Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

Sure, you could pay a mathmagician to cook up the perfect slide or you could test drive it yourself and now you know how many feet you gotta move the pool to do a perfect landing, for free.

I'm not sure that landing in a kiddie pool with a foot of water in it would have made much of a difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ride The Gravitron posted:

This is past arming the teachers. They're training the hugs to take down the next school shooter.

It's reasonable. I've certainly found myself disarmed by an unexpected hug.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kare11/status/976842476584652804?s=21

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

Oh, wait, I think I get it now. Do you mean it returns to neutral before you even make your turn? Like, you can push the handle, but once you're not pushing it, it returns to center and the signal stays on until the end of your turns?

Otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about.

If it's what I have, you just push it a little bit so it doesn't click in place and instead it just flashes three times, for changing lanes. For actual turns you push it all the way where it stays on until you've completed a turn.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
But it got funny again when she tased (ok stun gunned) him in the face

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Says he was doing it to impress his friend but I bet he was actually making a "Your mom" joke

edit: Dammit.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SiKboy posted:

If it was me the silence of the engine would be entirely masked in the video with "FUCKOHFUCKFUCKFUCKOHFUUUUUUUCK".

On a GoPro, no one can hear you poop your pants.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

I don't know if the dirt under him's too loose or what, but it's fascinating that he basically just does not accelerate at all in straightaway leading to the jump. It's hard to tell if he's even trying at all.

I thought it looked like he slowed down a bit even. Maybe he lost his nerve?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In his defense, if he had landed a foot further back, then he would have had lots of real pull-ups in his future.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fionas are always crazy. Always.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The “mix it shake it shoot it” is Tannerite, a legal explosive useful for long range shooting that only detonates with high caliber weapons (or blasting caps, I suppose).

Also used by guys who want to fill an old car with it and blow their leg clean off.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you're a dashcam aficionado but you're sick of compilations that are padded out with near misses or traffic rules faux pas or old clips you've already seen then give this channel a go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Oxbc60RqY&t=12s

It's all crashes all the time! Their compilations are usually 11 to 15 minutes long and I just watched a bunch and didn't spot a single clip I'd already seen anywhere else.

One warning though: some of their clips are pretty gnarly, there were a few compilations I decided not to post here because there were some really bad crashes where people probably died or horses ran into the street and got knocked down or similar.

Big fan of the way the cops arrived on the scene of the crash starting at 3:06. That's style.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Garrand posted:

Those things don't come off under the weight of a jersey. I've busted my head on those things, they are loving solid. Something else happened, although I can see why you might not have all the correct details for that part.

If he hung the jersey not on the metal sprinkler head but on the bit of wax holding the plug in that would definitely do it. Those things just have a little wax or plastic piece or something that melts at certain temp, releasing a plug and allowing the water that’s been festering in the pipe for years to come out.

Most people here probably know this but it’s not like the movies where they all turn on at the same time. That’s not even possible. They all have color coded slugs designed to melt and release the plug at a given temp. Ones in kitchen are normally higher temp than bedroom heads, etc.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OutOfPrint posted:

Man, that goes on for an embarrassingly long time. I wonder if his thought process was, "Well, I know this is too big to fit through this window, but they're all laughing at me in there, so I can't just walk away from this without getting something."

I don't get why they don't start swinging at the guys arm with *something*. Bound to be a hammer or a broom or something they can use to discourage the guy. poo poo, pour hot coffee on him. That'd be funny.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hard to judge that one, no shoes to begin with.

he was dead the whole time

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Am I the only one who can't watch these without yelling "PARKOUR!" every time they make a jump?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gynocentric Regime posted:

I love all the news people calling this unprecedented, I was there for Kalapana Gardens where it was literally the same thing. It's the Big Island, it's not like it's entirely unexpected.

How can it be at all unexpected when you live on a volcano?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Keep your head on a swivel, my man.

