doing something similar with Vlad. You are correct that the current LLs all have faction-wide boosts.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Ok so Malagor got assassinated and his horde got transfered to new lord.. when i recruited malagor to replace the other lord, how do i keep my horde buildings but disband the lord out?

Click the button in the lower-left for a detailed view of the Lord, there'll be a kick button in the lower right to replace him with an available lord.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Arbite posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if The Red Duke's rampage across Aquitaine was another mini-campaign. Was the specifics of Eye for an Eye mentioned in the leak or just Beastmen?

The leak (startpos datamine) gave the names for the various mini campaign factions, i.e. Cult of Ulric, which doesn't exist in the Grand Campaign, and Warherd of the One Eye, which replaces the standard "Beastmen" faction name in the mini campaign. It's part of why it's predicted WE are getting a mini campaign of their own - startpos stuff listed a bunch of WE factions as well as "Morghur's Warherd" (or something similar, I forget the exact name) for DLC05

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Vlex posted:

Just trying to dream up what a Total War: Warhammer: New World: Colon would look like. Tiny human presence, four or five Lizardmen cities, 5-6 factions on Ulthuan, same for Naggaroth, a Skaven invasion, ????

Not hugely compelling, IMO.

Considering Dreadfleet gets a nod in-game (there's a VC event where the villain of Dreadfleet asks you for supplies), I could see them adding the Dreadfleet as a naval threat in the new world area.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

Hold space and check the box that toggles foliage on/off. When you hold space near trees the leaves will vanish.

There's also a lock icon right next to the checkbox that keeps the foliage off even without holding space, I use this in heavily forested maps like the beastpath ambush.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

DO IT TO IT posted:

Has there been any word on what/when the next DLC will be?

From the FLC roadmap CA posted, next free update is a new Lore of Magic, followed by a new Hero. As the last time this happened both dropped at once (Lore of Beasts + Amber Wizard), the general assumption is that the same thing happens this time.

For DLC, the startpos datamine suggested Wood Elves for DLC5 (this upcoming one). Combine this with them making use of the Lore of Life, which is not currently in game, and Beastmen getting a lore added as FLC when they dropped, and it seems likely the prediction will hold.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

Why does my bestial rage keep reseting to 80? I've never gotten a brayherd!

You need 17 or more units in a stack to generate a brayherd, otherwise rage will cap at 80.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

But then sometimes somebody comes plundering, and they get all riled up about dead people's property rights and fight over that too.

I may have mentioned it before, but the Tomb Kings army book mentions a centuries-long war that resulted from the Dwarves making a hammer that included a disk of bronze belonging to one Tomb King as ornamentation, and said King's army reclaiming it by force.

There's also Amanhotep the Intolerant, a king of Zandri, who was at one point mistakenly brought to Bretonnia by crusaders who thought they had retrieved the body of Duke Cheldric. When he awoke he slaughtered several villages as he slogged back to Zandri on foot. He later featured in Dreadfleet, piloting a flagship that shot solar lasers and was hauled by giant statues.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Dongattack posted:

Maybe Beastmen if they also get the achievement you are after? Extremely good survivability on the strategic map and the main lord guy (One-Eye something) + a melee hero would decimate every field battle we went into by literally bullrushing the enemy lord and killing him in seconds.

The early game is a big hurdle tho, pretty weak then.

I can confirm Beastmen get the Legendary achievement, my play through with them had Mousillon go nuts settling all the ruins I left behind and after a certain point I found it easier to just kneecap a faction as the ever-expanding undead juggernaut came marching in.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Necroskowitz posted:

I wonder how new factions will fit into the regional occupation mechanic. Are the Tomb Kings in the Dwarf/Orc category or the Human/VC category? With whom do the Tomb Kings primarily fight in the lore?

