Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Li Dawny posted:

Yes, for the most part. I'm getting married in a month and a half and things seem to be crumbling around me with every plan I make.

I hope everything resolves itself and if you're ever looking to vent to a nonjudgemental stranger on the internet, my door is open :glomp:

(I still think there's a good chance you're scum this game though :ohdear:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(a) On a phone for the night.
(b) do my avatar Jimson!
(c) the fact that there are "bosses" of a "gang" and a "family" makes me think two scum teams
(d) I still think AA is lying about his role but want to reread the game before I vote

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Admitting I'm wrong? You lied about your role! How is it that you're USB and a lottery role? I don't believe it.

Did you ever address this case?

Murmur Twin posted:

Going back to this for a second, AA posting this on D1 (knowing he's a cop in a game with brewers) doesn't sit well with me.

Answer #1:

Answer #2 (when it was pointed out that the original post was made on D1)

And it really does seem to me like AA was caught in a lie, otherwise he would have just led with answer #2 there. I can't imagine someone who was actually a cop pulling the "I don't care if I die" card and to me the most likely explanation is that he's not actually a cop.

And even if he is one, he's out of shine, so if we lynch him we either (a) get scum, great! or (b) we lose a vanilla town and get confirmation on FL's alignment. ##vote AA

Has there been any evidence that there were duplicate shine roles distributed? I thought AA was lying about his cop claim before (because why say he doesn't mind dying before he's used his 1-shot?), and the fact that KB flipped cop further makes me think AA was lying. Also I find his content to be suspect at best:

How could I know how many bosses there are, I'd rather this not devolve into a setup spec argument either. Judging by what you have claimed in the thread, there is an apparent inconsistency.

---

I'm beginning to think that the person they submit the kill to is not a player at all, and more of a factional kill, with some limiting factor. Like odd/even or contingent upon other bosses dying.

---

I'm not confused about dongs being town boss. I'm thinking Quid was always boss and he inherited no boss role. So town boss is dead, 2 3P bosses are dead. That would make you the last boss, and it's unlikely you're town.

Also I find it hard to believe that anyone would have a scum read on Quid at this point given Jake's death, a confirmed town masonry with TQ, and Adahn's honest visitor claim. ##vote AA

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

My point wasn't just to you, but to everyone who keeps saying that if someone has a shine role they have to be vanilla and that there can only be one of each role.

Setup spec is bad which is why I'm saying people shouldn't assume they know anything about what podima is doing.

There is 100% no way there's only one of each shine role bc someone already claimed my role (and no I'm not saying what it is. But it's not cop so don't nk me tia)

While I would hate to come off as rolefish-y, I'm trying to figure out what non-cop role ANarc has that's been claimed already. The only options are Honest Visitor or Reckless Night Vig and I'm not sure what the point is of sitting on either of those. In my eyes it's entirely possible that ANarc is lying about duplicate roles in order to help AA cover up a lie about being a cop.

I'll be here pretty much all day, delving into other cases now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Flying Leatherman posted:

I started looking at Li Dawny after reading MMT's post, and something jumped out at me while I was reading.

This happened in the space of slightly over two hours and one page. It feels manufactured, being over that short of a timeframe. I don't see anything in the intervening posts that would make it that much more important to get votes consolidated and get a train rolling.

##vote Li Dawny

FL, is Li Dawny still your strongest scum read? If not for AA's cop claim (which I'm very suspicious of) I would have a strong scum read on FL because his only case has been a reasonably easy one to make that he hasn't really been trying to build on. He doesn't really seem invested in trying to find scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

1. It was addressed, and I reread Quid's claim. He just said he was given the role and stated he wasn't an actual USB. An oversight on my part.

