Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Games coming out this month that matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ghaG4VyaA

gently caress yeah, new Delicious! Emily's game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy Birthmonth to users CJacobs and Olive Garden tonight! and whoever else happens to have a birthday in the month of August.

Also, thank you Jay Rust for the poll.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How'd the bday go Strix?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Great!! I had a great time, good pizza, and amongst my gifts is this kickin' rad book!

It was basically exactly as chill and fun as I wanted! :D

Congrats! :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

does emily's miracle of life fall under "examples of extremely unfortunate logo design" because i keep reading it as "delicious emily's etc etc"

idk maybe i'm just too :420:ed out right now

It really does look like delicious emily's but it's meant to be delicious: emily's since all of the games with subtitles go delicious - emily's ________

Same with her sister's series, fabulous - angela's ___________

The Heart games don't follow that name formula though since they're called Heart's Medicine - _____________ instead of something like Caduceus - Allison's ____________

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

One final gift I got for myself as a late present: I preordered this cool tank!

e: I'm an adult I swear, I say as I look at my new toys and play my new games and anticipate more cool toys coming in the mail

That looks cool but oof, 21 bucks? Or 36 if you get two?

I remember getting these a while back, I only ever built the first one though because they're big and I don't exactly have any free and open space where they'd be able to stand safely. If I had them out on any of my current shelves, they'd get knocked over and potentially destroyed by the cats in no time. Anyway, I got these at Five and Below. I'm sure I've shown you them before but I'll post them for others to see, too.

Also, while searching for those pics, this came up. I know you like transformers so uhhh I don't think this is official but you might get a kick out of it or something.

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Action-Figure-Diecast-Trucks/dp/B01556H0M4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

This looks completely bonkers - and I never go into GBS, so, thanks!

Holy cow those robots look radical and I want them - I have big empty shelves waiting for more cool toys, haha.

And yeah, the tank is a bit expensive, but I have no idea how expensive papercrafts are in general, so :shrug: I talk to the guy on twitter and like him so I figure half of the money goes to making him have a good day, which is good. :D The rest goes to getting a cool little project I can put together and stick next to my Shockwaves!

https://www.amazon.com/DIY-3D-Creator-Battle-Robot/dp/B01GCXCVQE
https://www.amazon.com/DIY-Creator-Battle-Robot-Model/dp/B017VS1O30
https://www.amazon.com/DIY-Creator-Battle-Robot-Model/dp/B017VRGP2Q

Knock yourself out.

I've done papercraft stuff before. Here's a gift I made for a person during a secret santa a couple years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNSA777KT68

He likes monster musume so I made him one of those automata papercrafts, the things where you make paper gears and paper cranks and you create a small machine that moves, and I took a pattern for a separate design and redid it with a monster musume theme.

Papercraft is fun. Designing something from the ground up with original art tho, idk. I've only ever made pre-existing designs and the 1 time I stepped out of my comfort zone was when I made that present I linked there so...

e: lmao I forgot I even made him that second thing too. That was from a pre-existing design I found on deviantart though, not something I custom did or anything like that. Most I did there was I scaled the size up iirc cause I wanted him to have something bigger. It's Miia from Monster Musume but she had different outfits you could put on her by taking her head off and sliding the outfit over top or swapping her body with a different body.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 1, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

vermin posted:

Where's a good place to start with the Delicious! series?

There's nothing wrong with just going to the most recent game, but if you care about plot and story and seeing the general evolution of the series, the first game that started to pin down the formula would have been Delicious! Emily's Taste of Fame, which is like the 3rd or 4th game in the series. Keep in mind that Miracle of Life is the 15th game so I personally would not blame you for just skipping to it :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

a beginner's guide to dabs

someone with $30.... please make that an emote...........

Only if it's animated in the same way as :jiggled:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

dabs are not animated !! read the beginner's guide !!

Look at this fuckin dab scrub right here

get outta here with that amateur poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh are they gonna do the pokemon thing now but with a rhythm game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Raviolink

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Remember when TotalBiscuit was LPing it and SA didn't think he was a giant prick? Good times.

