Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I got my Switch a few days ago, it was a Smash bundle that included a Mario themed Gamecube controller, currently I'm dunking on spirits as Bowser but I don't remember the big dude being fast like he is in Ultimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So after beating Bowser and stopping his Moon Wedding in Mario Odyssey I was flooded with post game costumes but after a few hours of the cool Luigi's Balloon Hide mode I've gotten pretty much everything.

I was lucky enough to have an extra coin event happen in the Moon Kingdom and apart from assholes putting their balloons ontop of the church they were usually pretty easy to find, but how the hell do you even get on top of the church in time because the only way I can get up is the frog capture round the back and the balloon spot seems to be high above the front door

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

A sequel to Metroid Fusion won't happen because if I recall right Samus and AI Adam are both wanted terrorists by the space police after the game's events, I don't think Nintendo of all things would pursue this, Fusion's story was far too ambitious for its own good.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

What exactly could the plot to Metroid Prime 4 even be because I'm fairly certain Dark Samus (THE Metroid Prime) died when Planet Phazon exploded and took all the blue goo in the galaxy with it, I know there was that ship following Samus in the 100% ending which people think belonged to one of the goobers from Hunters, I'm fairly hopeful in any case, Retro have always done good.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I picked up Hollow Knight a few days ago and I've really enjoyed the hell out of it, I'm currently getting my rear end beat by Grimm and I should probably finish the big boss in the City of Tears off but that can wait.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

also it'd be a potential stepping stone for getting Onox and Veran into another Hyrule Warriors title if Hyrule Warriors 2 is ever a thing that happens.

I think you mean Groose.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

If Microsoft are going to release all their first party games on every system baring the PS4/5 then what the hell is the point of the Xbox One Two going to be, if I can play the next Halo on my Switch or whatever else then why would I even buy one.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Can someone tell me why Agatha is in Hyrule Warriors again, apart from it never not being funny to clown on her as Ganondorf.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The early bits of Undertale don't do it any favours, it picks up at the end of Snowdin but yeah that is pretty much the whole game, befriending weird monsters and not killing everything, unless you want to of course.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

Ah, yes. I forgot about that. Sheik and Impa are both very good and strong ladies.

Groose still should've been playable. He gets a sort of cameo in the form of the Groosenator, so the devs at least know he exists!

Yes he really should, but I can live with the fact he's clearly being held back until Hyrule Warriors 2 where he'll be the second lead character behind Link.

Yuga being in also completes the trifecta of wacky bad guys next to Girahim and Zant.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

asecondduck posted:

Which part of the world is the new region supposed to be? Italy?

England, fantasy London at a guess considering Not Big Ben was in a shot.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Andrast posted:

Turn-based combat is good but do you really like to see 5000 Zubats in every cave?

Sounds like someone doesn't use repels.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Your Computer posted:

i will probably pick sword because i always pick the blue game but swords seem pretty violent for a pokemon game

Aegislash says hello.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Gripweed posted:

They could've just gone with Germany or France, they're basically the same thing

Kalos already happened for France.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I see Swords of Ditto is coming to Switch next week after being on PS4 for a long while, I'd recommend it quite highly to newcomers BUT there's some things people need to know first, it's a roguelike because of course it is and dying loses everything unless you have enough crystals in which you can take a few items with you to your next character.

Next up, the game originally shipped with a 3 game time limit before you were forced into the final battle with Mormo, whether you were ready or not, that was altered so the first run (or until you beat Mormo once) has no time limit, but every time after she casts a time curse and you get 5 days minimum.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Fancy Hat! posted:

It's been said the permadeath was completely removed (or atleast moved to a more hardcore mode), according to the dev, anyhow.

I'm not going to lie, that's a great change, the first few attempts can really be ball busting, I never beat Mormo once until my sixth attempt and even then not until the Timeless update was released.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Leal posted:

I mean it works for steam :v:

It's funny how Nintendo goes from one extreme to the other, one minute they don't give a gently caress about third party developers, the next they have opened the floodgates and flooding the store with actual trash quality games that are burying everything around them.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

track day bro! posted:

I got 1 hit killed by one of those fuckers once and then just decided to kill everything with ancient arrows because gently caress stealth

Yeah, the Yiga Blademasters will always one hit kill you in the lair, it's your punishment for failing the extremely shoddy stealth section.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

neither did anyone in the uk because the pre-orders went live at 2am and the colonials snapped them all up. :argh:

