Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
When we were gloriously able to mass add goons with that program that someone made on here, I believe that it also had a mass delete option as well?

Does that still work at all or has that all been nerfed in updates since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Does anyone know if I can just pop my 2TB SSD from my normal PS4 into a new Pro without much fuss IE needing to download the games that are on it again?

Unless you back everything up you'll loose everything as it will need to be formatted and encrypted to the new ps4.

Good news is that you'll need a spare USB hdd as big as what you already have installed on the current ps4 and about 4 hours to backup and 4 hours to restore once you've swapped the drives.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Both the base and dlc need to be from the same region. You can play the game on whatever region account you use, but the two items must match.

Eg : I have Destiny from the US but play on my AU account, if I wanted to buy silver, when accessing the game from my AU account it will error, if I buy it from the US store it works fine.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Real hurthling! posted:

Dont worry, industry uses and wastes so much that what households do doesnt actually matter

This. We're the largest manufacturer of pizza boxes in my state, and it's crazy how much waste there is and we're small fry compared to most other packaging places.

While we recycle all cardboard and plastic we throw away, the sheer wastage of packaging is massive, it's something I've only just realized since working here.

Thankfully a lot of manufactures offer bio packaging now which in the majority is actually cheaper to buy.

Sorry for the derail.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

This man knows what's up.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Anti-Hero posted:

In the vein of trophy chat, how do those of you with crippling OCD deal with games you never beat/didn't like/sold off?

I have at least three games that I ended up dumping for the Steam versions for performance reasons (Witcher 3, Mad Max) or because they sucked (Fallout 4), and an errant trophy from Rocket League when I did the tutorial back when I had PS+. I sold off every PS4 game I owned that was available on Steam to make my PS4 library exclusives only. The fact that my account had trophies for other games bothered me so much I made a second PSN account to start over, focusing on getting back the trophies for the PS exclusives I do own (Bloodborne, Last Guardian, Last of Us.

About 6 hours in to HZD realized it was silly and went back to my main account. The thought of platting BB again is also intimidating. Anything to be done besides "don't look at your trophy list"? Seek therapy? Haha.

If a game isn't holding my attention it gets 3 months then if I haven't played it I'll trade it for something else.

I can always pick it up again when it's cheap, but with spare time getting less and less I'm not too bothered.

No point bashing my head against a wall with a game I'm not enjoying purely for a reason to finish it.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Anyone have a spare GT beta key?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

veni veni veni posted:

I've bought like every good PS plus game, mostly at full price for the last 3 years I need to stop buying indie games...I guess I am supporting small devs so that's good but I think I have wasted hundreds on stuff that has gone free within months at this point. it's kind of frustrating as a PS plus subscriber.

Honestly I basically stopped claiming all the games as the majority I know I'll never play.

I'll only claim them now if it's something I'm interested in and is something that is easy to pickup for like 20 min at a time.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

People recommend these a lot and I'm sure they're great but it's worth mentioning it's wired and I read conflicting stuff online that the mute button doesn't work or something? Plus I need separate audio/chat audio controls. Does it have that? I know you can do it in the PS4 UI. Easily accessible mute button is a must because I speak to my dog in full sentences and walk around my place naked with my headset on

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/rig-500

I have these and I can not fault them.

Mute by swinging the boom mic up. Sound is good and when in party chat the mix between audio and chat is really good and everything from both sources are clear and nothing drowns each other out. Fits perfectly over the psvr headset too.

Modular to boot so if you break something you can replace whatever breaks.

I had the Golds and got a bit frustrated by the volume and chat volume buttons. The chat volume is actually a mix of where if you turn the chat volume up the sfx volume goes down. The steps are too big a jump and you either have too loud sfx that drowns out the chat or too loud a chat that drowns out the sfx

I could never get find a sweet spot between the two so they got relegated to my pc for couch gaming.

E: unrelated, free LocoRoco dynamic theme on this page.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/09/locoroco-creators-on-the-game-that-made-the-world-smile/

Puddin fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 11, 2017

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Fix posted:

That would appear to be a keyboard.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/09/locoroco-creators-on-the-game-that-made-the-world-smile/

Should be on that page.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
EU Everybody's Golf Beta sign up.

https://beta.software.eu.playstation.com/EverybodysGolfBeta

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Im thinking that rather than go through iterations of ps4, ps4, ps5, that the switch to a more pc like structure in architecture from the ps4/pro leads to just a simplistic Playstation brand.

If they keep on updating hardware like phones, there's no reason why say in two more upgrade cycles you can still play games released today.

In doing that too, the bill of materials should be able to be kept down and keep prices down for hardware.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Midjack posted:

It seems awfully optimistic to think that the upgrade landscape would be more likely to resemble iOS (where phones four years old are still supported) rather than Android (where you might get two years of updates if you're lucky).

