Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Do you guys like artichoke hearts? You can get 64oz of them for $6.95.

Costco is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I just bought two ridiculously huge glass jars of marinated artichoke hearts for something like $10, when a tiny jar at Publix is closer to $3.

That's the one. they switched it from 1 64oz jar to 2 32oz jars wrapped together. Might have gone up to $10 but still god drat thats a good deal. I eat them on salads or chicken over the course of like 3 -4 months.

I also buy their roaster chicken two packs for like $7-8 depending on the weight.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Costco carries Palmetto pimento cheese. It's pretty great man. Also when you're there you can get a hot dog and a drink (with free refills) for $1.50!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'm taking the wife and kids this Saturday but at 9:00am when they open because it gets too crowded later in the day and my wife said to me when I was thinking about the dogs "That's too early to get hot dogs". Does Costco sell cheap divorce lawyer fees?

Aldo I'm gonna get 2lbs of smoked Gouda for $6 because their cheese is amazingly cheap. Oh and the salmon cakes because those are the best thing Costco sells.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Thanks guys! They do indeed open at 9:30 instead of 9:00. Maybe that won't be "too early for hot dogs".

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Praise be!

I also got super rad cheese danishes!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

kazr posted:

*squints* no kraut, you have much to learn young one

No kraut at this one man. Not that I'd use it all the time but don't even get the chance.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Original_Z posted:

Wait a second...there's something different...

Overall another successful journey with some new surprises! PBUC!

100% Pork Hot Dog?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Costco also has super fresh and really good bagels. 2 packs of 6 for $6! They have 4 different kinds, all great!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

In Atlanta at least Einstein’s bagels supplies Costco and they suck rear end.

I am in Atlanta. Sorry about your broken taste buds these are really good!

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 17, 2017

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My Costco is located near a movie theater so I was able to have dinner at Costco and go see spider-man. Too bad the tickets you can get for cheap at Costco can't be used on Marvel movies. Still, praise be!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
The AMC ones have a stupid stipulation that they can't be used on anything released by Disney. Unfortunately that means no Marvel films, Star Wars films, Pixar films and regular old Disney films. I honestly have no idea if that's America only. It was quite a shock to me when I tried to use them when taking a group to see guardians of the galaxy two "on me". Fuuuuck that got expensive quick.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Good Dog posted:

I'm in California so Costco sells the black ticket here.

I think that's the issue. I'm in Georgia and they sell the "red" tickets here.

Edit: Actually I don't know if they still sell the red ones here. The tickets I had were from a couple of years ago and just forgot them on the fridge forever. The website is offering the yellow or black ones so maybe someone could scope it out?

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 31, 2017

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It’s yellow in Georgia now, which are pretty open I believe.

Sweet! I was pretty bummed, glad they fixed it!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Costco also sells Kirkland brand tortilla chips which are really thick and delicious.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Last time I took sacrament I was really hungry so I got two dogs. I didn't eat the bun on the second one so it was a healthy meal.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Man I would have loved a Costco catered wedding. That's rad.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Garcin posted:

Please experience the crab-stuffed salmon at least once in your life. It's so incredible.

No joke this is worth your membership alone. It's not super cheap but daaaamn if it's not delicious. Then again, each one should be like 2 meals.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Gas is usually 40-50 cents cheaper in atlanta, right now only about 20 cents though :(

It blows. It wasn't always so lovely, just since Texas got hosed. I've been waiting for gas prices to get back to normal.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dely Apple posted:

Still mad at Popcornopolis leaving

That replacement stuff is garbage

Have you tried the big bag of The Mix from G.H. Cretors? It's friggin awesome and my wife and i fight over it.

This is what I get regularly and is my current grocery list this week
The Mix by G.H. Cretors
Stuffed Salmon
Danishes
Cooking oil
Gouda
Artichoke hearts
1/lb PLUS all beef hot dog with soft drink with free refill for $1.49

These are all excellent purchases and you should try them today!

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 17, 2017

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My Costco started carrying Brazi Bites in the freezer section. They're super duper good easy pao de queijo. Eat them with the fine meats you can find in the butcher section.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

The Midniter posted:

Bought enough candy in the form of Kirkland variety bags for $30 to give to 100 trick-or-treaters. We'll be lucky if we get 25 tonight. Do I return the second bag after Halloween like a dick, or do I get fat on candy? Decisions, decisions.

They sell full bar packs. You could have been the cool house.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Does anyone know if the Alpharetta Costco sells booze?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I live up in the sticks so I usually hit Barret parkway. I want some Kirkland Vodka and more Brazi Bites. Might get a bag of G.H. Cretors popcorn because the body is weak. I hate going ITP, will trip report!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I’m crossing my fingers, and hoping the Woodstock one will have booze.

It does not.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'm going tomorrow to get glasses. I've never gotten glasses at Costco. Is it rad? I bet it's rad. I'm also gonna get a dog and drink combo.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Trip report! So me, my wife and my daughter all got glasses. They got transitions and my wife apparently now needs bifocals (teehee) so she upgraded to progressives so overall before insurance it was like $600. We ended up paying just under $300. They seem like really nice quality and if you don’t spring for upgrades like me, mine were like $80 total before insurance. The optometrist was a really funny and cool lady from Israel who got a phone call from her husband and proceeded to curse him out in the middle of my exam. It was pretty amusing.

Brazi bites weren’t in stock so I’m hoping that was just a temporary thing because I want easy to make pao de queijo dammit!

Also I fed a family of four for $10 in the food court.

PBUC

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

SirPablo posted:

I'd rather buy 10 frames/lenses for $300 than one frame/lenses for $300. Different styles, don't care if they break, leave them in different places, etc. But whatever. Like I said, I do pick up my contacts there.

It would have been way cheaper had they not gone for upgrades and the necessary bifocals! Fear not! Costco will always do you right!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Chinatown posted:

The one in Superior.

Was it a good burger? I bet it's a good burger.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My glasses still arent in and it's been over two weeks now. WTH

Edit: I think they're monitoring this thread. I posted this and they literally just texted me that they just came in. :tinfoil:

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 22, 2018

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Turn that WTH into a PBUC my friend! I’m sure the extra time is going to make sure they are perfect :]

It did not test my faith! I will take sacrament today when I pick up my glasses, PRAISE BE UNTO COSTCO!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

First of May posted:

I pay $8/gal for milk at the regular store, but Costco has 2 gallons for the same price.

JFC where do you live? The Northern Provinces or something?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I've never even seen the polish as an option in the Kennesaw costco.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Same but also gently caress organic food

Organic milk does taste better IMO but that's about it.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I had to let my membership lapse. I'm on a pretty strict diet and I can't justify just getting veggies on the cheap for right now. I have to walk the earth lost for a bit and find my way back. Goodbye for now my brothers.

PBUC :(

Edit: I'll for sure renew next spring when I need new glasses though.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Huge_Midget posted:

Chicken bakes in their current incarnation are kinda gross. They should reformulate them minus the Caesar dressing and use ranch instead. Add some bacon bits too if they want to take it to Flavortown.

:911: