Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Also killing Moat would actually give us information, we learned Yrs's abilities and we get proper confirmation that Keane is inno. We also learn that we got an extra doc.

What do we get if you kill me? gently caress all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also we have more people confirming Keane is town which makes his report even more worthless.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ernie. posted:

keane is town. i can confirm.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ernie. posted:

look, not that i disagree with you. but 'so-and-so is worthless so let's kill him' is terrible reasoning. 'so-and-so made an argument for why they are town that conveniently proves nothing about them at all' is better.

i could be convinced that Moat was scum hoping to brutalize a 3p keane. but i don't think anyone should be convinced by 'let's kill him for more info ... now that we have info let's kill him anyway'.

that doesn't make sense.

Ugh, I guess so. I suppose the best solution is let Moat live for one day and see if they can actually kill a scum. The vt turned doc should protect him, no?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

this is a stickup posted:

here I present tm forgetting that he is a doctor

Yeah like I want to waste my doc on someone I believe is scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Do we have any reasoning to believe Tobbs? It's a bit of a jump to say Moat's 100% town.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ernie. posted:

tobbs's role works exactly the same way mine does. i also get incomplete information with my role.

Yeah but we got no proof that tobbs is saying the truth.

Yeah, scums probably won't be propping their bro so early but still

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

What's so ironicat about that? Yeah, I reveal my role quickly this game. What's stopping the scum from making a claim early in game too? Maybe Moat has a super duper good role, or maybe they're just loving around.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ernie. posted:

trust me, tobbs is saying the truth. the other elaborate explanation is that: Moat, myself, and tobbs are all lying. To prove CCKeane is town.

While he'd like that, we're not humongous clowns.

Okay, I dig it. I will retract my push.

At thia point, I just want to kill a lurker.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

we have even less reason to believe you than any of ernie, moat, 100yrs, or tobbs

Just because people don't believe me doesn't mean I'm scum. I'm expressing genuine scepticism, nothing wrong with that in mafia.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

literally all I'm saying is that their stories are corroborated by other players, while yours is not, and thus we have less proof in your case that you are telling the truth

is that clearer?

At the point where I was confused, they were just going "im weak. Me too!!!"

Like come on. And a group of scum can collaborate with each other more easily so that's a moot point.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also guess what? I don't expect anyone to believe my claim. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be sceptical to other players' claims.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Pinterest Mom posted:

scum wouldn't go all in on corroborating someone's story if it means that the entire scum team gets exposed once the janitor flips (or gets NKed by the second faction)

Yeah, I know. That's why I said I believe them.

But in a different game, in a different day, a bunch of people collaborating with each other to inno each other doesn't mean that they're town. (Katamari mafia, feb 2016, somethingawful forums)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Somberbrero posted:

you're allowed to do whatever dumb poo poo you want, it'd true.

Hell yeah hell yeah hell yeah (repeat 100×)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##unvote
##vote Quan

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wtf?

##unvote ##voteQuandary

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hate phone posting.

##unvote
##vote Quandary

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Maybe hats is a stump that can't talk no more

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
ALL LURKERS ARE SCUM YEAAAAH

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
we got a confirmation that hats is third party and you're complaining?? kids these days

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Send pms faster you nerds.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
how the gently caress am i still alive

anyway, rip yrs. I actually liked his posts because he doesn't burn me all the time :(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
also can moat just said who yrs told him to investigate instead of beating around the bush

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

and... you didn't? why? even I think I would investigate me if I were in your place. Especially since I was pushing against your rear end yesterday.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
legit confused why I'm still alive. either maf thinks im some kinda of "kills whoever visits me role" or they know no one likes me and are willing to push on my rear end at day so they can save themselves a night action.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Somberbrero posted:

probably because you make scummy posts like this.

well, im just saying!!

btw I visited Kashuno.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Somberbrero posted:

why in the world, why not one of our claimed power roles

he made that big post saying i was town and because i hate all of you and might had forgotten that people had claimed.