When KB asked why you said you didn't said you didn't have a useful role you said "I did, FL is town", but then KB (correctly) pointed out that you originally said you didn't have a useful role on D1. When he pointed that out, you said

quote:

In regards to this post, it followed my drunk night and suspicion was building up on me. Given that I was a shine cop with 1 shine, I expressed honestly the stance I still stand by. Fine with dying because in contrast, we can look at who pushed it, their reasoning and decide if they're scum or not. The odds of me copping scum n1 were about the same odds of jake reckless vigging one. So why is it a big deal to make that statement? I think KB os just trying to imagine he's caught me in something, because it's truly not being caught in anything. Heat built up on me, I made a defensive statement that expressed my alignment and hinted I was fine going, but had a useful role.

While I guess it's fair that it was addressed, I'm not sure I believe your explanation. I don't think a town cop would say they were willing to die until after they had an investigation. It doesn't help that the person you're clearing as town hasn't been all that engaged with the game.

quote:

4. ANarc could be lying, but her posts don't actually come off all that 'scummy' to me.

I just read ANArc based on this and I'd love it for you to explain what you see as "not all that scummy" because her only case this game has been a meta read on you.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(Full disclosure: I earlier called this a meta case but had kind of blended together her point on Infi with her point on AA. Her case on AA wasn't based on meta. My bad!)

Anyways:

I think this is probably a huge town slapfight and scum are just sitting back and :munch:ing

In Disney Princesses, infinitum did some fun and hilarious song writing which caused him to coast for a very long time. Turns out he was scum. I'm not gonna let someone get away with trying to entertain the thread to stay alive again.

Notice that AA's story of rereading the thread actually has very little content. There's nothing to back up any of his suspicions or vote. It's more like a summary of the thread than commentary and that is inherently scummy.

##vote aa

This is ANarc's case made on D1. She throws suspicion on Infi but doesn't follow up, and then puts out a vote on AA for white noise posting. She later jumped on the Glowku vote on D1 to avoid a no-lynch.

A majority of her posts for the rest of the game are either discussion about setup or referencing her original case on AA:

Boss isn't a shine role. So I guess he was either a boss backup or a universal backup. That fits with what I said earlier about shine roles not only being for vanillas.

I still like the case on AA.

---

This is such an OMGUS. Me and TQ both think you're scum. TQ unvotes and now you vote me. Oh please. If you actually think I'm scum, make a case. Btw I don't believe your shine role claim. Since roles are in the OP it's really easy to just claim whatever you want, and if you are scum, you can obviously say you cleared someone because you guys know who isn't scum.

---

I think more than one person can have the same shine role. Either that or someone in this thread is lying.

---

You all seriously need to realize that shine roles are not just for VT. I am basing this on

---

My point wasn't just to you, but to everyone who keeps saying that if someone has a shine role they have to be vanilla and that there can only be one of each role.

Setup spec is bad which is why I'm saying people shouldn't assume they know anything about what podima is doing.

There is 100% no way there's only one of each shine role bc someone already claimed my role (and no I'm not saying what it is. But it's not cop so don't nk me tia)

---

I'll put my vote down now since I still stand by my case. ##vote aa

---

Omg how many times do I have to say this - there's no such thing as an uncced cop in this game. There isn't only one of each role so counter claiming doesn't mean poo poo

---

##unvote ok but I still think he's scum. Especially if he's still alive tmrw after claiming cop.

Like there isn't really a whole lot of content to analyze. I find it suspicious that her original case on AA was for "lack of content", but that she stayed suspicious of him after he made a cop claim that she's claiming she believes.

I would vote ANarc but feel stronger about AA.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Hey guys Moat has claimed both that she asked Pod when she got her role PM and after N1 when she gave shine to flerp, a player whose alignment she did not know.

Moat is lying scum.

I'm reading over Moat to see if I can find the lie and right now my understanding of the situation is that Moat thought he could give out Shine every night, chose flerp night one, and then after N1 expected to be able to distribute more and then found out he couldn't. Is there something he said that contradicts that that I'm missing?

Also, Moat - what pronouns do you use? (I usually just ask if I don't know :j:)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

All of these are in order. AA goes on all D1 talking about how me and TQ are scum, says that he doesn't have anything to lose, but softclaims cop. D2 he comes out and hardclaims cop, says that he wasted his cop on FL, and his very next post is that he still thinks TQ is scum.

