Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Mister Facetious posted:

Please compare it to Colony Wars 1-3, my gold standard for console space combat (because I can't be arsed to buy Elite: Dangerous).

Great throwback. I loved those games as well but I hardly ever see them mentioned or discussed. I remember the cool ads they had in gamer mags and eventually I got to play them at a cousin’s house. Really felt like you were part of a huge war rather than being a lone hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’m the mushroom

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Figure I’ll give fortnite a try to see what it’s all about, on switch since I’m traveling. Switch goons have a discord or just using the main fortnite topic ?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
You just stay seated at a bonfire if you want to walk away and not worry about getting invaded (pvp) in dark souls. Or if not connected to the internet just stand wherever you are, provided there are not enemies in sight. It’s ok.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

mdemone posted:

God this is really taking me back. I had the first DS a decade ago, never got more than a third of the way through it but I was addicted.

I've forgotten almost everything about it by now, but I basically bought a Switch for this game.

Looking forward to the DS posts in here after release...from newbies and old hands, I'm sure.

I’m so bad I’ve never beaten any of them because I end up losing interest. The atmosphere and world design were always the appeal for me. The first one I played almost entirely offline because I was living in a hotel at that time and the internet was too slow for gaming. Really relied a lot on sunbro in that game. When 2 came out and I played online from the get go it was such a different experience.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Brief footage of Warframe on switch at about 10:40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgZqB04En2Q

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

THE loving MOON posted:

Holy cow, that does look good. Between that and the work they've done on Bethesda's games they can name their own price if someone wants to port their game to the Switch.

I hope it lives up! I played a little on Xbox to try it out and I like it, having it on switch would be great for me as I travel a lot

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I played Paladins on a whim last night and I forgot how drat good it runs and plays on Switch. I think I’m gonna add it on to my regular rotation to keep me from getting Fortnite burnout.

The switch has some crazy good free games on it

I like the gameplay but I always end up with awful teammates. Everyone slam picks a flanker or one of the snipers right away and we are always left with no support or frontline. I actually like playing support (seris is my go to) so I usually roger up but sometimes I want to try something else. Also have problems with people never touching the objective.

I am glad we don’t have chat because what I’ve seen from pc is just horrible in game chat between teammates, especially directed at supports.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Super No Vacancy posted:

very sad to see dark souls posting ruin another thread in the prime of its life

I’ll take posts of people sharing their first time dark souls experiences and asking for advice over the weekly BOTW weapon chat. Fortunately you’re still allowed to talk about things besides dark souls, as people are still doing.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Yea boiiiii

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Bruteman posted:

I'm interested in getting something like 7 Days to Die/The Forest/Subnautica on the Switch but I'm not seeing much - just Minecraft (already own it), Portal Knights (already have on PC) and something called Radiation Island, which looks janky as hell but is the exact type of game I'm looking for and it somehow has mostly positive reviews on Steam.

I searched the eStore but didn't notice anything else in that vein - is that all there is?

Can’t help you much but I know radiation island started as an iOS game so that may temper your interest.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Feenix posted:

I played Crusader back on Diablo 3 PS4. I liked it. I wanted to try something new... I picked a Monk for Seasonal. He seems ok so far... any words of encouragement or discouragement about keeping him vs picking something else...?

Every class is viable. If you don’t like the feel then you can easily restart with a new class and get them up to 80 quickly. Season lasts a couple months at minimum so you’re not losing a lot of time. I only tried monk once and it was strong but not exciting to me.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
That’s a great game for her to check out tbh. Seems her style

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Mr. Game and Watch’s Big Dick Energy

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Getting close to Warframe switch version and I’ve heard very little about it. If it’s a good port I’m gonna get sucked in like D3.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

DLC Inc posted:

Yeah Panic Button is awesome and the people behind Warframe care immensely about their product and their community, so all signs point to this being a good port. Warframe is loving impenetrable to me since I tried it years ago but maybe I'll try it again on Switch.

Yea I’ve only played a few hours on Xbox after hearing it was coming to switch. I had a buddy run me through some stuff and there’s a lot to pick up mechanics wise but the core gameplay of just killing mobs was fun. I figure switch will have a lot of first timers so it won’t be bad to start off

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Mods can we change the thread name? I named it for Halloween

How about

Nintendo Switch: I guess I should be thankful

Halloween is going until December 31st this year

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Anyone intend to try out Warframe next week? I’d like to get a group going. I’ve played a few hours on Xbox but still not fully familiar with all the mechanics. Plus it’s more fun with a big group. Can either do a discord or use the Warframe console thread to coordinate

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Looks nice. But what do you do in it? Also I love the idea of a person with flippers somehow swimming faster than fish and whales.

Is it free? Then sure.

Oh that's good. I really suck at Gradius and I have no patience to save-scum my way to victory. Good be chill to just blast poo poo away all powered up.

