Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
they have BBQ pulled pork at my Costco eatery but I don't know how common it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I bought an air conditioner from Costco like 3 years ago, last summer it broke cause I dropped it putting it in the window. I took it back to Costco hoping they could repair it or something since I had long since lost the owners manual. they refused to repair it and instead offered me a full refund for a broken 3 year old air conditioner, their return policy is loving crazy.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

my vacuum croaked for good last week, imma go buy a Costco vacuum on my Costco card, prolly grab a Costco pizza and fill my car with Costco gas while I'm there

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

shoophobo posted:

May the cost be with you.

may you park in peace and save some more

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

there's two Costco's near me, one is smaller and is where every Asian in the whole entire world shops and is less a store and more a Fury Road-esque warzone.

the other is a little further out in the burbs but is bigger and 10x more chill because most people out here balk at having to drive all of 15 minutes.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Grem posted:

I haven't bought a second box of loving trash bags in many years, I don't know how many bags are in this loving thing but it's too huge roles and it's not even close to running out. Two big rear end rolls and they appear to break the laws of physics or are literally Jesus.

Also I got the Costco Visa, that's right fucks, THAT Visa. Get it if you haven't, seriously. I get paid, pay off the balance, and use it for every single spending I can except the mortgage. Bills, groceries, gas, parking at school, collecting the cash from friends at a restaurant and paying on my card. All cash back! Paid for a cruise, broke up with the girl so I cancelled it, got a refund, and still earned cash back on the original payment. Over $400 earned at it's not even close to being a year in my wallet.

I have the visa and can confirm it's good as hell

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does Costco even do gas at those baby states where self-serve is illegal?

yeah and it rules cause I have zero interest in pumping gas in the wind and rain like a loving peasant

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Chinatown posted:

i love how people feel some sense of superiority that they dont have to perform one of the easiest tasks i life aka putting liquid into a container

yeah it rules

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

thathonkey posted:

they have some of those curved tvs at my work i think they are actually worse thn non-curved somehow like wtf is the point of that

I asked a costco salesman once what the point of a curved TV was and he just shrugged and said he had no idea

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

uli2000 posted:

Top notch. Not a single loving peanut in the lot. Mostly cashews, which I hate more than peanuts, but my wife eats those.

you loving monster

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

GORDON posted:

Took forever for Jacksonville, NC to get an Olive Garden because the owner of the local lovely italian restaurant was on city counsel.

who the gently caress would want an olive garden?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

lol if you ain't getting a big rear end tin of costco peanuts

just lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I just got my Costco Free Money Check for using their credit card last month.

thanks for the free money costco

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

yeah I wish

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Kirkland Light Beer loving rules cause it's $22 for 48 beers

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

KakerMix posted:

Bought a motherfuckin' TREE at Costco my bros, 12 ft Fishtail palm for $60 goddam dollars. That's easily half the price if not more anywhere else.

And you know I filled up on fuel too.

gettin a load of that dog

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

if you ain't never got yourself a big rear end wheel of kirkland brie for four loving dollars then you are missing out.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

Costco's stuff won't necessarily be the cheapest but it will usually be the best at that price point. I've had very few Costco duds.

I gladly pay a lil extra at Costco to get that sick return policy. like I posted earlier I broke my Costco air conditioner by being a stupid idiot and even though it was 3 years old and I broke it they took it back in exchange for $300 cash money that I definitely did not spend entirely on hot dogs.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Rad-daddio posted:

My boss's nephew is married to the heiress of the Kirkland brand. I met her once, and she's really chill and down to earth. The nephew that she married is a completely useless manchild, though.

I recall a couple of stories where they both went on shopping sprees that totaled an average of 13000 USD. This happened constantly. Apparently, the nephew had a really expensive Lincoln Navigator that was desstroyed during the 9/11 attacks.

Last I heard, she/they were part of Mariah Carey's entourage and they were trying to find Mariah a bottle of painkillers.

All in all, it really gives an odd perspective to being a poor goon and eating greasy pizza by the slice at Costco.

I used to bang the Winco heiress back in college, which was cool for awhile. she used to casually buy me expensive poo poo like laptops and bikes.

but fear not, for now my only true love is a big ol dog and 20oz soda for a buck goddamn fiddy.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

oregon costcos don't have hard liquor (all state controlled) but at least we don't have a loving bullshit sales tax. dogs are a buck fiddy and by god that's what I shell out, no more no less.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Chinatown posted:

The real pro move is to order a pizza to go at the register inside the store. :discourse:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So one of my local costcos has poke salad and/or straight up sashimi in their refrigerated prepared foods. Anyone have experience before i drop 15 bucks on lovely tasting fish? (Obviously​ getting a dog and a combo slice either way)

