Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
ive been trying to get "muskovites" to catch on as a collective noun because i like how it carries the implication that a lot of them are russian bots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

hey you know what they say; to make an omelet you gotta burn a few infants to death

or something

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

tesla stock is like bitcoins now, in that the price will be artificially propped up for way too long by nerds who think they're getting in on the ground floor of ~~the future~~ because hey i'm smart in computer therefore i must also be smart in everything else

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

back a few years ago when everyone was starting to get excited about self-driving tech after seeing a Google car drove slowly around a parking lot i predicted that probably some idiot was going to get a car with lane assist and adaptive cruise control and think that that equals full automation; i just never expected that idiot to be tesla motors inc lmao

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

oh my god elon stop tweeting, this is so embarrassing

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1026073171638738944

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

dymaxion car but electric

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

spacesex had another successful launch; it's pretty telling that the company where just due to it being rocket science musk has to stay hands off (beyond shaming the employees who don't work 90 hour weeks anyway) is actually good at what it does, while the one where he thinks he personally knows better than the entire rest of a trillion dollar established industry is producing shoddy garbage

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

although iirc he initially wanted the falcon heavy to have fuel crossfeed from the boosters to the central core but that got scrapped which almost certainly means there was at some point a very serious meeting where his top engineers sat him down and told him that he can't just promise to include things from kerbal space program

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

we've been promised goofy rear end pod cars by scifi for long enough i fully embrace our goofy rear end pod car future

hnnnng yesssss

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

pairs great with cheese wedge car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXzcIoq2ing

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

lmbo

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1028121465785405441

can't wait to see the musk fanboys wearing those

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

lmao the model 3 is the F-22 of cars

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

*model 3 drives into death valley and explodes*

*musk fans immediately begin typing out manuscripts about how it's not the fault of the batteries for overheating but actually the fault of the driver for taking the car into a location where the altitude is negative, which crashes the thermal management software*

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

musk should break into the mobile device market next because he seems to have a talent for self-owns

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

god is there anything more repugnant than journos fawning over the ~~tragic billionaire~~ and trying to make it out like he's just a dude like you or i but with so much crushing responsibility he's really a modern-day atlas, how sad

i was going to make some joke about how it'd be like a feudal lord getting all the town criers to proclaim to the peasants how overworked and stressed he is, but then realized if anything it's worse than that since:
a) a lord couldn't easily abdicate his position without causing problems, while musk absolutely could just retire tomorrow - except he thinks he's so much smarter than everyone else that no one but him could possibly provide the necessary leadership, and
b) unlike a lot of people today, peasants actually understood their place in the system and knew that it didn't matter how hard they worked, they would never be the king (not defending entrenched social hierarchies just stating the fact that no one reading this is ever going to be a billionaire [sorry])

so while a lord complaining to a peasant would be totally a dick move, i actually don't think it's as heinous as this late-capitalism "billionaires are our friends, sympathize with them" bullshit narrative they try to sell us all the time

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

reminder that having a ton of money actually breaks human brains in measurable ways, and not good ways either unless you're a big fan of narcissistic sociopathy

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1034458577346260992

it's okay elong ur allowed 2 cry

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

"if i accuse someone of a crime and they don't sue me, that proves my accusation was true" wow this is the sort of brain genius logic that makes musk the smartest man on the world no wonder he can make all the best inventions like cars that automatically catch fire or a subway that only goes in one direction

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

musk confirmed for dahir insaat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m5vWdeTlno

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

atomicthumbs posted:

as in i facilitate things back and forth between two websites

))<>((

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

prisoner of waffles posted:

yes, and google "johny johny eating sugar"

no don't!

save yourself from the worst earworm ever conceived, it's truly awful and once it gets in your head it will never ever come out

also just to be safe, don't have children

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

infernal machines posted:

only for the purists, like the guys who hand craft vacuum tubes. everyone else will just get the biogel cell pack conversions or whatever the gently caress horror we've invented by then

batteries made by literally harvesting the hearts of orphan children, but after hearing that they can get two extra hours on their phone before charging, people will convince themselves that it's actually good because you know lithium mines used slave labour and the orphans are killed humanely and it's 100% environmentally sustainable

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

hey uh elon this is just a suggestion but if you actually have proof someone is abusing children maybe call the fuckin cops????? instead of pissing about on twitter

btw all my posts are now officially off the record so it's illegal for them to be used against me, i don't know why no one has ever used this loophole before, it's genius :smugdog:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

lol i had my first robotic work cell integration class today and i've had the instructor before and he was a big tesla fan; pre-ordered the model 3 and everything

he has canceled his order and we used the example of musk headbutting a car on the assembly line to start our discussion on industrial safety systems

surely the tesla board of directors must see that musky's antics are costing them actual customers who were formerly willing to drop the better part of 100 grand on their product

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i need a good word for insulting trump supporters

just calling them "white man" drives them up the loving wall for some reason; so it's pretty effective

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

President Beep posted:

he's totally gonna pull the "but i did not inhale" line.

can't blame him for not inhaling; whenever he sees smoke he probably panics and thinks it's from a combusting Li-ion battery pack

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

podracing at the boonta eve classic gets it done in 3 laps, why do professionals even need 100

i went to a nascar race with my dad when i was a kid; it was kind of neat but when you're 11 a 2 and a half hour race where you're sitting on hard bleachers in the hot sun seems like a reeeeeally long time

mark martin won and my dad (and by extension i) was a fan of him so we were happy

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

at least nascar drivers know how to turn left; US government only ever seems to veer right

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

jit bull transpile posted:

I'm fully iositized and loving it.

jit bull transpile posted:

android causes Stockholm syndrome I'm pretty sure

:thunk:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

we did it friends

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1041469078194446336?s=19

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

oh lol i thought it was a standalone tweet about him leaving twitter or killing his are self or something

i'd probably feel more foolish if this wasn't clearly the fault of twitter presenting it to me as a standalone tweet rather than a reply to a previous one; it's amazing how they consistently set the bar for "worst social media site" despite the stiff competition

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

in the long run it may be that the most significant thing spacex has done is gotten everyone to start thinking of launches using their terms "expendable" and "reusable", which have really clear connotations wrt economics, environment, etc

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

when people find out I work with industrial robots theyre inevitably like "haha so when are they going to take over the world" and honestly i think it's a classification error; the word "robot" is just too broad

there's like zero overlap between the type of robot you use in auto manufacturing and the type that can use deep learning or whatever to deal with unexpected situations, and from the standpoint of a robot, a soft part being in a slightly different configuration is an "unexpected situation"

things like installing wiring harnesses or placing those flame barrier mats on top of the battery modules are so clearly suited to human hands and Musk is a goddamn moron if he somehow can't understand this

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

just watch the first laundry folding robots will get installed in people's homes and someone's kid will climb into one and it'll fold the kid's shirt with the kid still in it

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

crash me own tesla

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

would not at all be surprised to learn that some space agency at some point had done research into how much you could surgically pare down a human while still leaving enough of them that they could operate a spacecraft

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

hailthefish posted:

it's possible he was gay

To my dearest Daniel Waterhouse,

I have invented this methode of fluxions so that I might find myself to lie beneath all of thine curves.

Yours in love mathematickal,
Isaac

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

sweet i love eating lead but I always worry it might have bacteria on it

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

gianthog420

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

lipid cells