Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

exploding mummy posted:

yes, and they expire

You can still use the expired ones (I have) but they can be less effective - it's ~3 years past expiration for them to become completely unusable. I was told this (independently) by both a doctor and a pharmacist; although if the fluid inside the injector turns dark/cloudy, it's not usable at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

What do you think it would take for republicans to actually collapse?

Widespread old white death.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/773538109300547584

Trump's policies are ... something else. Jesus. (click on tweet to read them all)

The US National Defense Program...brought to you by the Heritage Foundation (TM).

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
She's +1 (without 538's unbiasing) in that USC tracking poll too.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Well, according to the New York Times, Aleppo is the "de-facto capital of the Islamic State"

https://twitter.com/_RichardHall/status/773876202457227264

It's not Raqqa?

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Why is Florida so uniformly terrible? I live in Pennsylvania and will quickly agree that we are a dumpster-fire of a state, but Jesus Christ, Florida. What are you doing.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Do no other countries have any form of patriotism, holidays or otherwise?

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

botany posted:

are we pretending now that the US isn't overdoing it?

Flag Day is a loving obscure holiday that I don't even think that the Boy Scouts recognize.

I mean, I think nationalism is pathetic and the line between it and patriotism is blurry at best, but is the US the lone country with these issues?

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
I honestly can't even follow what this argument is any more. I feel like that's a running theme in this thread.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

My god I can't imagine how people put up with second rate crap like electric stoves/ranges and electric dryers.

Because propane is loving expensive. For as much natural gas as Pennsylvania has, we have almost no infrastructure to deliver the gas to consumers, outside of the major metros.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Kilroy posted:

You're not seeing it through the lens of a person who is used to being called a racist homophobic bigot.

Would they be voting for Clinton in the first place? Is this ad aimed at getting new voters on the Trump train or securing his base? Because if I'm an undecided, I'm not sure that this does it (Do I want to be lumped in with loonies?).

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Right, it was the NC officials that pushed the Bathroom poo poo and then kept going with it even when their supposed benevolent corporate overlords like the NBA and Target shat on them for it instead of coming out to say how oppressed they are to let certain people have bathroom privileges. Weren't there a lot of out state idiots that "volunteered" to be bathroom hunters and demagogues for this?

Trump may be a big enough black swan to make the impossibility of NC voting modern Dem possible. They likely won't have a good new senate pick though.

As someone who works for a company headquartered in NC and has seen this idiocy in-person, literally the only people who support this are the most rabid Republicans and their associated legislators. Literally (and I'm being completely serious) the entire North Carolina business community has called this out as bullshit, and the Republicans keep pushing back, to the point that one rep even called a CEO a "pedophile-enabler" because he wouldn't back the law - I heard that secondhand, but it doesn't actually surprise me.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

Kellyann Conway is close to a network moment on CNN

Conway: ARE YOU CALLING HIM A LIAR?

Actual journalists: Yes. With pants constantly on fire.

CNN: LET'S TALK ABOUT CLINTON'S TUBERCULOSIS

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

I can't... How can anyone see this and think "yes, this is a campaign and a candidate that I would want representing my country." This is like the 3 Stooges on meth.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Andrast posted:

What bad things do you think Monstanto has done compared to any other big company?

Terminator seed, to me, will always be their biggest black mark.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

FairGame posted:

Let's revisit this in about 3 days which should be the amount of time needed for whatever (if anything) the weekend's lovely news cycle did. The 538 model, even the nowcast, is still going to lag based on a lack of post-lovely-weekend data to draw on.

Tell you what: I'll bet you an avatar or something that the Nowcast has NH at < 55% HRC at some point before Sunday at noon EST.

Then recheck in a few more days when Trump hasn't released his physical and it turns out that the Trump Organization is financing black market organ smuggling?

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

canepazzo posted:

It's 43-41 in a four way, too. Looks like she loses the young voters to Johnson/Stein

Don't third party voters tend to fail at actually voting? Or is that not relevant in this case because "lol this election?"

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
I hope Hillary just disembowels Trump during the debate. Literally.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

i wouldnt get your hopes up

You're right. It'd be hard to operate the chainsaw from her wheelchair/iron lung combo.

Also: Great loving plan Donny http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/14/news/economy/donald-trump-economic-plan-1-trillion/index.html

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Isn't Clinton still ahead of where Obama was at this point in 2012?