Also, he lost one shoe. Ima call him Lil Half Dead.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

At least with bison you can rationalize it as "they are just big cows, i petted cows as a kid"

Cheetahs are just big ol kitties. Which is probably why they didn't get eaten.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Not Operator posted:

How do you measure a win in Olympic level competition ? Speed, quantity, or a panel of judges?

Probably like Olympic moguls, combination of speed and skill.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was the mercedes jumping the light there? it looks like the fan would have been going through on a very orange yellow, but it still shouldn't have been green the other way yet I don't think.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How did drinking a beer make him pass out? Did she reverse Cosby him?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sestze posted:

Posted in the Internet Culture Warriors who Self Own thread in GBS:

https://twitter.com/PileOfCigAsh/status/998210970085404672

So here's the full video. Seems really fake, but I can't put my finger on why exactly. I don't think the McDonald's people were in on it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F51USBiNzd0

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I defy you to find a parent who hasn't wanted to do that at some point

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

That's mighty big of them, but then again she's probably not gonna get another shot, and 10% of nothing ain't much.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Araenna posted:

I get spam that is like "Dear Scam Victim this is the Fbi we are working on your case for being scammed in email from africa" or some poo poo. Targeted right at people who they know have already fallen for these scams.

Wait are you saying you’ve fallen for these before

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zipperelli. posted:

This woman has the most severe resting bitch face I've seen in a hot minute. Also, she has the smug look of an entitled rear end in a top hat. These ideas are solidified by her reaction to the water - instead of laughing it off and whatever, you can clearly tell what she's saying by reading her lips, and boy is she upset.

Get over yourself. Laugh it off. Stop being so uptight.

lol what

She got water up her nose I think. That's unpleasant.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tell us about your mother

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Those are some of the worst punches I've ever seen. Nice of the other guy to show him how to throw a proper haymaker though.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

You get pink eye, and you get pink eye, and you get pink eye...

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The schadenfreude is her gas tank is on the other side.

https://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/1010151081878392836

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Allegedly Allergic posted:

I need sound for this one, badly.

Seconded. Pretty sure he would have made it without the steel beam too. Bummer.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Transmogrifier posted:

Apparently Roseanne Barr is not happy about no longer being in television.

Yeah, I think we can all remember when we were up at 2AM on Memorial weekend, strung out on ambien making a bunch of racist tweets. Helluva time right fellas?

It’s true. Hitler wrote Mein Kampf on a Memorial Day weekend Ambien bender.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

I think this may be the craziest resisting arrest video I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5-7b2sIv54

That initial cop was crazy patient.

The one that showed up and started shooting at a moving vehicle filled with kids? Not so much.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why can't creepy weirdos go back to falling in love with strippers instead of Twitch streamers? I at least understand falling in love with strippers because they put their naked boobies in your face.

That was my first thought, it seems exactly like my buddy who's always giving his money away to strippers and then hurt when it turns out they don't actually love him and maybe, just maybe, the nice things they were saying to him was because he was shoving hundred dollar bills in their panties.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

...do I want to know?

Edit: It's like a shivers down the spine feeling? And people stream it?

I think it's girls with lots of cleavage talking softly and making weird noises. Honestly, given some of the stuff folks are jerking it to on the internet, it hardly rates as weird.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It sucks that it's the mechanic saying sorry over and over when the cops were dicks.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nonvalueadded User posted:

That guy’s just showboating after the goal, right?

I’m not missing any sort of special metric football rule like he can’t pick it up with his hands after the goal because that invalidates the goal, or the kickoff will have to be 10 meters closer to his team’s goal (or whatever the number is), am I?

No, a lot of times you see a guy kick it back into the net for extra emphasis or something, but AFAIK there's no reason for it, it's just the soccer equivalent of spiking the football.

https://imgur.com/a/D8OEr2O

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Besesoth posted:

It's on us. The DHS had an uncomfortably-familiar fourteen-word headline in February: We Must Secure The Border And Build The Wall To Make America Safe Again

Don’t forget the arbitrary use of 88 as a statistical baseline in the next to last bullet point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Uh. Is he dead?