I had costco poke at a party and it was good. Better than most grocery store poke but not as good as something you'd get from a restaurant or specialty truck.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

just got back from Costco, got a few essentials, some high quality local cheese (3yr aged white cheddar from coastal pastures), also stoked cause the good as hell Kirkland chicken broth now comes in 6 packs instead of 4 packs.

my final purchase was 3 (!) fuckin enormous heritage tomato plants. 3 different varieties including brandywine (!!), gonna see what does best in my limited sunlight. each one is nearly 2 feet tall and the entire 3 pack was only $9 drat dollars.

also you know I treated the wife to fine dining in the food court cause I am a gentleman

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Tato posted:

It was actually a complete distraction. While the one set of guys were going after the fake jewelry, the REAL crew was making off with sacks full of delicious all-beef hot dogs, chicken bakes, and pizzas.

They even smashed and grabbed the onion container :(

Why didn't the receipt checker do something to stop them? WHY!?!

mother of god no!!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I've been slowly losing weight by cutting carbs, sticking to an Atkins-style diet, and starting to exercise for the first time in my life, so as tempting as the $1.50 dog 'n' soda combo was, I abstained. But I bought a bunch of new mustards and a new jar of sauerkraut yesterday, and dogs have been sounding good, so for the first time ever, I bought the pack of Kirkland quarter-pound beef franks, the same ones they serve in the store. I ended up with 14 big-rear end dogs for $10, and already portioned them out in freezer bags, with some ready to cook when I get home tomorrow. They won't be quite the same without buns, but the drat fine quality of the dogs and exciting new mustards will make up for it.

I had a roommate who was no carb and the Costco Dog Slingers would happily serve him up a bunless polish dog with kraut and mustard.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I made a discovery today friends! Kirkland individually sealed frozen chicken breasts. This is gonna take my no flavor sous vide chicken to the next level! Praise be!

I have been buying a big bag of those chicken titties once a month, every month, for the last 5ish years. super easy to store and they make great meals every time. sometimes I pound em flat and fry a few up for breakfast, sometimes I dice em and add that Costco pesto, toss with pasta and you got yourself a piss easy dinner that makes plenty of leftovers.

now that I'm thinking about it I've never gotten anything from Costco freezers that didn't turn out good.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

eating out of one of these right now

also the metal tins of blistered peanuts are the best peanuts

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Bobcats posted:

The Tire Center is awesome because if the tire gets hosed up by whatever it's a cheap replacement

how cheap?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Rutibex posted:

funeral parlors work like movie theaters, no outside coffins. you think these guys are idiots?

i hope you plan to bury grandpa in the back yard

I'm just gonna sneak a coffin in my cargo shorts pocket

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

VideoTapir posted:

Anyone else's Costco carry game hens? Mine doesn't anymore, and that was the main reason we signed up.

the rotisserie chickens are down for pretty much anything

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I've been in Costco for like an hour and a half just chillin waiting for my 4 new tires ($70 off the set till the end of the month)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Nfcknblvbl posted:

If it makes you feel any better, they will terminate your membership permanently if you gently caress with them too much (like buying and returning electronics all the drat time).

I actually witnessed a member termination once. poo poo was intense.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

unpleasantly turgid posted:

what, you're just going to tease us with this story and not give any deets?

it's not a long story, I was in line to return a bookcase when the woman at the front of the line just blew up. she was shouting and screaming at the Costco lady behind the counter about how they had to take the return, you can't terminate my account, I'll sue you, etc. The receipt checker (a fat old guy) ran over saying that he was calling the cops to make her leave. she stormed out screaming and cussing at everyone.

looking back the funniest part is how all the customers couldn't have given less of a poo poo. people didn't even move out of their place in receipt check line.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

pacerhimself posted:

Got my tires installed today, ate a dog while waiting.

did you get the $70 off instantly set because I know I did

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

Discounted cargo shorts and cases of Monster, you'd think that would bring in some goon traffic.

the Kirkland t-shirts are seriously great

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dr. Capco posted:

Lmao @ stupid retard Amex for giving up their Costco deal due to nothing but their own greed.

now now it wasn't just because of their greed.

it's also because they think they're a highly prestigious brand that shouldn't be hobnobbing with lowly proles

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

BaconCopter posted:

Any 'stco goons dare experience the hell that has got to be Costco on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend?

I drove by ours and it was loving packed to the rafters, all spaces full and lines of cars circling endlessly

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

How are you guys getting sauerkraut? Do you have to ask for it because I only have the onion tumbler thing?

ask for it at the counter when you order

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You guys may have just changed my life.

go in peace and bland no more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

insulated staircase posted:

this kirkland steak jerky is real good, thanks whoever recommended!

do note that if you don't finish the bag inside 3 days (lol) you need to refrigerate the rest