Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I finally beat Hard 9-5 after spending days boosting Liesa and my best gear. She comes in at 31,509 power score alone which is pretty insane IMO but even then it was barely enough. The first try Nautica dodged twice and I ran out of time, the second attempt she only dodged once. But it still took longer than 70 seconds so I'll have to do it again with more bodies and fill the 3rd check.

If this is a barely scrape through on Hard, how the gently caress is anyone supposed to beat Hell? I can add a final 6 orbs and level some of the gear a little further but there's not a whole lot left in the tank so to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

fullTimeLurker posted:

I've been leveling up a bunch of unused characters to help me beat this event, and am wondering where is the best place to farm mana? I seem to be running out.

The event for mana is poo poo unless the 3x thing is on (which it isn't). Your best bet is just getting mana from farming orb shards to be honest. Getting a set of purple orbs done generates well over a million from my experience.

For me, I'm done with the event. I can't progress any further even with the chars I have - I'm on chapter 10 of Hard and the demons with immunities are taking so long to kill I can't get the 3 checks done in the time given.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

fullTimeLurker posted:

Yea don't think I'm going to manage it either. Can't believe they made it this difficult

It'll be back again soon enough if the past few months are anything to go by and we can get further then.

I gave the star party a pull but got nothing I could use bar some Nautica souls - the rest went straight to trader. Odin thinks I smell or something.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Jehuti posted:

Hey that's me somehow! Just started a guild battle now but not sure how long it will last, other team only has 3 members.

Would of started it earlier but I've been flat out this weekend and haven't had time to get on. I'll try keep guild battles running all this week though.

I just finished their wall off and declared victory. We can declare war again in 17 hours and our defensive map looks pretty decent. One of the chinese whaler fleets could hump us but other than that we should be fairly hard to crack.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I'm getting the hang of this guild battles thing now. Once you've participated you can spend points to go sooner, get your used heroes back and speed everyones recovery time up. I just broke another wall and killed a defender. Just 1 more damaged wall and a co-jarl to polish off for a 100% win.

Smor is now full but we have 5 people who've not logged in in over 14 days. I reckon we should clean them out and get actives in to take advantage of this new function.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Our third war is over with another 100% win. This moves us up to rank B which means 50% more rewards when we clear the next one (the explanation is on the guild war page, chest and coins icon).

Today I learned that guild experience converts to war support points. So if you want to be able to do more in the war, do some arena or grand arena battles to boost yourself.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I kicked out the lowest score person in the 'more than 14 day' category to make space for Lblitzer.

Guild war action points regenerate a lot faster than I thought. It just takes 10 minutes for the 3 to come back so I've been getting stuck in regularly today.

I lost a fight before I noticed that the defenders get a pretty massive boost but since we can wear them down with numbers it's not that bad.

The orb event is pretty good value for getting purple levels filled. 90 stam for 15 to 30 of very commonly used orbs is excellent. The hard part for today is getting a team of Jotuns that can complete the hard version. After shifting some gear around and leveling a couple, mine just about make it.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Todays target is a fair bit tougher than we've had to date. I refreshed my chars after using them all up and attacked the L55 jarl spot - the bonuses they get are insane. Even though I had much higher power score, I barely managed to get it down to half with 3 teams. His Hel was doing 80,000 damage or something nuts. Plus I noticed that even though I had his Thor in a shadow freeze thing, he still did his special attack - a bug perhaps but maybe intentional.
It might be best to concentrate on one path then the guild crystal for now. So we can declare a win if we run out of people before getting them 100% down.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Uh yeah maybe doing one route at a time is a good idea. I thought I'd be able to take on a similarly leveled opponent with my A-team and got destroyed, probably thanks to the difference in the quality of our equipment. As a new f2p player, I'm probably better off lobbing my dudes at walls for now instead of shoving them into the meat grinder :sweatdrop:

Nope, not just any normal differences. Next time you are on the war map, look at the popup when you click on an opponent and check out all those +XX% bonuses they get. I put my best team (L55 113k score) against their L55 team at 83k and lost for the same reason. He had +26% across the board.

