Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Incitatus posted:

How do bans on Reddit work? Can the account be reactivated or not?

Two types of ban

Sub-reddit level and the whole entirety of reddit ban

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

EminusSleepus posted:

Two types of ban

Sub-reddit level and the whole entirety of reddit ban

So one of the moderators of the Star Citizen subreddit, just got banned from the subreddit they were modding?

lol

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Incitatus posted:

So one of the moderators of the Star Citizen subreddit, just got banned from the subreddit they were modding?

lol

Probably, that is how stupid they are

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

This was supposed to come out over 3 years ago.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yep in a smoke filled room late at night where execs from EA, Blizzard and Ubisoft cackle as they chug down martinis plotting their next move against the underdog and savior of PC gaming.

yes this probably does happen. Except they're all have a good laugh at SC expense thanking the stars they aren't involved with it at all. Executives in the industry are laughing at SC like us. You know they come here to read this thread. This is ground zero of SC ripping.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon posted:

They don't seem to be handling the eurogamer article especially well either :ohdear:

It's so sad JS won't touch Star Citizen, because Duke Amiel du Hardcore readings of Citizen babble would be the best thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxyGKgTKYUM

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
StreetRoller pops down a camera and ad-libs a speech with more screen presence, gravitas, better delivery and timing, natural charisma, better enunciation, and a more commanding performance than literally anything Chris Roberts has ever managed to poo poo out, and obviously better than anything Sandi has ever done.

Off the cuff.

Chris, what is it like being shown that you're literally poo poo? That your best efforts in everything you attempt (except stealing and fraud) are blown away by regular guys not even trying?

What's it like, Sandi, that one guy in a wheelchair on YouTube bitching out your husband just put in a performance that, by itself, is better than all of your IMDB "achievements" combined?

I bet that non-criminals would feel bad about that. I bet Chris and Sandi don't.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Incitatus posted:

How do bans on Reddit work? Can the account be reactivated or not?

This kills the account

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Are murder fantasies on reddit a ban or is it more like a three strikes kind of thing.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Incitatus posted:

lol
No he was just making that post to show that he banned the other guy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress yes Streetroller!

Go get them.

Thread is good again.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

I know you are but what am I?

Thou art constructed from adhesive, while our aspect is that of rubber.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

Are murder fantasies on reddit a ban or is it more like a three strikes kind of thing.

Is it one person, or a group of people?

One person is usually a ban. A group of people gets you your own subreddit.

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 10, 2018

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Reminds me of biscuits and gravy.

I am going to :toxx: that I make the BEST biscuits and gravy there is.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Streetroller posted:

So Here's The Deal: I'm suing Chris Roberts for consumer fraud in small claims court.
Everything he's ever said will be used against him as a public figure, and his litany of LLC shell companies don't protect him.
He either comes to Jersey to defend himself, or get's a default judgment of being a fraud.

loving blow me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojx7VcbowYQ

alf_pogs posted:

no, your honour, i'm afraid you have the wrong man. i'm chris robert

Best of luck to you Streetroller!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Streetroller posted:

So Here's The Deal: I'm suing Chris Roberts for consumer fraud in small claims court.
Everything he's ever said will be used against him as a public figure, and his litany of LLC shell companies don't protect him.
He either comes to Jersey to defend himself, or get's a default judgment of being a fraud.

loving blow me.

That takes courage. I stand behind you every step of the way Streetroller! Godspeed.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

[deleted] 23 minutes ago
[removed]

:smug:

It's sort of comforting to know that even after dialing back my reddit posting, I still have to power to occasionally make the most unstable citizens mash the self destruct button just by showing up.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Scruffpuff posted:

StreetRoller pops down a camera and ad-libs a speech with more screen presence, gravitas, better delivery and timing, natural charisma, better enunciation, and a more commanding performance than literally anything Chris Roberts has ever managed to poo poo out, and obviously better than anything Sandi has ever done.

Off the cuff.

Chris, what is it like being shown that you're literally poo poo? That your best efforts in everything you attempt (except stealing and fraud) are blown away by regular guys not even trying?

