Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

Let's all report in in an orderly fashion here. Obviously we want to have an idea of what people can do in battle, but not give away too much detailed information. So I've prepared a little survey to help everyone give me some nice rough claims to get started with. Please answer these questions in a timely manner and then y'all can get on with jokephase while I stay out of your way and obsess over the results.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I'm awesome both on and off the battlefield
D - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I suck both on and off the battlefield

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?
A. Yeah, I definitely favor one type over the other WHICH I WILL NOT SAY JUST YET BECAUSE I AM A SMART TOWNIE TOWN
B. Nah, its all good

5a. If you had a dayvig right now, who would you shoot and why
5b. besides me

Aww man a test on the first day of class?

1.) C
2.) C - Probably best off, but I can do good things on
3.) B
4.) B
5.) Noone. I'd save that poo poo until D2 when we had some info on the board. Alternatively, me twice

JoBro I will do wonderous things for you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My name's Nunya

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

NUNYABUSINESS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote Busb

Interrupting my jokes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Prince of Space posted:

Well that's not entirely neighborly! But, given what times we're in I kin respect wantin' to keep yer i-dennity a secret from the others.

Still, Nunya, if that IS yer real name... I don't see what givin' yer God-given name out to others should hurt none! We're all pals out here.

Imma go out on a limb here and say you want to murder someone with a certain name Mr Newbie. :eng101:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's called urine

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Prince of Space posted:

How is busb bein' "sus"?

busb

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

##vote infi NOW LEMME TELL YOU WHY IM VOTIN THIS SORRY SUMBITCH YOU SEE INFI IS WHAT WE CALL A "BAD EGG". INFI HAS A TENDENCY TO COME UP WITH SOME CRAZY THEORIES ABOUT HOW THE EARTH IS FLAT AND HOW CONFIRMED TOWN CAN BE SCUM AND THE LIKE. IF IM THE SHERRIF, I'D THROW HIS rear end IN JAIL, SWALLOW THE KEY, AND LET THAT POOR S.O.B. ROT. TOWN OR NOT, WE GON' HAVE A BIG OL ANCHOR ATTACHED TO OUR FEET IF WE LEAVE "INFI" IN THE GAME, SO EVERYONE VOTE HIS rear end OUT, WE'LL HAVE A SHINE BASH, KICK HIS rear end OVER THE BORDER BACK TO HIS PEOPLE, AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE CUZ STONE COLD SAID SO

You know why everyone listens to me on my crazy theories and gets scum dunked?

It's called respect.

Cause I'm goddamn flawless bitch.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is literally a 96 hour D1 Bif.

We gotta go through NYE Phase to get to Joke Phase before we hit Get Dunked On Phase

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tithin posted:

So what happened today so far, i got like 20 pings on discord

We don't have a discord...

Unless you're in a scum discord

##vote Tithin

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tithin posted:

What, you're not in on THE DEEP STATE ?

A likely story Scotsman

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have a cop result for you Soag

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Venom Soag posted:

“Don’t use me much, keep me in the back, give me special treatment” sounds like an A-class fighter and totally not at all like scum trying to stab your actual soldiers in the back while wasting everyone’s time and energy.

Wanna know why I have two hotdogs?

Cause I gently caress like a champ

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Has anyone voted...

ACDC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

peramene posted:

I don't vote unless I'm ready to commit to hammering

Scumspicious

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Are you legit claiming D1 with 0 pressure, you beautiful disaster of a mafia player?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I promise not to run a gambit that gets you lynched Gaspy

Can we be friends again?
Y________
N________

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Venom Soag posted:

I agree, especially on the “inf is more likely to kill us than be of any value whatsoever” point.

Sorry you post like scum :shrug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My NYE resolution is continuing being the bomb rear end mother fuckin' Mafia legend I am

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Look mate, I'm not going to blow you unless you buy me a drink first.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Not Voting (15):Anidav, curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Jeabus Mahogany, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, peramene, Prince of Space, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, tithin, tpink, Xad

Over half of the thread is not voting for anybody. This is, uh, really bad.

I called Birdstrike out for this in Minifauxenen Mafia, and he flipped scum.

I'm calling it out again here.

The only people concerned about the time left, this early in the day, are scum.

##vote TNL

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Votes generate discussion which generates cases which lead to executions that succeed based on the quality of the cases they are based upon.

Voting also forces scum to vote to fit in which in turn provides opportunities to expose their fake suspicions when they fail to compare to real ones.