I got the steelbook edition with a blue rupee lamp from Nintendo's online store, consider me lucky honestly.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

Musou games are fun and I want a my hero one

Still waiting for Mushroom Kingdom Warriors.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Link's Awakening feels like the difficulty has been toned way down, I don't remember killing the boss of Catfish's Maw after hookshotting him out the wall twice but I did, I suppose hero mode is to compensate for this, still I am enjoying it but the dungeon maker mode loving blows, it's really really boring.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Unless I'm doing something wrong in Link's Awakening, I just shot 30 arrows into the Armos Knight in the Southern Shrine and did no damage at all to it, I was hitting it from all angles and it didn't take any damage, I think its hitbox is a bit too small or something.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

alf_pogs posted:

okay Catfish's Maw dungeon music inthe new Links Awakening is some straight up mad scientist horror movie poo poo and it is amazing

Wait till you hear the new Face Shrine music.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I don't think we'll see a brand new Paper Mario game in the style of the first two for as long as Miyamoto's around, I could maybe see a Paper Mario 1 remake on Switch especially now Mario and Luigi has died as a franchise.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

Ok, question regarding Digimon Cyber Sleuth

I've heard a lot of praise about how this is the one good Digimon game since the very first one. I'm currently in chapter 6 and I've been doing all the sidequests and farm quests as they pop up.

However out of the 8 hours of gameplay I have so far, I'd say only 2 of them were spent fighting with the creatures that give the name to the title and the other 6 of them consisted of scrolling through "here have some Japan lore" info dumps. And heck those 2 hours were artificially inflated by me running in circles with High Encounters on because dungeons tend to be 2-3 screens long and then the game has a panic attack and abruptly goes back to chat scrolling time before you start having too much fun. Does the game pick up after a certain point?

Like I shouldn't be asking for more time to play with my Digimons on a Digimon game :mad:

Nope, the game is exactly like that from start to finish, its a very text and story heavy Digimon game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yo, Ring Fit Adventure just had a major update, there's a rhythm mode where you can now exercise to music from a couple of Nintendo games, and maybe the most important update of all in this, you can finally jog without having to fight monsters, a free running mode!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

hatty posted:

I hope the next big ringfit update is that it’s available in stores

For once I'm glad I got in on it early.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

mario kart 8 dlc when!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It already got DLC on the Wii U.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

To echo many people, I'll believe these rumours when I see Nintendo themselves revealing it, a Paper Mario in development that's similar to PM 1 and Thousand Year Door has been bait since the abysmal Colour Splash was shat out on the Wii U.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Wasn't everyone also 99% sure a Switch Pro was coming out last year, I must have missed its release.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Andrast posted:

Will you crease yourself and be reborn?

I was thinking that was a bit of a weird tone for Paper Mario but Thousand Year Door already did it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Still, I'm going to be mighty disappointed if its just Color Splash 2 in terms of its gameplay, because that was really boring.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Lmao what the hell

Is this rpg paper Mario or here’s a bunch of puzzle pieces paper Mario

Nintendo won't go back to the franchise's proper routes, Sticker Star baby, that's the course they set.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Never doubt Arlo.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Len posted:

Yeah this, you either enjoy just shutting off your brain and rocking out while you murder thousands of nameless mooks or you don't

That's a good way to fail the majority of the missions honestly, turning off your brain is a pretty bad idea in a Musou game with how much information you need to pay attention to.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Morpheus posted:

I've unlocked two of the champions in AoC, and I'm liking how every character is fairly distinct this time around. Makes me want to jump between them to try to see if I can get better at their quirks.

They were in HW1, the only character who is more or less the same is Link.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

PowerBeard posted:

My copy and Bowsers Furry feat. Mario arrived... with a steel case! I did not order it, but I guess Gamestop needed to get rid of the things.

Nintendo upgraded all existing pre-orders with the steelbook edition, this happened to me and got an email explaining as such.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

9 Volt is also the character for this weeks Wario Cup, I hope you like playing as him when the minigames are set to 200% speed.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is that a particularly British thing? I feel they're the only people I've heard say things like Spag Bol for spaghetti Bolognese.

Mac and cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wario Ware universe has some pretty good lore. A photo in Mona's house implies her parents are Daisy and Luigi.

Mona has a crush on Wario so this raises questions.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

How old is Mario, come to think of it?

Miyamoto claims he's 25 iirc.