McDragon posted:

Ah, that well known theme of Norse mythology, Maid Assassins.

Yeah, I saw those and thought they're blatantly copying Rem/Ram from Re: Zero (minus the coloured hair natch). I've got so many units to level and orb, new ones can go whistle for now.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

stratego posted:

Is there any quick way to shuffle gear around characters? Specifically to make myself more effective during guild battles? It can be pretty tedious.

Sadly no. They increased the maximum inventory size recently which was pretty welcome but it's still missing something as simple as 'unequip everything from one/all'.

I bought one of the stamina packs to get some serious orbing done... then promptly ran out of quick tickets (yes I have the monthly tickets) :negative:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

I recall hearing it's a once a month kind of thing, so I guess around the 30th?

I think it's more like every 2 or 3 months I think. There was one on when I started playing Dec/Jan and one just past so you might have a bit of a wait yet.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Lots of changes today. Maully is gone if you didn't have her at 4*, onslaught is back and so it Thiazi. The new costumes though are going to change things up (and pubbies are whining already).

According to this post if the costumes are worn as items rather than in the costume slot then they are pretty OP bits of gear. Letting folk buy them straight up is a good idea on Ateams part. Only one per person means you have to roll with diamonds to reforge them but for £38 (roughly 20 of which is diamonds) they let you guarantee one. This is a hell of a lot cheaper than rolling the dice and hoping. I can see people being split over this one. Some will be happy to be able to just buy the new gear without the gambling, some will scream about pay to win.

Giving Hel a charm seems pretty over the top, I may have to get one in order to adequately test just how OP.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Aw, hell yeah. Did one last pull and got Luca. Time to start saving up diamonds again

Luca is the bomb for tanking. I have Luca and Hel in my Merc slots as of today and they have the new items. I still need more orbs on them but they're pretty over powered already.

I wish they'd put a quick ticket package up. I'm constantly out of the things these days.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I had 13k diamonds saved up. 4 pulls got me a lot of stuff I already had, 10 Nautica souls and Ymir the boy wonder. Yay!

Well, yay in 2 or 3 months time when he reaches 5 star via the god awful hero quests. Cancelling barriers in arena fights will be hilariously useful.

People seem to have been hiring my Luca (from the merc coins coming in) which is nice. With some reforging and more orbs she passed 30k score today becoming even more ludicrously hard to kill.

Still no Odin though or the other Valkyrie. From the wording of the announcement though she may turn up in the soul trader I think.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

fullTimeLurker posted:

Is this Star party worth it? I mean besides the Odin are Ymir or the other Valkyrie any good?

Odin is a good arena char, Urd is supposed to be the best healer (so better than Baldr basically).

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

McDragon posted:

Oh, it's April tomorrow. Now I get it. Garmdall is cute. :3:

I should probably play less - I reforged a bunch till I had a 4 star one to wear and leveled that to 28 on the crap that all the mana pulls to get suits produced. If I have spare mana tomorrow I may see if I can get 2 more and make it 5 star (it's actually decent-ish).

I've had 4 chars stuck on 49/50 souls for a couple of days now. Hero quest just teases me with 'nothing, nothing, ticket'.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Where's that? I haven't touched story mode since I reached the chapter where enemies got reflective barriers, because gently caress that

For me it was the end of Chapter 21 or the Start of Chapter 22 - it's pretty brutal. Even if you can get through the resistances/immunity you run out of time to get the 3 stars.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The new event is going up, some anime crossover (is it something famous or are they just trying to advertise?). I hope they don't make it as horrifically difficult as the Maully event to complete because I don't think many of the player base made it into Hell on that one.

