Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Father Wendigo posted:

*checks Nukapedia*

Actually, his name is Fuckboy. Your welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Rinkles posted:

Thinking of doing a fresh playthrough of New Vegas, if I can manage to do a clean install.

Don't remember, are any of the dlc comfortably doable right out of the gate?

Honest hearts maybe

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Spacedad posted:

Todd Howard said straight-up he wants the players to break the game as much as possible early after launch.

We're basically getting an early-access triple-A game here. If you know what you're getting into (like me) then go for it. Otherwise, you can always hold off until they patch the major problems.

For me I'm willing to put up with even game-breaking jank just to play a fallout bethesda game with pals.

I bought No Man's Sky on launch knowing what I was getting into

Being There When It Happens isn't worth it

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Spacedad posted:

If it turns out okay, then I paid $60 for a mediocre multiplayer adaption of a franchise using an engine that was long in the teeth.

this isn't an upside

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fallout 76 looks like bad game, and Yong Yea still sucks

War never changes

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

pipboy and prejudice

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Tei posted:

You can levelup to max level just filtering water in a base next to a forest and a river.

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/1062779220781400065

real engaging gameplay in this one

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Songbearer posted:

Drop a nuke and Bethesda yet again tricks you into playing Skyrim. Can you kill the dragons?!

They had a dragon in that tone-deaf live action trailer everyone lost their minds over, it was only a matter of time before it would be in the game

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Nichael posted:

As much of a trainwreck as this game is, I think they did really well with the soundtrack. Inon Zur is very talented, and the Copilot cover is great.

The Copilot cover starts with the opening notes of The Ink Spots’ “Maybe” instead of whatever John Denver did

I feel pandered to

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Leopards eating pipboy’s face

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The Scorchbeast Letter

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

revwinnebago posted:

In 3/NV I wasn't so burnt out on hearing (song) for the zillionth time so I had no idea.

The roads are the dustiest
The winds are the gustiest
The gates are the rustiest
The pies are the crustiest
The guns are the zippiest
The boys are the pippiest

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

mormonpartyboat posted:

See the PIP BOY of enormous girth!
On his wrist he holds the earth.

His patches are slow, but always kind.
He holds us all within his canvas bag.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

BillyC posted:

$30 to get clean, forward flying dragonbats in the atom store, coming soon!

give me those clean-faced dragon bats mighty pipboy

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

the sunk cost falloutcy

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

As Nero Danced posted:

I'm just glad they wasted their appalachian (mis)adventure in west virginia instead of NC. Asheville's name is perfect for an apocalypse, and there's a Black Mountain too for Tabitha to come back to the airwaves from. There was also a post-apocalypse book based in Black Mountain where a high-altitude burst knocked the US back into the 19th century, then a raider army of cannibal ex-cons attacked the town, so they could work that in. They could have had some doomsday cult evangelist living out of Billy Graham's old place trying to kick off the rapture for real.

They would never reference New Vegas in this game

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Pause you who read this meaningless computer log, and think for a moment of the long chain of bottlecaps or gold, of pipboys or atoms, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable Reclamation day.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

This Pipboy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this Pipboy, for on his brow I see that written which is Scorched, unless the writing be erased.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

mormonpartyboat posted:

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the Pip Boy. War never changes. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.

This remains my favorite type of post in this thread, ty

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

T-69 pip-boy checkin in

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

BillyC posted:

Fallout General & 76: Hopefully Bethesda can have nuclear warfare back online

I love this ty

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

CharlestonJew posted:

allow me to point you towards a certain song on the game's soundtrack

Which song is this I haven’t bought the game or watched streams past launch week

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I played F2 for the first time in a few years and tried a Louisville Slugger-only build for the first time, it ruled

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Paul Zuvella posted:

If there is one thing the coverage of all this fallout 76 stuff has taught me it is that Yong Yea loving sucks

my man

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

idk what gaming "news" sewer pipe you suck from...

So is the game good or

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

NofrikinfuN posted:

I don't know about that, there were a lot of empty wasteland squares on those grids. As long as you added some random content in between the key areas, it could probably work. It would definitely feel smaller, though.

hell yea like radiant quests my favorite

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

heeheex2 posted:

loving. Shut. Up.

