Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I just went for a 1/2 hour walk, and caught a bunch of new 'mons. Also caught some rare ones (for me) that seemed to spawn thanks to the weather.

Good update so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Well, I just got the Extreme Weather alert. It's maybe -5C, and not even snowing.
Guess I should get used to seeing that warning screen until mid-Spring.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Prop Wash posted:

haven't posted in this thread since Kanto - are car players socially acceptable now?

Never. Get out and walk you lazy bastards, I don't care how cold it is!

Speaking of cold, my area has swung to the opposite of the weather warning side. There's tons of snow and ice outside, and there's an Extreme Cold Weather alert, but PoGO weather is showing partly cloudy. Oh well.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I found my game loads much faster since the last update. Anyone else?

I also caught my 2nd ever 100% IV mon, a Snorunt. Wooo Ice is great, right?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I just finished my first streak of Field Research, and as a reward, a Moltres spawned for me! My 1st legendary, wooo. Would have been nice to get a Zapdos, since that's my team birb, but I'll take what I can get.

Event has been great so far. Double candy and increased Gen 1 spawns means I'm seeing a lot of Mons that were hard to find, and I'll be able to evolve them very soon.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I finally hatched my first Onix. So excited. Never saw one in the wild.

I also got my first TMs, thanks to the research event. I think I'll use the charge TM on my Dragonite to get rid of Hyper Beam. The quick one, I'll have to put some thought into.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Just got an update saying that the scanner will prioritize nearby Mons that aren't already in the dex. It's not a filter like I would have preferred, but it's a step in the right direction.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Well, I'm on the Catch A Ditto quest, which really sucks.

I've been playing (casually) since release, and after some quick math, Dittos are a grand total of 0.3% of Mons that I've caught. It's pretty lovely that you can't specifically find them in any way, and it's all about whether the game decides that a specific trash Mon is a Ditto or not. I understand the Great / Excellent throw requirements, because those are actual skill based achievements that you can practice and get better at. Even finding a certain type, like catching 10 Ghosts, you can see them on your radar if you wander around. But Ditto? Nope, just try and catch everything and hope your number comes up. Boooo.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Fuckin finally.

Random Pidgey with 55CP, and broke out of 2 curve balls in a row. 3rd toss did the trick.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Hey I got my very first EX pass!

Aaaaand it's at a day and time where I won't be able to go. Oh well.

I did manage to snag my first Zappy Bird today, so now I have my team mascot.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Well, that item bonus from gyms is something, isn't it?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

Theme is dog gym: go

Newfie

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I have yet to catch a shiny. Oh well.

I did finally manage to snag my 10th ghost and move on to the next step in the Mew quest.

Now all I need to do is walk about 270km worth of fish candy, since they barely spawn around where I am. (Right beside a great lake, go figure.)

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Anybody having trouble hitting an Excellent throw, see if you can find a wild Ursaring.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Y'all representing your team colours out there?

Ummm, maybe tie-dye for the multi-account folks?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

There's a gym near me that I normally hit when I'm out walking the dog, and it's on the end of a dead-end street. I was going by the street, and I saw a car parked way down at the end, so I guessed at what they were up to.
I fired up PoGo, and sure enough, the Blissey I put in there about a half hour ago was under attack. Goddamn car player...
So I dropped a golden berry on it to buff it back up. And again. And again.
4 or 5 golden berries later, he gave up. Yaaay.
But then he came back an hour later when I wasn't paying attention.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Do shiny mons spawn that way on the map, or do you have to get to the ball throwing part before you can see that there's a difference? Or is it like Ditto where you only find out after you catch it?
I've never had one so I don't know what to look for.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I seem to have hit a potion drought. I've got tons of different balls, and piles of revives, but potions have been quite scarce. Anybody else having this issue?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I think the best system would be to get a notification saying congrats, you qualified for an Ex pass, and then getting a list of a couple dates / times to choose from.
If the date and time you chose doesn't get enough other people registering for it, you could get a choice to try it anyway, or reschedule. Seems like giving people a choice would be the simplest way to make everyone happy.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

They all look like they're afraid of Fat Torpedo.

I had just evolved my first Gyarados, right before I found out that it was a step in the Mew quest. The 4x candy event, and now the water event has gotten me almost back up to 400 again. I thought it would take forever!

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I just caught my first shiny! :neckbeard:

A big ol' fat pink beachball of whale. Thanks to the water event, it should only be a few days before I can evolve it.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

sebzilla posted:

Also caught my first Miltank

Super bowl to you!

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Only got out for 20ish min today, but I caught enough to get me a 3200+ buddy with Smack down and Crunch.

In other news, I evolved my sparkly lady:

Wasn't sure what else to name her.

Almost done the Mew quest too. The curved excellent throw was easy enough to get from a Wailmer. The capture w/ 50 berries task just seems more tedious than anything. Dunno why they left that for the last step.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Finished the Mew quest! My dude is in the upper 80s, and came with Pound and Solar Beam. I don't really intend to use it for attacking anything, but it's good to have another notch in the Dex. Just 4 short of having all the 1st Gen guys.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Jothan posted:

Background for those of you new to this wonderful story, victim was trespassing in his van when the guard showed up, tried to leave, was ordered to stop, and got shot five times. Guard claims it was self defense, but there’s evidence against that, and also his first lawyer quit because he couldn’t trust the guy.

I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him. I do security for a living, and these gung-ho idiots absolutely infuriate me. Absolute worst type of person to be doing the job.

E: I missed this news bit. Any info on where it happened? I'm assuming the US somewhere since shooting was involved.

Back to PoGo: the only time I'll take down a gym as soon as it's been taken over, is if I see that the player was driving from gym to gym. It's gorgeous outside, get out and walk (or bike) y'all!

The Zombie Guy fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 21, 2018

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

9768 2943 8887

Friend me up y'all.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Dang I got a friend list full of Goony Goodness!

Just got this little gem in a gift box! Wonder what's in it...

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

There's a severe lack of Magikarp / Mimikyu hats going on. Get your goddamn act together, people.

Whatever pops out of my 7km egg is getting named Ephphatha.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Thanks to all the goons sending me presents. I will eventually reciprocate, once the rain goes away and I can wander around without getting soaked.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Anyone know if you can trade a Mon that is fainted or not at full health?
I have a few expendable guys sitting in my bin, but if I can trade them without blowing items, then that beats just tossing them.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Bleh, the raid group on discord in my area isn't accepting anyone new, and want you to be level 25 with a ton of pictures of your account.

My local Discord group is a dude letting people access his custom scanner for a membership fee.
/Delete
Back to solo play.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Look at this dickhead.

Five shiny mons in a gym, and this absolute moron tosses in a boring old non-shiny lapdance.

I know the phrase "worse than Hitler" gets thrown around a lot lately, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

I generally ride my Lapras instead of the other way around...

Years ago, I got a Lapras named Lapdance as a Wonder Trade, and since then it stuck.

• Locked thread