The units are mostly humans which should make arena a bit more diverse if you can't rely on the aesir damage bonus. From a quick google it doesn't look like any of the units are particularly special with one exception. Someone reckons one of the part 2 units is a Luca counter. Over the 3 parts it's another 8 units in total available, are they going to up the inventory again I wonder? I really hope this event is something to drag in the fans rather than upsetting what little game balance there is. I don't really feel like collecting a bunch of unrelated anime crap just to stay competitive. Fingers crossed.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Fate is an absurdly popular visual novel about summoning gods and heroes to beat the poo poo out of each other. It's a good fit for this game tbh

I see. The chat channels have filled up with breathless fate nerds (or had done before I hopped to my usual 47).

I pulled Archer and Sabre from the cheap steps which was nice. Archer seems quite handy as he hits the nearest and furthest at the same time. That could come in pretty useful in arena in a couple of months once he's improved enough.

The 3x mana and 5x orb quests are back too so I'm farming up mana flasks while the new units get leveled. The crossover packs seem decent with the stamina in them but the individual orb ones look kinda over priced.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dial-a-Dog posted:

At least it's way easier to four star Rin than it was Maully, already have mine at four after the second stage of hard, and it didn't require juggling all my good gear and dumping stamina to purple her either since you just need her in your party for her stages, she doesn't have to solo a boss

Yeah. Either the experience with the Maully event told them to tone it down or the agreement with the fate people was to have it be accessible but it's a lot easier than the first one.

I did 4 star Gilgamesh till it gave me the soul so I'm 4 of 5 right now. The guy with the hollow sword evades me but he may still come from pulls before this ends or with grail points after if I can finish high enough ranked. What does annoy me is the rates aren't up for the new ones and I just get a bunch of stuff I already have. Plus the inventory juggling is bloody annoying - needs more space.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

fullTimeLurker posted:

I haven't gotten poo poo this event. My 3 pulls got me my 1 guaranteed character and a thousand loving Loki's and worthless elves. So far I'm on my 11th 4star Gilgamesh run and not a single shard so far. Hopefully my RNG changes soon.

ELF LIVES MATTER! Especially when the challenge says clear with 2 in the team...

I'd like to change my mind on the difficulty of this event. I got to chapter 10 on hard this evening and the difficulty has gone from 'barely paying attention' to 'how the gently caress am I supposed to get 3 stars here?' just by turning the page from 9. The 100% immunity golems are back along with elf archer packs which destroy your rear units (which are the only ones that can scratch the golems). I kept going to see if I could get the next Rin souls at the end of chapter 10 but even the stupid trash fights between the star ones kill my team off halfway through the chapter.

Taking a healer doesn't work as it simply can't keep up. Plan B is to go through my collection to find anything that can hit the back rows (or all at once), get pips on them, move gear around and see if I can at least finish hard before the event ends. If any of you have team compositions that work, please post them. I imagine I'll need one team for the physical immune ones and another for the magic immune. I'll face the 'include 2 beasts' one later somehow.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

did another 10-pull. Got Archer's and Saber's weapons, and Shirou as my guaranteed hero :thumbsup:

Good job that man! Shirou is the one I don't have but you can keep him since he's probably the worst of the UBW ones.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I hate the immunity golems, I made it to 10-1 using a Heim/Thor/Hel/Freya/Gull team, and once I got there I got stopped cold by the physical immune/healer/archer pack at the end. The mages just don't hurt the golems fast enough to get through them before the archers have slaughtered them, and since they're therian archers Thor can't stun them with his ability, at least that worked on the elves.

I have most of the characters available to me, but man I can't figure out anyone to use who would do a better job there. Odin would probably be nice, but he is of course one of the ones I don't have

They are a really cheesy poo poo way to make the end harder. I went through my units and I found some candidates. Sabre obviously because she's super boosted so she can tank plus do good damage. Skuld's skill damages all enemies and heals friends so I'll try slotting her in. Aegir does back row water damage and Thor still stuns the elves at least. Nautica is back row water damage, Vidofnir is back row fire damage, Mani is back row dark plus sleep and Jormungand does back row damage too. The idea being if I can't get past the golems quickly then just slaughter the poo poo behind them first.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

stratego posted:

There's a few inactives, I will make space for you.

