Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

A voice speaks to you, but you cannot remember the words.
You wake up to the sound of rates scurrying about and water dripping. Everything smells of mildew and mold, and you're pretty sure that some of the straw you're laying on is rotting, but what can you do? You're in prison, after all.
Where are you in prison again?

A: Cyrodil, of course, in the imperial city. The heartland of tamriel, the centre of many empires of man, the home province of the imperials. Temperate and fertile in the North, and a sprawling jungle in the South.
B: Morrowind, the land of the dunmer, a strange and alien lands too outsiders, beset by ash storms until the 4th era, a land of assassination, deciet, and the worship of daedra, controlled by feuding houses and a domineering Temple.
C: Skyrim, the icy lands of the wild and untamable nords, a place of honor and war, of great warriors, mythic heroes and great Kings. A land ruled by chiefs and jarls since the very first age of men. Here, mountains and ice define the landscape, growing wilder and now elemental the further north you go, like the harder nords who live there.
D: Elsweyr, the land of the Khajiit, a warm, dry place, ruled by the mane, a singular and powerful Khajiit, with a strange and stratified society of cats in a plethora of shapes. Here, the mane may rule, but Moon sugar is King
E: Valenwood, the home of the Bosmer. A mighty and unimpenetrable jungle, it is a place of walking trees and cities, as well as strictly carnivorous elves, dangerous monsters, and mysterious beastmen-apes. Here, people live in city-states and clans, and always in accordance with the Green Pact, which binds all Bosmer together.
F: Black Marsh, the home of the Argonians. A marshy swampland that teems with diseases and sickness, ruled by the clannish argonians, the black marsh has never been conquered, in part due to the actions of the Hist, an intelligent hivemind of trees that live in symbiosis with the argonians.
G: Hammerfell, the adopted home of the Redguards. A land dominated by a large desert and mountains, ruled by the redguards since their invasion during the First Era. Politically, it is split between the crowns and the forebearers, factions which often war and quarrel with each other, and at other time unite under one king.
H: The summerset isles. The homeland of the Aldmer, the high elves, summerset isles, also known as alinor, are a place of wonder, with towers made of crystals or butterfly wings, and where every schoolchild learns at least a little of magic and magica. Ruled by a king, and intermittent wizard-warlords, for most of its history, it is an isolationist place and unwelcomming to outsiders.
I: High rock. The home of Bretons, a place of mountains and fertile valleys, full of warring kingdoms and dukedoms. Now and then uniting to fight off outsiders, it is otherwise a place of war and intrigue, backstabbing and vendettas. Here, ruling elites with countless titles lord it over starving peasants, despite the wealth of the kingdoms.
J: Somewhere else! Nirn is full of strange places and kingdoms and places that have risen and fallen over the course of history. Atmora, Orsinium, Phyandonea, or just some more specific part of somewhere already mentioned (Vaardenfel, for example, or one of the kingdoms of Elsweyr)

The rats keep scurrying about. One of them is nibbling on the stale loaf of bread you see on a plate by the door. You shoo it away and take a bite of the bread. Not exactly a meal fit for kings. You think back to the cusine of your homeland, propper food. What is your homeland?
What sort of man or mer are you?