Tomb Kings primarily sit in Nehekhara and defend their property, primarily going on the offensive when somebody raids one of their tombs and takes their stuff (in one case, their main leader, Settra, spent years up in Norsca hunting down 12 Norscan champions who had stolen his crown a decade prior). That said, there are a couple usual suspects they fight with:

Bretonnia - back during the crusades against Araby, the Bretonnian Duke Chelsric was assassinated by Prince Apophas, a being made of a humanoid scarab swarm and the personal assassin of the Nehekharan god of the underworld. Bretonnia responded with several retaliatory crusades into the Land of the Dead, one of which mistakenly brought back the Tomb King Amanhotep the Intolerant under the assumption that it was Duke Cheldric's body they had recovered.

Dwarfs - the Dwarfs don't seem to have much of a regard for the belongings of dead people (even the living dead) so one particular Tomb King city has been in a constant state of warfare with a neighboring Dwarf Hold for centuries due to a dispute over the ownership of a hammer incorporating a bronze disk from the local king's treasury

Greenskins - they live right on the border of Nehekhara and like to raid it for shiny things.

Empire - not so much major armies as treasure hunters and small incursions who raid the tombs then take their loot back to the Empire. During the Nemesis Crown global campaign in tabletop, while everyone else was squabbling over the crown, the Tomb Kings took the opportunity to raid Altdorf's museum

Vampire Counts - the big one. While both Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts trace their origin to the necromancer Nagash, the Tomb Kings resent what they have become and hate the vampires for their role in serving Nagash during his initial attempt at military conquest of Nehekhara. When the city of Lahmia was found to be a den of vampires, basically all the other Nehekharan states teamed up to raze it to the ground and kill any vampire stupid enough to remain in the city. In more recent times, the High Queen of Lybaras, Khalida, continues to zealously hunt Vampires, going so far as to team up with Arkhan the Black (Nagash's apprentice) to get an army all the way up to Sylvania and stake a Count in his coffin.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

brocretin posted:

I wonder what this means...

In tabletop Bound Spells were on magic items and let units that weren't necessarily spellcasters cast a spell. I imagine that it'll be like how Volkmar can use Banishment on his War Altar or how the RoR luminark gets Net (at least I think it does?)

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

All Tomb King Lords by definition must be some degree of caster.

Tomb Kings themselves do not have casting abilities but TK armies in tabletop must include a caster with the Lore of Nehekhara to serve as the Hierophant of the army, who serves a similar role to the general in VC armies. Settra has wizard levels and Lore of Nehekhara so he can be the Hierophant, and Arkhan is a Lore of Death caster but has a special rule letting him be the Hierophant regardless. High Queen Khalida is not a caster, but has a magic staff that lets her shoot projectiles.

In effect, this means that, if you so choose, you can separate the roles of the General and the Guy Who Needs To Live Or Your Army Starts Dying. Nothing stops you from, say, designating your Liche Priest as both your General and Hierophant, iirc, but you can also have a Tomb King as your army general with a Liche Priest as Hierophant.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Tomb Kings and Princes totally had Incantations in 6th, btw.

Fair enough, I couldn't find my 6th army book so I was going off the 8th edition one (hence mentioning Arkhan and his exception)

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

High Queen Khalida, one of the Tomb Kings characters, has a particularly personal beef with the Vampire Counts. Her cousin Neferata of Lahmia found some of Nagash's research after his first exile from Nehekhara, and used it to attempt to recreate the Elixir of Life he had used, slightly screwing it up such that the drinker acquired a thirst for blood. Nagash's initial attempt at taking Nehekhara via the use of undead (killing and reanimating the whole country came later) still being fresh in peoples' minds, if it were to become known that Lahmia had followed Nagash's teachings, it would spell the end for the city. Khalida suspected something was up, but was provoked into dueling Neferata for her honor rather than simply voicing her accusations to the other cities of Nehekhara. Neferata being a Vampire and Khalida being a mortal, Neferata won this duel, and attempted to turn Khalida while Khalida lay dying. Khalida prayed to the Asp Goddess Asaph to purify her, and Asaph turned her blood to venom, cleansing the Vampirism. Some time after these events, the aforementioned Alcadizaar got wind of the vampirism in Lahmia and a massive allied force burned the city down and forced the Vampires to flee north.