Edit: No wait, I can't. Sorry. I guess only the Jarl can?

Any co-jarl should be able to as well but how to do it is kind of un-intuitive. Press title then hit the kick button. But he's in now so someone got it.

fullTimeLurker posted:

So out of curiosity, how would you guys rate all the new UBW character, including Gilgamesh.

My personal ratings (but much in line with what you'll find via google)

Saber - best of them, she's great. High amount of light damage to all plus self ATK buff plus all stat debuffs removed. Female melee so she can use the purity ring. She's basically a Thor replacement and for this event she's amazing. Someone worked out she has a 5 to 6x stat multiplier for the event chapters and gilgamesh strikes. I've been using her to tank the Chapter 10 hard fights and she barely takes damage at 3 stars.

Rin - Excellent for this event due to multipliers. Generally not that stellar. The random ailment might be useful but it's random. Fire damage is good but then again she's '3 nearest' which is nothing special.

Archer - Seems like his 'hit nearest and farthest' trick should be handy but as a 3 star purple I'm just not seeing it. His boost in the event isn't as extreme and he's much squishier than Saber which isn't helpful seeing as he's in the front row.

Gilgamesh - Dark damage and fear to the front row sounds good but it's aesir and jotun only. Plus mines 2 star and not exactly a shining light even with event boosts.

Shiro - don't have this one but consensus appears to be 'average to meh'. High hit damage but single target only and it's the nearest.

I whittled down the choices for dealing with the golems + archers problem. Vidofnir is the best choice for the archer slot but only at 5 star (mines 4) so Nautica is the next best. I have her at 5 star and if I get her fully orbed she should be able to survive long enough (may need gear juggling too). Skuld definitely helps and I'll be orbing her up too.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

fullTimeLurker posted:

Speaking of Orbing, is it usually recommended to try and Max out 1 character at a time, or get everyone to 2orb purple, then 3 orb purple and so on?

I don't actually have a single fully orbed unit. I've got my arena team to 2 pips first then got as many as possible to purple frames (over 50 now I think, got some award for it a while back) to give me a large pool of useful units which can be rapidly improved. When I hit a brick wall I try to figure out which units I can orb up to get past it. So my Thor and Luca are almost fully orbed but I stopped because they finished the campaign as is.

As Dial-a-Dog says, it's horrifically expensive in terms of stamina. I'll keep testing Nautica on the stage I'm stuck at as I orb her up, if I pass the stage before she's maxed out I'll stop but I have a feeling this is going to be the first fully orbed unit. Chapter 10 hard is brutal.

BTW, did anyone pull that cat girl? I know Ateam are a business but jeez guys, pandering to the furries now too? The ancient Norse god of animal humpers...

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Both, I guess, I use the 3X events to stock up on mana and max out core units (and level up second string units), then when there's no event on I use the mana I have to keep the important guys topped up.

All my units are now 55 but I got them there by doing this. When the 3x is up, use it to level sub par units, turn in the flasks and use that mana to level your core. Rinse, repeat while balancing the stamina costs against other things you need to get done.

Of your archers, Wolfgang and Nautica are your choices. The difference between 4* and 5* is too huge to overlook. Wolfgang's special is a bit random for my taste and I don't use that limit much though his weapon is decent. Nautica's attack is much better IMO since it targets the back row and does water damage but the special weapon is pretty crap (I have one but I don't use it on her). On top of that she shares the limit with Freya which makes for a big bang.

