Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok let's do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sorry guys, it just happened to be a very inconvenient time for the game to start because I was gone all weekend. I am here now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapnAndy posted:

While we wait for PMush to tell us what he drew, my current plan is to nominate kumba as Chancellor because he's far back in the Presidency cycle and I like this picture.

This seems like as good of an idea as any currently.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sorry I know I'm being lurky just trying to wrap my head around the way this game plays out.

I agree with TMM about kumba.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote yes

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

kumba posted:

since when have you ever hesitated just posting whatever?? WHY SO RESERVED MR PIG??

whatever

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

Cpig too partially, but at least he voted today.

What? I said I agreed with you.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Alternately, if we want to place an investigation on a lynch pin president, aka someone who might be the nominee when we could be at 3 fascist policies, that would place the investigation a bit deeper, like the in grouping of RF, Kumba, AA, TMM, depending on how the cards go.

I feel like this is probably safer.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah. It is too early to say for sure, until we see more cards, but I'm a bit weirded out by Byers/Andy at this point. I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn they were both experienced players, and the strategies I've been reading up on while I'm waiting for people to post haven't jived with the way they played so far. For example, we had the talk about if you get two liberal policies as the pres, should you pass them both on, and this link: https://secrethitler.tartanllama.xyz/#strategy-overview seems to say that you should almost always pass the choice on to the chancellor, unless you are behind and it is near end game.

Also, their choice to vote no on the government at that point seems super fishy to me, since I know it would have prevented a liberal presidency at a time when there was not a serious danger from having a possibly bad TMM as chancellor.

Having said that, if anyone lied in those first two administrations at this point, it would have been to obscure additional liberal discards, which seems statistically unlikely. In Byers case it isn't even possible unless Pmush was also bad. And in Andy's case it would mean he had gotten 3 liberal policies in his draw, which is kinda crazy or that again, Kumba was also bad.

I'm putting this out there because it feels like no one is really doing this stuff at this point, and we probably should be?

lmao , like , even if you are an experienced player who reads up on all the latest strategies on the internet. When I play board games with my friends I never once looked on the internet to figure out all the top strats the pros are using.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, but obviously if someone is an experienced player they probably would have come to those opinions on their own right? Unless they just suck I guess.

Not necessarily. :shrug:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm not sure why people are so "lol what a tryhard" about people who read the rules linked in the OP.

we aren't?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

For what it's worth, what I've taken from this conversation thus far is I should probably be investigating RF. He seems like the closest to a consensus choice between the various possibilities.

If I was submitting right now, that is who it would be. Seems to hit the sweet spot of nearish president, potential lynch pin president, probably won't be the 2nd person with the investigation.

So feel free to continue to post and sway me off that choice if you have a stronger candidate.

RF is a good choice I think.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Welp. Rf is a fascist.

:siren:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

So we now know for sure that either KingB or RF is a fascist.

Yah, that is really good to know.

So who do we think is good for chancellor this go round?

Let us discuss.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

As for the Chancellor recommendations. I would suggest one of AA, kumba or me. AA hasn't been in government yet (neither has DB, but he's next up for President) and both kumba and I weren't given choices, so we should be able to get information from any of those choices.

I'm not sure I'd want to try either PMush or CapnAndy until after a reshuffle, but I think I trust PMush maybe a little bit more right now.

I am inclined to say AA or kumba

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I hadn't really considered byers, I suppose I would also be fine with that.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
rather do aa or kumba though.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am going to be gone/busy most of the day so I am going to go ahead and throw this out.

##nominate AA

##vote yes

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I got two fascist and a liberal and passed a fascist and a liberal.

AA bad guy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I mean, AA is lying. I understand if you want to believe him more than me.

I'll investigate whoever the consensus is.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
We shouldn't vote yes on any government that contains me or AA, and of course RF and KB.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
If KB is the consensus I will investigate him.

AA is bad tho. I don't think hitler, just fascist because why would hitler make this happen if they didn't have to?

I am worried it is fascists trying to pull out a quick victory if DB and/or RF are both fascist.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Lol you are so full of it.

ok

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am torn between investigating KB and Byers.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok :shrug: ##investigate KB

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

I honestly don't even care what Pig says his result is.

Yes its been noted like 8000 times. Thanks for the reminder.

KB is Liberal

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So who should we have dickyb nominate?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
RF, AA, Pmush and probably Capn I would say for the fascists with either pmush or capn as hitler.

##vote yes

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I will do a list too

Libs
Pig
Kb
Byers
Kumba
DB
TMM
Capn
Pmush
RF
AA
Fascist

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote no

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

I'd be ok with TMM today.

I'd be ok with a Byers or DB special election.

I agree with this with a slight leaning toward byers over db.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

At this point, I think KB/CPig are the ones telling the truth which means I think RF/AA are fascists.

I am in this camp

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Well, it's unfortunate because my views haven't changed so there isn't much to talk about. We just sort of keep talking about the same thing in circles.

but ##vote yes

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

The thread opinion changes. It's already changing on you and pig.

I'm sorry are we reading the same thread?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

A. KB is liberal. AA is fascist. RF is fascist, because a lib KB would have no reason to lie.

ftfy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

Interesting that you think that now, after earlier voting Yes.

Can you even change votes once you voted in this game?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

I really wish AA had not nominated so fast and been willing to talk. Like it's locked in no vote now because I don't think he can nominate someone else.

Hmm it's almost as if he's a fascist or something.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote no just lol if you vote yes on this.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote no

Tmm, I suggest KB as your nom. Pass a lib policy and we win, or pass a fas and special elect myself or cpig. If I'm special elected, I would nom Byers.

Cpig, who would you nominate if special elected?

Probably byers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

As I said, I will likely nominate Byers or possibly DB.

I am fine with this, We should only put in me and KB if there isn't a choice since we are both in doubt, but we should definitely be first over AA and RF because those are the only two I know for sure 100% are fascist.

• Locked thread