Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

President Beep posted:

aren’t gang tags special images that reside on SA’s server somewhere? also, i do not know how gang tags work.

One user needs to buy it as an avatar. This uploads the gang tag image to SA's server.

Once that's done, anybody (including the original gang tag purchaser) can buy a new avatar with [img] tags in the title text linking to the gang tag.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

you may be shocked to learn that the forum software is not the greatest...

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

infernal machines posted:

let me just pay money to sit in this uncomfortable-rear end stadium seating to watch some mountain dew fueled dipshit click a mouse for an hour, 200 yards away

because it's not like i could see the same thing on twitch for free

see also: baseball

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

has anyone outside of the something awful forums said anything about this topic because at the moment i'm extremely skeptical

union pacific is a public company. there have to be people who are shareholders in UNP and also TSLA. and as noted, ripping up tracks is not something done on a whim. so if they were doing something as blatant as removing their association with a company as puffed-up and reported-on as tesla, i'd think at someone would have brought it up before

The APN for the property appears to be 519-1747-16-3, but you can't view Alemeda County property ownership information online.

edit: the parcel viewer is here https://www.acgov.org/assessor/resources/parcel_viewer.htm , you can't actually link to a parcel in the viewer because it is a government web site

pseudorandom name fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 11, 2018

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

iospace posted:

Also, it seems the yard next to the plant is still there, just the tracks leading to the plant's former rack loading platforms are gone.

yeah, the stuff that's torn up and buried in dirt is on two of the Tesla parcels, not the Union Pacific parcel

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the photos are taken from planes, not satellites, so its even more infrequent than an orbital period

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

OldAlias posted:

elon musk

no

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Munkeymon posted:

can you use the bricks that have holes in them and run rebar through the holes?

you don't use rebar for brick, that's for concrete-filled CMUs

brick uses thinner pieces of galvanized steel running horizontally through the mortar joints every few vertical feet, with metal strips bent around the rods and attached to the real wall behind the brick

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

syscall girl posted:

is this true because lol

what does your heart tell you?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

oh no rip harambe is actually catchy

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

this is literally a plot point in 2016's Version Control by Dexter Palmer

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

cohost is more of a Tumblr alternative with Twitter characteristics, and it has quietly been gaining users for several months now

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

can I get a virgin elon musk & chad king abdullah II of jordan meme?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

just delete all the tweets before 2021, it isn't like anybody needs them

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

please do not insult notch's demonstrated technical acumen and business savvy by comparing him to elon

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

qirex posted:

for an attention whore of his level getting full access to twitter must be like a cokehead getting a cubic meter of primo poo poo, although in this case I'd guess he has both

first one, then the other

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

e: I clicked through and got the "Tweet doesn't exist" error before I took the screenshot and now it loads again

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

what'd we set the over/under at again?

I remember somebody saying 14 days and somebody else saying December 1 and I can't remember which stuck

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

why do I know that name?

oh this is the Questionable Content guy

lol

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/zachsilberberg/status/1590360419180302336

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Lain Iwakura posted:

https://twitter.com/nandoodles/status/1590409080673566722

"we'll keep their $8"

elon has never been on these forums has he

the something awful business model

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/aipac_usa/status/1590876927518445568

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/ADL_OfficiaI/status/1590878398494437378

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

TerminalRaptor posted:

At what point as an employee do you have a moral and ethical obligation to break into whatever office he's hunkered down in and beat him to death with a keyboard?

He's a billionaire, so, now.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

reminder that EU regs let you refund online purchases for absolutely no reason for 14 days

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

tbf it isn't Twitter's fault that traders are idiots

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

ADINSX posted:

Tweet deleted

https://old.reddit.com/r/ThatsInsane/comments/ytvo2g/tesla_lost_control_when_parking_and_took_off_to/

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I don't believe in the Great Man Theory, but I do believe in the Man Theory.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

akadajet posted:

who the gently caress is still working there?

sick people and immigrants

borderline slaves

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I have more respect for wheatley than I do for elmo

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

purely because of "omg this is the part where he kills you" "chapter 9: the part where he kills you" "this is the part where I kill you" "achievement unlocked: this is the part"

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

you cannot top that sixty second of video gaming.

it is pure perfection, and will never be matched

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

this part:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejh8GUwdKKQ

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the part where he kills you

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

in a well actually posted:

a fun little game is guessing whether the bootlicking bluechecks are paid-for or legacy

you need to turn on the emoji bootlicker markers in Better Tweedeck's options

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

lol he deleted this one from earlier:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

what a loving dork

oh right replies embed the original

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Truman Peyote posted:

i actually think "virtue signaling" is a useful concept that does capture a real and annoying behavior. it feels like 80% of what is said in any political conversation is redundant or irrelevant just so that the speaker can show everyone that they know all of the pieties that are expected of them. the idea that it's specific to the left is the part that's bullshit

the subtext of "virtue signalling" is that nobody actually believes any of this, everybody thinks just like me and we're all trying to impress chicks with our lies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Crusader Kings 2 simulates the behavior of every single ruler in Europe (and, with expansions, north africa/middle east/the americas/etc.), along with their extended families and entire court.

There was a bug where Greek-ish rulers would obsessively consider castrating or blinding their enemies, to the point where it would grind the game to a halt.