Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's page 76 too :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't have PMs but if someone could e-mail a PC code to fightthepowershift at gmail.com that would be rad.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I tried but you set yourself to not be able to get PMs

I don't have PMs because i'm broke :(

That's why i put my e-mail in there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

They are totally abandoning this game as soon as they release.

They'll probably go free to play and try to micro-transaction the gently caress out of it first.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

Oh my God I just remembered that they were partnering with the WV department of tourism to use the game as a tourism booster, poor WV never gets any breaks. :suicide:

But what if somebody hacks WV and deletes all the heroin.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mod it till it crashes, then ship it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Bethesda has no idea how to market this game

Makes sense, they had no idea how to make it either.

As someone without investment at this point, at least the dumpster fire is entertainment.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Who is ninja and why does he have blue hair?

Some minecraft dude had blue hair like 10 years ago and got a million views on youtube so now all video game dudes have blue hair

Keep up, grampa.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ApeHawk posted:

no, that's the other one

ninja is the guy who doesn't wanna strim with the womenz because he doesn't want his wife to worry/get jealous he wants all the attention.'

ah, who am i kidding, he's probably also racist, i can't keep up nowadays.

:siren: spoiler alert :siren:

they're all racist

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Akumos posted:

Twitter clarified PC players do not need to reinstall.

just need to install a 54gb day one patch

https://twitter.com/USgamernet/status/1061047683475881984

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tei posted:

I don't attribute it to incompetence, it could be something else.

It's a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off.

Reminder that everything is unencrypted and client-side on PC.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tei posted:

Well, yea.

I should not have deleted my BETA install. I feel some irrational remorse there just in case this is the first phase of yet another epic fail.

Game is fun, the hilarious bugs are hilarious if they dont' get in the way, and hopefully we will find some exploitable one to have billions of XP or billions of caps.

Akumos posted:

I don't think everything is client-side, seems like loot still has to be loaded from servers on containers and vendors but not 100% sure how that works. Would be curious to know if shooting players is client side, if it is people can just intentionally d/c themselves, shoot someone 10 times, then reconnect and they would die.
I'm just sayin

If it walks like incompetence and it smells like incompetence and it quacks like incompetence........

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

If the game has a low amount of players you could easily play it as a single player fallout. You could claim a base and get a huge income of scrap and no one would be coming to steal it from you.

Or there could be godmode griefers that jump around session to session just to gently caress your poo poo up like GTA

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gonna lol when it comes out that they just stole a bunch of poo poo from random fan mods to stitch this piece of poo poo together.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Has anybody, officially or otherwise, created a gif of pipboy doing hte fortnite floss dance?

because that seems to to be th logical conclusion o this whole scenario.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

how incredible would it be to find a terminal that lets you play Skyrim from inside FO76

e: I realize I'm probably months late with this joke but idc

At least a year late, but that might explain the day 1 update that's bigger than the game itself.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

If I can't enjoy destroying someone else's happiness then what the gently caress is a multiplayer game even for smdh

You're hired! ~Todd Howard, probably.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Almost seems like we should wait 6 years for the "definitive edition" thata addresses these bugs

lol video games are dead

seriously, you should hate yourself if you "pre-ordered" this

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

selec posted:

nah it’s really fun stop taking poo poo so seriously

I must just be mad because the fallout franchise is dead after this shitshow

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Man goons are really weird and pathetic about video games sometimes.

Yeah, to the point where they pre-order broken loving cash-ins on the latest video game trends.

I can't wait until every "community event" is some half-assed attempt at a battle royale hero shooter.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fallout fans: Co-op would be cool
Bethesda: Got it, i know just what to do. *dagron that takes 3 billion hits to kill*

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raged posted:

I'm guessing this isn't selling too well. All the CD Key reseller's are selling the game for 45 to 55% off. That's unheard of. They usually raise prices after launch.

Game is bad

It's not that it's bad. It's just wrong.

It's marketed as "Fallout, but multiplayer!, finished game, $60!" when it's really just an early access fallout-skinned Rust.

If it was $20 and marked as early access, people would probably be okay with the jank and bugs and the lack of content. It was sold and hyped as a finished AAA game, which it is not.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

User posted:

The best thing about Fallout 76 is all the money Feargus Urquhart isn't getting from it.

The worst thing is all the money Bethesda isn't getting from it

because nobody is buying it

Also Feargus prob just got a huge gently caress-off payday from microsoft, so he wins.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

User posted:

Yeah I hope the other poor bastards there who did all the actual work got a taste.

Oh, of course, just like when Notch got his ridiculous minecraft money and kept most of it for himself and now he's a depressive sad sack because he has no friends

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What really bugs me is it was only announced 6 months ago.

Like they had to know it wasn't going to be ready in 6 months.

What exactly did they have in their hands 6 months ago to say "yup, this is going to be a $60 product in 6 months"?

It just feels like pure cynical greed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/48zcUmxp7O2se0CIMMwmGg/fallout-76-upcoming-features-and-fixes-november-2018

quote:

Stash Limit Increase: We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.

lol, every part of this is fantastic

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seeing the trainwreck this game became was a ton of free entertainment as well, and there's still more to come when we see how brazenly they try to dig their hands deeper into the pockets of owners.

Maybe they've pioneered an amazing new business model of weeding out the non-whales by putting out a garbage game. It turns out the trick of turning more than 3% of players into payers is to drive away people with sense.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nichael posted:

I'm kind of addicted to this thread just because I enjoy a good trainwreck in entertainment media.

Some people like the trainwreck, some people like the train :shrug:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RevolverDivider posted:

Game is poo poo and poo poo game failing so company tries next time is good.

Ahh, yes, "next time" is definitely a thing studios that make a poo poo game get these days.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Bethesda will live.

After trimming off some of the "dead flesh"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

Bethesda has no idea how to micotransaction and they are going to destroy their franchises figuring it out.

Yeah, destroy them ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Penpal posted:

I understand people enjoying their time with the game and arguing from that position, especially on PC, because a lot of the jank can be brute forced with expensive hardware. I pity the console players though without the expensive 4k/pro consoles, because this just looks sad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09nYeO1lQiQ

their frame-time measurement tool actually couldn't get readings from the game for some moments because of the hitching and frame stutters. Digital Foundry are legit and even they're dunking on it

14fps is more cinematic anyways

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BillyC posted:

i believe fallout 76 is a game, i hope thats not controversial to say

lol look at this stupid guy with his stupid opinions

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

frajaq posted:

I really want to know the sales figure of this

It'll probably do okay initially because they spent twice as much marketing it as they did making the game. There have been commercials all over hockey games and stuff that Show a bunch of live-action CGI stuff, and it's as shameless as those lovely phone game ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IcqE8kT3KA

I can't imagine word of mouth will carry it anywhere.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The game is already 1/3 of the way to free to play on XBL.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

Remember when you are told to follow the freedom trail to find the railroad and them the password to their super secret base is literally just railroad

holy poo poo, spoilers

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bardeh posted:

holy crap

less than two weeks after release and it's two thirds off. If I'd bought this for full price I'd be pissed. I mean, mainly because I'd have bought a terrible game, but this just piles on a little more 'gently caress you'

Raged posted:

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-76-pc-aus-nz-cd-key

64% off for us Aussies and I am still not buying.

25 ish USD

It can still go lower, i'm holding out for $0

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gynovore posted:

They... they put Fog Crawlers in 76???

:ughh:

There aren't enough facepalm smilies to properly express my face-palmyness at this point.

dude, they put loving dragons for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

More like fallout $0.76

Damnit, i should have said fallout 76% off

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 26, 2018