I remember SA users thinking he was a prick even then but that was because, iirc, and correct me if I'm wrong, he got into some pissing contests with people about how you should only do LPs if you've got super expensive recording equipment and not any of the cheaper or free alternatives.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

also he claimed he was the smartest man alive in an incredibly stupid diatribe

Oh yeah

Honestly he's just one of those people where he puts lots of effort into stuff but he tends to come across as a massive tool/jackass

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I still don't know what knack 2 or knack even are other than "sony exclusive video games"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm really uncomfortable with the one in the bottom row on the left. It looks like a shmorky pic about furries in a game marketed towards kids...

I'm reminded of the 3DS Badge Arcade app which had some weird diaper fetish furry drawing his fursona giving "biting commentary" on the game's rabbit. There was one post that was just someone saying "....is he wearing a diaper?" and his response back was that yes, the bear is wearing a diaper, because he's a baby so he needs to wear one.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does anyone remember a ps1 rpg that was a crummy jrpg knockoff? I unfortunately can't be anymore specific than that. I just remember that it was a ps1 rpg, I don't believe it was a jrpg, but people tried comparing it to FF7 a bunch and it had really ugly art and I wanna say it might've had a robot in it or something, idk, and it was bad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yesssss

That was it.

Hahahahahaa

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's the origin of the shrimp pastry thing, I don't get it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

Has there ever been an Ace Attorney-like game where rather than court cases it's about conflict mediation or some other form of negotiation?

The flash game series Ambition

lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks! :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So earlier I was in a dark parking lot and KCB and I kept seeing these weird blue lights when we'd look up. For me, I just had to til my eyes up, but she had to tilt her head up.
The lights were in a specific location that would stay the same regardless of where we were and when we got into the car, we could see them still but they were very clearly outside.
Obviously this was some kind of light phenomenon but I have no clue what since these lights would quickly disappear out of my vision as soon as I saw them. I wasn't wearing any glasses, KCB was wearing glasses, I would see 4 dots in a row and she would only see 2 dots in a row. It was in a parking lot without any light except for the nearby road and the light from the moon. Anybody have any idea what the phenomenon behind this would be? I made a gif representing what I saw when I'd quickly glance up.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

He's still bear-posting.

Maybe Miiverse was a mistake after all

Thank you for knowing exactly who I was talking about lol, god that guy's a weirdo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought what I described would be something a little more uh

explainable than "lol ARG" or "lol SCP" :V

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

I looked online, which is the best way to handle any small medical questions, and you have either a migrane or super eyeball cancer.

drat doc how long do you think I have left

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I experienced something similar on the regular a while back and all I can say is

see a doctor :(

Are you being serious

because if I'm in danger then gently caress that, I could not care less if I turn over and die, but KCB also saw the lights in fixed locations and I wouldn't be able to rest easy if she was in any danger,

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Like, if I die, whatever. Get whatever's of any worth out of me, toss me in a ditch, or just set me on fire, burn the refuse, but I don't want anything to happen to KCB. She's all I got, all I'll ever have, and the idea of these stupid-rear end things being a sign of something serious that could be a massive detriment to her worries me to no end

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've no reason to think it was anything because while at first I thought it might have been an aura, it wasn't because before I described what it was, KCB was able to corroborate my exact description (except instead of 4, she saw 2 dots, and I chalked that up to her having her glasses on so that her eyes weren't seeing double like mine tend to).

I'm going to assume this was all just a weird once-in-a-lifetime thing, though hopefully someday I'll get to figure out the science behind what happened because it most definitely fit every other description of a light phenomenon but I've never seen or heard of light loving around in such an oddly specific way, to only gently caress up if you very quickly glance up in a specific area, for it to appear as floating blue dots that quickly crawl down your vision and don't even last a second, it was just weird. I wanna believe that it was just a case of the parking lot being so dark due to having no lights whatsoever and the road nearby and the moonlight and the clouded sky resulting in some pockets light that were refracting through stuff that my eyes were noticing if I quickly shifted my view to them, but quickly dismissed once I saw them and realized "oh that's nothing."