Fake {Cop} claim, anyone?

I agree with this. If AA was a town cop, logic dictates that he probably would have used it on Adahn or TQ (especially as a 1-shot cop, the whole goal is to find scum). If AA was scum faking a cop claim, it would make sense to claim to use it on someone else so he could continue putting pressure on his fake reads.

Also, the only evidence that I'm seeing (and again someone can correct me if I'm wrong because I very well might be) that shine roles can be duplicated is what ANarc has been saying, and since she's not sharing any further information I don't necessarily believe her. The fact that KB flipped cop makes AA's claim a lot less believable to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

lol, you're so cute MMT.

;-*

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Any thoughts on who tpinks scumbos are?
Unrelated note (kinda)
Also... has mmt checked in?

I've been here all morning! Admittedly I was at the doctor's office (not a breadcrumb, I was literally having a physical) for the last two hours...

Truth Quark posted:

That isn't a post by AR though. You said AR gave a reasonable explanation for his vote.

My point is that you made a post about suspecting AR based on Infinitum's case, and you made a big point of emphasizing how bad you thought that case was. You then never followed up on any of it like a town player would, because you are trying to give the appearance of scum hunting but aren't actually scum hunting.

... but I agree on the case on tpink (specifically the above) and would be willing to vote for him as we approach deadline. He had been going under my radar for most of the game but in retrospect it really seems like he's been fabricating opinions and trying not to be noticed.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

tpink posted:

Yeah, I misremembered - I knew there was something that made me change my mind about AR but it was that post I linked rather than AR's post.

Who are your strongest reads at this very moment?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

also i'm carrying on the spirit of my Shine 1 character finley oliver, who got hate crimed for being a doublevoter

##vote AR

(that's a joke vote)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

I'm telling you Adahn he probably did cop KB. Found out he was an actual cop and that's why KB got nked

I agree with this - tpink's alibi of "I rolecopped the person N1 who was NKed N2 and flipped cop", if anything, makes him look more suspicious.

Shine games are now 2-for-2 in legit getting me to laugh.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

WARNING META READ AHEAD

WARNING META READ AHEAD

When I am busy and not fully invested in a game where I am scum. It takes my scumbys reminding me in doc that yo u should play for me to actively make posts and when I do they are usually I'm huge spurts to give the illusion of being an active player.

Other than that though mmt is playing town. Hence why I accused them in a joke and not in a vote.

For what it's worth I usually check the game on my phone throughout the day because it's fun to read, but when it comes down to actually casing people I like to do so on my laptop and when I can set aside an hour or two. If I absolutely have to lurk through a game because of life stuff I'll usually just replace out.

In this particular case I feel reasonably sure that tpink is scum (and am highly suspicious of AA and ANarc) and most of what needs to be said there has been said.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm gonna put it out there - Hal and LD both appear to be hanging around and not posting content, and I'd be casing them if not for the fact that I think there are stronger cases to be made elsewhere.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hi guys sorry I've been jet lagged af. I'd really appreciate if someone could give me some shine tonight so I can be useful.

What happened when you used your shine the first time? I acknowledge that this might come off as rolefishing but at this point in the game I feel like it's worth asking just to make sure ANarc isn't lying.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

AR was TQ's kill, sooooo, either scum didn't target anyone or they killed Adahn maybe? Iono.

Pretty sure that Adahn took Jake's {Reckless Night Vigilante} and ran into town. I'm trying to figure out if he breadcrumbed who he was going to target but I'm not seeing anything.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

Your target will absolutely die, unlike mine, so whatever your decision don't make it shallow.

Your death wasn't in vein Adahn!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

:aaaaa: @ adahn + mt. Well done and I buy it.

MT, did you ever try to see if KB copped someone?

Hah, I did actually - unfortunately if I'm right, I don' think it's useful:

Murmur Twin posted:

Yay, TMM is town! :j:

I said this as a meta read based on TMM calling Adahn stupid. KB took that ball and ran with it:

King Burgundy posted:

ROFL seriously. No question that TMM is town this game.

