Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Holy poo poo, there are some big names there!

E: Shame it was recorded on a series of potatoes.
E2: Oh hey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFUZM5ZZuHQ

Moo the cow has a new favorite as of 20:39 on May 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

petit choux posted:

I bet when this land was free, and great, a man could get his penis stung by a bee to enlarge it if he drat well pleased.

quote:

The ways of enlarging the lingam must be now related.

When a man wishes to enlarge his lingam, he should rub it with the bristles of certain insects that live in trees, and then, after rubbing it for ten nights with oils, he should again rub it with the bristles as before. By continuing to do this a swelling will be gradually produced in the lingam, and he should then lie on a cot, and cause his lingam to hang down through a hole in the cot. After this he should take away all the pain from the swelling by using cool concoctions. The swelling, which is called "Suka," and is often brought about among the people of the Dravida country, lasts for life.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

This got interesting when the skinny guy landed a six-hit combination which included two body blows and a kick, but I absolutely lost it at the end when he pulled his kick and stopped to visibly measure his target before cracking the dude one last time.

and the backstory makes it even better:

https://twitter.com/fallenleo/status/1260086476001423360

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Stupid twitter cropping ruins the joke

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Are we complaining about the accuracy of a statue of a mouse in glasses knitting?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I got my ex a replica of that statue for her birthday last year. She killed a lot of mice in a bio lab so it was exactly her kinda thing.

Like, lifetime total of mice killed was easily north of 150k. 1-2 thousand a week. You’d be amazed how many mice die for biology research.

2,000/week?

assume a 35hr working week and that's one per minute. She must have a hell of a hammer arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n9ESFJTnHs&t=13s

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Piss Meridian posted:

You can buy a used yacht for like $3k

How many helipads do you get on a $3k yacht?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Memento posted:

Screenshot is a link to the tweet that will almost certainly be taken down.

Publically libelling the guy with the biggest libel law legal team in the entire world seems a tadge unwise.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

Posting a screenshot just in case it changes.

So, the one advocating military violence against their own population is the democratically-elected leader of the free world and the one opposing it is a multi-millionaire nazi?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So Trumps twitter got flagged for the looting gets shooting

So THE OFFICIAL WHITE HOUSE tweeted the text that got flagged..welllllllll

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Alan Smithee posted:

what the gently caress

Garrison is so poo poo at being a political cartoonist that he managed to draw arguments against his own points.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Is it just me, or are all the non-whites making sensible statements and the whites are saying the dumb stuff?

Is he, in fact, a genius and trying to promote social change for the good in a subversive manner?

Or is it just coincidence and he is just bad at this?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Sorry, I meant the cartoonist.

His stuff is so bad, I genuinely sometimes wonder if it is done in purpose and he is actually trying to subtly push a point that is actually opposite to the one it first appears he is supporting.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

If not for the slur in it I'd want that as an avatar.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Real Life Ron Perlman is more Ron Perlman than Movie Ron Perlman.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

The backstory is vague, but I bet the Nakatomi Corporation didn't have $640M in their safe as a result of ethical investments.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

wizzardstaff posted:

This fine specimen of internet folklore research did not get the attention it deserved.

Thanks - it was indeed an interesting read.

It also highlighted just how poo poo twitter is for longish articles.

35 tweets! It;s like trying to listen to a story as told by someone with an attention deficit disorder.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Cleretic posted:

And yet it's actually as well-structured as you can feasibly get for that. /1

Cleretic posted:

Every tweet is its own point, /2

Cleretic posted:

there's no cutting off mid-sentence, /3

Cleretic posted:

there's a lot of accompanying images at appropriate times./4

Cleretic posted:

You shouldn't do dozens-long tweet threads to explain a thing, /5

Cleretic posted:

but if you ARE, you do it like that./6
❤💫😊

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

bessantj posted:

I watched a completion of her going round campuses and it's like someone gave a microphone to a 10 year old. She's loving stupid on a level I can't really believe.

First time I saw her, I genuinely thought she was an Onion reporter.

Second time, I thought it was a persona someone was playing to satirise those views .

Third time? That girl ain't right in the head.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

bessantj posted:

It's one of those times where "just ignore her." is the actual best advice.
Oh, I disagree.

She's so poo poo at putting forward her terrible views, that she's actually promoting good ones.

Skwirl posted:

Or when she mistakenly asked a transman how they felt about hypothetical tampon machines in the men's room and he replied "it'd help a lot when I have my period."

This was from a series of short interviews with students and every single one made me think 'ah, that is a good point in favour of mixed gender bathrooms'

I am still not convinced that she isn't a trojan horse for decent opinions, hiding in a giant wooden statue of a moron.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

The gently caress?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Maybe it's retro-chic?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

She's too good for this world.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

I love the collisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZZquVylLEo

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Somfin posted:

That's a drat fine quote

For those who don't know, though, the 3/5ths compromise was actually pretty bad and it should have been a 0, since the whole "3/5ths of a person" thing was exclusively whether slaves count as population for the purposes of how many representatives a state gets, so naturally the slave states wanted slaves to count as 1 and the free states wanted them to count as 0. Them counting as "3/5ths of a person" meant that slave states got more representatives than they should have, since the representatives did not actually represent the needs of the slaves at all.

Thanks for the education, that was interesting to learn.

And man did your country do some lovely stuff. (As did every other country)

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Tiggum posted:

These are all completely incomprehensible to me. I tried googling some of them and got nothing.

I was a "Where did Christa McAuliffe take her vacation?"-age awful little poo poo, but somewhere around "under the sink, next to the comet"
Astronaut:Died in space in the Challenger Space Shuttle Disaster. Comet is a brand of cleaner and also found in space.

Did you see they let Fred West off? Turns out he didn't kill anybody, he just bought his topsoil at Lockerbie.
Fred West: Mass murderer who buried some of his victims in the garden
Lockerbie: air disaster where a plane was bombed midair and the wreckage (and victims) scattered across the Lockerbie landscape

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Elviscat posted:

In what world does consuming approx. 800 calories a day make you "a barge"

Lilliput?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

zoux posted:

Is there a way I can be placed into a coma until November 4

Walk outside and get coughed on by someone.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Fun fact: In Ready Player One, they needed to show an Ohio from the future, filled with urban decay and despair.

So they filmed on location in Birmingham - no fancy set-dressing required!

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

rear end-play is a lot of fun.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Skwirl posted:

How do you colonize 6 out of 7 continents and never learn how to cook?

One's butler hires local people to work below stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Memento posted:

audible wince

"It's a too late for coffee, thanks. I won't be able to sleep tonight."