Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Papercut posted:

I just remembered OJ Mayo. What is going on with OJ Mayo?

He never could decide whether to be a condiment or a breakfast drink when he grew up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Doltos posted:

Ron Baker's season in a nut shell

Future NBA coach right there calling it now.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ghost Dog posted:

hes also an mvp thief which isnt a respectable vocation either

Steals are a valuable statistic

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Tae posted:

25k for a unicycle??

I agree Real estate in the Bay Area is outrageous

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

big news

svedish :chef: posted:

Lauri Markkasesta tuli isä.
Seiska-lehden tietojen mukaan Lauri Markkanen ja hänen vaimonsa Verna Aho saivat tiistaina poikavauvan. Markkanen ei ollut mukana, kun hänen edustamansa Chicago Bulls kohtasi vieraskentällä Portland Trail Blazersin keskiviikkona NBA-koripalloliigassa. Markkaselta on jäänyt viime aikoina väliin myös harjoituksia henkilökohtaisten syiden takia, ja niille saatiin vauvauutisen myötä selitys.

haha yeah you can't make that stuff up

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Zogo posted:

Who is the TOUGHEST former/current NBA player? Maybe a future poll question.
Who is the TOUGHEST former/current NBA N/V poster? Maybe a future poll question.

I wonder how many more injuries are needed before CP3 gets into the 2018 ASG.

I saw Shaq fight a few times and wasn't impressed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8UbXkFawI

If you put him in a ring he's going to make a very large crash noise as he falls to the floor.

You ever see Shaq in Conan the Barbarian? The answer is always Wilt.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Griffin: (just popping in for a set at The Store) Hey, you know how a lot of basketball players wear numbers like 5 or 16? Well I do something a little differently. (Takes off blazer to reveal a number 27,000,000 jersey). But that's just me. Am I right, fellas?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

D-Rose is like "Hey man, we all gently caress up. Even me. Haha, not really, but seriously"

edit- If he'd done a psych like Neymar and pulled his hand away, IT would have just vanished into a puff of smoke.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Zogo posted:

Wilt was in Conan the Destroyer though.

My point exactly. Wilt, Andre the Giant, Ahnold roll into any drat bar they want to. Drinks on the House. The only Conan Shaq will ever be in is Late Night Conan rolling with Charles Barkley. And I mean rolling.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ghost Dog posted:

cool buff man? more like clam buffoon

Shouldn't you be in class?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ghost Dog posted:

shouldnt you eat my rear end

"You ain't got enough rear end in yore britches" is a real thing I heard a big old boy say one time when he was ready to go to fists. He'd been a hot Cardinals pitching prospect back in the day until he went up to St. Louis for a tryout and promptly threw his arm out. Came back home and went to work in the construction biz, made a few mil, tripled it in oil, lost all that when it went bust.

Aren't you glad you assed

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

scuz posted:

https://twitter.com/CavsNationNet/status/960582770044100608

Read that and thought "No, he just got Griffin on his team" and then remembered that DeAndre Jordan is not Andre Drummond :buddy:

Their problems started when they shopped Kyrie around and it and LeBron's attitude got back to him. Not that losing those guys would really be the same.

Cleveland has a Brooklyn 1st, is that right? That's more in the neighborhood.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I felt it was time to move on after I got punched in the face so hard that my beard rotated around and ended up on the back ofmy neck and everyone in the oorganization pretended to punch me before doing a hair smooth

lol

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Athanatos posted:

If Lance hits his first shot and his first behind the back pass the Pacers will win.

You need to parlay that.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

chunkles posted:

James Harden and Chris Paul engaging in the third most dangerous possible activity for a basketball player (behind moped driving and night tennis)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeycA3IBBPL/?taken-by=nbaonespn

He's a lefty like me and no finesse, just a straight hammer to the pocket.

edit- I can hear you thinking Fred Flintstone, ghost dog, go ahead and get the easy lols

Mr. Mambold fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 6, 2018

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

morestuff posted:

Apparently Charlotte is thinking of hiring Mitch Kupchak as their new GM. I have zero idea how good he'd be since the Lakers and Hornets jobs are basically polar opposites

Awright, who here is Michael Jordan's SomethingAwful post analyst that saw me ask Rick about Kupchak? Show yourself.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

scuz posted:

I'm unironically uneasy around King Cake Baby.

same. That guy creeps me out and I've seen a few in my day.

Metapod posted:

please god not another foye butler or fisher

What was the talk about Avery Bradley?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ghost Dog posted:

wall is right tho gortat only gets garbage rear end baskets

Gortat physically picked up Zaza and threw him down, breaking Durant. He has his uses.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

I wouldn't mind iso joe but that's more cause I love him than me believing he's still iso joe. I hope they bring perk in as a coach to teach dakari how to set illegal screens

It was just talk

Perk's useful time to become a coach was when they could have amnestied him and kept Jim Big Beard Harden on the payroll.