For tanks I use Luca, she's way beyond solid and virtually immune to charm. The protection can always be replaced by Luflit for fights where you know everyone takes damage regularly or heal it with Baldr/Urd. You want to raise and gear all three anyway though for grand arena. If you have him, get Hrungnir developed as he makes a great tank too.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Looks like someone never read the old sagas where Thor hung out with murderous maids and cat girls

I laughed until it dawned on me there's probably rule 34 material floating about with that.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

The rule of gachas is to never chase a single item because your odds are poo poo. I say wait. The banner isn't going away for two more weeks, and you'll have more UBW points by then. Depending on how seasonal rewards are distributed (there are 3 seasons in this event, I think. And hopefully we're getting UBW points at the end of each), you might get enough points to just buy Saber from the trader.

And let's not forget, just like flares and sideburns, this poo poo is going to come back again and again. I'd be very surprised if they didn't repeat it with the same sort of frequency as onslaught.

BTW, max orbed Nautica is not tough enough even with def/mdef gear. So I went back and picked the archer unit with the highest earth resistance (elf archers shoot earth damage) and 5 stars. Succubus Liciela at 2 pips got me past the one I was stuck at but the next is even more insane. Basically it looks like you need a bunch of fully maxxed units to swap around for each one of the last stages if you want to get anywhere. The next stage has 3 or less as a completion requirement and it mixes both types of immunity golem together. Plus a time limit of course. Hey, what do you know, I just did it as I typed this up - Sabre, Thor and Rin. Just 2 excruciating stages to go before I can die horribly on Hell.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Reading the difficulties that Ratzap is having with Hard mode is making me laugh at me from a week ago when I thought that I might be able to make it through Hard. I find the difficulty level just bizarre. It doesn't make sense to me to have such a huge chunk of levels that can only be completed by god-teams. Save the bullshit difficulties for boss fights and connect battles, holy poo poo. I'm absolutely NOT going to be able to get all of Tohsaka's souls, and I don't see hero quests available for her. Is she going to be stuck at 4* forever?

My Season 1 reward is.... 600 points. Okay, so buying units just isn't going to happen. I'm not a fan of how so much of this event is aimed towards top tier teams. Give the newer players some cool stuff too :smith:

Maully hasn't been back yet or put into hero quests so yeah, probably going to be 4 star for a while but I do expect they'll be back sometime. I got 1500 tokens from the first bit which just leaves me wondering just how much macroing was going on, if there was cheating of some kind or just obscene spending. Even given limitless funds, how did they get time to run enough connects for over 1 million grail points?

I finished Hard last night after an hour or so of fiddling. Hell was released today and starts off at the difficulty about where Hard chapter 9 ended. I reckon any play testing by A Team was done with fully maxxed out units and gear, you know, the sort of things it'll take most people a year or so to reach. IMO Hard is what Hell should have been, I have a pretty decent team but I was struggling hard at the end. I'm not optimistic about getting Rin to 5 star this time round. Stuck on Chapter 1-3 already: kill a 5 star super Saber in 70 seconds with 1 or less deaths with a skill or LB. The first time she did her Excalibur I lost 3 units, got her to 50%. As you say, this is geared to people spending a few thousand dollars to max all these units out in a short time frame.

But at least I got lucky and pulled Illyasviel from the first set of the 3 step for part 2. I might have another pull to see if I get Lancer but I have all the good units now, it might be wiser to quit while I'm ahead.

Seeing as there are already people with 155,000+ grail points again, I think I'll end any effort with this event here rather than put in any effort.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I did another 3 UWB2 pulls and got 95 souls for the trader, Illyasviel's 3 star weapon (score) and Lancer (score). So that just leaves Shirou and dress Saber - Shiro can be obtained from contracts and dress Saber is supposed to be fan service rather than a serious unit. If I can pick up Shirou later, fine but I've got what I want now. I might skip Shirou and use the tokens to buy excalibur X instead though.

My arena teams are slipping down the ranks too. I need to check out what the top ones are using because the prevailing meta has obviously changed.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Lots of new stuff again today, the game is getting rather crowded with specials. I got the Sonya spear then realised that you can equip the same item as is in the costume slot - for some reason I assumed you needed one in each. You might as well grab the 300 diamonds from that game they're pumping too. It's a bit of a download and seems to give you the freebies once you finish the tutorial part.