i no good at mafia

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also I just want to say that I think my theory that hats is a stump or whatever. Like they got some role that basically meant they are "dead" as in that they can't post but they still count as a living player. That's the only reasoning I can think of on why Hats is still in this game and not replaced.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
no thanks. isn't it a positive for town since it means that scum needs more people if they want to swing a vote?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also Tobbs, since you're here. I want to ask you about your opinion about Moat.

there's a lot of shade on him today, do you believe he's town?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if hats is just lynched proof because they had a cool role, then ecco must be cursing because hats had done gently caress all.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yeah, I mean actually. I'm quite curious at the push for Moat. I still think he's scummy but Ernie and Tobbs did inno'd him. unless Moat is a godfather visiting role?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
isn't the point of killing lurkers removing ambiguity in the mafia chess board? kills hats won't give us any more information. Killing any other lurkers will.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
we learned that queen is probably a third party role from Quan's flip. killing hats won't do anything because we won't know what their role can do anyway, so it's better to just ignore them and ya know, actually scumhunt for now.

normally im very pro killing of lurkers but killing hats is such a waste of a day.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Somberbrero posted:

the point of killing lurkers is to kill scum.

lurkers are being anti-town but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're scum.

TMMadman posted:

Technically, they didn't clear Moat. All they did was confirm that Moat did indeed visit someone and Keane was visited by someone. Given the weak nature of the roles, Tobbs only really knows that Moat left on N1 and Ernie only knows that someone visited Keane on N1.

Remember, the order of of information reveal here was: 100Yrs says he gives orders to a cop/doc and they either obey or don't (they didn't); Moat comes out and says he was VT turned into a brutal cop who disobeyed and visited Keane; Tobbs and Ernie reveal they weakly tracked/watched Moat/Keane (respectively).

That order is what is clearing Moat right now because it would require at least one of Tobbs/Ernie to also be lying.

However, it's still really weird that Moat would be so against you but then turn around and disobey the order to investigate you and investigate the lurking wins instead.

In that case, Tobbs has to be lying. Ernie watching Keane just showed that Moat wasn't lying about visiting him. Tobbs claiming to be weak and visiting Moat and not dying is a complete contradiction to his role.

of course, this is all based on the assumption that Moat is maf.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

But we had 2 kills on N2 and only 1 kill on N2. We have two known non-town alignments. While the case could be made that Hats could be 3P yesterday, that case can't be made anymore.

Could be? I don't understand. We had a flip that confirmed there's a party that's just the scum team. Also hats was "killed" d1, are you trying to say that that the queen party were involved with MT and Mitross's deaths? I wouldn't be surprised if the queen team is like one person since there can only be one queen and we just tried to kill them.

I think it's possible that the scum team has two kills on their team, or it's possible that one of the docs had protected someone.

I don't understand how this proves that hats is an anti-town third party.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

It's not really a contradiction of his role. Weak doesn't always means dies when visits scum. Again, it can often mean a tracker see someone go 'somewhere' or a watcher sees 'someone' visit their target. Weak doctors and cops will usually die if they visit scum though.

well, then the mafia wiki didn't tell me that :(

I do find it quite convenient that Tobbs would claim to be weak after Ernie.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Kashuno posted:

Stop speculating about hats

Why not? It's not like I'm setup-guessing. People are trying to push for a hats lynch and i think it's a terrible idea. I personally don't enjoy trying to figure out hats role but if I have to do so to convince people not to waste their vote, I don't see the problem.

Weird post, dude.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

tired moritz forgets his own opinions in order to contradict somber

yes but I'm refering to hats, a lurker with an identificable alignment. how can I say he's scum when he's ya know not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

so you know for a fact that the queen-aligned faction has a pro-town wincon? :allears:

I never said that. do you want more information by the end of this day or risk having another no-flip or killing hats and then what?

priority is killing scum > unidentified lurkers > hats imo

• Locked thread