Who would Danny want for your homeboy Marcus? Wasn't someone tossing his name around?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Carlosologist posted:

lol what the gently caress is that, there's literally no contact

will be interesting to see if the reffing actually improves after the all-star break

Wet floor, home team responsibility.

....:krakken:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's a DS (Dwight Survivor) so he's twitchy and missing hair but he's more or less intact.

He's also got ptsd and easily triggered by loud farts, but otherwise he's a productive member of society

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hahaha.

*Marathon Man evil Nazi Laurence Olivier voice* Iss it zafe?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

*Thumbs through the Bible for quotes*

"How the tiny have fallen"

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Someone should photoshop that ball into Lakers colors or jersey but not me I don't do that sort of thing

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kibner posted:

Mardi Gras is about to really get going this weekend and I thought it would be a great time to start dressing for the season. :)

JEsus Christ Kibner! That thing is like Chucky!

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It's almost always golf and baseball.

Is there a Fultz whisperer in the House? I bet Kyrie could fix him.

and the forums are broken? Anybody else seeing just text?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Lonzo Ball is a loving tool

He's not the sharpest one in the drawer either. Can we petition Elon Musk to fire Lonzo and the K****s into the sun?

edit- it shows up blank for me, I've got a K*** filter haha

Metapod posted:

Ben Simmons is not an all star and isn't better than any of the players that are

He's got some very smooth moves, he's good.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Libertine posted:

Lebron and Durant are rightfully villified for their Miami / Golden State moves because they created anti-competitive environments in entire conferences.

The only reason to villify LeBron for that was that asinine Decision horseshit. He left the land of Comic Sans bitch memo. Durant molted into full bitch status by leaving OKC without having the balls to tell Russ or Collison beforehand. Just packed a cardboard suitcase and scrammed.

edit

AggressivelyStupid posted:

lebron didnt put money back into the pocket of a turbo capitalist tech bro piece of poo poo though

yeh

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Papercut posted:

LeBron was a Pat Riley enabler, which is even worse

*LeBron* Hail Satan®

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

JoeCL posted:

He cruelly murdered greatest all time Czech Tomas Satoransky. Now the Wizards are literally out of point guards and will have to sign *checks notes* Derrick Rose? Goddammit.

lol. *Scott Brooks looks at notes* "Ah, let's see what Derek's up to"

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also Bobby Portis looks crazy and has a history of dangerously violent headshots

Even when he's smiling- or maybe especially when he's smiling you get the uh-ohs Arkansas bar brawl incoming.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Elrobot posted:

Albrecht Dürer x Mickey Mouse

If so, that would be the classiest coolest thing about him by far

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

euphronius posted:

When love comes back will they do

Hill - jr - lebron - love - TT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EZN9Tt9Yg&t=221s

pubic works project posted:

Well he does have a face only a mother could love....

I think not, no woman in her right mind anyway

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dexo posted:

I remember a dude getting poo poo at when he took full on charges and tried to call offensive fouls in a pickup game. A dude calling 3 seconds would get laughed off the court

I remember one of my best friends doing a drawn out 2-step to the basket for a layup 50 years ago in after-school pickup games, and we'd get so damned mad. They call it Eurostep today. His dad was clever in the same sort of way. They became oil multi-millionaires.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

G-Hawk posted:

jimbo had a step back attempt go awry. 5 lashes.

The fatal hesi stepback jimbo

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Bosh and Vince to Raptors please

That would be kinda poetic for Bosh to finish, erm, his career with Toronto.

Dude has your frogav always messed with his bowtie and I'm just now seeing it?

edit- but he'd be welcome with his old banana boat pal Melo in OKC too. And limited minutes!

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

This is a stupid take tweet, friend.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

patonthebach posted:

Its rap lyrics. I don't think DeMar is having his bell lets talk #mentalhealth moment.

Probably both. He's not just honking out some rap lyrics for the beat.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Goddamn Vivek looks like Hitler

Looks more like a pedo who'd love to groom strapping young men if he was a billionaire

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Well who doesn't enjoy honking out rap lyrics from time to time

Me. They're garbage. Try some Shakespeare rear end in a top hat

jus kiddn' but not really kiddn' about Shakespeare

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Crazy Ted posted:

What if I told you that a long time ago in a non-parallel universe she and Keith Olbermann were actually in a brief relationship?

What if I told you Keith Olbermann turned gay right after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

BWV posted:

JJ Reddick needs to sit down with Stephon Marbury and Yao before Sino-American relationships are tainted forever.

JJ works it out where Yao fires him from a massive T-shirt gun into a bowl of ramen. Crisis averted.

edit- a tiny, Chinese bowl of ramen

• Locked thread