Khalida generally only awakens when her city, Lybaras, is in need, otherwise content to slumber while the various other rulers of Lybaras vie for supremacy. As discovered by one Mannfred Von Carstein, "In Need" apparently covers "A Vampire is approaching the ruins of Lahmia, several mountains away" and, from at least one instance in the timeline in the 8th edition army book "There is a Vampire in Sylvania".

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Important. You don't go grudging down their nation or whatever, you just go take the castle walls back. We've got to be honorable about this now.

And naturally, if any dwarf dies in the process of claiming the missing payment, their deaths must also be avenged at a later date. It's only proper.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Any advice for dealing with Morghur as Wood Elves? I've just been chucking the glaive infantry guys at him to stall him while trying to kill his army to trigger Army Loss routing. To clarify, I mean the normal version of him with Regen and 75% missile/magic resist, not the quest version with the 95% ward shield that shuts down every once in a while.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

What's generally worked consistently for me is to keep the stacks together and transfer most of the units from the second stack to your LL's stack. While Hidden Encampment should keep the agents off you, if the second stack is just the Lord and he gets assassinated you'll lose the stack, so keep a single unit of ungors with him. Use your stealth to pick and choose your battles, if you don't feel like you can siege a capital, just pass it over and look for some small settlement to burn down instead. Big goal early is to get 17 units in your main stack so you can get the brayherd running, adds a decent margin of safety once it's up.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Deified Data posted:

Do Gorebulls count as Minotaurs for the purposes of Morghur's upkeep penalty on minos? How would I tell? I've had this question about other units before, it was particularly relevant in Skarsnik's campaign.

They don't seem to, my minotaurs said around 400 upkeep cost in the recruit list while the gorebull was only costing me ~225 per turn, and iirc they normally have similar upkeep costs.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Verranicus posted:

I got a big pile of Christmas cash and had planned to get this game and all of the DLC, are they all worth the price point? A little writeup on each of them and the cool poo poo they bring would be cool.

Okay, first off, as already mentioned all of these are used by the AI even if you don't have them, so don't feel like you need to buy one that you have no interest in, especially in the case of Races. Beastmen will still show even if you don't have their DLC, for example.

Chaos Warriors Race Pack - Okay, what I wrote above? One minor exception here. Chaos has several units tied to this Race Pack that the AI won't field if you don't own this DLC. Two of their named characters (Prince Sigvald the Magnificent and Kholek Suneater), a couple unit variants (Great Weapon Chaos Warriors, Halberd Chosen, Armored Trolls, and Gorebeast Chariots), and a couple units (Forsaken, Dragon Ogres/Shaggoths). That said, I can't say I really see the AI field these much in campaign anyways, aside from the named characters, and I don't feel like any of the units mentioned are particularly indispensable, so you should be fine skipping this if it doesn't interest you. As for the campaign itself: I personally hate it. Chaos Warriors have slow troop replenishment unless you constantly merge damaged units and recruit new ones, have no ambush stance so you can't hide from the AI, and take attrition damage if their armies are too close together which encourages you to spread out and in turn get your armies dogpiled. They are a Horde faction, meaning that they do not have permanent settlements, but instead that their armies serve as a sort of moving settlement, allowing you to recruit anywhere by entering Encampment Stance, but the tradeoff is that you're generally reliant on pillaging/winning battles for your income, and that losing an army is devastating.

Blood for the Blood God - This is a very cheap DLC that adds a few global events to the game that will temporarily buff stats on all factions' troops, as well as adding blood and gore to the game, allowign units to be dismembered and such. Some Vampire Counts units will sometimes continue to fight even after losing limbs (seen it with Crypt Ghouls, Zombies, Skeletons). The reason blood isn't in the base game is because some regions have stricter policies on blood in games, and selling it separately as a DLC lets the base game be sold in those regions where it wouldn't be able to be sold if it had this built-in.

