Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mordja posted:

Peep this poo poo:

Minimum requirements:
OS: Windows 7 64-bit | Windows 8 64-bit | Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 | AMD FX-6300
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 | AMD Radeon HD 7950
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 Compatible

Recommended requirements:
OS: Windows 7 64-bit | Windows 8 64-bit | Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K | AMD Ryzen 5 1400
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon RX 570
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 25 GB available space
Sound card: DirectX 11 Compatible

The recommended requirements are precisely the gaming PC I built in late 2011, and even still, it was a kinda-budget build. That's kinda crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

There was another flashback cutscene late into the DLC in which Master Willem also said, we're like one month from release, where da gently caress the Sekiro news at

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

JBP posted:

Is there some huge, huge spoiler or is it just game footage? I'm scared that there is something ebbing kept hidden that will diminish my enjoyment more than say accidentally seeing a boss or whatever.

EpicNameBro has a relationship with FromSoftware, so if he's making it a point to warn about spoilers, then it's probably something(s) you wouldn't want spoiled.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Imhotep posted:

https://youtu.be/AzsMkYXG7Xo New footage of the first area, looks more polished/less demo-y. The way the coins fly towards you kind of annoys me, I mean they’ve done that in like every Souls game, and Bloodborne I think, but it’s like, not a bunch of gold coins flying into the character.. but drat it looks dope, the eavesdropping system is basically what I assumed, but seeing a glimpse of what the plot is like thru gameplay mechanics makes me excited for how many cool little things people will discover.

noooo, dogs look like just as much of a pain in the rear end as ever

Man, I really love what they're doing with music in this game. Every encounter gets its own intensity which ebbs and flows based on how much poo poo you're in.

That linked video is pretty safe, spoiler-wise, but I think that's all I'll be watching til release! It was "enough"

Edit: video shows perhaps a relevant mini-boss starting at 4:25 but is pretty safe prior to that.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Whalley posted:

It's weirding me out how many reviews and stuff feel the need to go into detail as to how different Sekiro is because you level up from progressing via killing minibosses and the game's got action movements and skills like

yeah this is most action videogames that aren't souls? What am I missing that's causing all these videos and reviews to need to say it's so different

Probably because From really put themselves on the map with Demon's Souls & Dark Souls, and have rarely strayed from that pretty specific formula over the past decade.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ArgaWarga posted:

VG247: Activision won’t be sending out early Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice review copies.
https://www.vg247.com/2019/03/07/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-no-early-review-copies/

Apparently review codes aren't going out until release, which yeah From has earned enough good faith that I don't doubt it will be good, but it means I'm gonna wait longer because I'm going to force myself to wait for reviews.

Dammit Activision :sigh:

Good! (Since this extends to "YouTube influencers".) No "SEKIRO LAST BOSS OMG EMOJI" thumbnails on my feed 5 minutes after midnight.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Firstborn posted:

Based on Digital Foundry's video, seems Sekiro averages 45~ FPS in 1080p on PS4 Pro. :(

Their video footage resembled Dark Souls 3 on PS4 Pro a lot, but overall seemed to err closer to the 45+ FPS mark than DS3 did. I'll echo the sentiment that a 30FPS lock option would be a welcome addition, but with the unique aspect of being able to laterally & vertically ~*verticality*~ haul rear end with the grappling hook, maybe a higher-yet-unstable frame rate is actually preferable.

Overall, looks totally fine/good to me. Playing DS3 with an unlocked frame rate looked and felt better than playing it at 30(?)FPS on my old base PS4, but that's just me. I totally understand how/why some prefer a locked framerate. 30FPS has always felt just a touch too low for me in games such as this; cinematic feeling be damned. Zip lining a hundred yards from tree to tree at 60MPH may just feel too jarring at 30 FPS. TL;DR -- who cares.

Firstborn posted:

They aren't sure if there's an option for it.

Also, I've been playing BB recently on my Pro and it looks fine. :shrug: I was kind of hoping for a 4k From title, though. Especially if it's going to be the last one this gen, I kind of wanted it to go all out on the hardware.

