Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

What could be more appropriate than a sheepdog

A maremma is absolutely a working dog, for the record.

As PI can repeatedly and strenuously attest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The woman recording this is the hero we need.

“Do it for the boys!!”

The Virgin Proud Boy vs the Chad...Mom?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I don't think I could go vehicular, I love my horse and mule and the noises they make

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

That Works posted:

You'd think the cops would enjoy another excuse to freely establish probable cause.

Or to kill dogs, for that matter.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

Adult Swim just confirmed they've contracted for 70 new episodes of Rick & Morty, not sure if any other show has ever been guaranteed pickup that far in advance

drat, they're really going to have to pace themselves to make those last a hundred years, Rick and Morty, all day long forever, forever and ever, Rick and Morty a hundred years, every minute Rick and Morty dot com.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

DoktorLoken posted:

Also USAA doesn't seem to charge withdrawal fees or stiff you on the exchange rate when you pull cash from a Geldautomat.

I've yet to find a country they don't refund ATM withdrawals fees in. A+ would be born to a former serviceman again.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

psydude posted:

I'm surprised Germans still use cash, since it's so incredibly inefficient.

Privacy.

Also, as with the poo poo-shelves on their toilets, they like to directly see their money when it leaves their possession.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It's a Chris Rock bit. "I'd loving kill you...if I could afford it!"

E: bullet taxes I mean

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 19, 2018

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

psydude posted:

IIRC, Cambridge Analytica wasn't actually an advertiser. They created an application that let you take a quiz, which then scooped your information off of your profile page and sent it to them. This, in and of itself, was a violation of Facebook's TOS. They then went a step further and used that information to target political advertisements. If they have been doing overt work solely as a political advertiser, they wouldn't have been given access to the same level of information.

My understanding is that they didn't violate the ToS, and they also took the profile information of all friends of all users who filled out the quiz, which was just something you could do with Facebook's dev platform, though not anymore.

The feeb is hysterically irresponsible, even by corporate standards. My personal pie in the sky solution is publicly funded research to establish a standard for interoperable social network services, same as exists for email now. Yes, gmail shows you ads and reads everything you type, but you can switch to a provider that isn't ad-funded, or even run your own if you really, really care.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

https://twitter.com/cmarinucci/status/1001662914799984640

Of course this has been the unofficial state of affairs for a while now; a lot of our Democrats are Republican-except-I-guess-I-don't-really-hate-immigrants-that-much-and-I-want-to-have-a-chance-at-being-electeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

How the gently caress does pretending to be killed catch the killer? :psyduck:

You watch everyone closely during the announcement to see who fist-pumps or high-fives.

• Locked thread