Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

Alright I'll have to try and figure out a deck then

E: any general advice for decks that are reasonably affordable (I mean I only have 3 mythic and 7 rare wildcards) and, for lack of a better word when talking budget decks, janky? Nothing based on winning with creatures basically, whether it's red aggro or green big dudes or whatever.

I made Mono Blue Tempo. It’s pretty powerful and cheap in wildcards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
seems good, any recommendations?

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Angry Lobster posted:

Mono black is definetly off meta, but it has been pretty good for me this last week with all the aggro running around. I've been using a mono black list to grind 7 wins in Bo1 with great results. If Jeskai control rises in popularity due to the GP results then I don't know how viable it will remain.

I’d like to see what you are running!

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Reprint DRS and Snapcaster next set. I played the blue SnapDelver deck when that was standard. 2009?2010?

:same:

It was also my first short term competitive experience and I was floored when I saw the prices of Scars/INN block cards when I started up again last year. I though I was smart for cashing out before I quit.

Modern was also just getting started and I was able to sell most of a Soul Sisters deck for a penny last year.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Bugsy posted:

Watching some dude stream this and he is cleaning up the cascade queues.

6 Mountain (M19) 273
4 Sulfur Falls (DAR) 247
6 Island (M19) 265
2 Detection Tower (M19) 249
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257

4 Guttersnipe (M19) 145
4 Lightning Strike (XLN) 149
4 Shock (M19) 156
4 Goblin Electromancer (GRN) 174
3 Opt (DAR) 60
3 Mission Briefing (GRN) 44
3 Pirate's Pillage (RIX) 109
4 Risk Factor (GRN) 113
4 Electrostatic Field (GRN) 97
3 Wizard's Lightning (DAR) 152
2 Quasiduplicate (GRN) 51

This deck is loving bananas

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Post the liiiiiiiiiiiiist.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

moush posted:

If I'm gonna drop $100 on this game now (only gotten the $5 starter before this) what's the best way to spend my gems? I'm pretty bad at limited and usually spend all my gold on straight packs and CE. What has everyone else who put money into this game been spending it on?

I enjoy drafting so I spend all my gems of drafts and all my gold on packs.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Simone Poodoin posted:

interesting, I used to get them all the time so I guess I was lucky before

I just had a lucky streak of 6 or so in the last week.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

A Moose posted:

holy poo poo gates mirror is the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORST. Did you go first? Did you draw Circuitous Route? You win.

Posting to say that mass manipulation wrecks the mirror.

Edit: my variant is also running Niv.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

A Moose posted:

It gets kind of canceled out if you're both running it though. I thought about running niv, but have no way of protecting him. I don't know why I'm not running Expansion/Explosion though, that seems good.

I agree on them getting canceled but I've yet to see them in the mirror. Most times I cast it they just concede. Niv is fun because you can combo it off guild summit by drawing twenty cards but now that you mention it Ex//Ex sounds more reliable and way less triggers.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

I've been playing esper midrange and this thing is straight gas

armed with Wyatt Darby's sideboarding guide I have yet to queue into a matchup that truely felt unwinnable

its one of those decks where you just have to sequence very carefully and draw the right cards in the right order but thanks to your pile of surveil and the sheer power of your cards you have some level of control over it

I’m 5 pages late and it may have already been posted and I might find it as I catch up but do you have the guide available?

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Relin posted:

this game has a good amount of bots playing now, and i'm happy to prey upon them

Teach me.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey gang, listen I know everyone loves planeswalkers and poo poo, but holy gently caress Bolas Citadel is insanely fun. It's just like if Experimental Frenzy also made spells free. You usually need to play it and pass, and you need to have some way to manipulate your top card with explorers in hand or a planeswalker in play... but playing 15 cards in a turn, swinging for 20, then sacing your board to deal 10 more on turn 5-6 is really, really good, and it's an artifact which is the least expected and hardest to kill thing in the format right now.