King Burgundy posted:

Ok after my reread feeling the following alignments:

Town:
TMM - Meta
Quid - Honest Visitor
Adahn - Seems like earnest but frequently wrong town based on posting, in general. Was right on Inf at one point though.
FL - If AA is actually telling the truth, FL is town. Wouldn't go after FL unless AA does indeed flip scum.

Like yeah TMM seemed townie to me at that point in the game, but the evidence wasn't that strong so I have to assume KB copped him. Not really helpful now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Viva is right that I'm town and all the stuff she says is good points. However, making arguments that someone is town is not great case work. She might be scum that knows I'm town and is just talking about how towny I am to buddy up or gain town cred if I flip. Casing someone as scum is a lot harder than saying someone's town for such and such reasons. I am suspicious of viva

This feels pretty hedge-y to me - the point against Viva appears to be that making town reads is easier than scum calls (true) but you're not really calling her scum / making a case so much as pointing out that you find one thing she did suspicious.

In Disney Princesses, infinitum did some fun and hilarious song writing which caused him to coast for a very long time. Turns out he was scum. I'm not gonna let someone get away with trying to entertain the thread to stay alive again.

Notice that AA's story of rereading the thread actually has very little content. There's nothing to back up any of his suspicions or vote. It's more like a summary of the thread than commentary and that is inherently scummy.

##vote aa

I agree with this case. I actually got a lot of the same feelings from moats posting before I even saw this one. Moat is doing what scum often get caught doing - summarizing the game because it makes it look like they have content. He calls out someone for not scum hunting when he hasn't done any the whole game. He posts a lot about setup spec. I'm def getting a scummy vibe from moat.

Would vote aa or moat today

These are the two main cases that ANarc made but they were from a few days ago. ANarc - is Viva your strongest read at the moment?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Sorry podima and thread. I thought I'd be able to participate more and i feel bad that I'm not around much.

It's weird that someone said my comment on viva was omgus when her read on me was town. I don't know if she's scum but i didn't like the way she made a whole big "content" post calling me town.

Quid why the hell would i visit scum with my ability. That makes no sense. I figured after the boss fight on day 1 that since one of them was most likely town boss, i should visit them to confirm me. I had to decide which one i would go for and i thought dongs was the better option.

I don't believe this story. I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of a town ANarc on N1 and even if I thought that one of dongs/Inf was a town boss, I don't see why playing those odds (50% of getting a town boss) is better than picking someone at random.

I'm fine with ##vote ANarc until, at the very least, we get a scum call / case from her. Most of ANarc's content surrounds the idea of duplicate roles / her honest visitor claim but she hasn't made a hard scum call on anyone since the early stages of the game. I get a similar vibe there than I did from tpink.

Li Dawny posted:

I investigated Imgay last night and got scum.

SirSamVimes posted:

No, top badguy reads are anarc/hal/aa, the fact that he used his cop on me day when I had already explained why nobody should cop me still bugs me, ocean blue.

This game is great :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

No, top badguy reads are anarc/hal/aa, the fact that he used his cop on me day when I had already explained why nobody should cop me still bugs me, ocean blue.

Can you explain why AA is in your list of top badguy reads?

I'm suspicious here because the list he named seems like a fair enough list of scum suspects (if not for the breadcrumb I would 100% think Hal is scum), but his reason for AA ended up not applying to this game. It makes me think SSV might have just skimmed the thread for other people who have had heat on them / would be easy to case.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

flerp posted:

it cant be jimmy since im lovers with him

Quidnose posted:

Aligntment-Confirmed?

flerp posted:

hes my best friend i cant handle it if u kill him

Props to flerp - this interaction made me :lol:.

That said, I just went to go case flerp and realized that he doesn't really make a lot of posts that have anything to do with who he thinks scum is. He threw out a meta vote on Li Dawny* and jumped on the tpink vote when it was clear that he was scum, but other than that there isn't really much content.

Flerp - who are you most suspicious of right now?

*(at some point I feel like we need to take a look at Li Dawny, I didn't want to keep pushing on someone who can't participate as much due to real-life stuff but at the same time we shouldn't ignore the fact that she might be scum)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

I would be ok with a CPig lynch, but if I'm being honest I really don't like how much buddying Jimson has been doing either.

I went back and re-read Jimson and I think you're totally right on this.

Holy poo poo haha Congratz MMT! I was gonna try and start another quick blurb about your play and see what people said but that is a nice catch, and I am having a hard time seeing you as scum for bringing that to our attention.

Flerp no I love you

Other wise pick smart and I'll defend your decisions I honestly think your town also adahn

I like your play style viva nova. It's the exact opposite of mine. I think me and you need to get together and start a super hero duo. I'll be the brush cool one who has fire powers and you can be the cool sciencey one.

Jimson is being reaaaaally friendly. Even when he calls CPig scum, it's super polite:

Not in that same joking way I read Li Dawny but he seriously seems like he is going out of his way to be mean and combative like he is over reaching as an ""emotional town player"" but in the games I've played with cpig he has an amazing poker face and wouldnt wear his heart on his sleeves unless he had a reason.

I went back and re-read Jimson's post history from the first Shine game. It's completely different. 14 pages of shitposting, mostly one-line posts, and throwing his vote around on anyone and everyone. I spent that whole game thinking he was scum and the only thing that stopped me from leading a charge on him was that he was investigated as town.

Meanwhile in this game he has 5 pages worth of material, much of which is spent drawing people. I know it's a meta read but it's a really stark difference compared to how he played (as town) last game. I think I have a similar read on Jimson that I usually reserve for TMM - when he's town, he'll try and find scum and not really give a poo poo if he comes off as aggressive/argumentative. In this game, he feels almost too nice in a way that seems fake to me.

##vote Jimson

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Because I got things mixed up with the dongsbot game where I was a miller. Hurr durr.

I get that, but you said you had AA/Hal/ANarc as your top scumpicks which I assume applies to this game (unless they're all in the dongsbot game which I haven't read) so I was more interested in what you find suspicious about AA now that we know the rest of the stuff you said was a misunderstanding.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

So lots of people keep saying cpig is scum, but I'm not really seeing valid reasons.

Makes you think.

Who is your second-strongest scum read at the moment?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza/MMT - Belong in the tinfoil zone together. Both are kind of lurkey with the former being a supreme lurker. Nothing new under the sun there, but the alleged breadcrumb by Adahn is either perfect or masterfully convenient. I don't think these two are scum together, but if they are, then ace loving job because that breadcrumb seems hidden.

Adahn1986 posted:

Your target will absolutely die, unlike mine, so whatever your decision don't make it shallow.

(a) Adahn was talking about how he wanted to use his RNV and was concerned about choosing the same target as TQ. Are you saying that you think that Adahn, wanting to convey that TQ should think of his choice, naturally chose the phrasing "whatever your decision don't make it shallow"?

(b) When you say I'm lurking, do you mean that in comparison to (SSV, FL, Hal, ANarc, LD, Jimson)? I feel like I'm making my reads/POV reasonably clear - right now I'm most suspicious of Jimson (who seems to be intentionally posting to not ruffle feathers instead of actually looking for scum) and ANarc (who has been posting but hasn't been scumhunting and laid out a questionable claim).

(c) I started out suspicious of AA (we still haven't seen hard evidence of roles being duplicated to my knowledge?) but have eased up a bit based on what appears to be genuine attempts to figure the game out. I'd say I'm null there.

I think it's a good idea for you guys to flip me. I don't have a lot of time to play anymore and it will help you to look at the guys who are tunneling me and have been for the whole game (aa, pig)

##vote ANarc - if people want to argue for other people I'm down to listen and engage but given the holiday (and the fact that it appears that everyone who is in the game is a drunk :j:) I feel like it might be a tough sell to move the vote today.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm gonna make some game changing reads just for you MOattatilla

By definition, you making reads would be changing the game. :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Also lol how has no one commented on this

2/3 flipped scum, one remains unflipped. Why is cCat on the list for lurking but not any number of other lurkers?