I read that Boost Mode actually makes Bloodborne drop even more frames. I don't know the technicalities on why this happens, but it felt awful to me with Boost Mode enabled. Bloodborne just inherently has an issue with skipping frames no matter how it's played. I'd love to replay it, but it's murder on the eyes.

enojy fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 10, 2019

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cowcaster posted:

there was someone in here just a few days ago dismayed to discover the game doesn’t have a character generator

MotherFUCKER

MODS

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh god please no more Solaire poo poo please

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MZ posted:

Someone please warn us if the game gets into the wild early, it would be annoying to be spoiled on it a week before release.

It already has, for all intents and purposes. The local independent game shop that will forever not give a gently caress about breaking release dates posted a teaser a few days ago that they'll basically have it for sale this weekend/early next week. Tread lightly!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Frog Act posted:

Got some steambux for my birthday from a friend, suddenly this game I am pumped about but thought I’d only be able to afford in like a year is affordable, so I finally watched the trailers which I’ve been avoiding so I wouldn’t get too sad about missing out, and drat. It kind of reminds me more of Nioh than Dark Souls, and I’m gonna echo other posters and express a fear that without multiplayer summons I’ll never be able to beat it cus i 100% needed summons for a few bosses in DS3/DS/Nioh

I’m also really curious about the vertical mobility and how useful / common it will be or if it’s just gonna be a limited traversal thing in some areas. I really hope you can gently caress around with it and there aren’t like predetermined hook points

It also looks like the parry system isn’t just partying, but also like rapid fire magic multi parry abilities for use against fast or multiple enemies? And alternatives like turning into birds and a shadow or whatever?

Speaking as a mid roll sword and shield player who only beat DS/DS3 once with two handed swords I hope there’s room for my shittiness with parries, I had a really hard time with parrying and pulsing in Nioh and never finished it

I haven't watched a lot of footage, but the grappling points seem semi-static, like tree branches and roof ledges seem like very common points, but there are multiple spots you can hit for any given object (rather than infinite points.) Videos make it look like a reticle will auto-lock to the nearest grapple point.

Lots of emphasis on parrying, haven't seen a single shield (on the player character) in any videos. Wouldn't count on them being equipped in the game. No one can say just how precise the timing will necessitate, but I'm expecting it to be pretty similar to Nioh, perhaps a bit more lenient (judging Team Ninja vs. Fromsoftware history of timing in their games.)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bloodborne was a lot easier on the eyes for me before I watched the Digital Foundry analysis. Also helped that it was a great rear end game and I bought a PS4 just for it, so I didn't really give a poo poo. I didn't even mind the pre-patch minute-long loading times, I was so hyped. There weren't any Blighttown moments or Gutters, just a jittery looking game was all. I would've loved it if they had poo poo out a PS4 Pro patch.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

No Mods No Masters posted:

It’s the new activision side of the partnership trying to hedge their bets I would guess. There are some legitimate reasons to think this game might not score super well, and the core fromsoft diehards scarcely need the convincing, so why take the risk

I just thought they were switching gears in that aspect of promotion by instead inviting a number of press/influencers/fans to their HQ to play presumably a final build, and then allow them to publish their own impressions. I don't know a thing about the state of video game promotion these days, though; like Respawn spent a million dollars of their promotional budget to pay Ninja to stream Apex Legends for a day and that poo poo worked wonders.

Phrases like "the review embargo is (date of release)" used to get me skeptical, but in this game's case, I haven't seen anything to merit any concern.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

CJ posted:

Wait, they are replacing impartial reviews by paying "influencers" to play their game and give their "impressions"? The last game to do that was Fallout 76 and look how that turned out. That's ringing alarm bells.

Just a theory. They did pay to transport these people, but that's all I know as far as financial compensation goes. There very well may have been some (paid?) contractual agreement that these people only mention favorable aspects of the game, but I've read none of it cuz I'm goin in blind. I've basically limited my exposure to the game to this thread, and I've certainly not read/seen anything worrying yet.

Promoting video games is a strange business these days. I'd be more concerned if they had said the review embargo was 24-hours prior to release. That they simply aren't sending out review copies is of no concern to me in terms of the game possibly being bad.

enojy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 17, 2019

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ulio posted:

Gameplay reveal tomorrow and reviews out thursday hmm. I might just preorder but I feel bad preordering new games since I might not end up starting for a few months, I bought DMCV big fan of the series, installed it but have yet to start it...

Anyhow I do think this game is going to be safe to preorder, I have faith in Fromsoft 100%, the only problem would be if it runs like poo poo on PC or is poorly optimized but From have been getting better and better with their pc versions.

If you aren't dying to play it day zero, then I'd just wait it out and tackle your backlog. I love giving Fromsoft all the money, but their games do tend to drop in price somewhat quickly.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I just found something that really got me excited about stuff we might see in the game. Spoilering for possible spoiler hints from Miyazaki I guess.

Game Informer:

"With all the giant monsters and crazy creatures and stuff like that, are we going to see a mid-game Bloodborne plot twist where everything goes crazy and it’s a totally new game?

Miyazaki : Hypothetically speaking, if this was a Bloodborne interview, we wouldn’t go, “Hey, guess what happens in the second half.” But if you can think of the opening of the game as a more traditional Japanese ninja fantasy, then it’s not going to continue along that same exact track the whole way through. I think it’s safe to say that much and I think more would be a spoiler."

:gizz:

idk what happened but my hype levels for this game have gone insane the last few days to the point where I literally dreamed about it.

Casting my vote now: futuristic samurai robot vampire

Edit: on a bus

enojy fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 18, 2019

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Expect My Mom posted:

same!

and I've still never beaten dark souls!

You gotta remedy that before Friday, you just gotta. The last boss encounter of Dark Souls is easily my favorite memory in gaming the past decade. Just don't look up any tips or anything because that'll ruin the magic.

If you don't plan on it, at least don't miss the theme music. (Spoiler; boss name in title of video.)

enojy fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 18, 2019

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

lonter posted:

Where? I need spoilers ASAP

Gameplay trailer will go live here at 9 AM EST. Consider making a burner YouTube account (it makes you sign in due to age restrictions) if you don't want your YouTube feed to suddenly get chock full of inevitable Sekiro spoiler videos.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Gameplay reveal trailer is up, didn't seem too spoilery. May have shown a glimpse of an unknown boss or two, but there was no UI, so I don't even know if those were bosses. Biggest possible spoiler has to do with upgrading the prosthetic arm, and I'd hardly consider it a spoiler. Overall very good little hype piece!

Really just goes over what everyone knows so far -- brief intro on who you are and what you're doing in the story, you can grapple hook, you can use stealth, parrying, guard breaking, you can resurrect at a cost etc. So if you really don't want to see any footage of the game, skip it.

enojy fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 18, 2019

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Look Sir Droids posted:

Just remember, people like this also think DEX builds are for noobs.

What are you, a casul??? :snoop:

Cowcaster posted:

not to mention they changed the riposte noise to like, a creaky door opening? in dark souls 2. one of the worst things that game did

To me, the worst change was "people are getting through Dark Souls 1 too easily by circling around and backstabbing all the enemies! Let's make it so every enemy can rotate at a competitive ice skater's pace on their loving heels"

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pwnstar posted:

Can't wait to get fooled by Patchi-san.

Now this is a cameo I can get behind. Solaire, on the other hand, please Miyazaki-sama don't do it

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

lonter posted:

Someone's streaming the full game in german right now, terrible audio and video quality though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vzN_SfLvlg

Oh no gently caress all of that and thank you for not making that a clickable link

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

DON'T CLICK IT!!! WHY'D IT DO THAT poo poo

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I wonder how I'm gonna feel going from Sekiro to Assassin's Creed Odyssey, having never played an Assassin's Creed game. I bought it for super cheap about a month ago and meant for it to be my filler game until Sekiro came out, but alas I've barely touched it. Way too late now.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I’m gonna buy this game day one and really enjoy it I think, but I’m a bit worried cos I haven’t played a Souls game in a while but just picked up Bloodborne cos i finally got a PS4, and man, I am toilet water at that game. It’s actually triggering me pretty hard. So yeah, I guess I’m just gonna have to get good all over again.

I’m looking forward to it.

Don't even worry about it! This game may be hard, or it may not be that bad. The only Soulsborne DNA I see in it (from what I've seen) are largely UI elements. Plus, Bloodborne has a notoriously balls-out difficult first quarter. I went into it a seasoned Souls pro and still had plenty of rage moments. Bloodborne was a great game, but its difficulty curve was total poo poo.

Whatever the case, Sekiro is probably going to be the least Souls-like game Fromsoftware have made since uh... whatever the last Armored Core game they made before Demon's Souls.

enojy fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 19, 2019

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Look Sir Droids posted:

Really, that's all? I see a lot more than that. It looks to be slightly more different than Souls games than Bloodbourne was, but the pedigree is pretty clearly there.

Well, I've been keeping myself pretty in the dark, but I only notice abstract similarities, such as the third person view, death/resurrection mechanics, rumors of an interconnected world, "bonfires" and such. I get the feeling the moment-to-moment gameplay is going to feel quite different, with all the ziplining around, constant ebb and flow of music, and implied emphasis on stealth/eavesdropping/assassinations. Still the trappings of a Fromsoftware ARPG, but refreshing enough to not feel like just another Soulsborne game. Bloodborne felt like a Souls game with a coat of gothic Victorian paint to me, while this looks like something wholly different.

At least, those are my hopes. Worst case scenario, to me, is a Nioh rehash made by Fromsoftware, and I'd still love the poo poo out of that.

enojy fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 19, 2019

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Sauer posted:

I'm worried this game might have minor flaws which would make it utter garbage and not worth a spending a single penny. If this game isn't perfect in every way and be exactly like the soulsborne games, From will have effectively stab their fans in the back.

When the last time a game had so many nerds having anxiety attacks about a kickass ninja assassin action game?

Honestly if I get like 10 hours into this game and it just feels like Dark Souls 5 I probably won't even bother finishing it. I'd like to think the majority of Soulsborne fans have had enough Soulsborne.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Eh, maybe I'm just an outlier. I probably put 200 (or more) hours into each of the Soulsborne games. I'm well over them at this point.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't need a dark souls 4 but I'd kill for a bloodborne 2

I didn't even consider this. Fair enough! I retract my previous statement.

I'm just burnt out and jaded at this point. I've been on the Soulsborne hype train since the very beginning (not trying to dickwag at all -- I've never played a King's Field game, but Demon's Souls got me good.) I'm not even sure I could muster a second playthrough of Dark Souls 3 after my first go-around, whereas all of the previous games, I stopped just short of hypothetically wearing the blu-ray disc out.

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 19, 2019

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Edit: I finally did it! Quote != edit!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

FallenGod posted:

I'm trying to imagine the kind of person who would watch a stream of this game instead of going in blind, but the concept is just too alien to me.

I ate up Dark Souls streams leading up to its release. I specifically remember one Japanese player streaming it at just about any hour I checked. A day or two prior to street date, I spent at least a few hours watching him throw himself at some random boss to no avail. Didn't know who the boss was, since the name was in Japanese, but I sure found out who it was when I got to the last boss of the game! It ruined it a little bit for me, so no pre-release streams for me.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

A Sometimes Food posted:

"I've watched a whole lot of comedies. I feel like I'm done with humour now."

It's not like that. To me, it's more along the lines of "Robin Williams Live On Broadway 2002 is a classic stand-up, but man this is like the hundredth time I've watched it... oh, the gorilla bit, the sweaty bit, the hairy arms bit, the Margaret Thatcher bit, got it... I wonder if Tom Segura has a new stand-up on Netflix yet?"

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Look Sir Droids posted:

It's more like, and I'll stick with comedy here, "I've already seen Eddie Murphy Raw, I don't need to see anymore of his comedy so I'm going to pass on Delirious."

Unacceptable! I specifically chose Robin Williams Live On Broadway 2002 because it was great for its time, but not a classic. Too heavy on the shtick, too much topical humor, didn't age well. Feels almost like a Gallagher special these days. Raw is timeless and one of the all-time greats. Then again, I'd say that about Dark Souls 1, so I'm not really supporting my case very well here.

Like... imagine if Eddie Murphy had made three specials between Delirious and Raw, except those three were just him wearing different-colored leather suits and rehashing half of the bits from Delirious... and you watched them all hundreds of times because you couldn't get enough. Then he announces Raw, and you're like "please don't do the Bill Cosby bit in this one"

Edit: Bill Cosby bit is in fact from Raw, not Delirious. Quit it with the comedy quizzes

enojy fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 20, 2019

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I might vaccuum out my pauperstation tonight in advance of the release :suck: :blow:

Related, I recently found out that cleaning a PS4 Pro (and maaaaybe a slim, but look it up before trying this) is as simple as prying the top layer off with your hands to access the vents and fan. No tools needed -- sounds like a "just put your Switch in the oven" troll, but it's true! The clips holding it on are pretty stiff, so it requires a good amount of force and may make some worrying sounds on the way off, but everything will be fine.

I just opened mine up that's about a year old, and was surprised to see it needed no cleaning whatsoever. I have two very sheddy cats and my PS4 is basically on the floor.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Imhotep posted:

As far as size, length, etc. I’ve read a bunch of Redditors have Nice Meltdowns over the game being “only 7 hours?? That’s loving bullshit Bloodborne took me only like 13 hours but still !”

I think this is just a case of some dum-dums taking the bait that someone posted on 4chan saying that the game is "6 hours long, 8 if you're a completionist."

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cowcaster posted:

is it unlocked yet

Restart steam

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Jose posted:

I'm pretty bad at this partly because I've always been terrible at parries in the souls games

Same. I made my way fine through Bloodborne's gun-based parrying, but I honestly never was a parry kinda guy in the Souls games. I can't wait to get wrecked by Sekiro in a couple hours.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I was slayin' pretty hard in this game all the way up until white cloak spear mini-boss guy I don't even see the name of because he kills me so quick. I even practiced the specific counter at home base to a science, but it's not enough. I'll have to come back to this later. Feelin' humbled. Need chicken nuggies to recoup.

Anyone past this point, should I not take this side route yet? The guy kills me in two hits. It really feels like I shouldn't be attempting this yet, although I have all the tools...

enojy fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 23, 2019

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Kingfish posted:

The AI seems really bad for a stealth game. Brain-dead enemies make sense in dark souls and bloodborne but it’s not a good look so far in Sekiro.

I just had a guy attack me through a wall while hiding behind it, and based on the elaborate route I took to get behind said wall, he really shouldn't have known I was there. Dude just swung at the wall. A concrete wall, no less... hit me with a sword... I really hope this isn't a heavily-recurring thing.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Double post wups

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah lol at that tip to "prevent" dragonrot by not resurrecting, the second I faced an actual boss and died 100 times (because even if there's no mist door are you really going to back out every time you lose the free resurrect) everyone in the world got infected

I took that post as a note to Always (Not) Be Resurrecting but who gives a poo poo, anybody on their first play through is gonna gently caress it up and inevitably get some people sick. No clue if it was accurate or not, but I've decided to not let it bother me for a first play through.

This game absolutely has the appeal to merit multiple completions. The mechanic is interesting anyway, so I'm letting the chips fall where they may. That's been my MO for Souls games anyway; I never got that "optimal" playthrough until at least half a dozen times through, and still loved them regardless.

enojy fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Deformed Church posted:

oh poo poo that's a big snake

Called it a night at that point. No idea what I was thinking picking up some beers to celebrate release day of this game. It's fine for the fodder enemies, but yeah, that's a big loving snake. I got one-shotted from a simple body collision. Bypassing this is going to take precision and uninhibited planning.

Slightly before that point, I'm very glad they made it possible for the Chained Ogre's throw to actually toss you into the abyss. Broke up the monotony of trying to figure out the proper counter timing with some laughter.

Edit:

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God this Ogre gently caress I swear at one point he loving landed after a failed grab attempt.... and then slid through the mud and managed to get me anyway!

Probably just an animation glitch but I didn't know whether to be furious or laugh my rear end off :allears:

I had some issues with timing that as well, but as you said, there is some mud involved. If they went as far as to account for him sliding into you for the grab given the extra momentum thanks to mud, then lord help us... I've had best results delaying that particular counter until the very last moment prior to contact, but for other things (e.g. thrust counter,) timing on that seems quite lenient to the point of going for it as the enemy lunges towards you (e.g. right after the enemy's weapon glints.) YMMV, but so far I'm chalking it up to more of the same floaty timing bullshit that steered me away from ever getting into parrying in Souls games. Blah.

enojy fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Mar 23, 2019