I can't watch any of my gaming related YouTube channels without cringing because everyone has to include some kind of memey dig at 76.

I can't visit my regular gaming related subreddits because "lolol this is what would happen if Bethesda designed this scene/game/world".

My coworkers talk poo poo about 76 when discussing other games entirely.

Every other god drat article I scroll by when looking for gaming news is "Why Fallout 76 is a Bad Game".

EVERY top ten worst games list has Fallout 76 at the top, along with a diatribe that just says it's a bad game without going into why it's a bad game, even if other games on the list were objectively worse.

It's exhausting. Even with the problems it had at launch, even with the weird anti consumer BS Bethesda shat out with the canvas bags, even the most rattled person alive has to see how exhausting this is.

And it's not exhausting just because hating the game has become a meme. You could argue that every bad game gets some kind of meme around it.

But holy gently caress, guys. I went and looked. Even No Man's Sky didn't get this much obnoxious noise. Most bad games get a "wtf is this they could have done better" and then everyone fucks off to play better games. Nope. People seem obsessed with making "why 76 sucks" videos and buying a game they KNOW they won't like just to get a spot in the echo chamber.

Being angry about a game's state is one thing. But when the devs are actively making changes, are listening to our feedback, and are giving updates (yes, after we made noise, I admit), why are we still going as far as running into other subreddits for unrelated games to try and gather together a mob?

We get it. The game was not released in the best state. It was released far too early, was not tested the way it should have been, and yes, we deserve better for our $60/$30/$0 we spent for it. And yes, the canvas thing was asinine.

I'm sorry for the high and mighty soapbox rant, but this poo poo is what I wake up to when I went to check the news or to see any videos I missed, like I always do. I've unsubbed from a lot of things, but even then, I can't really escape it. Why are we bitching about 76 in Red Dead Redemption subreddits? You think RDR2 did better? GO PLAY THAT. WHY THE drat HELL ELSE ARE YOU HERE.

I just want to see one video where Bethesda is actually being acknowledged for making changes to the game. ONE. Because everyone is acting like the game is in the exact same state it was on the day of launch and it's almost maddening.

Just stop with the cringey videos and clickbait and inserting this poo poo into conversations it doesn't belong in. I'm one of the most cynical pieces of poo poo alive, but even I need a breather loving once in awhile.

It's really cruel of you to not source this quote

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Psychotic Weasel posted:

The same place every other terrible thing on the internet comes from these days:
https://old.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/adj6hx/rant_the_fallout_76_hate_train_is_actually_worse/

A community of people so terrible even the normal Fallout subreddet forced them out into their own little internet refugee camp.

thankfully i had seen this, i just thought it was a mean trick to play in a very serious thread!!!!!!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Dirty pip, that you can't stop
I know you like this dirty pip
This must be, pip

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

ebay listings for fallout 76 two shot items

pipBay

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

There is always more
https://www.pcgamer.com/twitter-rea...uffer_pcgamerfb

https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1088179616358064131

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Also read the replies to the tweet.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It's always bugged me that the bobby pins broke after three unsuccessful picks, no more no less no matter what

Dying Light basically uses the exact same system but added a little variance to the lifespan of your lockpick

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

ASenileAnimal posted:

that game was so much fun i was amazed that the same people who made dead island made it. its like they learned from their mistakes and ditched all the lovely things from the previous game. gently caress that dune buggy dlc though

i'm playing it for the first time currently with a couple of friends, it's wonderful

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

it keeps hackin and whackin and smackin

pippin that meat

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Meat Wagon posted:

Where's the pipboy backpack? Where's pipboy wearing a backpack? Where's pipboy?

lost

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Another settlement needs your help General

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fawf posted:

to be fair what is a guaranteed drop in a bethesda game

player concurrency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Crabtree posted:

Todd's new decree is that its not the game that you release, its what it becomes "eventually". "We don't release high metacritic games, New Vegas."

according to the publisher 84 was not high enough so that checks out :(