The easter eggs don't really seem worth chasing. The gold 3 star is 550 exp, silver 132 and bronze 66.

I spent yesterday turning my 11 million mana pile into gear. I got a 4 star Excalibur built up and some other collab items though they are a hell of a lot rarer than the usual crud. All my common units are 5 star now too plus a health addition to the soul bank and loads of levels on the good gear.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

stratego posted:

I just got Rin to five stars and need to go back and mop up some levels for three star clears.

I'm glad you posted this. It encouraged me to go back and try to get further in. Much to my amazement you only have to get to the end of chapter 5 to get the last 15 Rin souls which I then proceeded to do. I don't know if I can be arsed making a serious attempt to clear Hell. Yes it's 1500 extra contracts but the time and effort to clear some of the more annoying stages is pretty high. I took one look at the 5 star Rin and burst out laughing though - it's very similar to some school uniforms in/around Glasgow.

The man called M posted:

Got Ilya as my second guaranteed FSN character. How is she compared to the others? (I have Rin, Saber, and Working on getting Gil.)

Depends a lot on what the curse part of her skill is. As is she should be good for hurting Luca, if the curse dampens or stops healing it'll make her a tank killer.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Simon The Digger posted:

I downloaded this game the other day after seeing the Fate/Stay Night collab, it seems pretty neat so far. My first pull was Spirit Master Niji. For some reason she dies super fast even though she's called out as being "highly durable" (and I even gave her a three-star weapon, too). My other three-stars are Loki, Hel, Momiji, and Liciela.

Niji or any other "tank" char isn't really until they get promoted and orbed up. Heimdal is good because he has Godly Protection which voids any one attack on everyone in your team. Since it works the same irrespective of stars or orbs, he's noticeably tanky for new players. You can follow people and use their merc tanks if yours isn't working out, mercs are free so don't hold back.

Your others are pretty good, you have the luck of the Irish buddy. Momiji is a better choice for Liciela as archer for most situations, Liciela has some niches though where she excells (more so if you pick up the vamp shoes sometime).

SpaceDrake posted:

I applied to join SOMTHINGSMORBOLL under the name Liese, approval would be nifty

also I managed to get Saber in step two of the UBW II banner and holy lollers she's ridiculous. I'm assuming there are others who can do similar, but she feels like the best wave-clear possible in the game unless the entire enemy pack is super resistant to Light.

I put my Saber in as a merc for the rest of the event. Once the event's over she'll be back to just being superb (down from godly).

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

fullTimeLurker posted:

New Shop Character, Dress Saber.

For only $160 you'll get either Saber or Dress Saber.. What a deal!

Yeah, they're milking the anime nuts for all they're worth which is fine by me. I'll be less happy if the dress version turns out to be better than the standard one. What annoys me is the whole 'boosted rates' thing means I always end up with a vast pile of crap I already have. I know that's the point of gachas but it's still irritating.

At least the stamina packs are back.

@SpaceDrake: It's good that you're enjoying the game, I find it rather entertaining too. You're just going to have to keep grinding the story at this point. If you're up for spending cash, get the monthly stam and tickets first as they're really a decent bargain. If you're still in a spending mood, grab stam packs and get going. That will earn you a load of mana which you can pump into making gear. The mana excalibur is not sommon, I spent 11M mana last week and only got 2 to drop.

Edit: don't forget to increase your inventory size in the blacksmiths. It's not expensive and you need all the space you can get.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

stratego posted:

Dress saber is supposed to be kind of bad on the jp your list.

I heard that too but then again, the dress one has significantly higher base stats. Maybe they're looking at the special but even then, water damage isn't bad and 30% def reduction for 3 turns doesn't suck either. It's a moot point for me anyway, I went ahead and gambled but shockingly won. I have all the fate units now but the gear seems horribly rare (or my luck finally ran out). I tried a fate gear pull and got nothing, not a single fate item.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Yeesh. I've done 50 pulls on the Fate stuff and only got Shirou as my guaranteed unit. This event has been remarkably unkind to me

Ouch, that's really loving miserable. Then again, you should have a pretty big pile of gear and 5 star standard units - always try to find a bright side.

