Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I've had entire groups trying to kill one hook rat that shows up on PCP or someshit because motherfuckers just do not go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I like the Elf and her voice lines, ye lumberfoots.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

It's just that the lines she was given are annoying almost without fail.

Nah.

Backhand posted:

My personal favorite is when she activates her special and just screams, "LUMBERFOOTS!" Like an angry teenager screaming racial slurs over Xbox Live. And she's so drat happy about it, like she just said something incredibly clever.

It's like she knows how much everyone hates that she says it so often, so of course she shouts it when she fires her ultimate.

When she hits em with the truth arrows, that's great too.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 3, 2018

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

T-T-TEN CHAOS WARRIORS??!

:stonklol:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

is this game fun

Nah, this is a 141 page thread on a completely unfun game that is a sequel to an amazingly fun rat killing simulator. Only now there's also bloodbowl players in it to kill. So if that sounds fun, I'm sorry because it's not.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

No but what if there was a stadium DLC map?

Lumberfoots! Can't ye see t'end zone is over here?!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Node posted:

I've had no good games on Champion tonight. Five hours of playing and I have a merchant's and two soldiers to show for it. Every group has done stupid poo poo to wipe the party, or ignores tomes and grimoires altogether. Would going up to Legend give me competent groups?

Not with that attitude. :colbert:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If only there was some way for us all to find out how weapons and abilities work...like some kind of forum where we all share knowledge.

Don't get your goon panties in a bunch, I'm just joking around. There's no such thing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo those winged double axes make me want to play Slayer until the RNG god deems me worthy of having anything close to that cool looking.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dicking around with a friend and leveling my Sienna so we were playing on recruit + two pubbies.

We get dealt Into The Nest.

Right at the entrance stairway the director throws Plague Monks at us.

At the first large bridge near the grim the director, clearly angry that we got past his Monks decides to squeeze us between a Ratling and Sneak Rat on the side we came through and a Bile Troll + ambush on the other.

Troll knocks everyone off the bridge one by one. It was so harsh it became funny to watch.

I've run veterat games on Into the Nest that were easier than this recruit run.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I just found out I can get overhead smashes on command by block canceling with Sienna's Sauron Mace and it's become my new favorite weapon. Not only does it stove heads in, it sets mice on fire while doing it. Thanks goons!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pardon my use of caps lock here but:

*ahem*

WHY DO PUBBIES ALWAYS WANT TO GET BOTH loving GRIMS ON BOSS LEVELS??!?!!! :bang:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

get both grims you baby

Oh we do! Then Burblespew Cumberbatch or Mega Rat demolish the team and we wipe. :colbert:

Enjoy posted:

To test their power

Ya know, it's probably because of those traits that like, Krillian or Saltz have that buff them when there's a grimoire in the teams possession. gently caress those traits.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya, I've been playing Kerillian with all the things bad aelfs do in mind, so that I also don't play as a bad woodland arrow aelf and lo and behold, games aren't as terrible.

Somewhat related, is 30 the level cap? Kerillian is my first 30 and the XP bar keeps filling but it's headed straight to.. level 30 again. So I'm guessing, yes?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

terrorist ambulance posted:

What do people use for IB. I use axe and shield which is survivable and fun and hilarious for manfighting chaos warriors but I feel like it doesnt kill much or help much on bosses

I'm using Axe and Shield too, mostly because I got a fancy illusion on mine and it looks real baller and because it seems to deal with armored rats and chaos warriors just fine. It's not the best horde killer but the it knocks plenty of mice and men away with the shield shove and has stamina for days so it serves me well for the tank role I'm trying to fill.

I used to use the fireball guns with heat buildup reduction for mobs until I unlocked a flamethrower which does more damage and kind of feels better at melting ratmen and rotmen.

When it comes to bosses I do my part by popping my ultimate, distracting the boss with the level 20 trait that makes them pay attention to you on its activation and walling myself up when I can't dodge out of the way anymore.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 16, 2018

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh wow, so they attack you like Raptors.

Clever rats.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Whats with the bug where the one Skaven who's already dead somewhere won't shut up?

At first I started to appreciate how the voice actor for that death rattle obviously went all out but now everytime it happens it drives me nuts.

Especially when sometimes you're the only one who can hear it. Like the rat is haunting your mind and your mind only.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh ya, it's just great. Nothing like having someone's impression of a crying Gollum in your ear for minutes on end while you're trying to berate a Dwarf who's compensating for his short legs by bolting ahead of everyone.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

I had a wonderful experience yesterday that began as a terrible experience.

I QP into a Champ game of Against the Grain. At the beginning of the level, the handmaiden writes "Dont die" in chat, and has nearly run out of frame by the time I can see our characters. I quickly mash F2 to catch up to him, but this elf is absolutely TEARING rear end through the cornfield already. We tried our very best to keep up but we could not outspeed the mobs (and he could). He leaves the rest of us with a horde and many specials to deal with as he bolts over the wall, through the barn and out into the orchard. We complained as we were torn apart, and i almost left then. But I clearly had so much to learn from this speedrunning elf, who was whirling around, weaving back-and-side dodges like i've never seen before. I was glued to my screen.

At one point the elf catches up to me tied up in the orchard, starts picking me up, and dashes away, leaving a humongous horde in his wake which crushed me unceremoniously almost the instant I awoke. I could only laugh and keep watching. Hunter Kruber, meanwhile, had just gone rogue, stealthing himself away from everyone and somehow keeping himself alive through force of will (and purple drink) alone.

The handmaiden caught up to me again behind the barn, rezzed me, and this time I did my best to emulate his backdodge dance. I managed to dance my way over to the caravan and res saltzpyre before the horde (and patrol and rat ogre) overcame us. The elf laughed and continued on into the farm.