A: An imperial. A cosmopolitan and diverse race of men from cyrodil, skilled at both trade and war, the rulers of three successive empires. Imperials from northwestern cyrodil, colovians, are more warlike and nordic, while the nibenese from Nibenay Bay truly embrace the cosmopolitan and magical heritage of Cyrodil.
B: An altmer, a high elf from sommerset. Unquestionably the race of the mightiest wizards and greatest mages, the altmer have a deep and inborn afinity with magic and magicka, and likewise, are more easily affected by it. Others, however, see them as arrogant and haugthy, and the altmer themselves often concider themselves superior to other elves and, especially, to men.
C: A breton,
from high rock. Mixing man and mer blood the bretons are skilled at magic, while also resistant to its effects. Willful and intelligent, bretons are often driven and eccentric individuals, and have a pechant for knightly questing.
D: A bosmer, out of valenwood. The bosmer are the greatest hunters in all of tamriel, and religous carnivores. Bound by the Green Pact, the bosmer never eat plants, nor use them for building. According to this green pact, the bosmer must also eat their enemies when slain in battle, as the meat must not go to waste.
E: A Nord. The oldest race of men, the nords are hardy warriors out of skyrim. Skilled at all manner of martial endeavours, the Nords revel in glory and honor. Deeply connected to the wind, the nords can grow downright elemental in the northernmost part of skyrim. In earlier eras, many nords knows the secrets of the Thu'um, and even later, the latent power of a nord's breath can sometimes manifest as a powerful battlecry or even a blast of cold.
F: A Redguard. The dark-skinned inhabitants of hammerfell, redguards are skilled swordsmen and warriors, with natural hardy constitutions and great strength and speed when they need it. Redguards practice a religion that mixes their ancient yokandan beliefs with the imperial religion. A few redguards also practice sword-singing and aberrant swordsmanship, a practice that died out as the eras went on.
G: A Dunmer. Called ‘dark-elves' by many men, the dunmer hail from morrowind. Known for their diverse range of skill, their proficiency with stealth and assassination, and their worship of their ancestors and the daedra, the dunmer are often considered strange and alien. The dunmer have an innate resistance to heat and fire, and their deep ties to their ancestors sometimes manifest as protections, and occasionally even apparitions of their ancestors.
H: an Orc. Technically a form of elf, the orcs are concidered brutish and savage by many, and are powerful warriors. The orcs worship malacath above all, and revere strength in battle. Their temper is as short as their arms are mighty, however, and many fall into heated rages when they meet battle.
I: A Khajit. Derogatorily called cats, the Khajit are cat-like beastmen from the deserts of Elsweyr. The Khajit come in many shapes, their form dependant on the moons at their time of birth, but all are fast, agile, and well-suited to stealth and subterfuge. It is for this reason that Khajit are often taught to be crimnals by the other races. Well, that, and their obessesion with the narcotic moon sugar and the dangerous drug skooma, which is made from it. If we choose this option, we will have another vote to determine which of the, like, 20 supspiecies of khajit you are.
J: Argonian.
Lizard-men from Black Marsh, the Argonians are scaled, lizard-like beastmen with gills. Nearly immune to disease and poison, and able to stay underwater indefinitely, the argonians excel at guerilla warfare, especially in their watery native province. The argonians revere intelligent trees called the hist, with whom they have a strange symbiosis.
K: Something else! There are many many races on tamriel, from volupine beastmen of black marsh, to sloads and akaviri, to the nedes, atmorans and alyieds of ealier eras.

Too bad. Moldy, stale bread is all you've got. At least, you got it before the rats today. You walk a bit while you eat. Well, you pace, two steps towards the door, two back to the wall of the cell. You don't know how long you're going to be here. You've been here for a while now.
Last you saw sun without bars, it was…

A: Shortly after the founding of Sarthaal,
the first city of men in all of tamriel. I live in the time of Ysgramor and Ysmir, of Pelinial Whitestrake and Hans the Fox. In morrowind, Velothic culture is dying out and the first seeds of the division that will become the ashlanders and the great houses is forming, and the first great wizard's towers are being made. What happens elsewhere in the world is to a great degree a mystery. This choice does not gaurentee that we play in skyrim or morrowind, it's just an indication of time. If this wins out, we may have to reinterpret or revote on the race issue.
B: The 38th year of the third century of the first era
; at this time, rebellion brews among the human slaves in cyrodil, and the people of skyrim have united as nords under one king. Beneath and between them, the dwemer fight the so-called aetherium wars, and in Resdayn, later to be called Morrowind, chimer and dwemer have just realized that their in-fighting has weakened them, and nords from skyrim are driving them back, conquering Resdayn, and likewise high rock. In valenwood, the bosmer have for centuries been ruled by a dynasty of kings, the camoran dynasty. Much of what goes on elsewhere is still unknown.
C: The first year of the 8th century of the first era;
when last i saw the sun, the armies of Indoril Nerevar were marching into battle against Dumac Dwarfking, and likewise from skyrim came the warriors of Ysmir Wulfharth, who had died and been remade from his ashes by the ghost of shor. In cyrodil, the alyieds have long been purged, and even their last king died centuries ago, defeated in battle. Now, the tribunal walk nirn as young gods, and the dwemer are no more.
D: The first year of the 23rd century of the first era. There were rumors of akaviri ships and raiders on the horizon, and a young general named Reman Cyrodil has risen to prominence. The alessian empire has fallen, and much of tamriel is now in chaos and disarray, with many kingdoms vying for power and many provinces having claimed their independence. Soon, Reman Cyrodil will change this, when the akaviri attack in force, but none on tamriel know this.
E: The 50th year of the ninth century of the second era. Kingdoms and provinces are vying for power after the fall of the reman empire. In skyrim, a young wariror named hjalti early-beard has been called by the greybeards to be anointed as dragonborn, while in morrowind, unbeknowns to most, Dagoth Ur, ancient enemy of the tribunal, has awoken with the ash-vampires he calls kin, and the tribunal have begun, ever so slowly, to weaken. Valenwood and summerset isle have combined as the aldmeri dominion, and made pacts with the khajit, while in hamerfell, the soon-to-be-last king yet rules, while, and the sload necromancer n'gasta plans and plots, unbeknownst to all.
F: The 48th year of the third century of the third era. A usurper to the bosmeric throne is gathering power, and will soon overrun first valenwood, then much of the empire. In cyrodil, the empire is weaked by internal strife and heritage disputes, while in morrowind, the tribunal's law grows ever stricter as its power slowly wanes.
G: The red year, the fifth year of the fourth era.
The empire has no emperor at this point, and old institutions are failing. In morrowind, all is chaos as ash and fire rains from the sky; in black marsh, the argonians are on the war-path, against their ancient dunmeri enemies. In the summerset isles, the thalmor plan an plot, vying for power, soon to grasp it, and the throne as well. There is no aldmeri domnion, not yet, but soon, perhaps, there will be.
H: Some other year!
Tamriellic history has many strange turns and twists, many intersting eras and times. Moreso than the other questions, i encurage you to choose some time or historical event you find interesting and write it in. I simply had to cut it down to some, and this is the list i came up with.