What's it like, Sandi, that one guy in a wheelchair on YouTube bitching out your husband just put in a performance that, by itself, is better than all of your IMDB "achievements" combined?

I bet that non-criminals would feel bad about that. I bet Chris and Sandi don't.

Yes. Yessssssss.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlourXKu5Gc

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I think the best part of his lawsuit is suing for triple damages. The Stimperor approves.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Foundry 42 Ltd filed their accounts today. These are early, since they reduced the accounting period. They cover the six month period from 1 January 2017 to 30 June 2017.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history

There isn't too much of interest. Accountancy. Basically they no longer hold any cash reserves in the company, but things like bank balance and debtors (tax credit) don't hold much informative value since we're comparing June to December.

What is interesting is that the rumours of cutting back in staff numbers seem untrue. If anything they are increasing staff numbers in the UK exponentially. Foundry 42 Ltd employed an average of 221 people in 2016 which rose to an average of 284 people in the first six months of 2017. Wages in 2016 totalled some £9.8m but the first six months of 2017 totalled £6.05m. They have been fairly consistent with an average gross salary (inc ER's NI) of around £45k per employee.

There's a curious increase in "other creditors" that totals around £1.6m (up from £50k at December 2016). This is due for repayment within one year. It's not the other companies. Not really worth speculating what it is though.

It remains to be seen if they reduce the accounting period for the other UK companies, or if they extend them. Head says they should reduce and file a six months set. Heart says they will extend and file an eighteen month set. I really don't think there is a third "CIG option" to file a normal twelve month set of accounts...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

shrach posted:

increasing staff numbers in the UK exponentially.

<twitch>....<eyebulge>

Wait, mean number of employees? How much is the variance over a year?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

I think the best part of his lawsuit is suing for triple damages. The Stimperor approves.

To me the best part is peeling away Chris' layers of sycophants and forcing him to face at least one person who doesn't think he's a visionary, knows he's not qualified, and knows he's a fraud. People like Chris generally can't handle that, which is why he busies himself flying all over, making a nuisance of himself, and immediately getting rid of anyone who sees him for what he is. This will be a fun vacation for him - a staredown with a guy who knows he's a talentless oval office, instead of crowds of cultists chanting his name while he lurches around on stage waving and spitting.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Scruffpuff posted:

To me the best part is peeling away Chris' layers of sycophants and forcing him to face at least one person who doesn't think he's a visionary, knows he's not qualified, and knows he's a fraud. People like Chris generally can't handle that, which is why he busies himself flying all over, making a nuisance of himself, and immediately getting rid of anyone who sees him for what he is. This will be a fun vacation for him - a staredown with a guy who knows he's a talentless oval office, instead of crowds of cultists chanting his name while he lurches around on stage waving and spitting.

He wont show up.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dusty Lens posted:

Its more "complain to someone who avtually gives a poo poo enough for them to actually do something about it" or hope that the reddit admins themselves see it rather than your "friendly" "neighbourhood" "moderator"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

shrach posted:

Foundry 42 Ltd filed their accounts today. These are early, since they reduced the accounting period. They cover the six month period from 1 January 2017 to 30 June 2017.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history

There isn't too much of interest. Accountancy. Basically they no longer hold any cash reserves in the company, but things like bank balance and debtors (tax credit) don't hold much informative value since we're comparing June to December.

What is interesting is that the rumours of cutting back in staff numbers seem untrue. If anything they are increasing staff numbers in the UK exponentially. Foundry 42 Ltd employed an average of 221 people in 2016 which rose to an average of 284 people in the first six months of 2017. Wages in 2016 totalled some £9.8m but the first six months of 2017 totalled £6.05m. They have been fairly consistent with an average gross salary (inc ER's NI) of around £45k per employee.

There's a curious increase in "other creditors" that totals around £1.6m (up from £50k at December 2016). This is due for repayment within one year. It's not the other companies. Not really worth speculating what it is though.