The third time he picked me up I managed to actually keep up with him until the end of the level (and went back for kruber, who had by this time made it to the sawmill). He was clearly impressed by our plucky spirit or somesuch, because he invited Kruber and I to Legend, where he spent the next few rounds teaching us how to speedrun. I didn't get any reds, but I had a blast and learned a lot. It's funny how life can surprise you.

My personal highlight of the evening was dodging seven consecutive leech attacks as I barreled through the orchard as fast as my runty little dwarf legs would carry me

Good times

This strikes me as an utterly unfun and contemptuous way to play, but pass on what you learned here.

How does one become the absolute worst teammate in a champion and legend game possible?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I thought the AI director actively tries to gently caress you if you attempt to speedrun and not try to gently caress the players being left in the dust.

Also, how does a speedrunner even succeed? Do they just get to the portal bubble and wait until everyone else dies?

poo poo should fail if you don't get all four out like the PVE event in Overwatch fails everyone if even one of you doesn't get to the drop ship at the end.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

This is really stupid and your vindictiveness is starting to show.

My vidictiveness towards speedrunners is showing? Oh heaven forbid.

And not letting them portal out without the other three members of their team is a stupid idea. So I'm talking to a speedrunner, right?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Uh, I'm not even really directing any of this speedrunner vitriol at anyone here so I'm not sure why you're worried about my blood pressure.

Sure, we could all just quit out of games involving a speedrunner but that's not really fixing the problem. :shrug:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Man, I just got caught up on the past few pages but goddamn you guys do a lot of hating on the End Times.

poo poo like the End Times is why we have Ratwaves 1 and Ratwaves 2!

Sure it was the precursor to the Age of Sigmarines but other than that, compared to most fantasy settings most of it loving ruled.

I mean they blew up (one of) the mooooooon(s)!!!

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 20, 2018

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

shut up zigmidge

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Node posted:

Is there anything I need to know about jumping up to Legend difficulty? I'm playing as Kruber. I'm finding Champion not to be too difficult anymore, although I can still die in it from getting poked too much or not reading a stormvermin/mauler attack and getting half my health chunked away.

You must have Ronalds blessing to be graced with such consistently competent pubbies in Champion games. Half the difficulty is working with 3 total strangers with FF on in the midst of a post patch ranged meta while simultaneously contending with speed and grim runners. That or you probably have a good mice-stomping posse.

My vidictiveness is showing, I'm sure.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Arghy posted:

I think i'm going to wait for the improved bot mod before i try to level up my other chars because veteran just sucks too much with pubs. Legit, a lv30, lv20, lv19 and me lv17 on against the grain. I join right at the first tome and luckily grab it thinking huh odd they completely passed it up. I ask if they wanna grab the first grim or fight the boss, someone responds fight the boss so we fight the boss. I ping the tome then tell them i'm grabbing the windmill grim to which they all stop climbing the ladder in the barn and ask what a grim is hahaha. I show them where all the tomes and grims are then explain that they give better loot at the end of the level.

They were all down to get the grims/tomes so it wasn't that they knew about them and didn't want to get them they just literally didn't even know about them.

30 entire levels and not once did that guy wonder what those books were at the reward screen. Not even once.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh gently caress. I decided to join the rest of the modem world and install Windows 10 and now when I run Ratwave 2 it randomly freezes and locks up my entire computer forcing me to power it off and back on.

It does it every time but sometimes it's right away, others it's before a mission starts, other times it's right before the reward screens.

What the poo poo. I just wanna stomp micemen and rotmen, FatShark.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Agrajag posted:

have they said when dedicated servers are coming?

Is this actually a thing they're planning? Are there dedicated servers in Ratwave 1?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm starting to figure out that maybe my Longbow isn't very strong if it's taking me more than 2 non Crit non head shots to kill elites as a level 30 aelf Weightwatcher.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Who or loving what?

Gonna guess Cassie is their pet name for the Spawn of Chaos.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Magitek posted:

Only for the Waywatcher, I believe. While charging your bow shot hit the extra attack key (I forget what the default is... whatever triggers Saltz's rapier pistol shot) and it toggles between 3 zoom levels.

Holy loving poo poo I didn't know this was a thing Weightwatcher could do! That's awesome.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Digirat posted:

I love when she does this

Keep screaming fake racial slurs dumbshit, I’ll be right over...when I feel like it :allears:

Mayfly is a racial slur now?

You loving sensitive lumberfoots.

Also, this

edgar_ posted:

If you can't handle me at my gentle ribbing, you don't deserve me at my sniping-gasrats-before-you-knew-they-existed

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Mace. Swing through hordes, crush Chaos Warriors in like two, three shots.

It even lights poo poo on fire that you smash with it, darlings.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It kind of sucks how much coordination dwarf needs to use either of his drake fire weapons on champion or legendary. A lot more than pubs are accustomed to. Both work great at crowd control if people aren't going to be right infront of you.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fatshark posted:

Stability

Fixed a rare deadlock crash at boot that would occur on some PC configurations

:woop:

Fingers crossed this works for me. This game has deadlocked me one to many times.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fishstick posted:

Counterpoint :one of the flail illusions is a golden fist on a chain.

:captainpop:

By Taal...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

*Aelves

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Vyrmyntyde 3: Realmgate Wars

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's very satisfying on veteran to charge up your heat buildup reduction drakefire thrower when you hear a horde coming and just melt an entire wave of raki and umgi while your hp bar maxes out from temp health.

On champion it's nearly impossible because everyone clamors to get infront of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bardin feels like he trucks along at just his normal run speed while he's charging his rat burner.

Like I never visibly lag behind the team when I'm moving with them when I have RMB held down.