Call of the Beastmen - A Campaign Pack DLC, this allows you to play as the Beastmen, as well as adding a minicampaign to the game. The minicampaign focuses on a zoomed-in region of the Empire, and has you play as Khazrak One-Eye while he rampages around and seeks revenge against his archenemy Boris Todbringer. Completing this minicampaign allows you to use Boris Todbringer in both single- and multi-player Custom Battles. The Beastmen faction, in the campaign, focuses on hit-and-run tactics. They are a horde like Chaos Warriors, but their Encampment stance hides them from sight like other armies' Ambush stance, meaning that if the AI doesn't get lucky, it'll lose sight of you and pull its armies back. Every few turns, an event will trigger giving you a set of choices based on the moon, each with their upsides and downsides, and Beastmen only have two choices when conquering a settlement: Loot and Raze or Raze and Defile, giving money or population respectively. Either choice, the settlement is destroyed. Troop-wise, the Beastmen units are based more around ambushing than the elite armored units of Chaos. Most Beastmen are relatively lightly armored, and several of their units have the Stalk ability, concealing them from enemy sight until they are close enough. The last major trait of the Beastmen is that their starting location differs vastly depending on which of their named characters you pick to start the campaign. Khazrak One-Eye starts down in Estalia, Malagor the Dark Omen starts off in the Badlands, and Morghur the Shadowgave starts up by the northern coast of the Empire. Once again, as mentioned beforehand, if you are not personally interested in playing Beastmen, you can ignore this DLC and they sill still be present in your game.

The Grim and the Grave - This is a Lord Pack, a DLC that adds new units and named characters to specific factions. This one focuses on the Empire and the Vampire Counts. Empire gets Volkmar the Grim, a warrior-monk style character who focuses on buffing Flagellants (one of the new unit types) and buffing nearby allies with the use of Battle Prayers. Unit-wise, they get Flagellants, a block of lightly armored zealots who will never run from combat, Free Company Militia, a hybrid ranged-melee unit that uses both pistols and swords, Knights of the Blazing Sun, cavalry with Magical and Flaming attacks which make them particularly useful for dealing with Ethereal and Flammable units, and lastly the Arch-Lector lord, who serves a similar role as Volkmar does, but unnamed (and thus able to die permanently). Vampire Counts get Helman Ghorst, a Necromancer character who gives the faction increased research speed and has a unique variant of the Raise Dead spell that allows him to summon Grave Guard or a Wight King. Unit-wise, the Vampires get the Corpse Cart, a slow wagon that buffs nearby units and can be purchased in variants that hinder enemy spellcasting or add regeneration to its effects, the Mortis Engine, which slowly heals nearby troops and slowly damages nearby enemies, and the Strigoi Ghoul King, a lord that focuses on buffing Crypt Ghouls and Crypt Horrors and has a variant of the Raise Dead spell that lets him summon these units. Lastly, both the factions benefiting from this also gain access to Regiments of Renown, a set of unique units that are reskinned/tweaked versions of normal units and can be recruited in the campaign only after at least one lord has hit certain level thresholds.

The King and the Warlord - Another Lord Pack, this time focusing on the Dwarfs and Greenskins. Compared to The Grim and the Grave, the Lords added by this pack head up their own factions in the campaign, giving you the luxury of a different starting point and gameplay experience. Greenskins get Skarsnik, a goblin tactician who focuses on buffing goblin troops. His faction, Crooked Moon, can only recruit Orc units from one specific settlement, Karak Eight Peaks, but gets a discount on recruitment and upkeep costs for goblin units. Unit-wise, they gain Nasty Skulkers, ambushing goblins who get a buff to their stats when they are winning a combat, Squig Hoppers, armor-piercing cavalry good for dealing with Dwarf troops, Squig Herds, likewise armor-piercing and good at dealing with Dwarfs, and the Night Goblin Warboss, a Lord that buffs goblin units in much the same way as Skarsnik. Dwarfs get Belegar Ironhammer, heading up the Clan Angrund faction, who start with 4 Ancestor Ghost heroes. These heroes are Ethereal, massively reducing damage they take from non-magical attacks, have zero upkeep, cause Terror, and are immune to hostile agent actions on the campaign map. Unit-wise, they get Rangers, fast-moving ambushing crossbowmen, Bugman's Rangers, a slightly tweaked version, the Bolt-Thrower, a ballista, and the Runelord, a Lord that serves as a stronger counterpart to the Runepriest Hero, and thus focuses on buffing nearby units and debuffing enemy units. Both Crooked Moon and Clan Angrund start more westwards than the main Greenskin and Dwarf factions, starting towards about the midsection of the Empire, but have incentives to capture the fortress of Karak Eight Peaks - Unless Karak Eight Peaks is owned, Skarsnik suffers reduced public order in his provinces, while Belegar has increased upkeep costs for all his units. As with the Grim and the Grave, the factions in this gain access to Regiments of Renown units. Greenskins and Crooked Moon both get to field the new units, so you don't have to play Crooked Moon to get Skulkers or RoR units, and likewise with Clan Angrund/Dwarfs.

Realm of the Wood Elves - Another Campaign Pack, this allows you to play as the Wood Elves, operating out of Athel Loren in eastern Bretonnia. Their minicampaign revolves around restoring their holy tree while defending against Beastmen incursions, and takes place in a zoomed-in version of southern Bretonnia. Clearing this minicampaign allows you to use the Mousillon faction (recolored Vampire Counts) and the Red Duke in single- and multi-player Custom Battles. Wood Elves focus on a more lightly-armored, skirmishing style of combat. Many of their units are more lightly armored, and most of their ranged units can fire while moving, with several being able to fire in a full 360-degree arc around them. The Wood Elves uniquely can conquer and occupy any settlement, even the ones way up north in Norsca that other factions can't settle, but can only establish crappy little outposts outside of Athel Loren itself. Recently got a buff in a hotfix that increased the ranges on all their units and buffed the stats of some of their melee troops. Notably Wildwood Rangers apparently got about 9 extra damage more than they were supposed to get. Once again, as mentioned beforehand, if you are not personally interested in playing Wood Elves, you can ignore this DLC and they sill still be present in your game.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

KazigluBey posted:

Oh for sure dude, I'm just saying it wasn't a full loss. Heck reading about ET Settra was what got me pumped for TKs being in this game. That's what, the third standalone or the second?

The tricky thing with Tomb Kings is that they're very much an Old World race, even if they operate out of Warhammer Egypt. They stick to their own territory and only venture forth to attack people who take their stuff and/or Vampires, with the most common offenders being crusading Bretonnians, Imperials seeking their fortune, and a Dwarf Hold near the TK city of Mahrak that has been in a dispute over ownership of a hammer for more than 2 millennia, with the hammer having changed hands a dozen times (I think this is Karak Azul, which is currently in-game, but I may be misremembering).

As a result they don't really fit in with the most likely Game 2 of Dark Elves, High Elves, and Lizardmen, nor do they really mesh well with the Dark Lands crew of Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs. Various things in the current game have me holding out hope for a last-minute TK addition but it's generally viewed as a long shot that they'll happen before Game 2.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

sassassin posted:

I've had to fight the same army 3/4 times after a retreat to fully remove them before.

I don't autoresolve, either.

Supposedly killing an army's Lord resets their retreat so they do the auto-retreat again rather than being eliminated due to having no retreat left. I can't speak for the truth of this myself, as I'm firmly in the camp of "kill the rest of the army to make the Lord route from Army Losses"

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

To add to what's already been stated, I've seen some people reporting that Marienburg and the other town in the Wasteland(? I think it was that one) are currently bugged to not have control points. If true this may have contributed to your confusion, as it would mean that you couldn't capture the gatehouse to open the gates.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

Is the minotaur upkeep increase faction wide or just in his army?

Factionwide, and Gorebulls don't have increased upkeep.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

You can see what faction is being played both from the top banner and the button by the end turn button, he's playing Chaos and fleeing from the grand alliance.

Edit: Vampires also at war with him, they've got the crossed red swords above their army. Granted, it seems that city they're sieging is their more pressing concern.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Also, High Queen Khalida. She had better be the other/another starting Legendary Lord, given that her home base is well away from Settra's and she has a different way of doing things.

Victory Conditions
The following factions must be eliminated:
Vampire Counts, Mousillon, Vampire Counts, Schwartzhafen, Vampire Counts, Templehof, Vampire Counts.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Was Casket of Souls in the latest TK army list? I haven't played WFB for 10 years.