Welcome, everyone, to the scrolls have fortold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
1A, 2A, 3E

We are Maximilian Aurelius, merchant trying to Get Rich Quick in a foreign land! Got arrested on TOTALLY FALSE smuggling charges instead! Whoops!

Full Mercantile and Speechcraft build gogogogOGOGOGOGOGOGOO

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

1E, 2H, 3F

Orcs in the forest! Like babes on the woods, but orcier.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 14, 2018

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

GFH. Similar timeframe to sheep-dodger' s post, but a member of the Hammerfell resistance against the Thalmor.

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 14, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

ABH
We're an altmer that fled the takeover by the Thalmor, but we've been imprisoned as a potential spy in the Imperial City, as the year is 4E 174 and the Thalmor are about to strike against the Imperial city itself. In fact, we can already hear the fighting outside

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
DIF

Khajit just simple peddler.

This khajit just sharing skooma with friends.

Khajit have many friends throughout the empir''s.

They call this Khajit the Skooma Drug Lord.

But it is an misunderstanding! *Crush the rats with paw in anger*

The guard won't listen, even when Khajit give his last Septim to not-nice-anymore guard.

Non-khajit suddenly decides skooma is bad. They want no more.

Lots of peaceful Khajits went mad. Their meows howled throughout the land to the Hungry Cat for SKOOMA.

Then they become very hungry that night. Want to protect the Moon Sugar.

This khajit just want to save the tribe. Other khajits needs this khajit's Skooma.

The Clan Mother cries for the Skooma catastrophe.

This Khajit need to get out of jail.

This Khajit need a smoke.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

we are SsSsss'thhssSSSss SSssssSSsSs'Sssss, a Daedroth muscle wizard.
Or Kenji Goonikawa, an Akaviri ninja

sheep-dodger posted:

ABH
We're an altmer that fled the takeover by the Thalmor, but we've been imprisoned as a potential spy in the Imperial City, as the year is 4E 174 and the Thalmor are about to strike against the Imperial city itself. In fact, we can already hear the fighting outside

I love Theantero's idea but this one sounds good too.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1J. New Sheoth, the Shivering Isles.
2F.
3H. The 201st year of the fourth era. Our lord Sheogorath said he needed some personal time off and went on something called a 'vacation'. That was three months ago. Some in the courts of Mania and Dementia believe the Madgod has left us for good; those who wish to expand their power and influence have begun to put devious plans in motion.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Zybourne Clock posted:

1J. New Sheoth, the Shivering Isles.
2F.
3H. The 201st year of the fourth era. Our lord Sheogorath said he needed some personal time off and went on something called a 'vacation'. That was three months ago. Some in the courts of Mania and Dementia believe the Madgod has left us for good; those who wish to expand their power and influence have begun to put devious plans in motion.

Holy loving poo poo yes

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
HJG

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

HFG

We’re a swashbuckling former pirate trader who has relocated to the only place as exotic and expensive as our tastes, the Summerset Isles, after amassing a huge fortune.