I just noticed while putting orbs on Dress Saber that she's tied up. If I go look up why am I going to regret it? Is this another instance of Japans penchant for rape scenes in everything?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

SpaceDrake posted:

Meanwhile I'm pretty much only able to do 3* Gil... which still feels pretty good, given that my account is about a weekend old. Being able to put together a team of F/SN characters with Baldr backing up has been a big help. Even so, I'll count myself fairly lucky if I can get enough souls to make Gil before the event ends (I've got six, but the last four are proving recalcitrant). I've got his weapon and I'll probably even be able to 4* it, but beyond that is a question mark.

And of course I still need to get Surtr if I want to get completion from the event for points.

Have you opened his hero quest yet? You do know you can get souls there too right? Since you have him already, it's pretty irrelevant if you unlock him before the event ends because you can slowly grind souls in the hero quest.

Surtr is nothing to do with the UBW event, just host it often enough to get a soul then grind him to 5 stars via hero quests.

Personally I've been fairly lazy with grail points. I go to an empty high channel (700 to 900 somewhere) and solo the 4 star Gilgamesh for 80 points. I don't have to pay attention, just keep tapping to make it repeat till I'm out of stamina and no-one leeches points off me. I finished up around place 2400 which was fine, another 1500 contracts which I used to buy dress sabers X sword (I got Saber an excalibur X yesterday). If I finish the 3rd part in roughly the same place and pull in another 1500 contracts, I can buy another X weapon. Probably Sabers so I can 5 star it with some reforge parts.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

SpaceDrake posted:

He does have something to do with it tangentially - getting 100% completion (and thus the proofs) requires one of the stages to be cleared with a jotun in the party. He's pretty much the only reasonably available jotun, so if I want the extra event funbucks, I need to bang out getting him at some point here.

And sure, I've got access to Gil's hero quest now, but even at the 3* connect it'll probably be faster to farm him than to just get a few soul crystals a day :v: besides, I need to at least 4* his weapon!

Ah of course yeah. Good luck.

I think I'll buy some more stamina packs and work on getting all my units to purple frames till the event finishes. Then my 15 grand arena units fully orbed - long term plan.

The soul trader had Draculoki for 900 today so I bought that up. I'm not missing many now - Odin, the bug dwarf, arnauld and the two maids. It'll be nice to finish some off though as it's taking over 700 stam a day to do all the hero quests.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

wait wait wait are you saying you need three additional pieces of same-rarity equipment to reforge Connect stuff? As in, you'd need 15 dupes to turn your single piece of connect equipment into a 5 star item? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No it's not that bad. Any piece of connect bought gear needs 2 reforge items instead of 1. So 9 3 star items gets you 1 5 star.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Jehuti posted:

Pretty sure its 12 items total. 3 for the to make a 4 star, then you need 3 more 4 stars to make a 5 star.

I just checked my gear and that's right. Why they'd make 4 to 5 require an extra reforge item I can't imagine, it seems a bit over the top.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
My problem today is eyeing off those new packs they're selling. The reforge knives would let me get Sabers Excalibur X to 5 star, so tempting.

I've no idea if that new guy is worth bothering to get though. 30,000 diamonds for a guaranteed pull, he'd need to be bloody amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Welcome back star party... I spent way more than I intend ever telling anyone but I finally got Odin. I also got the new girl, Mia, because she looks like being the hard counter to all those annoying buggers making healer teams in the arena. Along the way I got a reforge knife too which let me 5 star Excalibur X.

There's been so much on lately it feels like overload. Some quiet time without too many events would be nice to 'digest' all this stuff from the last month or so.

That TV unit is a waste of time too I feel. There's no hero quest for it so have fun grinding 100 souls to complete it.

• Locked thread