I guess I'm just being optimistic, didn't really take into consideration that under that model newer games could run bad not the same as using generation old processors and gpus.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Some games will also have a display tuning option built in. Not a lot but there are a few out there.

Similar to Xbmc where you move an arrow to the limits of your screen.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Fwiw I've had my ps4 and vr breakout box in the top small section of http://m.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/art/60285156/ and haven't had a problem with it overheating. The back is pretty much enclosed as it's right up against a wall.

This is in a climate that gets to about 35c in summer.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there a way to mass-delete people from your friends list? I added a bunch of goons at the PS4 launch and in all those years it has never come into play.

Well I guess it must have been relevant in some leaderboards or something. Maybe I'll just leave them in

Nope all manually deleting each one. I'm still culling the list to the people I normally play with.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So WipEout: Omega Collection looks really nice.

In terms of gameplay are there any tips worth giving beyond "Hold down the accelerator and don't hit the walls"

If you really want to get a feel of how the ships control, dump time into the Zone mode when you get access to it.

That and its just loving bonkers awesome where you just get faster and faster and everything is a music visualizer.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
It gets so much better.

I just mainlined it for about 12 hours yesterday after putting it down for a few weeks.

Once you learn the ropes, it becomes something else.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

beep by grandpa posted:

Hm so Sony put the Classic PS1 up for preorder and everyone bought them and they're all sold out now, before Sony even officially released a list of what games would be on it?

:thunk:

They're already up on ebay here in Australia for like 300-1000 dollars except you can still preorder them from eb games for rrp.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
The Pro has optical, the ps4 Slim does not.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

veni veni veni posted:

What happened to that game from last years Xbone conference with the girl and a rowboat? that game looked cool and I haven't heard poo poo about it since. What was it even called? I can't remember.

Was it Sable that you're thinking of?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

precision posted:

It cannot possibly be that good

It is. It's pretty amazing. The sound design is amazing as well. There's always this unnerving feeling whenever you enter a new area.

Has it's roots heavily in MC Esher impossible geometry as well.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Has there been any new material to disprove the "Joel is dead" theory

The trailer for the game?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Imhotep posted:

So if I want to use an external hdd with my PS4, it needs to be formatted and all that, right? And the one I'm gonna use is somewhat old now, or like 3-4 years old and it's still fine for what I use it for, but I was just wondering if it was actually worth using as a storage device to run games off of, like I would assume it would be much, much slower, but I don't really know anything about how the data transfer speed over USB from an external HDD differs from an internal hdd..

Fwiw I put a 500gig ssd I had lying around as the original one was playing up ps4 ages ago, and added a 3 Tb external drive about a year ago can't tell the difference in load times.

Everything sits on the external now.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Also for anyone with HBO Max, they have the entire Ghibli catalogue and like someone earlier said, Mononoke and Spirited Away are absolutely worth watching

We recently watch all the Ghibli movies for an article my wife was writing and I was incredibly amazed at how much Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind has influenced a lot of anime and game character and story themes.

It's a great movie too, probably one of my favourites from all of them.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Neo_Crimson posted:

My PS4 hasn't been outputting an HDMI signal. It turns on, recognizes my controller, and charges it but my monitor just says "no signal". Unlpugging and replugging the HDMI or power cable, or turning the monitor off/on doesn't work either.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Do you have HDMI-CEC turned on? It was always finniky with my TV and wouldn't optut video until I turned on the TV, turned on the ps4 then turned the TV on and off again.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Necrothatcher posted:

If I'm at the mission "The Heart of the Nora" in HZD, how far do I have left to go in the game?

It's right after you fight the big machine in the arena.

80-90% completed.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i.e. just lol at 2080ti owners who paid $1300 for a card that's about to be matched by a $499 3070.

This is my workmate who I repeatedly told him to wait a couple of months but no he had to buy one cause they were a couple of hundred dollars off. (still a $2000+ AUD spend)

Best part about it is he is still running a 7 year old processor.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

He is not good with money.

We were in a quiet patch and my dad gave me some cheap drone he got from one of their suppliers reps and I brought it in to mess around in the warehouse.

A week later he comes in with this bug gently caress off mavic drone.

He's got like 6 fucken kids to two separate people and works as a casual, he must have some phenomenal credit card debt.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

caldrax posted:

Yorkshire Pudding is a food dish that's like a puff pastry, often served with pot roast (at least that's what my family always did, though parts of the internet say that's "an abomination" - whatever, it tasted good. My mom was fond of making it.)

I felt the need to address this as it looked like either or both of you might be unfamiliar with the dish.