It remains to be seen if they reduce the accounting period for the other UK companies, or if they extend them. Head says they should reduce and file a six months set. Heart says they will extend and file an eighteen month set. I really don't think there is a third "CIG option" to file a normal twelve month set of accounts...

but the layoffs?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Nuclearmonkee posted:

He wont show up.

This is Star Citizen and I can dream.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Nuclearmonkee posted:

He wont show up.

I'd like to point out: Something interesting happens if he decided to "no-show"...
He gets a default judgment as a fraud, which then can be used against him in future cases.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, yeah, the UK op is growing: Chris Robert, Chrys Roberts, Kris Robarts, Kriss Robbers...

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

:eyepop:

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Hav posted:

<twitch>....<eyebulge>

Very few of the employees are mean, most are just nice honest people. I was using hyperbole though, I should have known better in these dark days of linguistics.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Streetroller posted:

I'd like to point out: Something interesting happens if he decided to "no-show"...
He gets a default judgment as a fraud, which then can be used against him in future cases.

I mean I assume he will offer a legal defense but he won't physically show up. Also if you sued him personally don't you have to sue him in his local jurisdiction not in your own? I'm not a lawyer but I thought that's how it works for small claims.

They can just have it thrown out if you sue him in your local jurisdiction and he doesn't live there or anything (I think).

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Streetroller posted:

I get the reasoning behind such legislation, but what’s to stop Joe Nobody filing suit against Bezos or Tim Cook for a kerbillion dollars in such a situation?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

shrach posted:

So they are expanding the low-level grunts, that do the difficult work of trying to hack together something that appeases CRobblers' vision, while I get the sense they still have 70 and growing openings for little things like department leads.

Am I right in assuming this basically points to them having reached pretty critical levels of brain drain, while trying to compensate for it by hiring an army of fresh-out-of-school employees to try and brute-force things like programming that is bound to only get worse as time goes on? Because if so, bring on 4.0 at 1 FPS baby! :laffo:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

BeigeJacket posted:

I get the reasoning behind such legislation, but what’s to stop Joe Nobody filing suit against Bezos or Tim Cook for a kerbillion dollars in such a situation?

You still have to have a non-frivolous case backed by evidence before a judge will give a default judgement (and maybe even before it gets put on the docket?).

A kerbillion dollar case is outside small claims jurisdiction anyway.

How many kerbals are in a google?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Golli posted:

How many kerbals are in a google?

TIL

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

CrazyLoon posted:

So they are expanding the low-level grunts, that do the difficult work of trying to hack together something that appeases CRobblers' vision, while I get the sense they still have 70 and growing openings for little things like department leads.

Am I right in assuming this basically points to them having reached pretty critical levels of brain drain, while trying to compensate for it by hiring an army of fresh-out-of-school employees to try and brute-force things like programming that is bound to only get worse as time goes on? Because if so, bring on 4.0 at 1 FPS baby! :laffo:

If the ATV with Max Hung wasn't enough to show what kind of professionalism and experience they recruit I can't help you goonalure

(for those that couldn't follow it past his name... New Dude's working on spaceflight and combat while you get the idea that ace combat would be 3 times over his head already)

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Hav posted:

<twitch>....<eyebulge>

For the record though, their mean number of employees were:

First 15 months to December 2014 : 52
Next 12 months to December 2015 : 132
Next 12 months to December 2016 : 221
Next 6 months to June 2017 : 284

So they aren't slowing down.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I mean I assume he will offer a legal defense but he won't physically show up. Also if you sued him personally don't you have to sue him in his local jurisdiction not in your own? I'm not a lawyer but I thought that's how it works for small claims.

They can just have it thrown out if you sue him in your local jurisdiction and he doesn't live there or anything (I think).

Being a world wide organization means he technically does business here. This isn't some mom and pop shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

AP posted:

I think it just distracts them, shall we talk about how the FPS module was due in early 2014, renamed to Star Marine, 1st version got binned after wasting a couple of years and millions due to a Spinal Tap, stonehenge sizing issue

Fuckin loling at this. This could not be a more perfect description of the situation