Why is KB on the list as a potential PR, who was then killed at night?

CCat is on the suspect list for "av. sexually confusing. :lol:

And yeah, that list doesn't look like it was written to hunt scum, it looks like Jimson was given a homework assignment that said "make a list of reads, minimum 50 words". I also stand by my earlier point that a deceptively low % of his posts have anything to do with hunting for scum, and that his primary concern just seems to be staying on people's good sides.

And the most logical explanation to the KB question is that Jimson's scumbo tpink told him KB was a rolecop (that list was posted on D2 which follows that timeline). If Jimson flips scum I'd say we'd need to take a long hard look at LD next.

##vote Jimson

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

Also with 6 to lynch and quite probably 3 scum out there doesn't this put us in lylo? Or do the different factions change things?

While I don't think that 3 scum is a given, I also don't think TQ has to make a kill (and even if he does I don't think we'l lose) so we should have some breathing room.

Truth Quark posted:

For the record now that he's dead killing Hal was Quid's idea.

Can you fucks stop lurking because drat.

You wasted my best breadcrumb find ever :smith:

VivaNova posted:

Don't worry I wrote a big thing entitled 'how to scumhunt' that I'll post tonight~

I'm looking forward to this!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

This is all I need to say

While I admit that I hadn't placed a vote on tpink (because I wanted to give room for people to talk before hammer), I feel like it's disingenuous to imply I wasn't suspicious of him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Real easy to be suspicious someone is scum when u 2 are hanging out in the scum doc together.

Can you quote the post(s) that made you feel like KB had a power role / was a cop?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I am posting from a phone for the rest of the night but reading along.

I just did lmao and now y'all are gonna try and railroad me and like where is she? Hmm? You start putting heat on me and she dissamapears. But a few moments ago she was all on my junk until you guys jumped in.

In the event that this is actually being used as a case against me, I have a job that has me working evenings (see blog link in avatar). It's easy-peasy so on nights that I work I can participate on the phone, but for the most part most of my reading the game will occur in the mornings.

VivaNova posted:

I think if you follow these tips, you’ll have more success at mafia, become more engaged in the game and have more fun!!

:same:

If you are in fact scum that will go down as the best Mafia Mom post in history. :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Good morning!

I'm Vanilla {Doctor}. I started with one shine and targetted Quid on N2 - I figured he was near-confirmed town (Adahn's HV, Jake's RNV) and a hi-effort poster so he was a good potential kill candidate. This makes two Shine games in a row where I wasted my ability early for nothing and then slummed along as VT.

Truth Quark posted:

For all this weird poo poo happening re: VivaMomva, I still think Jimson is a better vote today.

I feel like even if you remove the VivaMomva post*, she comes off as invested in figuring out who the scum is and I wouldn't feel comfortable with a vote there.

Truth Quark posted:

Jimson's buddying seems to be working since few people seem willing to entertain the idea of him as scum.

I personally think it's crazy that people are ignoring Jimson, who:

(a) hasn't really shown any sort of consistent point of view throughout the game
(b) is clearly trying to butter people up with complimentary posting
(c) knew that KB was a cop, which either implies a sharp eye for detail or a rolecop scumbro.
(d) started casing me when I started casing him, but then didn't follow up on it when I wasn't around last night

I'm going to re-read flerp and CPig this morning but feel pretty confident regarding Jimson and would really like people to read over him if they haven't.

Li Dawny posted:

Whoever you've been pushing most because you're the biggest loving bus driver I've ever seen.

Nothing personal at all here and I appreciate that balancing Mafia with stressful real-life situations is frustrating, but I hope you can appreciate how, at some point, people have to start realistically questioning your alignment. If you are scum, it would make sense to play the way you've been playing.

* My two cents: while the content of that post might be more suited for the Mafia Discussion Thread than a game, I understand and agree with why she posted that. It does get frustrating to be town in a game where it feels like the rest of the town isn't trying to make cases, and I at least appreciate that she tried something.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

D2 I investigated Mmt and she came up Shine Back up.

