Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
There is a version on the store that's basically the last gen disc version that includes most if not all of the last gen dlc. Not sure if that is the one on sale, but that is different than core fighters and a few of the other paid versions that have limited characters / features . There is a story mode and a number of costumes to unlock per character but it is incredibly dwarfed by the amount of dlc costumes since then (and a small number of dlc characters.) I bought that version when it was on sale like a year ago but didn't actually play it that much. I should go back to it at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Also the only way to play as some of the virtua fighter characters in a game newer than vf5

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Takoluka posted:

WHERE IS NEO TURF MASTERS!?

Thursday. :saddowns:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Did they end up fixing the Marvel Ultimate Alliance port like they promised (or at least included the DLC)? That is pretty tempting at its discount (Still a bit overpriced, but I have been thinking of that game lately).

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

The original Steins;Gate never came out to PS4 like it was rumored to right? Some articles from awhile ago seem to imply it was planned to come with the first printing of the physical version of the sequel, maybe.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Ceramics posted:

Buy Darius Burst at that price if you've any interest in shmups whatsoever. It's pretty content rich, too.

DLC's are dope as well and probably won't be on sale again anytime soon.

I bought some of the dlc last time it was on sale and you have to be really nostalgic for the games referenced in each specific dlc for it to be worth the money. I think the main game is definitely worth the price though.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I got strike vector ex in Aug for free when they accidentally put it up as free in the US for a hot minute. Oh well I guess I can't complain too much about that.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I'm excited but they were really digging deep to hit 5 bonus features.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

Same. They said it would be released as digital too and never mentioned a delay between the versions so this is pretty annoying

It sounds like it's a mess up on Sony's side; it's up in the EU for instance.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think it's safe to say what game on that list most people in the thread would be excited about

Battle Garegga Rev.2016? :colbert:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Fix posted:

Another week with no sales? WTF gives, Sony?

PSX is this weekend. They'll probably do something for that.

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 5, 2017

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

In Training posted:

It should be free not 3 dollars

Not made by Sony, so of course they will try to make money off of it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Minidust posted:

Is Marvel Puzzle Quest good if I liked the old XBLA Puzzle Quest or is it just some bad mobile port job? If it's gonna feel like I'm going through a Free To Play loop on a paid PS4 game then forget it.

It's the later. I bought it upon release because I'm an idiot

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

If you look at random items on the sale, they seem to all end on different days. Many are past this week anyways, but not all of them.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Does our running joke ps+ game move to Knack 2?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I think the most common issue is that psn is really picky about addresses for billing and then out of the blue decides to autocorrect poorly the stored address.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

1redflag posted:

How dare you forget "The Bouncer"

Featuring some of the most square rear end names ever like Duragon C Mikado

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

Amazon dropped the 20% discount for remasters.

I thoughtit was EA not wanting to play ball with the discount on most of their games.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

univbee posted:

Oh hey we finally got another PS2 game on PS4.

King of Fighters '98. :cripes:

I thought it was the ultimate match version so it's not a ps2 game (or neogeo technically either)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Uh, what is this and why does it get a banner on the store homepage

I knew the Vita was in a bad place, but...

Edit: Oh my god its THE DEMON RUSH guy!

Oh man. Someone needs to buy it to see if good ol' Cracktackle is in it.

Did the creator get banned from here or did we just drive him away by making fun of him.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Was it actually reviewed by the esrb or did he just poorly copy and paste the M logo and type through text in?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Who's the jack-o?

Voldo is usually found on his back-o

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Surprisingly, Monster slayers isn't actually as bad as the awful art and UI make it seem. For the about an hour or two I've played so far, it's actually an addicting rogue like card game.

It might be a slay the spire knockoff, I haven't played that.

It's current sale price might be still a bit high though.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Policenaut posted:

All of the EG DLC courses are on sale too. If you pick up all 5 you've doubled the course size in the game and the campaign now lets you play them alongside the naturally unlocked ones.

How are they? I dropped off the game about 2/3rds to 3/4ths (never unlocked last course) through the campaign but have been looking for an excuse to go back.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Browsing through the store I learned there is a Brooks Cracktackle avatar. I can't belive the Demon Rush guy is still living the dream.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, Sony's had some weird PSP emulation/upgrade tech for a couple years now. Parappa, Patapon, and Loco Roco Remastered were all PSP ports with updated visuals. I've assumed at this point that it's all test bed work for those backwards compatibility and emulation patents that keep popping up from Sony.

For what it's worth, I thought Loco Roco felt really laggy. I never plated the original though.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Djmax is on there which hasn't been on sale ever.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Patapon 2 for ps4 will release 1/30 for 14.99 usd

A Thursday?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Baggot posted:

One game I'll highlight out of the sale is Puyo Puyo Tetris, which for a long time was only available on disc for PS4 because of The Tetris Company's insane licensing rules. It was finally released digitally on PS4 two years after its physical release in NA, almost exactly a year ago on 3/5/19.

It's been $20 since its digital release on PSN, and this sale marks the first time it's ever been discounted on PSN. It's $5 off, down to $15. I'm going to pick it up because I've been watching it since it finally went digital. It's the best way to play Puyo Puyo and Tetris combined or separately on PS4. Especially the multiplayer modes, which Tetris Effect has none of.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA05635_00-PUYOTETRIS000000

Seconding. I payed too much for an import years ago and then rebought it at some point digitally. However it did make me learn the story mode is less annoying when you don't know what they are saying.

Edit: I might be biased as I have been using the Starfy psn avatar for awhile

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 1, 2020

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Fix posted:

That explains it. They accidentally went live with it two days ago and then pulled it back.

It's not as good as the first but I enjoyed it when it first came out. Strong recommend for free. (Though I suppose for most people it will take less time to try it out than read this post)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Boinks posted:

Are Everybody's Golf courses ever on sale?

Only a couple times over the years, very infrequently . I bought them all last time they were on sale even though I haven't booted up the game since a month after it came out. I really need to play it again. I was probably very close to the end of the campaign.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Looks like DJ Max dlc is on sale for the first time ever including the brand new dlc. That's going to put a dent in my wallet even if I don't play the game much anymore. Stupid fear of missing out

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

I think I will have everyone's support now when I say "what the gently caress SONY????"

Just deal with it :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

The demon rush confirmed for ps5 aww yeah

4K Cracktackling