Yorkshire Pudding is the greatest food invention in this entire universe and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Smash some jam on any leftover pudding for a goddamn tasty after dinner treat as well.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Vikar Jerome posted:

Jam. What. The hell are you all doing

Do it. It's basically pancake batter.

Oxxidation posted:

look at that username. are you going to question him on pudding-related matters

My man!

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Escobarbarian posted:

This is disgusting and you should be ashamed

Try it and post a trip report, it'll be positive.

E: Like obviously don't have gravy on it, you only use then ones you've left in the oven to keep warm as you always make twice as much as you intend to eat, then eat them anyway.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 14, 2020

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Jose Oquendo posted:

Any word on 3rd party headsets? I checked out Turtlebeach's website and in the product listings they 'anticipate' their current newer headsets will work with PS5.

Sony's gold and platinum headsets were pretty good so I figure the Pulse will be fine, bit it's nice to have options.

I've had a few Turtle Beach headsets and while they were really good sound and feature wise, if your looking to get one, go with one that has a metal head band.

The ones I had all snapped within 6 months of buying them in the same spot above where the over ear piece joined the head band.

Granted this was like 3 years ago so they may be better now, but something to take into consideration.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Jose Oquendo posted:

Some of the Turtle Beach headsets offer independent chat and game volume sliders which is a feature I've come to reallllllly like. Most other sets just turn one down/raise the other, which is ok. The only headset I came across aside from the Turtlebeach ones with that feature is an Astro set, but I ran into issues with it so I had to return it.

Yeah that was my reason for liking them, I don't know how they came up with a function for the PS Golds (and I assume platinums) of the game volume down/chat volume up and vice versa. You can never get it right.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Hopper posted:

I just noticed that TV is 48 cm high only. My 65" TV is almost double that height. So yeah PS5 big but not that big actually.

Yeah the picture is misleading as the TV in question is a 30" TV. I'd wager that the average TV that consoles are used on is most likely around the 55" size which if you actually measure it only comes up to about half way up the vertical side of a TV.

It's a big unit but it's not that big.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It molds to your ear canals by taking photos and beaming them back to Mark Cerny

I'm half joking

My xb900-3 over ear has you take pictures in the companion app to use machine learning to tailor the sound to your ears. I could see these doing the same thing.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Akuma posted:

The "new light" experience is all being redone in November, that's why they're bringing the first zone from D1 back. As of a while ago when you start the game you start the beginning of D1 but after one mission it throws you in the deep end, but they're changing it to be a full starting zone with a new NPC that guides you through things.

My daughter tried to start D2 a few weeks ago and the current onboarding is pretty lame, one mission then basically start doing bounties and poo poo to progress through the planets quite aimlessly. Looking forward to the new thing.

When Destiny 1 first came out it was great. It was fun and unlike most fps games around, set in a beautiful world with a great engine and greater feel of gunplay.

It really was more fun just dicking around with friends and trying to not take it too seriously, I must have dumped like 1500 hours into it at the time.

D2 has been a shadow of a game from day one. It seems that they forgot everything that they improved on and it just couldn't capture the same feeling as the first one. The grind was terrible once you got to the end game and there was so many different currencies and things to trade in, if you didn't play it full time it was just too overwhelming to get back into it.

If they're completely redoing it for the new season or expansion or whatever they call it I may give it a try again just to see what it's like. I really want to like it but I just can't bring myself to play it in its current state.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Akuma posted:

I've talked about it before but 2020 cured me of my almost life long need to invert the Y axis, which I'd done since the N64 but no more! And I mean really, I couldn't play games without it, it felt impossible.

I just played 16 bit and older games exclusively for 3 months and when I went back to modern games my brain didn't know which way was which, so I turned off the inversion and after a couple of weeks I was used to it.

Rinkles is 100% right, you just get used to it, but taking a break makes it easier.

I can't deal with non inverted on a console, but in the last year went back to PC gaming when I upgraded my old computer.

Controlling with a mouse I used to always use inverted bit for the life of me now I can't get my head around it, so now I'm inverted on console and non-inverted on PC.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Tv chat for ps5, how prevelant do you guys think that HDMI 2.1 and VRR will make a difference?

Like here in Aus the difference is around $6-700 between a decent midrange 4k tv and the Sony x90 and other brands equivalents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Rinkles posted:

Personally I wouldn't want to be buying a new tv without vrr support, but I see that it's still not a standard feature on many mid rangish tvs. I'm probably waiting till next year.

Thanks all, maybe I'll wait til next year.

The only thing I can think of is that manufacturers purposely hold off VRR on lower end of TVs to force people to buy the bigger ticket items but I guess I'll be in the same position next year if that's the case.