Warframe is free to play. The monetization aspect is fair from what I understand of it

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Licarn posted:

Not being able to read the manual in the car on the ride home ruins the nostalgia :(

The promotional VHS tape (not even sure how I was signed up to receive it) was the most hyped up I've ever been for a game. Didn't even actually show the game so I had no idea what to expect but the pocket monsters were real cool looking.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Warframe switch gameplay. Warning, talkative dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM0hxNQLofo

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Just a one time transfer (creating a copy essentially) of a PC account. I almost made a pc account and begged up some items to transfer for over but whatever

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Join us on the discord to coordinate some Warframe switch gaming! Newbie friendly. Hopefully we can get a clan going

https://discord.gg/PvCRPn

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Weedle posted:

I see the Hitlers at Nintendo of America are still refusing to make Warframe available to me. This is violence

I feel ya bud! I can’t wait to gun fu around tomorrow. Luckily I have bf v to tide me over

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Achmed Jones posted:

I got the armor set from the season journey with my necromancer and went to get it with my crusader, but it turns out you can’t get the reward for multiple characters

That’s a bit of a bummer, because now I don’t have near as much incentive to play (until next season)

Use a different build. The one revolving around the season set isn’t the only viable one. Or have someone power level your crusader.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Nintendo switch: a good system with a lot of fun games

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

number one pta fan posted:

I don't have gamer friends and I've been looking for stuff to entertain guests with on the Switch.

1-2-Switch seems like a cool novelty but it's loving £35 still and I'm not sure how much of a hit it'd be. Tennis was my next thought, I'm gonna get Tennis I think.

My wife doesn’t play games at all but she likes Mario Party (it’s the second game I’ve ever seen her play). She prefers the river rafting co op mode since it’s a team effort. She will play the regular party mode and do fine but she finds the random stars at the end to be frustrating and anything more than a ten turn limit is too much (which I agree with).

We also tried overcooked 2 this week but it hasn’t clicked with her yet. Might be too hectic but I think other non gamer friends I have might enjoy it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

asecondduck posted:

Finally started up Warframe after downloading it when it launched and... It's good? Confusing as all gently caress, but I read the RPS and Polygon intro articles about it and that helped.

Squadding up with randoms is never something I'm comfortable with in a game, especially if it's a game that I'm brand new to because I'm always super self conscious and worried I'm gonna drag the team down with my mediocre gaming skills.

But either Warframe is pairing me up with bots (a la Paladins) or the randoms I'm getting paired with are worse at videogames than I am, because I keep being the only one who actually stays on task and kills enemies, everyone else kind of runs around sometimes shooting.

It's also been wicked easy so far, but I'm guessing that's part of the F2P thing--if the the difficulty starts off even slightly hard you risk driving away potential customers before they get hooked.

It also looks surprisingly good for a Switch game.

Join the goon guild. Here’s the discord to ask for an invite https://discord.gg/AA2FKq

Lots of newbies and vets and people help each out a lot

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If it’s that core Dynasty Warriors gameplay you want then they dropped DW8 on the eshop last week. I’ve not played it but I think others said it was good.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Perfect dark was cool and all and I’m down for a port but let me get some Timesplitters too.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

Going to my brother’s house where my 7 year and 9 year nephews have Smash Bros.

I’m going to own these children so hard.

Glad to hear you did lots of research on he switch before buying one, which led you to realize it would have lots of Nintendo games, which you would enjoy.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Takoluka posted:

This, but a Boo.

Yea I hope we get a baldurs gate port too

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Policenaut posted:

I've been dabbling with that old NGPC one with Capcom vs SNK and all I can say is yes, please start making TCG RPGs again and not actual card games that suck.

I love Cardfighters Clash and NGPC. I never played the DS one because I heard it had a game breaking bug.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Barudak posted:

Ask me about hitting said gamebreaking bug!

The worst part is that bug occurs with what is an absolutely terrible mechanic that shouldnt have been in the game anyway where the game starts gating your progress by forcing you to trade it specific, rare cards in a random card winning collectible card game environment. Its a huge reason that bug is even worse than it sounds because you can keep playing and grinding never knowing its impossible for the card theyre asking for to actually drop.

Sounds like it was ahead of its time in foretelling the gated, p2w or grind PvP hell that ccg games now are

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've always said that Perfect Dark 64 would be.... perfect if it had a smooth framerate and maybe online play.

The XBLA version fixes both of those things, and I need it (and/or Timesplitters) on the Switch.

Timesplitters is extremely dope and it’s big focus on local multi would be good well with the switch’s rooftop party design

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

GreenNight posted:

I was a big fan of Lufia back in the day.

I really enjoyed Lufia II. I don’t know how it’d hold up for me though

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Baldurs gate ii would be cool even if I’m unsure how well it’d control. Anyone who hasn’t played it before shouldn’t feel bad about putting it on easy difficulty because of how weird ad&d rules are and it’ll still be challenging at that level.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Takoluka posted:

aaayyyyyyyyyyyy

Lol nice. I’m hype. I don’t know how it’ll control but whatever I’ll give it a shot. I will miss some of the QoL mods I always run on pc

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Beastie bomber posted some thoughts on Away, wanted to know if anyone else has played it and what they think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Ariana is cool and good imo.

Anyway I’ve never played a FE game before even though I like SRPGs so I hope this one is cool and good.