Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

gonna make it 3/3 wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:same:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

No wait... the other thing

:same:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

Sara is scum, I'm a first post detective. ##vote peramene

Hmmmmm....

peramene posted:

I am every bit as fascinated by this wild and crazy game idea and closing my eyes and pretending it isn't mafia so that I'm going to let myself play it this month anyway (and hereby promise not to replace out barring Actual Legitimate Emergency) as I am by playing a game you mod, cpig.

Lynch all liars ##vote bottleknight

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2gJamguN04

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

Also I am going to breadcrumb my role here.

BREADCRUMB

Thank you

Made you look

:siren:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

B

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. F! posted:

Holy moly so many posts

:agreed:

I was planning on spending today crap posting but I guess I will actually be playing mafs today after church

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna eat dinner and read the thread now does anyone have a quick summary for me? tia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IllegallySober posted:

Most is scum, imo. That's what I got for you.

Sold ##vote moat

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

I will find the scum in the next 48 hours, mark my words

Did you find the scum?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. F! posted:

Hello everyone, I've not read anything yet and I dont plan to until t-minus 7 hours to lynch. See y'all later.

If you are in the scum doc with mg please remind him he said this and it is time to read the thread tia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Tobbs

Mafia dad.

MMT what was with this vote?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

RE: The KB/Asiina thing, I don't get a scum read from Asiina. Her posts were "KB isnt trying", "I expect more from you", and "You don't get active in jokephase." KB replies with this, bolding mine.

King Burgundy posted:

Your response to this question:

Was this:

Which goes counter to what you said before. What you are saying doesn't hang together. Please explain to me what I normally do during joke phase if your claim is now seemingly that I don't participate and simultaneously I also try harder?

This sounds damning to Asiina until you realize what KB should be saying is "your claim is now seemingly that I don't participate [in jokephase] and simultaneously I also try harder?" which is not a contradiction. It's a logical pairing. It's clear Asiina draws a distinction between "active in game" and "active in joking". KB is really stretching to make this be a contradiction imo.

Whether she has a good point, imo, is another thing, but her opinion is consistent and trying to sell it as not looks bad imo.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GulagDolls posted:

Hey, have you heard?

The merchants who just came into town said that we'd be getting a big effort case soon!!

Lunar is the best game, I will not be voting gulag

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Naw, she really didn't have any valid point even after I accounted for that. It just doesn't make sense without additional information/insight. Like for that pairing to make sense, there is a missing piece. Like really, for it to work, she'd have to be saying that I always drag the game out of joke phase. And that is not something I do on the regular. It's just impossible for me to have been trying hard during joke phase without participating in it. It's not like I can exist in my own bubble without interacting with others.

Nah. Her opinion was consistent. It was wrong, as you point out, but it was consistent.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Skimming that, it's super easy to miss the line in the middle of the second paragraph about Sara joining you while still seeing the heading for the boss. I missed it when I skimmed to see if he was telling the truth.

And again, why link this walkthrough that proves you wrong. You keep dismissing it, but it's the big reason why this doesn't follow.

So why is it impossible that scum moat skimmed it, saw a lead to a different answer, and posted it? You proved it was misable by skimming. I think it would be an easy thing to do of any alignment. It's a null imo.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote tobbs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Except if he's scum and skimmed it then he would have thought B was the "most correct" answer so why bring that as a possibility? Wouldn't that make him want it more to be A?

If he thought there were just enemies in the cave then A would have been the answer that gets us hurt for not attacking first.

Knew I was missing something simple. Thanks.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Refia

Since stick-up and chaos are empty voting me and we're close to deadline, it probably doesn't hurt to claim flavor.

Quoted my breadcrumb. Hello, I'm Refia :)

:siren:

You're -8, in 4th place on votes, and your reaction to that is to flavor claim?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Also why would flavour clear you of anything?

Scum almost certainly have fake claims so what is even the point?

Yep. Tobbs is scum. Wrap it up.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

Woah geez I didn't realize this deadline is tonight! I'm re-reading Moat and IS right now.

It was a joke vote - was that not abundantly clear?

Just wanted to make sure! (And also it was a good way to get us both a post since I was below CPig when I started and you still are :v:)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

But seriously yall, why would a town feel compelled to demonstrate how town they are so far from any pressure?