It was, but with a functionality change: where the old version damaged all enemies who had line-of-sight to the casket when opened, the most recent rules had it fire a shot with a chance to bounce to other nearby units, potentially bouncing until it ran out of eligible targets. In exchange the Casket was no longer tied to your Liche Priest and they lifted the 1-per-army restriction.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

jokes posted:

I know that they try really hard to allow for each faction/race to be able to fight any other faction/race in the lore. Does that mean there's an actual explanation as to why tomb kings would ever fight, say, bretonnia? Like, I know that there are people looking to loot their poo poo, but Tomb Kings aren't launching crusades into the Reikland or something.

To add to what others have mentioned, during the Cusades against Araby, Bretonnia's beloved Duke Cheldric was assassinated by Prince Apophas, a humanoid swarm of flesh eating scarabs with a skull who is the personal assassin of the Nehekharan death god. This led to a bunch of angry spinoff crusades into Nehekhara to seek vengeance.

One of these secondary crusades successfully recovered Duke Cheldric's body, hauled it back to Bretonnia, and paraded it around the country in celebration. Some zealous battle pilgrims even made a grail reliquae out of it and carried it into several battles. The body turned out to actually be the slumbering king Amanhotep the Intolerant, who butchered several peasant villages in the process of footslogging back to his city Zandri.

Amanhotep later featured in Dreadfleet piloting a barge with a pyramid built on it that was pulled around by giant animated statues and shot solar lasers.

Dartonus fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 2, 2017

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Gejnor posted:

Comedy Option: Its that Vampire Counts dude we paid off in Game 1 to explore some sunken city thing.

That Vampire Counts dude is Count Noctilus, the main baddie of the Dreadfleet tabletop game and leader of a navy of ships that include the Curse of Zandri mentioned in my prior post, a giant dead Sea Monster crewed by Skaven, a mechanical kraken piloted by Chaos Dwarfs, and a literal ghost ship. Noctilus's personal flagship is a giant ship made of the conglomerates wreckage of smaller ships.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

As bretts those techs are very helpful, and you don't need to be that much stronger than them. Just keep gaining chivalry and fighting mutual enemies and they'll join up eventually.

Adding to this, there's no cooldown on Bretonnia's confederate option so you can do what I did: After researching all the techs, find the weakest dude, get them to confederate, find the next weakest and with the added strength from the new armies, get THEM to confederate. Repeat until Bretonnia is united, then disband all the armies you got from all the confederations because otherwise you'll go bankrupt the next turn because half of those guys are running stacks of nothing but peasants for some reason.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

AtillatheBum posted:

With the Bretonnian start positions can you still get access to the LLs that you don't pick to start with? I started with Alberic(the Duke of Bordeleaux) thinking if I confederate the factions with the other LLs I would get them, is that true? Also if that is the way it works then is it possible to get a LL whose faction was destroyed before you confederate?

Yes, you can get the LLs from other factions if you confederate, and No, I believe you can't get the LLs of factions that are destroyed, unless it's possible to get them via some shenanigans involving the factions reviving by spawning as a stack of Rebels and claiming a settlement (no idea if this works).

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

... i was going to joke about giving everyone vanguard deployment, but come to think of it i can't recall the AI using it, really. what happens if two vanguard deployment armies face off, anyways? id guess there's a way to keep them putting dudes right on top of each other.

I haven't seen the AI use it, but in several multiplayer matches my vanguarding Beastmen have coincidentally been placed in the same spot as enemy vanguards. It leads to an immediate melee between the units.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Prince Apophas or bust.

I want Apophas as an agent. If people complain about assassins now, imagine the tears regarding a Legendary Hero assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Did they ever add regiments of renown for the beastmen or the other early DLC factions? Any plans to been announced/

Still no regiments of renown for DLC factions, they mentioned that the upcoming Faction DLC (the one that's the early adopter bonus for Warhammer 2) is coming with a FLC that "benefits DLC owners" but what this means, and what form this benefit takes, has not been clarified yet.

• Locked thread