I dunno. I wonder if there's a thread for this kinda stuff in pyf or something.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just wanted to come here to post this gif!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

This seems very melodramatic

Call it whatever you want, the truth's the truth.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'll play grimoire someday and probably go "it alright"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sup everybody

How's everyone doin today

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raserys posted:

What are some good couch co op games for the ps4

What kinda co-op you looking for in particular? Idk what Warriors games are available on it but those are fun co-op imo and so are Lego games but those are both very different kinds of co-op games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raserys posted:

We did this actually

Well, something my parents could play, and my dad is a big action guy, but my mom is a little more slow paced and probably couldn't handle something like Enter the Gungeon. She was really into Diablo 3 when my dad got her to try it, not looking for anything $40-60 more like indie titles and stuff like that.

Well you can probably get a random warriors title or one of the older lego titles for cheap and those are casual enough.

Torchlight 2 is definitely a decent couch co-op thing and lightweight enough that your parents should have an easy time playing it especially if they've already played something like Diablo 3.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Multiplayer lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Today I went with my dad to visit an old drummer friend of his and drink and jam. It was fun until the guy kept making jokes about 'homos' and his wife tried to tell me how great it was that Trump will be making lots of new jobs

I know that feeling.

Thanksgiving dinner with KCB's dad's side of the family and everything's going fine and then suddenly "man, black people shouldn't act like thugs so often, that's why people stereotype them that way, majority of them act like that and prisons end up filled with them. It's their own fault." and "I'm not a racist, I hate everybody."

Then at her best friend's thanksgiving dinner, it was "I heard that that global warming thing is fake." "Trump's going to bring in clean coal, make the coal industry have jobs again by making the coal clean." "The thing of it is, the planet might be getting warmer, but each day the sun is also getting bigger, so eventually it's just going to encompass the whole Earth anyway."

It's a big shame cause kcb's friend's dad likes me a lot and he's fun to talk to and he has been very helpful and supportive of both KCB and myself but he also has these awful views on matters such as rape and black people and foreigners and he's not actually interested in facts because he insists that those facts aren't true. So stuff like "well statistically most immigrants from the middle east are criminals" "What, no they aren't, I have proof." "That's not what I've heard, and I know what I've heard and what I've seen is true. The thing of it is....."

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 6, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

At least this lady grew weed. And I don't have to see these people regularly.

Have you ever supported trump...on weed??

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Is it bad that I see these and don't understand why it's a big issue? Like, the conversation didn't seem to make it seem uncomfortable, it looked more like two friends joshing each other...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

y'know, it took the closest person in the world to me dying for me to come to this conclusion, but imo if you sweat this about everyone, you might end up hating them, and if you hate everyone, what kinda life are you living? if they're otherwise good people, life's too short and beautiful to judge others by the beliefs they hold. the way someone acts is another story, but the things that come outta their mouth... brah frick em, no matter

i'm a man with a black and twisted heart, but my bro loved me anyway, and without condition, so...

It's hardly to tolerate the kind of stuff he'll say given how often he'll say it. I mean, KCB's bday party was great but I'm still going to remember him trying to make a joke about how KCB was so excited to have received the Enigma skylander, just saying "I've got Enigma! I've got Enigma!" and his response being "we're not allowed to have those in the house anymore since the civil war."

Like, c'mon, that's not cool. It makes me feel like a hypocrite.

e: or seeing how views like that rubbed off on his daughter, KCB's best friend. Stuff where she'd say things like "oh yeah we have a black friend who plays magic the gathering and when we first met him, he said that he knows he's a black guy who plays magic the gathering so just get all your jokes out then and there" and KCB & I were like "...what jokes are there about black people who play magic the gathering?" and she says "well you know, they love fried chicken and watermelon"

Or us talking about the previous landlord we had and how awful she was and her response being "oh wow, is she black? She sounds black."

She's gotten better I think since then, she hasn't said anything like that for a few years, but her dad still likes injecting his political views into conversations and it's just a real killer cause it goes from him just being happy to have someone to talk to about stuff to him trying to educate me on why his racist ideologies are correct.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

• Locked thread