Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Whalley posted:

I'm insanely loving here for Sabrina after that trailer, goddamn does it look fun on a bun. sold every line like she was living her best life.

I'm not sure wtf I just watched but I think I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Oroborus posted:

I'm not sure wtf I just watched but I think I liked it.

“So we had Archie become a mob soldier. How do we top that in our new show?”

“Devil summoning and blood sacrifice?”

“Brilliant!”

Just to be clear, I’m all in.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The one problem I have with this is that it's looking like Salem will be a non-talking cat in this new series. This isn't a deal breaker because the rest of the show looks fabulous, but it does make me a bit sad because he was my favorite character as a kid.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It'd be pretty cool if Salem was Sabrina's version of Black Phillip from The Witch.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The one problem I have with this is that it's looking like Salem will be a non-talking cat in this new series. This isn't a deal breaker because the rest of the show looks fabulous, but it does make me a bit sad because he was my favorite character as a kid.

:agreed:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

:corsair:

Riverdale Season 3: Let's go stream Riverdale and suck face

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Shneak posted:

:corsair:

Riverdale Season 3: Let's go stream Riverdale* and suck face

The Asterisk is important.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:same:

the hard switches between real cat and demonic puppet were always a highlight.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Abandon all your Salem-related hopes because it became clear early in filming that Kiernan Shipka is allergic to cats.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fire her.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Yer Burnt posted:

Abandon all your Salem-related hopes because it became clear early in filming that Kiernan Shipka is allergic to cats.

Fine. Bring back the abominable puppet. I'll still watch.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just pump her full of allergy shots, clearly

e: tho tbf I have a feeling Salem wasn't going to be a big part of this/probably wouldn't be a sassy talking cat, whether Shipka was allergic or not lmao.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The gently caress is the point of the cat if he doesn't talk and taunt the Spellmans? Give me the abominable puppet, I demand it.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Malpais Legate posted:

Give me the abominable puppet, I demand it.

Riverdale Season 2: Give me the abominable puppet, I demand it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Malpais Legate posted:

The gently caress is the point of the cat if he doesn't talk and taunt the Spellmans? Give me the abominable puppet, I demand it.

I don't know much about Chilling Adventures, but does Salem talk and stuff in that? I'm sure there's diff iterations of Sabrina where he doesn't so it'll make sense if he's just a plain ol' cat or magical in some other way in the show.

That said I want a fuckin talking cat voiced by Nick Bakay goddamnit. I imagine a lot of people coming into this are only going to have any real experience with the MJH show so it'll be interesting seeing reactions to Salem not being the Salem most people remember from their youth lol

It's like the tiniest thing for me to complain about, though, in the face of these trailers and the casting in general for the show. I have a pretty good feeling I'm going to like this show more than Riverdale.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Oh I know nothing about the comics, I'm just going off the 90s sitcom with Melissa Joan Hart.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Malpais Legate posted:

Oh I know nothing about the comics, I'm just going off the 90s sitcom with Melissa Joan Hart.

Yeah that's my main source of Sabrina info, too, and the giant box of 50s/60s comics my stepdad has and I read like 80 times over on a really long road trip one time.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
The cat definitely talks in Chilling Adventures, he's even a bit sassy.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

well then #dropped bad adaptation #cancel it !!!

give me nick bakay !!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
It’s been a poo poo day so I’m finally gonna jump into The Good Place.

I’m spoiled on a lot of the big moves, but I’m looking forward to seeing how Schur put it together!

EDIT: This day was such poo poo I posted it in the wrong thread. Jesus.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 10, 2018

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hmmm, according to this Salem WILL be returning in the new show and WILL be talking they just haven't picked (or at least not announced) a voice actor for him yet: https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-...ssover-trailer/

Also he's super cute:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Salem is bad because it becomes ethically problematic to pet a human-cat.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
If you think about it, Salem is a pretty weird name for a witch’s cat because the trials have got to be a pretty dark period in witch history. It’s like naming someone after a genocide.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

SEX BURRITO posted:

If you think about it, Salem is a pretty weird name for a witch’s cat because the trials have got to be a pretty dark period in witch history. It’s like naming someone after a genocide.

It's been a looooong time, but I'm sure he was a wizard (named Salem) that tried to take over the world or something and being turned into a cat was his punishment. So it's not like Sabrina adopted him and named him after the witch trials.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CottonWolf posted:

So instead he's just a intelligent, speaking cat.

Wish sass.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

I rewatched all of the old Sabrina a couple months back and this is just the teeny tiny tip of the absolute nightmare horror show that is how the Spellmans treat ethics and consent.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My fiance came back from a trip to London this summer with the whole box set and tore through it til.. I think the end of S7. The one just before she goes to college and they have to write around losing 2 cast members and it goes really weird. I knew Tv's Frank wrote some stuff and was in it but I never knew he had such a big role in making the show. Which is really weird because I went from watching Sabrina every day to watching MST3K on winamp.

Anyway I don't know where I'm going with this but Sabrina the Teenaged Witch was super fun and I quote it to this day and I'm excited for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina to be super dark and kinda gay like Riverdale

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Quote-Unquote posted:

It's been a looooong time, but I'm sure he was a wizard (named Salem) that tried to take over the world or something and being turned into a cat was his punishment. So it's not like Sabrina adopted him and named him after the witch trials.

In the 90s show yes. In the main comics I’m not sure if they ever established a backstory, he didn’t start talking until after the TV show aired IIRC.

In the comic this is based on, the whole world domination thing was a cover for his real past, which honestly I didn’t find all that interesting.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Casting news: Gladys and Jellybean Jones have been cast, with Gina Gershon as Gladys and Trinity Linkins as Jellybean. They won't appear until the midseason finale.

https://www.thewrap.com/riverdale-gladys-gena-gershon-jughead-mother-jellybean/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
New thread for tonight!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871195

• Locked thread