In short it is bad for the town that so many town players have not voted, because that fosters an environment where scum players do not need to risk themselves by voting.

Don't let this stop you from enjoying your new year's, but also don't pretend you had enough time to read my post and complain about it but not enough time to hash hash vote somebody sometime in the last two days.

Exhibit A - The appearance of creating discussion, without actually adding to the discussion

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

I call people out for not voting in every game.

Also we're literally competing against another thread full of town players who I would like to win against, so I would like this thread to have better discussion than they do. This should be an incentive for everybody to bring their best to this game btw.

Exhibit B - Redirecting attention to a factor that doesn't concern town ITT

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Winning the game doesn't concern you? Ok dude.

You know what I meant, so don't attempt to spin my statements

What is happening in the other thread is of no concern to me, as our scum team are doing their job in disrupting the state of play.

My concern is winning the game here.

The only players we need to focus attention on, during the day, are scum ITT

Aka you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, don't get mad at people who want people to vote. that's duuuumb

Infinitum posted:

I'm not worried about people not playing the game ATM, as it is NYE.

That is what's suspicious about the statement.

quote:

actually, I find the fact that pera explicitly saying that she won't vote super suspicious. Is that a normal thing for her?

Exhibit C

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't be dense, I just said why

It's NYE.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Curse you all for making me having to read 152 new posts in a day.

Catching up now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i97OkCXwotE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

If anything the hostile responses I got show how little people understand the true purpose of the jokevote phase, and why it is scummy for players to make it through the jokevote phase without voting.

Exhibit D - Still saying nothing, while appearing to say something

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Catch up read.

Peoples posting I don't like in general
- Drunk Nerds - Gut read scum
- Pera - Says won't vote until sure, and then starts throwing out a vote in a somewhat random fashion without backup statements as to why

For those playing at home, Venom Soag/Gaspy is upset with me because in Minifauxnen Mafia I played a Cop Gambit as Town which led to him getting lynched while he was also Town.
He had been my strongest scum read all game

Which is why you are seeing posts like this:

Venom Soag posted:

Let me make this crystal clear; it is absolutely an in-game rationale because infinitum has consistently demonstrated not only as a “mafia player” but as a human being to be poo poo awful at decision making, appropriate behaviour and critical thinking. It’s not some weird meta read to not want someone in the game who is literally a huge rear end in a top hat who is too stupid to actually play mafia.

It’s ruthless, it’s blunt, but it’s also common sense. An army only moves as fast as it’s slowest member and that will always be infinitum.

Also if you looked I made in game cases too, so you trying to push me as someone who’s not engaging within the game just makes you look like lazy scum. Same scum play YPM tried in the last game.

You know my ratio for actually finding scum vs mislynching is actually really good, right?

Look at recent examples
- Subbed into DBZ mafia and Nightvig'd scum 2 nights in a row successfully
- I did gently caress up on Xad, thinking he was town, but successfully led the charge on the 4th scum team member YPM
- 3/4 scum ain't fuckin bad
- Called out Birdstrike's play D1 in Minifauxnen as scum being the only ones concerned with the timer running out.
- Calling out Anidav for insane theories, and would have pushed for his vote had I not been NK'd (But had successfully called for the No Lynch vote)
- Realised, too late, that YPM fakeclaimed the PGO and was scum (But had it on record :v:)

Look I'm really sorry you flipped town in Mini-Mafs, but I won't apologise for running the cop gambit in a game that was clearly all-vanilla, where you had been my top scumspect all game.
I was truly honestly knackered from a brutalish week of work+heat+being bit by deadly spiders and going to hospital - that I just didn't have the energy to make a proper case against you; to that I will apologise for. You did deserve to have had a proper case made against you.

However I won't be apologising for projecting an aura of confidence into my posts, which leads people to believe me most of the time, as that's how poo poo gets fuckin sorted. (And why the cop claim was believed)

But real talk time
You need to let what happened in the previous game go mate, and start this one fresh. Like every game should be started fresh
Fine you don't like me, I honestly don't give a poo poo. I'm just here to play Mafs.

Bifs called for a halt to it, so lets just play some mafs hey?

Truce? Truce.

---------------------------------------

The Ninth Layer posted:

Also we're literally competing against another thread full of town players who I would like to win against, so I would like this thread to have better discussion than they do. This should be an incentive for everybody to bring their best to this game btw.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Btw Infinitum is dead wrong about townies concerning themselves with the other thread.