Unfortunately our life has caught up with us and now we’re stuck in a High Elf jail with no exquisite clothes, money or friends and only our wits, speechcraft and oversized sweetbreads to carry us onwards.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
A
K Akaviri
D

We are an Akaviri spy scouting for the coming invasion

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Somebody stole my sweetroll :(

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
GGA. Work that one out.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Hrrrnnng I have so many IDEAS about ways those three votes could combine.

E, G, F

PlatFleece
Dec 14, 2016

I'm gonna go with

GJE

Mostly because I want to see the "Adventures of an Argonian in the Desert" and I also kinda wanna explore eras I'm not too familiar with in Elder Scrolls, but still have passing knowledge.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

J - Maormer
K - Pyandonea
H - Third Era Year 109
Just prior to the most recent effort by King Orgnum to conquer Tamriel.

:getin: Show me some lore.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

C J G
Digs-Through-Shoals is but a simple fisherman. Racist contentions among the Argonians and Dunmeri here are few and far between, because we are all labeled as subservient to the Nords, in spite of our being perfectly self sufficient as dock workers and laborers. However, the call of the Hist is strong these days, as the civilization among the Red Mountain grows weak, and when word reached from Black Marsh that I was to incite rebellion amongst the docks of Windhelm, it was almost immediately that I was interred by the Jarl's men. I do not yet know what will become of me, but the fact that I have been left alive leads me to believe that Skyrim will somehow turn me upon my own people, if not against the Dunmer. Perhaps I will one day see the waters of Black Marsh, which to this day seem but an inborn memory to me.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 15, 2018

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Hey people. I'm gonna let the poll run for at least the rest of the day, probably until tomorrow, then restrict it to the most popular choices for a revote, because no choice has more than a vote or two's lead.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

ABA Ayleid Wizard King vs. Pelinal Whitestrake[/b]

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

BGC

we are a dunmer of morrowind - a radical priest of azura inclined to resist the newly-divine tribunal. our dreams have been troubled with sinister visions of the new gods leading the dunmer astray, even as, in the waking world, the entire province celebrates their ascension.

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 15, 2018

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

sheep-dodger posted:

ABH

I like the sound of this one, so I'll also go ABH.

Though if I could still make my own suggestion: CCH. A Reachman awaiting execution after Ulfric Stormcloak recaptured Markarth in 4E 176.

Mountaineer fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 15, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

So many awesome ideas, so much potential, :psypop:

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
GIF

A thief merchant, who was mistaken for a Forebear agent while acquiring a container of expensive cheese which was going to be used for an important festival in Crown territory.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

I have now tallied the votes, and it's a mess. there are leads, but they are tied to plans that can't be done and places/Races that *aren't winning* so i'm closing off some options and restricting voting to the leading choices. Please restate your entire vote, even if one of you votes is already valid. The choices are:

Question one:
A: Cyrodil
G: Hammerfell

Question two:
B: Altmer
F: Redguard
G: Dunmer
J: Argonian

Question three:
F: The 48th year of the third century of the third era.
G: The red year, the fifth year of the fourth era
H: 4E 174

Also, people who are voting G or H, i want to know if you want me to count your votes together or not. That is, do you want That specific year of the fourth era particularly, or just any part of the fourth era. F had a lead over any individual 4th era vote, but the fourth era as a whole had more votes, and i want to know if the people voting massively for the fourth era care about their specific year or just the era in general.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
G, G, F

My condolences regarding this vote. We're all here for you and we all believe in you. You can do it.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Vavrek posted:

G, G, F

My condolences regarding this vote. We're all here for you and we all believe in you. You can do it.

What Vavrek said. Also, I like GGF

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

GFH but anything 4th era is fine?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
GGF.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Official vote: GJF

As much as I would like to support my original vote of ABH, I'm already pretty familiar with Cyrodiil and the 4th Era from the games. Hammerfell in the mid to late 3rd Era before ES: Arena happens is mostly unknown territory for me, so it'll be a chance to experience some new lore.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

1. G
2. J

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

GGF

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I'm fine with both AB or GG with a slight preference to the former, as long as the era vote is H

ToastiestToast
May 21, 2007
GGF

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
A

F

F

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 17, 2018

PlatFleece
Dec 14, 2016

I'm going to be fighting for GJ because I want to see Argonians in the desert. As for era, I might go with F, just the era. Though I have no strong feelings towards any era

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
GFF
I'm not really fussed on the era, I never played the redguard game, so I'm completely unfamiliar with Hammerfell.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Chatrapati posted:

GFF
I'm not really fussed on the era, I never played the redguard game, so I'm completely unfamiliar with Hammerfell.
Vote GFF+1

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

G, F, G/H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

HFF

• Locked thread