I would love to see this list. I love janky poo poo. Played the gently caress out of Omniscience pre WAR

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Oh man. I just lost against a WB Command the Dreadhorde deck. It was running stichers supplier, chamber sentry, ugin's conjurant, midnight reaper. He jacked my explore package out from underneath me after wrathing it. I almost milled him by dropping a massacre girl on his board full of suppliers and reapers. I lost when he Commanded back all of his X creature spells along with a vindictive vampire. Has anyone seen that list floating around?

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

zoux posted:

He hasn't posted itt since this day

I hope he’s ok :smith:

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I never did play a mirror match when playing Counters Fog. I think a small team of goons alone have been torturing the queue with that deck.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Corbeau posted:

This is your friendly reminder that war crimes aren't just for dumb broken counter-stacking formats.

It is harder though.

Is that literally the same list?

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Oceanbound posted:

What up mythic bro. I made it too. In limited.

For the curious, my record this month was 117-81 (59.1% winrate).

Killing it. Thanks again for the constant advice in discord!

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Blowout indeed.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Azuth0667 posted:

The best part of playing this stupid mono blue control deck is watching esper and grixis players furiously mouse over my counter spells as I prevent them from ever playing a win condition.

Post day poo poo. I’m indecisive on what to craft and updating monou for now sounds great.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Love seeing 15 Risen Reef triggers

Just let me attack with my angels so I can complete this quest, please

Edit nope they cast Omnath three times for 28 damage, great'

Every game I can barely tick up this attack counter by one or two because either I get totally ransacked or the game immediately stalls out after turn 2 and the moment I can attack again they perceive a disadvantage and scoop

Last time stalled on that quest I tossed together a Cavalcade deck and win or loose, cleared the quest in short order.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I left my prerelease Arena code at my LGS like a doofus. Anyone have a spare? I want to open 6 more packs to see what I get before blowing wild cards, lol.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

beedub posted:

I played against Simic Flash today who tapped out in both games 2 and 3 to play big Vivien, so I completely punished them? I assume that is not how you are supposed to play that deck?

No, not at all.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Doltos posted:

hot diggity dog

Sorry buddy, that’s a visual bug. You only got 1 Cavalier. :(

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Network42 posted:

Bingo I'v my thic champ?

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Jabor posted:

I just got styled on by someone running Flood of Tears + Omniscience. It owned and I would love to play it, but I'm not about to spend a bunch of mythic wildcards on rotating stuff.

I love this deck and can’t really play it because the client is loving garbage (mlmp) and lags and stutters with any decent sized board. Same with Storm and even Dreadhorde. I own a 2070 laptop and tried running the game at low settings. Still sucks.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

zoux posted:

Also if you've got a stack of tokens, when you assign them to attack you don't have to do it one-by-one, you can keep clicking the stack and it splits off tokens and puts them in a new stack.

I also read that you can click the number on your token stack and then the number on the opponents stack and it will auto set your stack to block theirs.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

resistentialism posted:

what's a good mayhem devil list for treasure mode

Oh poo poo, that sounds great.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Lprsti99 posted:

This deck owns, been ruining RDW and Grixis Control all night long.

I’ve been posting screenshots in the discord, deck is super fun. Lyra and Shalai gently caress people up.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Eej posted:

There's definitely a point in Drafting where you get just enough knowledge to have an idea of what to do and you end up doing a lot worse.

I'm still stuck there.

This post speaks to me.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Omniscience Draft

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

drainpipe posted:

I would've been excited about the mac port announcement a month ago, but I've been playing the game on GeForce Now for a few weeks and it is doooope.

I didn’t know GeForce Now was a thing until your post. I’ll have to check it out.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

it feels like the proper deck is not Scapeshift but full bore Esper control with four maindeck Unmoored Egos to murder Scapeshift players

This is my jam

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what an auto win looks like.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
A tale of Omni Draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

What is going on with the client? It chugs past turn 10 almost every game now.

It’s a piece of poo poo.