GET OUT OF HERE THIS IS FOR NIHILISM ONLY

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

canepazzo posted:

CBS poll out, 42-42 in 4 way LV, 41-39 Clinton RV. In a two way, it's 46-44 Clinton LV, 46-41 Clinton RV.

If this is as bad as Clinton polls, after her worst week, I'm not super worried. Trump really does appear to have a mid 40 cap though.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
What the gently caress: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-taxes/index.html

So...they don't want the electorate to look at Trump's taxes in the same way that they look at, say, the Clinton Foundation or Clinton's health?

Man, gently caress that whole family sideways.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Aaaaand Ford just called bullshit on Trump's statement that they were moving to Mexico. But nothing matters.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Shageletic posted:

And then the Walker poo poo-show and Trump debacle meet up just before the season finale

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/776416099508158464

And this will go nowhere. Because why should anyone investigate actually unethical, potentially illegal, dealings that don't have the word "Clinton" in them.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Lemming posted:

I am 100% certain both of them would prefer Trump to Hillary

I knew that they were idiots. I didn't know that they were outright evil.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

Jesus. The shifting goalposts are real.

First, it was "Trump will say something stupid and ruin himself again."

Then, when he didn't, it was "he'll never break 40% in the polls".

Then, it was "oh, Clinton still leads by four or five".

Then it became, "She can win even if she loses all the swing states".

loving hell. Just accept the fact she is losing and doing a lovely job of campaigning.

The debates are the only hope we have left before a madman takes office and kills us all.

Something something loving toxx something.

Edit: Except Trump himself refuses to affirmake that Obama was born here.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Yup.

Also gently caress yourself. Trump refuses to pull back on being a birther.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

Since when did this thread go from "swing states only matter" to "she's up two in the national polls everything is fine"?

POST A MAP

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Now they just need Trump to say it.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Zeno-25 posted:

Once PA and MI go blue on election night you can pretty much start popping the champagne. Thing is we're no longer looking at a generational landslide like the polls were showing a few weeks ago. Sad, but as people like Sam Wang have argued this election is very structurally similar to 2008/2012.

As much as the rural idiots in my state (PA) want to burn the world with Trumpism, the two bastions of civilization here will keep it blue.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Clinton is losing FL at the moment.

Speaking of states, let's look at this map:

1) I'd say this is pretty reflective of current polling for the 'battleground' states. I flipped Nevada because most polls put Clinton only at +1 or at the most, +2.

2) What state does Trump have the closest chance to flip to win?

Maybe New Hampshire?

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

btw polling on landlines/local area code cellphones will consistently miss a larger and larger number of liberal voters.

For instance, my family has lived in Austin for five years, all have 314 cell phones, and doesn't have a landline. We're not particularly unique or interesting. Changing cellphone numbers is annoying and land lines are a pointless cost.

This is something that has bothered me about polling. Aren't they missing an enormous sample this way? I can think of maybe 5 people that I know with landlines, and they're over 50.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Pittsburgh and Harrisburg?

I meant to include Philly, but calling that civilization just seems wrong.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I have a land line.

Okay grandpa. Tell us about when bread cost a nickel.

(You are probably younger than me)

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if many 25-30 year olds in Cinci have one. It was literally free with my TV/Internet. All y'all saying you know no one with a land line, are you in TWC turf or Comcast?

Comcast. It's definitely not free from them. I had an actual land line ~5 years ago, but it seemed like a waste.

Edit: At least not free in my area of PA.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Every article/post I've seen about the birther bit is calling bullshit on Trump saying that Hillary started it. Even CNN.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

T-minus 5 minutes until he blames Hillary. CNN "Hillary Called Obama a Muslim First, Says Trump"

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
When will polls start trickling out that reflect the fact that Clinton is not, in fact, dead like Reagan?

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

So minorities are easily-duped idiots? Is the Trump team's minority research a racist cartoon from the early 1900s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Antti posted:

Apparently Trump is now filming a promo of his new hotel with some cameras while the press pool was told to take a hike.

If this doesn't turn the media, what loving will? I mean, he just hate-hosed them and then said "let me finish on your face."

NYTimes article starts with "Donald J. Trump said he would like to move on from the conspiracy theory that the president was not born in the United States, which he has been clinging to for years."

That's...not bad.

• Locked thread