Vote Tobbs for a better tomorrow.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IllegallySober posted:

On a quick re-read (and it was pretty quick since there's not a lot there) apart from the unpressured flavor claim, I don't see a lot I have an issue with.

Nobody's immediately counter-claimed him and isn't Refia a pretty major character? I can't see that being a fake-claim he was given if she is.

I'm leaning a dumb move, but probably town.

Why wouldnt scum get a major character as fake flavor? It would be poor modding to not do that.

What is the town motivation to claim at -8? IS, you're at -7. Do you feel like you should claim right now, at this exact moment? Why or why not?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IllegallySober posted:

I don't know if we have enough people here to get any lynch done but I have no problem claiming flavor if needed and I also PM'd CPig and asked for a Wind job and a class change just in case I'm the vote so I can share the info.

The answer I was looking for was "Of course not." Like, you have zero motivation to claim right now. You're -7 to lynch! Why in the world would you just randomly, unprompted, throw out your flavor? Especially an hour out and needing 8 votes to be lynched.

A nervous scum not wanting the winds to change and land on him would, though. Especially because like no one was talking about the votes on him. The funny thing is he would have skated by just fine if he hadn't tried to beat the story to the press.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't think this is a real reason to believe someone is scum.

This feels weird to me - CL is basically admitting that he questioned me about an obvious jokevote so he could generate content. That sounds like something scum would do (as opposed to town, who would find actual suspicious stuff). If we weren't close to deadline I'd be pushing CL harder.

You really don't think someone claiming at -8 and an hour til deadline is suspicious as hell?

And you're second point would have more weight if the rest of my posts weren't trying to hunt scum. I made one post to pad my post count. God forbid I do that, I should have just posted a joke or something.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina has already decided to die on the moat hill and Tobbs isn't happening so ##vote is

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why exactly are you emptyvoting me? Like, what am I supposed to do, sit here and hope that you're not scum making a last minute baseless push on a town player? Because that's what it looks/feels like to me.

So I claim flavor (which doesn't affect the game, and is something multiple people have already beaten me to) and suddenly I'm "flailing scum"? Don't emptyvote me and push a last second mislynch on me. It's stupid and annoying and transparent.

Yes I as scum made as last minute push with an empty vote for a player no one was taking about and then decided not to even follow it up with more posts pushing that person, rather than going after one of the leading candidates that people were taking about. You caught me.

An hour from deadline is not a last second mislynch. Don't be dramatic.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IllegallySober posted:

You're aware I didn't ACTUALLY claim anything, right...?

I am, yes. You said you were willing to. I explained why I thought someone claiming this far out was crazy, specifically Tobbs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why exactly are you emptyvoting me? Like, what am I supposed to do

You could have asked this question an hour ago rather than claim :v:

I didn't like your interactions with stickup. I'm on mobile or Id go through and quote them for you

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IllegallySober posted:

The key words were "if needed"

Yes but again I was mostly using you as an example to explain why I thought what Tobbs did was insane because you were in a relatively similar situation as him

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree with this reasoning. No one batted an eyelash when Inf claimed David Bowie for no reason whatsoever.

maybe if you're an infant

Did inf claim Bowie in response to pressure, fearing being lynched?

I seriously don't know the answer to this so someone look it up for me tia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

I claimed Bowie because I was tunnelling Stickup, who I still believe to be scum, and was wanting to see what his reaction would be to the pressure.
I didn't like his reaction, thus I firmly believe him to be scum.

It was less trying to get a claim out of him, and more seeing how he reacted under pressure.

(Remembering that he was Emperor Purple Praying Mantis last game)

Ok. So not the same as Tobbs then, that's more what I was asking for

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That's a lot of posts, someone give me the highlights while I work on catching up tia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. F! posted:

WHO STOLE MY CHORE POINTS?

got some chores tonight is an unannounced thief player obviously

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

I think Moat is town because he is really not being careful with his words

Just wanna say that moat slipped in ecco game by not being careful about words so I wouldn't consider that a town mark

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Moatillata posted:

How did I slip that game?

You claimed to be a VT that got "I was jailed" flavor. Huge, giant, red flag lie that you just blurted out not thinking. But I let it go because I am an idiot and listened to taste and was a double idiot and tunneled on a fake sounding claim rather than a 10000% lie.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

People I would vote today:

*Bottleknight
*Tobbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Stickup if you are level 3 scholar does that mean your action was successful last night or am I still misunderstanding how that works?

• Locked thread