Every town player should at least be skimming the other thread to get a good idea of who their helpful players are aka who it's safe and good to shoot.

I feel like TNL is stating two different things here

--------------------------------------

Venom Soag posted:

INFINITUM bandwagons, turning the momentum of Tithin and Drunk Nerds complaints into a scum gotcha.

I feel this is categorically incorrect, as I jumped onto TNL for something extremely similar that happened in Mini-Mafs

Observe

From Mini-Mafs

quote:

Birdstrike posted:

How the gently caress is Sal at 3?

votefinder when?

Infinitum posted:

Giving a poo poo about votecount less than 12 hours after the start of D1

Scum found

##vote Birdstrike

Birdstrike posted:

Oh good we can start playing mafia now.

Inf why do you think it's bad people know how many votes people are on?

Infinitum posted:

Because this is clearly joke phase, where votes will be jumping about, and only scum would give a poo poo about knowing how many votes someone has; so they can potentially continue the vote train.

Bifauxnen posted:

:siren: Birdstrike, Vanilla SCUM, died during N1! :siren:

Again the game had only just started, and it was weird to be so concerned about the state of play when it would have clearly been in a state of flux for at least another 12-24 hours before we knuckled down.

It's a post that stood out.

My instinct was to build a case against Bird, and I should have followed my gut on it.

Now observe TNL from this game.

quote:

The Ninth Layer posted:

Not Voting (15):Anidav, curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Jeabus Mahogany, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, peramene, Prince of Space, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, tithin, tpink, Xad

Over half of the thread is not voting for anybody. This is, uh, really bad.

Infinitum posted:

I called Birdstrike out for this in Minifauxenen Mafia, and he flipped scum.

I'm calling it out again here.

##vote TNL

The exact same thing that happened in Mini-Mafs is happening again here.

1.) The game has just started
2.) It's a 96 hour Day 1
3.) Everybody is clearly in holiday mode from Xmas+NYE poo poo
4.) Why the hell would anyone care about the game, seriously, until the New Year has started.

Again
The only people concerned with the state of the vote, this early in the game, are scum; as they are strategising how to spin plays.

Still don't believe me, have a look at TNL's follow up posts to being called out (Click through to see the posts by TNL in question)

quote:

Infinitum posted:

Exhibit A - The appearance of creating discussion, without actually adding to the discussion

Infinitum posted:

Exhibit B - Redirecting attention to a factor that doesn't concern town ITT

Infinitum posted:

Exhibit D - Still saying nothing, while appearing to say something

At this moment in time, I believe TNL to be the correct vote D1

I won't let the opportunity that passed us by in Mini-Mafs D1 to happen again here.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr TNL is scum. Vote TNL

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

- Pera - Says won't vote until sure, and then starts throwing out a vote in a somewhat random fashion without backup statements as to why

Forgot this was still in there, but Pera did come back and give a reason for their vote later.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:lol: Anidav with 8 scum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bif can you do your JoBro a favour later and list out your top suspects as we approach deadline

I will do unspeakable things to one of them

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would assume a 5 player scum team at the maximum and a handful of 3Ps tossed into the mix

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

anyway, ##vote Xad. Would still vote RF.

Why Xad?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

What is the contradiction here? Please explain and then I'll respond to the rest of your post if you want.

Bif for now I am ok watching people hang themselves pursuing me but I'll give you concrete opinions tomorrow if I'm not too hungover.

I felt it an odd statement, this early in a game, where the ratio of whom to be targeting during Battle Phase.

At the moment our primary focus needs to be here.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Actually I will say this, comparing me to someone else who did something in some other game is not only a bad meta case, it's a bad meta case that applies to some completely different player in a setup that is also completely different.

I want to hear you explain this contradiction you spotted though because honestly I don't see it at all and would like to think you are just being obtuse Infinitum who I won't vote for and not duplicitous scum Infinitum which is what I was feeling earlier.

Again, you're attempting to spin what I said.

I'm not comparing you with someone else.

I'm comparing your actions with similar actions scum were concerned with.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Venom Soag posted:

No truce.

Not now, not ever. You want me to not think you’re garbage you have years of posting to make up for.

You can mollify me with deeds but not with your worthless whinging.

Your call mate, I felt it just fair to let the other players know your statements are a little bit biased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tits - Again I don't honestly care if someone doesn't like me, but if it's going to colour his state of play then that's something people need to be aware of when making informed decisions.

I'm sorry Gaspy doesn't like you much anymore. His loss.

We're both delights.

• Locked thread