Interesting that you targetted me instead of "suspected PR" Quid but whatevs!

Jimson is lying about my role and I feel, reasonably strongly, like it should be either me or him tonight.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

##unvote

Good call gonna stay the pimp hand for now.

Mmt?

I highly encourage you / anyone else on the fence to re-read me, and then re-read Jimson, and share thoughts / observances with the thread :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Getting people to do ur reads 4 u?

Murmur Twin posted:

I went back and re-read Jimson and I think you're totally right on this.

Jimson is being reaaaaally friendly. Even when he calls CPig scum, it's super polite:

I went back and re-read Jimson's post history from the first Shine game. It's completely different. 14 pages of shitposting, mostly one-line posts, and throwing his vote around on anyone and everyone. I spent that whole game thinking he was scum and the only thing that stopped me from leading a charge on him was that he was investigated as town.

Meanwhile in this game he has 5 pages worth of material, much of which is spent drawing people. I know it's a meta read but it's a really stark difference compared to how he played (as town) last game. I think I have a similar read on Jimson that I usually reserve for TMM - when he's town, he'll try and find scum and not really give a poo poo if he comes off as aggressive/argumentative. In this game, he feels almost too nice in a way that seems fake to me.

##vote Jimson

Murmur Twin posted:

CCat is on the suspect list for "av. sexually confusing. :lol:

And yeah, that list doesn't look like it was written to hunt scum, it looks like Jimson was given a homework assignment that said "make a list of reads, minimum 50 words". I also stand by my earlier point that a deceptively low % of his posts have anything to do with hunting for scum, and that his primary concern just seems to be staying on people's good sides.

And the most logical explanation to the KB question is that Jimson's scumbo tpink told him KB was a rolecop (that list was posted on D2 which follows that timeline). If Jimson flips scum I'd say we'd need to take a long hard look at LD next.

##vote Jimson

Murmur Twin posted:

I personally think it's crazy that people are ignoring Jimson, who:

(a) hasn't really shown any sort of consistent point of view throughout the game
(b) is clearly trying to butter people up with complimentary posting
(c) knew that KB was a cop, which either implies a sharp eye for detail or a rolecop scumbro.
(d) started casing me when I started casing him, but then didn't follow up on it when I wasn't around last night

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Here's something.

Jimson has been on two non-outfit aligned votes, and MMT has been on? none.

That argument willfully ignores the fact that I was casing tpink and that the only reason I didn't vote him was that it was early in the game day.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

11:42am:

Murmur Twin posted:

Good morning!

I'm Vanilla {Doctor}. I started with one shine and targetted Quid on N2 - I figured he was near-confirmed town (Adahn's HV, Jake's RNV) and a hi-effort poster so he was a good potential kill candidate. This makes two Shine games in a row where I wasted my ability early for nothing and then slummed along as VT.

11:46am:

Ugh fine. Ill claim

I am a role cop. I got it from the lottery I guess. Idk podog messaged me and was like LOL PICK A ROLE so I said I wanted 2 be a role cop. I got 1 shine for the shine gods.

D1 I investigated Kb so you can imagine why I wouldn't wanna claim it then. And after d2.

Somewhere in here I got shine. Not sure who from... Maybe one of the redirected flerp put on me?

D2 I investigated Mmt and she came up Shine Back up.

If there's still any doubt on this, I'd like people to ask themselves why Jimson waited until four minutes after I claimed to claim I'm something else. And then why, after I claimed something other than what he investigated, he tacked "I investigated MMT and she's lying" at the end of a post about a bunch of other stuff.

If Jimson were town he would know I was scum and be going crazy trying to case me right now, not offhandedly mentioning that he can prove I lied.

I'm here for a few hours and will address anything wants me to if it helps people get a read on the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Listen. One of us is scum no matter what we got caught in a possible lie so it really doesnt matter who you lynch. I just say lynch mmt first cuz you can always swoop back around and get me again. But how often are you gonna get traction on mmt?

I think you're supposed to be trying to case me here, not trying to get me lynched because "there's not enough material to get traction". :ssh:

• Locked thread